• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Before Bowser Jr., There Was... Ludwig Von Koopa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Man, being forced to make a moveset for a character in a forum game makes you want the character! Yes, Ludwig Von Koopa. I want HIM to be in Smash Bros. Quit staring at me in disbelief! I know he isn't likely, but still...

Pros of including Ludwig:
  • He could introduce this character to a new audience
  • He has quite a bit of moveset potential
Cons of including Ludwig:
  • He isn't very popular
  • Bowser Jr. practically takes over his place in Mario
Moveset:
Neutral B (Fire Burst): Ludwig charges fire in his mouth for a second, then releases a ray of fire. Basically like F.L.U.D.D., only with fire, and it damages enemies.
Side B (Magic Scepter): Ludwig fires a ball of magic that is either a fire, electric, or ice attack, chosen randomly. However, you don't know which one it is until it hits.
Up B (Hair-Plane): Ludwig flies upwards, flapping his hair as if it was a pair of wings. Good recovery move.
Down B (Classical Music): Ludwig plays the violin, making everyone nearby fall asleep around him.
Final Smash (Shell Rocket): Ludwig hides in his shell and spins around, using his scepter to fly, and chases enemies like Pikachu's Volt Tackle.

Supporters: Fortanono, SuperBrawler, KingofPhantoms47, YoshiandToad, FalKoopa, Sobreviviente, Keeshu

So, there you have it! Don't flame me if you don't agree, and have a nice day! Peace out!

Fortanono

Smash Ace
If i can remember right there was 7 of them not just 1.
Koopalings

Wasn't Ludwig the leader? And if the 3DS has problems with the Ice Climbers, just imagine what 7 identical characters would be like. And they'd be OP on the Wii U. Chaingrabbers!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wasn't Ludwig the leader? And if the 3DS has problems with the Ice Climbers, just imagine what 7 identical characters would be like. And they'd be OP on the Wii U. Chaingrabbers!
Ludwig was the one you'd usually face last, and was considered the eldest of the Koopalings...so possibly he was their leader.

Heck, I have a soft spot for this Koopaling, even though he definitely won't happen. Maybe as a background character if we get a Bowser's Castle element.

Like a character's unlikeliness has put me off a good support; sign me up!

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Ludwig was the one you'd usually face last, and was considered the eldest of the Koopalings...so possibly he was their leader.

Heck, I have a soft spot for this Koopaling, even though he definitely won't happen. Maybe as a background character if we get a Bowser's Castle element.

Like a character's unlikeliness has put me off a good support; sign me up!
Added!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ludwig had the best boss fight in NSMBWii. Particularly his flutter jump, similar to Yoshi and Luigi. Add me as a supporter! :)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well, I can't bring myself to officially support him as a playable character. I think there is a spot for one only Mario representation this time around, if even that. But good job on the moveset. If I had to choose him or Bowser Jr., Ludwig would win.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
IMO Ludwig was Bowser Jr. before Bowser Jr. came along. I also like his design more than all the others, especially with the newer Mario games improving all the koopalings looks and making them have more interesting fights. While I'd like to see him in the game, and has plenty of special moves to pick from, Bowser Jr. pretty much stole his spot now as mini-leader of the koopalings.

Let's just say I support him because I like him a lot, but I don't see Ludwig having the slightest chance of getting in, too many other characters that need to get in before him and he competes with the other koopalings and Jr. Bowser. Jr. Bowser alone would probably be enough to represent the koopalings even if he's not one of the original 7 koopalings.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
wouldn't it be lemmy since he was the fist one? right? it WAS lemmy who was first right? I don't remember

Fortanono

Smash Ace
In smb3 was he the world boss of world one? if so, he was the first one for players to encounter.
He was in World 6. It was Larry who was in World 1. But Ludwig is considered the "leader", so I think he'll get in over Larry. (if either of them had a chance)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
He was in World 6. It was Larry who was in World 1. But Ludwig is considered the "leader", so I think he'll get in over Larry. (if either of them had a chance)
frig I meant Larry! Lemmy and Larry are too close. see, this is why I don't like the koopalings.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Lemmy is the one with balls (No pun intended, seriously). Larry and Iggy were basicly clones of each other in game.Yeah, those three were always were the hardest to remember because of how similar they looked. Thank goodness for the newer updated versions of them to make it easier to find out who is who.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Lemmy has his own website. Therefore he is more important.
But in seriousness. I think Ludwig should get in before Bowser jr.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I like that Ludwig can now levitate into the air in New Super Mario Bros. Wii U. I think it's safe to say that of the Koopalings, Ludwig is the most skilled with magic. According to the wiki he's also said to be the most cunning and cruel but sophisticated of the siblings.

Larry was a bit of a Tennis nut according to Superstar Saga...it's a shame we can't have a different Koopaling per Mario spinoff:

Larry: Mario Tennis(Superstar Saga shows his tennis abilties, and they're not bad!)
Lemmy: Mario Strikers (Always on a ball)
Iggy: Mario Kart (Fastest of the Koopalings, also rides atop Chain Chomps!)
Wendy: Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics(Ice skating champ)
Morton: Mario and Sonic at the Olympics(Almost definitely good at hammer throwing)
Roy: Mario Party(A total bully who likes to screw others over. Perfect!)
Ludwig: Super Smash Bros.(Most skilled of the Koopalings overall; Strong, fast, good at magic, etc)

I'd probably use them a lot more than 'Wiggler', 'Blooper' or even the more popular Dry Bones and Koopa Troopa. Hell, I'd play them more than Jr. too(still not happy about the sudden retcon of the Koopalings being his siblings)

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I like that Ludwig can now levitate into the air in New Super Mario Bros. Wii U. I think it's safe to say that of the Koopalings, Ludwig is the most skilled with magic. According to the wiki he's also said to be the most cunning and cruel but sophisticated of the siblings.

Larry was a bit of a Tennis nut according to Superstar Saga...it's a shame we can't have a different Koopaling per Mario spinoff:

Larry: Mario Tennis(Superstar Saga shows his tennis abilties, and they're not bad!)
Lemmy: Mario Strikers (Always on a ball)
Iggy: Mario Kart (Fastest of the Koopalings, also rides atop Chain Chomps!)
Wendy: Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics(Ice skating champ)
Morton: Mario and Sonic at the Olympics(Almost definitely good at hammer throwing)
Roy: Mario Party(A total bully who likes to screw others over. Perfect!)
Ludwig: Super Smash Bros.(Most skilled of the Koopalings overall; Strong, fast, good at magic, etc)

I'd probably use them a lot more than 'Wiggler', 'Blooper' or even the more popular Dry Bones and Koopa Troopa. Hell, I'd play them more than Jr. too(still not happy about the sudden retcon of the Koopalings being his siblings)
Cool, but what about Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Cool, but what about Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers?

Could always put Wendy O as the Koopaling for both Mario and Sonic types(she'd be good at gymnastics by the looks of things the way she twirls those rings of hers) and put Morton as the baseball star...

...but I don't have a clue for Mario Golf. Maybe leave them out of that one, and have Kamek instead.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Could always put Wendy O as the Koopaling for both Mario and Sonic types(she'd be good at gymnastics by the looks of things the way she twirls those rings of hers) and put Morton as the baseball star...

...but I don't have a clue for Mario Golf. Maybe leave them out of that one, and have Kamek instead.
Maybe Wendy O as Golf? I have no idea, but I'm not sure M&S needs a Koopaling.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Maybe Wendy O as Golf? I have no idea, but I'm not sure M&S needs a Koopaling.
Or maybe Wendy O as a character for the Square Enix made spinoffs. Like Mario 3 on 3 Hoops(gettit? She uses hoops to attack yo-okay, I'll shut up.)

Pretty much love Ludwig, but he has no hope in hell as playable. So I've been thinking what other ways he could be incorporated in as other than sticker/trophy. He obviously won't be an Assist Trophy, because he'd have to share the role with his six siblings, but I suppose it could work.

I've been thinking that the Koopalings as a whole would make for a pretty good "7 man Melee/Brawl/Four-ay" style boss with three appearing at the same time to pummel you. Each could have one unique attack, all would have Squirtle's side + B shell spin and maybe a flutter jump each.

Kamek(providing he wasn't a playable) would sail past and add effects to the Koopalings such as supersizing them, until only one Koopaling remained. That Koopaling would increase be made into a Mega Metal Koopaling. You could KO them in any order, so the 'final boss' could be whichever of the seven you preferred.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Or maybe Wendy O as a character for the Square Enix made spinoffs. Like Mario 3 on 3 Hoops(gettit? She uses hoops to attack yo-okay, I'll shut up.)

Pretty much love Ludwig, but he has no hope in hell as playable. So I've been thinking what other ways he could be incorporated in as other than sticker/trophy. He obviously won't be an Assist Trophy, because he'd have to share the role with his six siblings, but I suppose it could work.

I've been thinking that the Koopalings as a whole would make for a pretty good "7 man Melee/Brawl/Four-ay" style boss with three appearing at the same time to pummel you. Each could have one unique attack, all would have Squirtle's side + B shell spin and maybe a flutter jump each.

Kamek(providing he wasn't a playable) would sail past and add effects to the Koopalings such as supersizing them, until only one Koopaling remained. That Koopaling would increase be made into a Mega Metal Koopaling. You could KO them in any order, so the 'final boss' could be whichever of the seven you preferred.
That would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom