• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Soft-Spoken Secretary of Smashville: Isabelle for Smash Bros! (Assist Trophy confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Co-owned by @ Louie G. Louie G. and @ Hotfeet444 Hotfeet444

WHO IS ISABELLE?
Isabelle is your assistant in Animal Crossing New Leaf. She often sets up events for your town and helps you with whatever you plan for the town.

WHY IS ISABELLE WORTHY?
Well, aside from being a very well liked character, Isabelle is advertised quite often lately. A figure of Isabelle was bundled with a limited edition AC:NL 3DS XL. That's not very hard-hitting evidence, but when you consider that Isabelle is used as a spokesperson for AC during Nintendo Directs and is featured in the Animal Crossing Community on Wii U, she starts to make more sense. She can also represent parts of AC that Villager does not, such as the townsfolk, events, and brand new aspects of Animal Crossing introduced in New Leaf.

HOW CAN ISABELLE BE UNIQUE?
Like mentioned before, Isabelle can represent important aspects of Animal Crossing that the Villager does not, yet it won't feel out of context since Isabelle does many things around your town. Also, due to her nervous and shy nature, she could be a gentle fighter, not wanting to hurt you, but doing what she must to be victorious.

Movesets:
Hotfeet444

Isabelle:
Series: Animal Crossing
First Appearance: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2012)
Standard A Combo: Sign Here Please (x2, 8% total) (Strikes with her clipboard twice)
Forward + A: Party Popper (11%) (Small-range projectile, hits with confetti)
Up + A: I almost Forgot! (10%) (Surprise emote appears above head to attack)
Down + A: Found a Shell! (9%) (Kneels down to pick up shell, attacks low)
Dash Attack: The perfect Spot! (Stops and places Loid on the ground, attacks low and knocks opponent upward)
Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A: Winter Joys (13%) (Dons her Winter Solstice Coat as snowy wind flies around her)
Forward + A: Still not unpacked (12%) (Drops a Cardboard Box in front of her, can meteor smash)
Up + A: Attention Residents! (10%) (Pulls out a microphone and releases soundwaves upwards)
Down + A: Improve my Wardrobe (9%) (Puts on a pair of boots for a short moment to drop towards the ground. Can OTG hit opponents to continue combos)
Backward + A: Raring to Go! (11%) (Throws out a stack of papers behind her to attack, short-range projectile, decent range attack)
Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Going to the Island (24%) (Kapp’n and his boat appear and Isabelle jumps aboard, dashing forward a short distance as Isabelle then jumps off)
Up Smash: Club LOL (22%) (DJ K.K. Appears and booms a burst of sound upward as Isabelle jumps up and down happily)
Down Smash: We’d like to say…WELCOME! (20%) (Isabelle and a pair of random resident animals will shout in three different directions, the bursts of sound doing damage)
Grab Attacks:
Grab: Isabelle grabs the opponent with an open paw
Pummel: Isabelle pokes the opponent with her Pen (2%)
Forward Throw: Isabelle pushes an office chair behind the opponent, which pushes them away (9%)
Up Throw: Isabelle uses her megaphone and lets out a loud blast of sound, bursting the opponent upwards (9%)
Down Throw: Isabelle gives the opponent a large stack of papers, which causes them to fall to the ground as she acts nervously (11%)
Back Throw: Isabelle spins the opponent around on an office chair, which sends them spiraling away. (11%)
Special Moves:
Standard B: Work Project (Isabelle’s main set-up move that works in two phases. The first B will set a small target on the ground, which will fall to the ground if used in the air. The second phase will drop a random project of random damage depending on how long the player holds the B button, much like Peacock’s Look out below from Skullgirls. The times are as follows:
0-1 seconds: Log Bench (7%)
2-4 seconds: Street Lamp (10%)
5-7 seconds: Jungle Gym (15%)
8-10 Seconds: Fountain (23%)
11-13 seconds: Lighthouse (26%)
14-15 seconds: Brewster’s Café (33%)
You can still attack with normals during the time you hold the B button, so you’re not a sitting duck during the move’s usage.)
Side + B: Town Tune (An altering attack that will let Isabelle create magical music not to attack the opponent as she sings. When you hold the B button during this attack, you can alter the key of the music by using the analog stick, which will make the music notes hit high or hit low, which makes it good at aerial countering and tripping up opponents. This move can be cancelled out of by using your shield or rolling/side-stepping. You can sing a total of 6 notes at once. 4% per note)
Up + B: Flagpole Jet (trying to change the flag, Isabelle will be shot up through the air as the flag comes down from a random villager’s assistance as she hangs onto the rope. Isabelle will not receive a helpless penalty for using this attack, but cannot use special moves until she lands again. 12% for contact on launch)
Down + B: Ordinance (A unique counter as the kind of effects the counter produces are completely at random. As an opponent attacks, Isabelle will hold out her pad and pen in front of her, and as the opponent attacks, the contract will be signed and Isabelle will gain a boost of a random kind for a short time, all of them based on the ordinances featured in New Leaf. They are as follows:
Early Bird Ordinance: Isabelle gets to jump higher and recover easier
Night Owl Ordinance: Isabelle gets to move faster and attack quicker
Make our Town Beautiful Ordinance: Isabelle’s attacks do more damage
Bell Bloom Ordinance: Available only in Coin Matches, allows Isabelle to knock twice the amount of coins out of opponents.)
Final Smash: We Grow together! (Isabelle’s final smash is almost instantaneous, as random villagers will rush in from both sides of the screen, which if they come into contact with opponents, will knock them onto the ground and stun them. They will gather around Isabelle as she plants a large sapling in the ground, clapping as the sapling grows into a gigantic trees, whose growth will throw the opponents up into the air, more than likely resulting in a KO. 50% total, large knockback)
Taunts:
#1: Isabelle does a happy little dance.
#2: Isabelle pulls out a basket of cherries and snacks on one
#3: Isabelle does a little anxious rut motion, sweating as she does so
Colors:
#1: Standard Summer Attire
#2: Standard Autumn Attire
#3: Summer Solstice attire
#4: Winter Jacket attire (Not Winter Solstice Coat)

Support Isabelle for Smash Bros For Wii U/3DS!

SUPPORTERS:
Louie G, Hotfeet444, BluePikmin11, Sobreviviente, Tepig2000, KingofPhantoms47, SuperBrawler, legendofrob1, Pacack, Afrodude, Headcrab Jackalope, Spears in Smash Bros.

DISCONFIRMED

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So I'll add the first argument that you could add into the OP:
"Isabelle is on the Smash Villager poster, therefore it deconfirms her playable in the game."
Also add me into the supporter's list.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I like Isabelle she feels like a very fresh AC character with a great design, she could potentially be a bigger star in the Animal Crossing series with the inevitable Wii U Version.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Saw the Isabelle moveset by Hotfeet444 on the Roster Prediction Discussion thread earlier, and now I want to support her.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Isabelle:

Standard A Combo: Sign Here Please (x2, 8% total) (Strikes with her clipboard twice)

Dash Attack: The perfect Spot! (Stops and places Loid on the ground, attacks low and knocks opponent upward)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Winter Joys (13%) (Dons her Winter Solstice Coat as snowy wind flies around her)

Forward + A: Still not unpacked (12%) (Drops a Cardboard Box in front of her, can meteor smash)

Up + A: Attention Residents! (10%) (Pulls out a microphone and releases soundwaves upwards)

Down + A: Improve my Wardrobe (9%) (Puts on a pair of boots for a short moment to drop towards the ground. Can OTG hit opponents to continue combos)

Backward + A: Raring to Go! (11%) (Throws out a stack of papers behind her to attack, short-range projectile, decent range attack)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Going to the Island (24%) (Kapp’n and his boat appear and Isabelle jumps aboard, dashing forward a short distance as Isabelle then jumps off)

Up Smash: Club LOL (22%) (DJ K.K. Appears and booms a burst of sound upward as Isabelle jumps up and down happily)

Down Smash: We’d like to say…WELCOME! (20%) (Isabelle and a pair of random resident animals will shout in three different directions, the bursts of sound doing damage)

Grab Attacks:

Forward Throw: Isabelle pushes an office chair behind the opponent, which pushes them away (9%)

Up Throw: Isabelle uses her megaphone and lets out a loud blast of sound, bursting the opponent upwards (9%)

Down Throw: Isabelle gives the opponent a large stack of papers, which causes them to fall to the ground as she acts nervously (11%)

Back Throw: Isabelle spins the opponent around on an office chair, which sends them spiraling away. (11%)

Special Moves:

Standard B: Work Project (Isabelle’s main set-up move that works in two phases. The first B will set a small target on the ground, which will fall to the ground if used in the air. The second phase will drop a random project of random damage depending on how long the player holds the B button, much like Peacock’s Look out below from Skullgirls. The times are as follows:

You can still attack with normals during the time you hold the B button, so you’re not a sitting duck during the move’s usage.)

Side + B: Town Tune (An altering attack that will let Isabelle create magical music not to attack the opponent as she sings. When you hold the B button during this attack, you can alter the key of the music by using the analog stick, which will make the music notes hit high or hit low, which makes it good at aerial countering and tripping up opponents. This move can be cancelled out of by using your shield or rolling/side-stepping. You can sing a total of 6 notes at once. 4% per note)

Up + B: Flagpole Jet (trying to change the flag, Isabelle will be shot up through the air as the flag comes down from a random villager’s assistance as she hangs onto the rope. Isabelle will not receive a helpless penalty for using this attack, but cannot use special moves until she lands again. 12% for contact on launch)

Down + B: Ordinance (A unique counter as the kind of effects the counter produces are completely at random. As an opponent attacks, Isabelle will hold out her pad and pen in front of her, and as the opponent attacks, the contract will be signed and Isabelle will gain a boost of a random kind for a short time, all of them based on the ordinances featured in New Leaf. They are as follows:

Bell Bloom Ordinance: Available only in Coin Matches, allows Isabelle to knock twice the amount of coins out of opponents.)

Final Smash: We Grow together! (Isabelle’s final smash is almost instantaneous, as random villagers will rush in from both sides of the screen, which if they come into contact with opponents, will knock them onto the ground and stun them. They will gather around Isabelle as she plants a large sapling in the ground, clapping as the sapling grows into a gigantic trees, whose growth will throw the opponents up into the air, more than likely resulting in a KO. 50% total, large knockback)

Taunts:

Colors:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Add me to the list of supporters. She sounds like she could be a really charming addition to the roster. Though I would add an Ice Climbers style Able Sisters before her.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I like the idea, but since we don't have the New Leaf villager, it might not make sense. Also, Tom Nook is a much more likely possibility for a second AC rep. But this would make a strong third

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I like the idea, but since we don't have the New Leaf villager, it might not make sense. Also, Tom Nook is a much more likely possibility for a second AC rep. But this would make a strong third
Not having a New Leaf Villager is the perfect reason TO add Isabelle.
She can represent the parts of New Leaf that Villager doesn't use in his moveset.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know what else I could add to the OP?
Arguments, etc...
I'd wager that the main argument against Isabelle's inclusion is the idea that space for newcomers is limited, and that it'd be unlikely for a previously-unrepresented franchise to suddenly get two reps. However, Fire Emblem did just this.

The only other one that I can think of is that Isabelle's primary ability in New Leaf, placing and building PWPs, is basically identical to that of Dr. Wright, who was an assist trophy in Brawl.
My rebuttal to this is that Simcity is an EA-owned franchise, and that EA has been less willing to collaborate with Nintendo in recent years. (Concerning the declining quality of their games and customer service, this is probably a good thing for Nintendo, but I'm getting off-topic here.)

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I'd wager that the main argument against Isabelle's inclusion is the idea that space for newcomers is limited, and that it'd be unlikely for a previously-unrepresented franchise to suddenly get two reps. However, Fire Emblem did just this.

The only other one that I can think of is that Isabelle's primary ability in New Leaf, placing and building PWPs, is basically identical to that of Dr. Wright, who was an assist trophy in Brawl.
My rebuttal to this is that Simcity is an EA-owned franchise, and that EA has been less willing to collaborate with Nintendo in recent years. (Concerning the declining quality of their games and customer service, this is probably a good thing for Nintendo, but I'm getting off-topic here.)
Yes. The roster limitations are a big reason why Isabelle won't probably be joining the battle this time around.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Condoleneces to those that really wanted her playable.

I have to say that she is incredibly adorable looking in this pic though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn... this thread still doesn't have a second page yet?!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can see her getting in as playable in potential future games. She, Resetti, and Nook are the only other potential reps. And really Resetti is less popular than her. So ultimately it'd come down between her and Nook and really both could be in and do very different things from Villager.

Chase

Smash Ace
I can see her getting in as playable in potential future games. She, Resetti, and Nook are the only other potential reps. And really Resetti is less popular than her. So ultimately it'd come down between her and Nook and really both could be in and do very different things from Villager.
K.K. Slider has some pretty decent potential. So I'd add him to that list.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED

Isabelle:

Aerial Attacks:

Smash Attacks:

Grab Attacks:

Special Moves:

Taunts:

Colors:

Cool! Now if only the west had impact on the game.

D

Deleted member

I didn't say this before, but I'm sorry to the people who wanted her to be playable.
I guess Sakurai wanted some blood before the Direct on Tuesday.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I edited the title to reflect her confirmation as an Assist Trophy. Should have done it a while ago.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, I edited the title to reflect her confirmation as an Assist Trophy. Should have done it a while ago.
That's good. And it's not too bad since she was basically deconfirmed at E3.

Do you guys think she'll be a popular newcomer pick around the time of a potential Smash 5?

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
That's good. And it's not too bad since she was basically deconfirmed at E3.

Do you guys think she'll be a popular newcomer pick around the time of a potential Smash 5?
Well, by that logic, Tom Nook was also deconfirmed due to appearing in Villager's intro video, and look how much support he's getting.

Anyway, her popularity by the time Smash 5 comes around will probably be dependent on how important she is in the next Animal Crossing game, which I assume will come out before Smash 5.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, by that logic, Tom Nook was also deconfirmed due to appearing in Villager's intro video, and look how much support he's getting.

Anyway, her popularity by the time Smash 5 comes around will probably be dependent on how important she is in the next Animal Crossing game, which I assume will come out before Smash 5.
I meant in the official artwork for Villager with the Smash Ball, she was in the background upset.

Tom Nook suspiciously looked at his invitation... if anything, it helps his chances.
I'm pretty much neutral towards Nook though, I wanted Isabelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom