• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Green Thunder Strikes With Lightning! Paper Luigi Springs Into Action! Now With a Moveset!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The lean, mean, green machine that's in paper form has his own support thread now! But, what is Luigi exactly like in the Paper Mario series?

BIO
Unless you are living under a rock for many years now, Luigi is the younger twin of his famous brother Mario. We are not focusing on the character in his entirety for this support thread; only his Paper incarnation.
Paper Luigi was first in Paper Mario and had a very limited role. He was an NPC and he comes to Peach's Castle, but then leaves when Bowser takes over it. He's in Mario's House for the rest of the game and Mario could read his diary. He is upset that Mario is leaving him out on his adventures and wishes that he could join Mario on another adventure soon. (this diary also pre-dates Luigi's Mansion where he mentions his fear of ghosts) In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, he gets his own, unseen adventure as he saves Princess Eclair from the Chestnut King in the Waffle Kingdom. However, he often exaggerates his stories to make him sound more brave or had more of an impact on the scenario, making Paper Luigi look like a giant liar.
His biggest role was in Super Paper Mario. He went to Bowser's Castle with Mario to save Peach, but Bowser didn't kidnap Peach. In fact, Count Bleck did and he kidnapped Peach, Bowser, Bowser's minions, and Luigi. He wakes up from an unconscience state in Bleck's Castle and raids Bowser's and Peach's wedding to save Peach. Luigi is unconscience once again where he wakes up and is then brainwashed by Nastasia to become Mr. L. However, Dimentio frees Luigi and Luigi helps Mario and the others to stop the Void. In Chapter 8-3, he fights Dimentio and is seemed to be dead, but comes back near the end of Chapter 8-4. He helps defeat Count Bleck, only to be brainwashed again by Dimentio and becomes Super Dimentio as Luigi was the perfect host for the Chaos Heart; an artifact made to create the Void and was created once Bowser and Peach were "married." Once Super Dimentio was defeated, Luigi is once again freed and unharmed.
In Paper Mario: Sticker Star, he's hidden in certain levels and finding him in all of them would result in him being the parade leader like in the first game.
Games Featured In and Roles:

Paper Mario: NPC; Parade leader
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: NPC; Narrates his own stories about his adventures in the Waffle Kingdom
Super Paper Mario: The fourth playable character.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star: NPC; Find him in every level he's in and he becomes the parade leader.
While Paper Luigi doesn't have too much of an influence in these games, he's still everyone's favorite Man in Green!

HOW WOULD HE FIGHT?
Paper Luigi could fight in many different ways; however, it all depends on the direction Sakurai wants to take with Paper Luigi. He could use badges or other moves from the Paper Mario universe, he could use the Pixls and his abilities from Super Paper Mario, or he could be a semi-clone of Luigi. Paper Luigi is slightly faster than Luigi himself, but it comes at the cost of him being lighter and easier to KO.

ARGUMENTS
"Paper Luigi is incredibly unimportant to the Paper Mario universe! He wouldn't get in over Paper Bowser or Paper Peach!"
That is true, but I feel as though that Paper Luigi would come before Paper Bowser or Paper Peach. While his appearance is dependent on Paper Mario's, Paper Luigi would be the perfect second candidate. First off, he can easily be a semi-clone of Paper Mario or Luigi, thus he wouldn't take too much time from the developers. Not only that, but Paper Luigi is still Luigi and Luigi is arguably the second most popular and important character in the Mario universe (behind Mario himself that is). You know who did and did not get in that concept art of SSB4? Mario and Luigi were in it and not Bowser and Peach.

This means that Luigi could possibly a higher priority character than Peach or Bowser and that Luigi has Sakurai's attention more than Bowser and Peach. With this logic, I can safely believe that Paper Luigi can get in before Paper Bowser or Paper Peach.
And before people say that the Paper Mario universe would be a separate one from the traditional Mario universe; it wouldn't. Paper Mario or not, it's still the Mario universe as a whole. So while Paper Luigi doesn't have major importance in the games, he would still be a higher priority than Paper Bowser or Paper Peach for the reasons I just mentioned.

PROS
+ Based off of Luigi; a character from the Original 12 and is one of the most important and popular Mario characters.
+ Could possibly be a semi-clone that wouldn't take too long to develop.
+ Would be considered as a higher priority than Paper Bowser or Paper Peach.

CONS
- Not as important in the Paper Mario games.
- Not much demand for him.
- Dependent on Paper Mario getting in the roster or not.

MOVESETS
Brawler610's Moveset
[COLLAPSE=Brawler610's moveset]
Neutral Special: Thunderhand
People WILL disagree with me on this, but I made Paper Luigi's neutral special be the Thunderhand so that we can represent Luigi from the Mario & Luigi games.
What the Thunderhand will do is if you tap the special move button, the foe will be paralyzed. If you hold it down long enough, it will essentially act like an electric version of Luigi's Fireball. The Thunderhand gets more distance with the attack being fully charged rather than it simply barely charging it.

Side Special: Barry
Barry the Barrier Pixl!

It's simply just Paper Luigi creating a barrier to form a small counterattack. It doesn't result in a lot of knockback and the damage is fixed to 6%. It's only extremely situational.

Down Special: Boomer
Boomer the Bomb Pixl!

Paper Luigi drops Boomer and he explodes after 1 to 3 seconds have past. Paper Luigi can move around while Boomer is out and Boomer can explode early if you initiate the down special again. The knockback received is similar to that of Snake's C4.

Up Special: Super Jump
Paper Luigi's signature move! Paper Luigi gets ready to spring himself and then goes to great heights! This results in 10% damage and decent knockback! Paper Luigi can easily get back from the bottom of the screen to the ledge of Final Destination! It does have its limits. Controlling Paper Luigi while he is springing upwards is a bit tighter and thus harder to control. If Paper Luigi uses this move and his a ceiling, the move will stop and Paper Luigi will plummet to the ground. If you use this move near the top of the screen, Paper Luigi will be star KO'd.

Final Smash: Brobot L-Type
When Paper Luigi was Mr. L, he made this giant robotic beast in his image: the Brobot. The one that he will be specifically using is the Brobot L-Type.

Brobot can hover around with the jump button and has a wide variety of moves of its own:
Neutral Special: Inhale
Much like Kirby's and King Dedede's Inhale, Brobot will inhale his enemies and chomp them down and then spit them out.
Side Special: Mustache Boomerang
This attack gets a considerable amount of distance and damage. It's much like the boomerang-esque attack that Tabuu had where he threw that spiky disc. A lot of decent knockback that can KO opponents around 50% damage.
Down Special: Lasers
This is much like the Master Hand's lasers. However, you can aim and angle where the lasers will be directed towards. It doesn't result in a whole lot of knockback and can only be used for a short period of time, but it can get of quick and easy damage to the opponent.
Up Special: Brobot Burner
This is much like R.O.B.'s up special move. This is only a highly situational move.
Neutral Attack: Missile
Brobot will shoot out a slow moving, yet very effective, missile. He can launch out around 3 at a time. It causes an explosion that results in hefty knockback.
Any Tilt Attack: Punch
Paper Luigi will aim the Brobot's fists upward, downward, forward, or any direction you move the analog stick. It gets a lot of reach and knockback.
Brobot stays as long as Fox's Landmaster can.
[/COLLAPSE]

ALTERNATE COSTUME
I bet you know what's coming.

Mr. L would be Paper Luigi's Alternate Costume rather than his own character. His voice would be a bit more confident and serious than Paper Luigi's voice and even Luigi's own voice.

SIGNATURE ICONS

by Zhadgon

MUSIC
Luigi's Theme (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Mr. L, Green Thunder (Super Paper Mario)
Brobot Battle (Super Paper Mario)
Brobot L-Type Battle (Super Paper Mario)
The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)

SUPPORTERS
Brawler610
BluePikmin11
Tepig2000
Rockaphin
aldelaro5

You know the drill. Say that you'll support this and I'll add you to the list, make some signature icons and put them in your signature, make some random petition, spread the word, and make some movesets and I'll add yours to this post!

Enjoy what is left of the Year of Luigi!

"Though the man in red shall wield formidable powers, one shall stand against him. The man in green shall use the Chaos Heart's power to bring darkness to all."
-Count Bleck quoting the Dark Prognosticus

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Might use this post eventually.

Though, to be honest, this thread was a work of my boredom really.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think it's best if Paper Mario had an alt. costume of Paper Luigi. I don't think we'll see Paper Mario and Paper Luigi, but I guess I'll support.
Perhaps if Paper Mario is announced this year, they could show an alt. of Paper Luigi before the Year of Luigi ends.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I support him because Luigi is my favorite Mario character. He is not important but could be made a last-minute clone of Paper Mario. That is why Pichu was made playable in Melee.

D

Deleted member

I support him because Luigi is my favorite Mario character. He is not important but could be made a last-minute clone of Paper Mario. That is why Pichu was made playable in Melee.
I added you!
Incase you couldn't tell, Luigi is my favorite Mario character. :p (and favorite character in general) No way was I going to let someone else make a Paper Luigi thread before I did!

D

Deleted member

Get your signatures ready! This was made by Zhadgon:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
This is really old, but add me to the support list!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's really silly and doesn't seem to make sense but I don't care I want rep for this series in any department.

So, I kinda want/don't know him?

lol that would so silly trough.

Also, that revival...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom