• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon #286, Breloom. The Mushroom Pokemon's Support Thread for SSB4! Get Your Signatures Ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is a support thread for Breloom to appear in SSB4! But, what is a Breloom?

BIO
Breloom is Pokemon #286 and is known as the Mushroom Pokemon. Shroomish, its pre-evolved form, evolves into Breloom at level 23. Breloom is a Grass-Fighting type and it originates from the Hoenn region in Generation III. It's abilities are Effect Spore, Poison Heal, and its Hidden Ability is Technician.
Games appeared in:
Pokemon Generation III: Shroomish was obtainable in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald in Petalburg Woods and they are rare to find. They are nowhere to be found in Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen.
Pokemon Generation IV: Shroomish was obtainable after when you get the National PokeDex in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum and they are found in the Great Marsh. Shroomish is found in HeartGold and SoulSilver by Headbutting trees in the Viridian Forest while both are found in the Safari Zone.
Pokemon Generation V: A swarm of Shroomish can be found in Black. However, Breloom can be found in a Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest in Black 2 and White 2.
Pokemon Generation VI: Breloom can appear in the Friend Safari if your friend's type is either Grass type or Fighting type.
HOW WOULD IT FIGHT?

It's very simple. It's special moves will involve various Pokemon moves that it can learn. Breloom will be a very quick and agile Pokemon in battle. While its attacks can pack a punch, Breloom is surprisingly light and can get KO'd very easily. Breloom can be identified as a "glass-cannon" as while it can pull off powerful attacks, it can easily be knocked around and sent flying.
ARGUMENTS
"Breloom didn't get a Mega Evolution."
Mega Evolutions are reserved for popular Pokemon and Breloom didn't get one. However, that doesn't mean that Breloom isn't popular. Being high up on the Pokemon tier list by Smogon, the OU tier, Breloom is often seen in competitive Pokemon battles. So, in that regard, it's a very popular Pokemon and it deserves to be in Smash.
"Lucario is a fighting type, we don't need Breloom."
Yes. Lucario is a fighting type like Breloom, but its moveset in Brawl did not do justice to that. Lucario felt more like a psychic type rather than a fighting type in my opinion. Breloom has no gimmick like Lucario's Aura and Breloom would be unique actually since its moveset will (almost) be entirely physical. The Fighting ability from Kirby is how a Fighting type Pokemon should behave like and Breloom would be the absolute perfect candidate to do that.
"Breloom isn't relevant."
While Breloom doesn't make an appearance in the main portion of X and Y (same for Shroomish), being relevant doesn't matter as long as there is some popularity (which Breloom does have). While Breloom is admittedly not the most perfect candidate for Sakurai to represent Generation III, it can represent it well enough and it would be unique thanks to its fighting style.

*this section will expand as time goes on*
MOVESETS
Brawler610's Moveset
[COLLAPSE=Brawler610's moveset]
Neutral Special: Bullet Seed
Breloom will fire out 5 bullets in a quick and rapid fire succession. The bullets are not affected by gravity like Luigi's Fireballs. This attack does minimal damage and knockback.

Side Special: Headbutt
The longer you hold down the special move button, the more it will charge up. The move itself can do serious knockback if you can't dodge it properly. Breloom also has super armor when it rams into an opponent. This move can help with its recovery, but it has to be situational as Breloom will be put into a helpless state.

Down Special: Counter
A character attacks and Breloom will counter back with a Mach Punch. The damage varies depending on the attack.

Up Special: Sky Uppercut
Think of Knuckle Joe's Rising Break and that is what Sky Uppercut is. It's a quick move that will do decent damage and knockback. However, Breloom is left into a helpless phase after the attack. Breloom can be easily punished during the helpless phase since both Sky Uppercut and Headbutt do a lot of damage and knockback.

Final Smash: Focus Punch
Breloom will go into a deep and concentrated focus by closing its eyes. When it opens them, it goes to the opponent closest to it and does a barrage of punches to its opponent! Focus Punch is pretty much like Marth's Critical Hit as it would instantly KO its opponent. However, there is only one target that Breloom can get. Though, an unfortunate player can get caught in the mix.[/COLLAPSE]
Fortanono's Moveset
[COLLAPSE=Fortanono's moveset]
B (Absorb): Breloom fires a projectile of green lightning at the foe. It acts like Luigi's Fireball, deals Grass and Electric damage at the same time, and restores a little bit of Breloom's health if it hits.
Side B (Seed Bomb): Breloom fires an explosive seed that acts like one of Link's Bombs.
Up B (Sky Uppercut): Breloom does a flying uppercut at the opponent. Good recovery move.
Down B (Stun Spore): Breloom shoots spores all around it that do no damage and stun the opponent.
Create a moveset and I'll feature it!
[/COLLAPSE]
Zzuxon's Movset
[COLLAPSE=Zzuxon's moveset]
General Play style: Breloom is a glass canon. It runs fairly fast and hits hard. Breloom would have an agressive play style with an emphasis on controlling your opponent.
B: Stun Spore
Breloom creates a cloud of spores roughly twice as large as itself. Opponents in this cloud suffer from decreased attack andd movement speed.
Side B: Seed bomb
Breloom throws a seed bomb which explodes, releasing several smaller bombs which also explode.
Up B: Sky uppercut
A fairly generic recovery move.
Down B: Low sweep
A fast move that deals low damage but trips the opponent.
Final Smash: Mega Drain
Brelom drains health from all its opponents, increasing their percentage while decreasing its own.
[/COLLAPSE]
Tepig2000's Moveset
[COLLAPSE=Tepig2000's moveset]
Neutral Special - Mach Punch

Breloom punches really fast. If you hold the special attack button Breloom keeps punching. The punches are as fast as Fox's rapid kicks.

Side Special - Sludge Bomb

Breloom shoots a bomb of purple sludge forwards. This does damage and may poison enemies. If an enemy is poisoned it keeps getting 1% damage every second for 10 seconds.

Up Special - Sky Uppercut

Breloom jumps, punching upwards.

Down Special - Grass Knot

Breelom snares the nearest enemy with grass, making the enemy trip.

Final Smash - Focus Blast

Breloom jumps to the top of the screen. He then charges a giant ball of energy and throws it down. The blast does great damage and explodes if touching the ground. The explosion is a one-hit KO.
[/COLLAPSE]
sonicfan7895's Moveset
[COLLAPSE=sonicfans7895's moveset]
Neutral B: Spore. With this attack, Breloom will launch a stream of spores towards the closest opponent possible, and they will instantly fall asleep, leaving them open to attack.
Side B: False Swipe. With this attack, the opponent can only be dealt up to 100% damage, before this move will fail every time afterwards. However, if below, it will hit with decent damage, no knockback, but some considerable stun.
Up B: Sky Uppercut, because what else is there? If at all possible, a cancel-out would be awesome, much like Lucario from Project M and his new aura system.
Down B: Sludge Bomb: Breloom will launch a ball of poisonous sludge at an opponent. If it hits, it will deal damage and have a chance of poisoning (represented by the Lip's Stick flower on the head), with some good knockback.
Final Smash: Superpower: Breloom will draw all of its power into a rush attack, dealing about 4% damage for about 9-11 hits, and ending in one last uppercut to try and knock the opponent through the ceiling.
[/COLLAPSE]
TheFirstPoppyBro's Moveset
[COLLAPSE=TheFirstPoppyBro's moveset]
Specials:
Neutral Special: Power-Up Punch - Breloom winds up and punches hard. If the move connects, Breloom will get a temporary power buff.

Side Special: Seed Bomb - Breloom throws/fires off an explosive seed, which functions similarly to a Deku Nut in Brawl. Can daze opponents, and is very potent when combined with Power-Up Punch's power buff, both before and after the buff.

Up Special: Sky Uppercut - Breloom throws a punch skyward, sending him into the air. If it hits an opponent, it hits multiple times while Breloom rises.

Down Special: Stone Edge - Breloom punches the ground around him, sending rocks flying up on both sides. If attacked, the rocks will block stronger attacks and pierce weaker ones. If in the air, Breloom will spawn a rock and smash it downwards, acting as a spike.

Grabs:
Because of Breloom's stretchy arms, it has surprisingly good grab range. As such, when it grabs, Breloom will stretch its arm to catch the opponent and drag them in, similar to Yoshi's grab.

Pummel: Breloom punches the grabbed opponent with its free hand.

Forward Throw: Breloom lets go of the opponent and quickly punches the opponent with both hands.

Back Throw: Breloom throws the opponent behind it and hits them with the hard seeds that make up its tail.

Up Throw: Breloom flings the opponent skyward and smashes into them head-first. Sends opponent off diagonally, for example, if used when facing right, it will send the foe up and to the right.

Down Throw: Breloom jumps and lands on the opponent from above. Sends the opponent upward.
[/COLLAPSE]

SIGNATURE ICONS

by jaytalks

by jaytalks

MUSIC
Wild Pokemon Battle (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
Trainer Battle (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
Gym Leader Battle (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
Champion Battle (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
Hoenn Gym Leader Theme (Black 2/White 2)
Hoenn Champion Theme (Black 2/White 2)
SUPPORTERS
Brawler610
moneyfrenzy
SuperBrawler
Fortanono
McDuckletts
Zzuxon
Tepig2000
SmashBro99
legendofrob1
sonicfan7895
TheFirstPoppyBro
MorbidAltruism
Ultinarok

You know the drill! Say that you'll support this and I'll add you to the list, make some signature icons and put them in your signature, make a petition, spread the word, and make movesets and I'll add them to the original post!

See ya later!

"Its short arms stretch when it throws punches. Its technique is equal to that of pro boxers."
-PokeDex

D

Deleted member

This would be an interesting fighter to have, I bet Zzuxon would love this.
I saw people make support threads for Hawlucha and Snorlax. No way will I let people steal Breloom from me! Breloom is one of my favorite Pokemon, so I decided to make a much needed support thread for it. By the way, do you support this?
As BluePikmin said, interesting.

Confirmed to be Toad clone :troll:.
Oh boy… hahaha! By the way, will you support this?

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I saw people make support threads for Hawlucha and Snorlax. No way will I let people steal Breloom from me! Breloom is one of my favorite Pokemon, so I decided to make a much needed support thread for it. By the way, do you support this?

Oh boy… hahaha! By the way, will you support this?
Definitely.

Oh wait, I support!

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I took some elements from your moveset and made my own! Here it is!

B (Absorb): Breloom fires a projectile of green lightning at the foe. It acts like Luigi's Fireball, deals Grass and Electric damage at the same time, and restores a little bit of Breloom's health if it hits.
Side B (Seed Bomb): Breloom fires an explosive seed that acts like one of Link's Bombs.
Up B (Sky Uppercut): Breloom does a flying uppercut at the opponent. Good recovery move.
Down B (Stun Spore): Breloom shoots spores all around it that do no damage and stun the opponent.

I support Breloom cause Wynaut?

D

Deleted member

If anyone is supporting, I will add your name to the original post! Sorry it took me about an hour to do so!
I took some elements from your moveset and made my own! Here it is!

I support Breloom cause Wynaut?
This is pretty good! I'll add this to the original post!
btw breloom is in the friend safari in x and y so it does appear
I guess I will take note on that. I didn't include that before since I think any second stage evolution Pokemon can be in the Friend Safari.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
If anyone is supporting, I will add your name to the original post! Sorry it took me about an hour to do so!

This is pretty good! I'll add this to the original post!

I guess I will take note on that. I didn't include that before since I think any second stage evolution Pokemon can be in the Friend Safari.
there is a good amount of poke's that are not available even in friend safari. Past gen legendaries and starters, koffing and weezing, rattata and raticate, porygon family, milotic, slaking, and a ton of 4th and 5th gen pokemon are not present in the game at all

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Aw yeah, Breloom! I'm gonna be honest here, before I discovered Heracrosss, Breloom was my favorite Pokemon. Even though he's since been de-throned, he's still up there as one of my favorites of all. Not to mention it would be awesome to play as a mushroom kangaroo boxer in Smash. So yeah, add me to the supporters!

D

Deleted member

there is a good amount of poke's that are not available even in friend safari. Past gen legendaries and starters, koffing and weezing, rattata and raticate, porygon family, milotic, slaking, and a ton of 4th and 5th gen pokemon are not present in the game at all
Oh, I thought I could find every evolution of Pokemon in the Friend Safari that wasn't a legendary. But that stinks...

Aw yeah, Breloom! I'm gonna be honest here, before I discovered Heracrosss, Breloom was my favorite Pokemon. Even though he's since been de-throned, he's still up there as one of my favorites of all. Not to mention it would be awesome to play as a mushroom kangaroo boxer in Smash. So yeah, add me to the supporters!
I added you to the support list!

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about making one of these. Shoul I do Ampharos of a Throh and Sawk duo?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, Ampharos was what I was thinking. But what for a down special: Cotton Spore or Light Screen?
Cotton Spore! Using that luxurious mane that the Mega Form has, of course. :p

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I plan on making a breloom moveset.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Breloom Moveset:
General Play style: Breloom is a glass canon. It runs fairly fast and hits hard. Breloom would have an agressive play style with an emphasis on controlling your opponent.
Breloom creates a cloud of spores roughly twice as large as itself. Opponents in this cloud suffer from decreased attack andd movement speed.
Breloom throws a seed bomb which explodes, releasing several smaller bombs which also explode.
Brelom drains health from all its opponents, increasing their percentage while decreasing its own.

D

Deleted member

Breloom Moveset:
Nice moveset! I added it to the original post!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My moveset:

Breloom punches really fast. If you hold the special attack button Breloom keeps punching. The punches are as fast as Fox's rapid kicks.

Breloom shoots a bomb of purple sludge forwards. This does damage and may poison enemies. If an enemy is poisoned it keeps getting 1% damage every second for 10 seconds.

Breloom jumps to the top of the screen. He then charges a giant ball of energy and throws it down. The blast does great damage and explodes if touching the ground. The explosion is a one-hit KO.

D

Deleted member

My moveset:

I'll add this to the original post!

A cooler boxing character than Little Mac, add me.
Added!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't think I've commented on how much I like breloom.

cause I like him a lot. add me.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
I kind of like this idea! Add me for support! And, if I could contribute a moveset, to make use of not only its use of Grass and Fighting-type moves, but also that of some other types.

Neutral B: Spore. With this attack, Breloom will launch a stream of spores towards the closest opponent possible, and they will instantly fall asleep, leaving them open to attack.
Side B: False Swipe. With this attack, the opponent can only be dealt up to 100% damage, before this move will fail every time afterwards. However, if below, it will hit with decent damage, no knockback, but some considerable stun.
Up B: Sky Uppercut, because what else is there? If at all possible, a cancel-out would be awesome, much like Lucario from Project M and his new aura system.
Down B: Sludge Bomb: Breloom will launch a ball of poisonous sludge at an opponent. If it hits, it will deal damage and have a chance of poisoning (represented by the Lip's Stick flower on the head), with some good knockback.
Final Smash: Superpower: Breloom will draw all of its power into a rush attack, dealing about 4% damage for about 9-11 hits, and ending in one last uppercut to try and knock the opponent through the ceiling.

D

Deleted member

I kind of like this idea! Add me for support! And, if I could contribute a moveset, to make use of not only its use of Grass and Fighting-type moves, but also that of some other types.

Alright! I added you to the support list and your moveset in the original post!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I love Breloom. A lot. He's my favorite Pokemon ever, and I'd love to see him in Smash. I support this completely.

Also, I have a moveset. Mind, though, that it's entirely impromptu. Before I post it, though, I have a question. Does the Breloom have a certain ability (Effect Spore, Technician, etc.)?

D

Deleted member

I love Breloom. A lot. He's my favorite Pokemon ever, and I'd love to see him in Smash. I support this completely.

Also, I have a moveset. Mind, though, that it's entirely impromptu. Before I post it, though, I have a question. Does the Breloom have a certain ability (Effect Spore, Technician, etc.)?
I'll add you to the support list!

The Breloom does not have a certain Ability. I don't think that Sakurai took Abilities into account when he made Brawl.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'll add you to the support list!

The Breloom does not have a certain Ability. I don't think that Sakurai took Abilities into account when he made Brawl.
Okay, because I'm thinking of having either Rock Tomb or Stone Edge as an anti-air (like how you'd use it on Flying types in Pokemon). :chuckle:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Also, do you mind if I make a full moveset, or should it just be specials?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So I have a moveset, but only the specials right now.

Neutral Special: Power-Up Punch - Breloom winds up and punches hard. If the move connects, Breloom will get a temporary power buff.

Side Special: Seed Bomb - Breloom throws/fires off an explosive seed, which functions similarly to a Deku Nut in Brawl. Can daze opponents, and is very potent when combined with Power-Up Punch's power buff, both before and after the buff.

Up Special: Sky Uppercut - Breloom throws a punch skyward, sending him into the air. If it hits an opponent, it hits multiple times while Breloom rises.

Down Special: Stone Edge - Breloom punches the ground around him, sending rocks flying up on both sides. If attacked, the rocks will block stronger attacks and pierce weaker ones. If in the air, Breloom will spawn a rock and smash it downwards, acting as a spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom