• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Limitations-Will they Ruin/Change the Roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Due to limitations, apparently they are having trouble doing Ice Climber and PT.

Will Sakurai change PT to Charizard? Will he change Ice Climbers to Popo/Nana solo? Zelda/Sheik? Whatever?

Discuss. You can even make movesets for solo Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Popo/Nana, Zelda/Sheik, whatever. I don't really care.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Pokémon Trainer's Pokémons can be loaded individually, and the Trainer himself is more or less just a prop. Same can be said for Zelda/Sheik. I'm sure they can work around the Ice Climbers problem too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're quite lucky that most of the characters affected by the 'limitations' are lagrely shoo-ins and Sakurai will likely make every possible attempt to make them work.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cause everyone sees Sheik as a shoe in right? :rolleyes:

Again, I'd take solo Charizard, no wobbling eskimos and Impa instead of Sheik.

**** the establishment!
You don't want me to infract you now, do you? I've seen enouhg of it in the Zelda thread, and I don't want to see it spill into other threads. :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You don't want me to infract you now, do you? I've seen enouhg of it in the Zelda thread, and I don't want to see it spill into other threads. :glare:

Is this based on your actual position as a mod and the content of my posts, or is it bias against my opinion?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Since you admit it, that's abuse of your power. No way that my content isn't related to the topic of this thread. And no way that I can't state my opinions, or post a picture of a character I'd like to see in this upcoming game. Speaking of, I'll proceed doing so:

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Trainer: Unknown at this point. I bet they will try to make him work with his three Pokemon. If not, then we might just get Charizard since it's still one of the most popular Pokemon.

Zelda/Sheik: Same with the Pokemon Trainer. However, Zelda is definitely a shoo-in. Sheik won't be cut due to irrelevancy, but rather Sakurai having trouble implementing Sheik as a part of Zelda's moveset. If we see Zelda with Sheik, then I think that we can consider the Pokemon Trainer to be safe.

Ice Climbers: They are in danger and Sakurai is going to do whatever he can to get them in the game. If he can't, then I think that we will get one Ice Climber on the roster or they will both have to be cut.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Charizard would obviously be chosen as the only Pokémon from the Trainer in Brawl, cause of his mass popularity. And he's the only Pokémon besides Mewtwo who has 2 Mega Evolutions.

Zelda would of course get in over Sheik. This is no debate. Sheik's leftover moveset could be made to create Impa, cause Sheik herself won't get in herself.

Ice Climbers is far more difficult. I have no idea how they'd handle this. A SoPo would be cute but... It would be the oddest to see amongst these 3 characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa even does the Toon thing better than Sheik, don't deny it. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For once, no wobbling. Which is an awesome start.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly hesitant to proclaim that Ridley is a likely candidate based on the 3DS. I am not sure that it can handle 4 Ridley's.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
If Ice Climbers doesn't work they'll be cut.

I think the switching characters will not be effected as the 3DS game card read speed is 20 MB/s (if memory serves, it's certainly not slow in the least) while the Wii U optical drive is 22.5 MB/s, the small difference will be more than balanced out by the lower polygon count and smaller file size for the skins. If anything the Wii U will have more trouble having to partially pre-load the secondary character to memory to match the read time from the card on 3DS.

Olimar, and maybe Dedede are the only characters I can see having trouble otherwise, and they may have to be modified somewhat so the AI and number of models on screen doesn't eat away all the 3DS' limited RAM. I'm sure they'll be able to work it all out though with only minor tweaks (mostly in AI I imagine).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I can't even imagine Popo and Nana as seperate characters...we've seen how well they work solo whenever the CPU player gets KO'd.

Honestly if Trainer is a hassle, what I'd personally prefer them to do would be go the Project M route and have Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard as seperate characters with no switch out or Stamina gimmick. Instead all three would be selectable under the Trainer's character select screen icon, kind of like how you can do select which Pokemon you want to start with in Brawl.
I honestly don't care about having the switch out if it's going to be that big of an issue, but as someone who preferred both Ivysaur and Squirtle to Charizard, have the big dopey cumbersome dragon come solo would be disappointing.

I dunno about Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There won't be a solo Sheik as in Project M. So Impa is the only sollution. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to solo :squirtle: :ivysaur: :charizard: either. Not in the slightest.

D

Deleted member

Olimar, and maybe Dedede are the only characters I can see having trouble otherwise, and they may have to be modified somewhat so the AI and number of models on screen doesn't eat away all the 3DS' limited RAM. I'm sure they'll be able to work it all out though with only minor tweaks (mostly in AI I imagine).
The Pikmin just follow Olimar while the Waddle Dees and Doos wonder around on their own, so I don't think that it would be too hard for them to accomplish. The Ice Climbers are in trouble due to the AI being more advanced as Nana follows your every button press and attack that you do. That's the way I see it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Zelda and Sheik should be easier to handle than the Pokemon Trainer at the very least. With Zelda we are only dealing with two characters that need to switch. While the Pokemon Trainer, you technically have four. Granted only three of them are used for actually fighting. But the Pokemon Trainer in the background still takes up a certain amount of space. I don't see two of the pokemon getting axed for one though. It's possible sure, but it wouldn't feel all that right.

Not sure what to say about the Ice Climbers though. I guess if Olimar can still have at least three Pikmin on the field with him, one AI controlled partner can't be too heavy of a burden.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The Pikmin just follow Olimar while the Waddle Dees and Doos wonder around on their own, so I don't think that it would be too hard for them to accomplish. The Ice Climbers are in trouble due to the AI being more advanced as Nana follows your every button press and attack that you do. That's the way I see it.

That's somewhat true, but the pathing algorithms to let the pikmin and Nana get back to you when you're separated is more of a strain than when they're just following you and your actions. As for the waddle dees and doos I don't see them being much issue given how basic their AI is (wander around and attack if someone's close enough) but it could durastically effect his final smash (which already couldn't handle enough waddle dees to be honestly useful on the Wii version). I think Nana will be a bigger issue than either really, as without her the character becomes pretty much useless, but the other two may have their issues, if smaller.

D

Deleted member

That's somewhat true, but the pathing algorithms to let the pikmin and Nana get back to you when you're separated is more of a strain than when they're just following you and your actions. As for the waddle dees and doos I don't see them being much issue given how basic their AI is (wander around and attack if someone's close enough) but it could durastically effect his final smash (which already couldn't handle enough waddle dees to be honestly useful on the Wii version). I think Nana will be a bigger issue than either really, as without her the character becomes pretty much useless, but the other two may have their issues, if smaller.
The only things that I can see with Olimar and King Dedede get limited by in terms of the Pikmin and Waddle Dees respectively are having Olimar having to use less than 6 Pikmin (from what screenshots have been suggesting, it seems he can only use three) and King Dedede might have a less amount of Waddle Dees to be used as well as a new Final Smash. With the Ice Climbers, you eliminate what made them unique in Smash in the first place if they can't put Nana in properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom