• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stork for Sm4sh - yeah

thoughts?

• Yes pls

Votes: 34 42.0%

Votes: 47 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I sincerely sorry.

STORK FOR SM4SH

Stork is a recurrent and very important character in the yoshi series.
Im not expecting him, mainly because im not expecting other yoshis rep, but i think is the best possibly choice yoshi could ever have: fresh, classic, no other appareance outside the yoshi series, and i think he fits very well with the yoshi/smash art style we have (aquarela and cake colors). He is also a badass.

The body gives a natural moveset to the character and could be actually easier to made than you think.

I think is boring to talk about obvious characters like mac or takamaru so... thoughts?

More Images:
<- this is a sticker in brawl.

<- crane ftw

Moveset:
(bySobreviviente)
Apparently, storks are one of those species who stayed with their couple forever.

I can imagine the stork being a space guy like wolf or something, pecking the enemies and trying to keep them in his range, his nest, with almost no real knockback outside of his throws, which considering the size of his peak (one grab) and legs (two grabs), will be quite powefull.

Yes, two grabs, he could even fly with the enemies on his legs, or he could use that cloth he have for carry the babies? something like villager maybe? i dont know.

Also the glide abbility and multiple jumps, yeah.

(by Hammer B)
Here is an idea I had some months ago which involves the Stork as a playable character (in some way):

I really think Yoshi should get Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and Baby Peach as a Down B Transformation (Each baby would give him special attacks just as in Yoshi's Island DS).
The Egg Lay move would be common to every combination because it is Yoshi's signature move.
Baby Mario would be the default baby and by carrying him Yoshi would remain with his classic special moves (Egg Throw and Egg Roll).
Baby Luigi could throw a Chain Chomp (his special item from Mario Kart Double Dash) as a recovery move, while in his side move Yoshi could perform his life-time Yoshi Bomb.
For her part, Baby Peach could use her Parasol as a recovery move and even the Crying ability from Super Princess Peach as a side move.
They could change each other with the help of the Stork, and the move could be called Stork Stop as in Yoshi's Island DS.

This way we could get five characters (Yoshi, the babies and the stork) representing the series for the price of one

(by Crap-Zapper)
A: Wing Hit Combo.
B: Pech Charger.
B Side: Spin Kick (Works the same way as Meta Knight Tornado).
B Up: Flap it's wings and fly.
B Down: Diving Down with head first.
Final Smash: "Bomb Delivery"
Like Diddy and Yoshi he starts to fly, and drops bombs down from a white bag it carries with it's mouth.
- -
Maybe the babies should drop the bombs in the Final Smash?

(by BindingBlade)
Standard B (Stork Spin): Spins around, creating a tornado of feathers.
Side B (Stork Screwdrive): Propels forward, pecking with his beak.
Up B (Silvertip Wings): Wings turn silver and is launched upwards, floating down slowly using a knapsack.
Down B (Little Warriors): Plants a knapsack with a random baby, who is released attacks the closest enemies on contact with the cloth.
Final Smash (Baby Boomer): Babies from random unlocked characters invade the stage, and have super-powerful attacks (cannot damage Stork).

Icons:

Supporters:

Sobreviviente
SuperBrawler
Cobalsh
Xhampi
Ariand/AEM
legendofrob1
Pacack
Crap-Zapper
Tepig2000
HyperSlash
Mega Bidoof
LazerRage
Cpt.
BindingBlade
Shaking//very
commanderkief

;D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think you've been watching too much Kung Fu Panda.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It is times like this I ask myself "How far can we go", This is a perfect exemple on that... But I must admire that you actually brought up a Yoshi Character, so that I like :D

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Stork is definitely the best choice for Smash 4.

ZelDan

Smash Master
His final smash would be to drop a baby off for a character and effectively ruining the rest of their life.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lol. I would expect him as Baby Mario's entrance animation, if he becomes playable. :p

Still, a nice thread. One of the few "obscure" thread that I actually liked.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Would be one of the odder choices I seen for a Yoshi character, still I personally prefer Shy Guy.
I guess Stork would be neat to have, I think his normal attacks would be weak, as I think he should use his feet like in KFP.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
When I did suggest the idea of a playable Stork a few months ago, never, NEVER, would I have dare to make a support thread for him/her, you sure have courage ^.^

A shame that my old computer is dead or I would have been able to give you a moveset tough D=

Anyway, add me to the supporter list please and I wish you the best of luck Stork fans =)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I've thought about this before, the Stork would actually probably be one of the better possible Yoshi reps, since it can have the babies (which are a large part of the Yoshi franchise) support him/her in battle. That and people tend to argue that Babies fighting would be unorthodox, so this is really the next best way to represent the babies as a playable character.

Do want.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Gosh, I remember that song. It remains to this day mine favourite video game song of all time. This song made me want to cry when I was little, I kid you not.

Anyhow, though I doubt the stork would make it as a playable character, it would be cool to see the character as either a trophy or a stage element. If Baby Mario/Luigi was a playable character (which I seriously doubt will happen), I could see the stork being their on-stage appearance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Stork carried little baby Impa and Anthony Higgs. Everyone should know this.

Asked for it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kung Fu Panda himself got suggested to... And people where actually serious about it.

I'll just stick by the Stork. Can't deny where you come from anyway.

D

Deleted member

I admit that it is a refreshing idea and one I would never even think about for Yoshi. Just seems a little odd to picture it like Master Crane from Kung Fu Panda.

Not that I'm opposed to it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I imagine Stork could peck. And glide, and have multiple jumps.

I got dat

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Apparently, storks are one of those species who stayed with their couple forever.

I can imagine the stork being a space guy like wolf or something, pecking the enemies and trying to keep them in his range, his nest, with almost no real knockback outside of his throws, which considering the size of his peak (one grab) and legs (two grabs), will be quite powefull.

Yes, two grabs, he could even fly with the enemies on his legs, or he could use that cloth he have for carry the babies? something like villager maybe? i dont know.

Also the glide abbility and multiple jumps, yeah.

Well thats it, if someone want to share a moveset or gameplay style feel free to do it ;D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Swans to! If a swan's mate dies, the other swan drowns itself... It's quite sad.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Here is an idea I had some months ago which involves the Stork as a playable character (in some way):

I really think Yoshi should get Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and Baby Peach as a Down B Transformation (Each baby would give him special attacks just as in Yoshi's Island DS).
The Egg Lay move would be common to every combination because it is Yoshi's signature move.
Baby Mario would be the default baby and by carrying him Yoshi would remain with his classic special moves (Egg Throw and Egg Roll).
Baby Luigi could throw a Chain Chomp (his special item from Mario Kart Double Dash) as a recovery move, while in his side move Yoshi could perform his life-time Yoshi Bomb.
For her part, Baby Peach could use her Parasol as a recovery move and even the Crying ability from Super Princess Peach as a side move.
They could change each other with the help of the Stork, and the move could be called Stork Stop as in Yoshi's Island DS.
This way we could get five characters (Yoshi, the babies and the stork) representing the series for the price of one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom