• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standalone Red... WAIT! without any Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You probably remember him as the brawl character nobody played as... because you COULDN'T actually play as him, but only his pokemon! but what if you could be the trainer himself?

STANDALONE RED
Red is the main trainer from the first gen pokemon games. he becomes the pokemon leauge champion, and travels to mount silver where you can find him in the next gen games. although much of the game is revolved around battling, there's many more that you can do in the pokemon games, and it should be represented throughout smash with a human character. and what better character would that be then red himself? you might reconize him as the pokemon trainer from brawl, but he is COMPLETELY the same person. no sense hiding it. why would I, anyways? I have permission to make this thread! (thanks, FalKoopa)
MOVESETS:
He has some moveset potential in mundane things that you might not really expect to be used as attacks, such as riding a bike, fishing, or even throwing rocks and laying bait like in the safari zone! obviously, he could use his trademark abilities like throwing a pokeball to catch the opponent for a few short moments.
[collapse=Mega Bidoof's Red specials-only Moveset]
B- [Rock] throws a rock, but at a randomly chosen size, bigger rock= more damage.

Side B- [Bike] the bike makes a "ring ring" Then shoots off at fast speeds.
Basically wario bike.

Up B- [Fly] a silhouette of a Flying Poekmon comes and lifts Red off the ground and throws him up in the air.

Down B- [Dowsing] he pulls out a dowsing machine and after 3 seconds of no interruption, and item comes out of the ground. %50 chance it's a Pokéball, %25 chance it's a healing item, %25 chance it's an attacking item. You could only use this move every 10 seconds to prevent spamming.

Final Smash- [Gotta Catch Em' All] the sprites of all the original 151 pokemon come on the screen as charge. (Basically a more powered version of the Excite Bike Assist)
[/collapse]
[collapse=legendofrob1's FULL moveset]
Red:
[collapse=how I'm rating the size and stuff]
Real Low---Low---Below average---Little below average--Average--Little above average---Above average---High---Very high
example, size
Squirtle---Pikachu---Pikmin and Olimar---Ivysaur--Mario--Link---Snake---Charizard---Bowser
[/collapse]
Size: [little above average] about the same as snake, if not a bit shorter.
Weight: [average] he does have a bag with so much in it, it really shouldn't all fit.
Friction: [little below average] his shoes don't look like they would have any good traction on many surfaces.
Air Mobility: [Low] it's RED. he only jumps when going off cliffs. which, might I add, is the OPPOSITE of what smash is supposed to be.

Grapple (Old Rod):
Red pulls out the old rod and uses it to try to nab opponents and pull them closer. missing will leave red vulnerable. can also be used as a tether with Z

Jab:
just a basic one-two punch. like snake's but without a kick.

Tilts:
Side Tilt (Strength): Red uses the power of his pokemon and does a good shove.(taken from the way strength is used in the field) does high knockback for a tilt.
Down Tilt (PAcK): Red crouches down and opens his pack to look for something. does multiple hits
Up Tilt: Red raises his pokeball high in the air.

Smashes:
Side Smash (Cut): Red uses the power of his pokemon and a slash effect is seen in front of red, while he holds a pokeball up high .(taken from the way cut is used in the field)
Down Smash (Bait): Red places a bait on the ground, like in the safari zone. will heal teammates if eaten, and will stun opponents if stepped on. longer the charge, better the heal/stun
Up Smash: ...I actually can't think of anything... uh, lemme know if you come up with something good I guess.

Specials:
Down Special (Rock Throw): Red throws a rock. it travels about as fast as pit's arrow. also, Red might throw some other objects, such as an apple (which does more damage but can be eaten after) or a pester ball (like in pokemon snap, it will stun opponents)
Side Special (Bike): Red rides a bike. when he starts this move, a familiar "ding" can be heard. please don't sit in the corner and spam this. Works just like Wario's bike.
Neutral Special (Pokeball): Red throws a pokeball, temporarily capturing the opponent for a few moments. it doesn't do much damage upon impact, and the opponent can't be hurt inside the ball. best used to close the gap.
Up Special (Fly): Red summons a Pidgeotto and it flies him up a bit. does some damage. best related to a mixture between fox's firefox, and lucario's extremespeed.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Red tosses his pokeball up and catches it, all while tipping his hat.
Side Taunt: Red checks his pokedex for information.
Down Taunt: Red Ties his shoe. (that's the best I could think of, really.)
[/collapse]
[COLLAPSE=SuperBrawler's moveset]
Stand alone Red

Special: Pokéball. Red throws a Pokéball, trapping the opponent for 2 seconds. You can attack whoever is inside.

Side Special: Bike. Red uses his bike, making a "ring ring" sound, and making Red much faster than normal. It has much more control than Wario's Bike and deals 9% when crashing into someone! it is mostly just for transportation.

Down Special: Dowsing Machine. Red uses the Dowsing Machine and pulls out a Potion, healing some damage. Sometimes it is a Suoer or Ultra Potion, healing more damage.

Up Special: Fly. A silhouette of a Bird picks up Red into the air. Red can control where it goes. He can get off when he wants for up to 3.5 seconds.

Final Smash: Pokémon Attack. Random Pokémon fall from the sky and tackle everyone except for Red. Like the Exitebiker Assist Trophy in Brawl. Except way more powerful.

Grabs: Super Rod. Red pulls out his Super Rod to grab. Can also be used as a tether.

Pokédex: Just like Snake's Codecs, Red pulls out his Pokédex and it describes the foe.
[/COLLAPSE]
MUSIC
Red's Theme (Heart gold/Soul Silver)
Gym Leader Theme (Red/Blue)
Pallet Town (Red/Blue)
Credits (Red/Blue)
Vs. Champion (Fire Red/Leaf Green)
Boss Battle (Pokemon Typing DS)

SUPPORTERS
legendofrob1
BluePikmin11
SuperBrawler
Brawler610
Mega Bidoof
Golden Icarus
Pacack
Dr. Flinn
CardiganBoy
GodOfSocks
Sobreviviente

Also, if you have anything you want to add, like music or a moveset, then please, post it below.

D

Deleted member

This is perfect. I support!

Wait a sec, if you are making this thread and I made the Blue thread, does that make us rivals? :eek:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OK, here's my ideas:

he should have a unique command grab where he throws a Poke Ball and it can catch the opponent. If the ball is able to perfectly catch the opponent, he'll be able to rack up damage by attacking the Poke Ball.

An alternate idea is he simply holds a Poke Ball and Pokemon appear in front of him for attacks.

Also, did you get the Gotta Catch 'Em All Final Smash from my post in the Dream Thread? :eek:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just had the best idea! him looking through his bag would be an awesome down-tilt!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I support.
Also the a moves can consist of mainly punching, kicking, and maybe swinging some items.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I think you should replace Rocks with empty Poké Balls that trap people, like Yoshi's Egg Lay, but from a distance. Anyway, I'll support.

I suppose it does...:laugh:

Mah Pidgot can beat your Raticate!
You didn't just BEAT his Raticate... You KILLED him! :'(

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think you should replace Rocks with empty Poké Balls that trap people, like Yoshi's Egg Lay, but from a distance. Anyway, I'll support.
HEY! don't give away my moveset just yet ;) also thanks for supporting!

You didn't just BEAT his Raticate... You KILLED him! :'(
that's just a fan theroy. it probably got lost in dark cave or something

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I've actually had this idea before. I wasn't too sure how it would work, or if it would be appealing. But after seeing this...I'm sold! You can definitely add me to the support list! ;)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
ALRIGHT! I'M DONE!

Red:
Real Low---Low---Below average---Little below average--Average--Little above average---Above average---High---Very high
example, size
Squirtle---Pikachu---Pikmin and Olimar---Ivysaur--Mario--Link---Snake---Charizard---Bowser
[/collapse]
Weight: [average] he does have a bag with so much in it, it really shouldn't all fit.
Friction: [little below average] his shoes don't look like they would have any good traction on many surfaces.
Air Mobility: [Low] it's RED. he only jumps when going off cliffs. which, might I add, is the OPPOSITE of what smash is supposed to be.

Grapple (Old Rod):
Red pulls out the old rod and uses it to try to nab opponents and pull them closer. missing will leave red vulnerable. can also be used as a tether with Z

Jab:

Tilts:
Side Tilt (Strength): Red uses the power of his pokemon and does a good shove.(taken from the way strength is used in the field) does high knockback for a tilt.
Down Tilt (PAcK): Red crouches down and opens his pack to look for something. does multiple hits

Smashes:
Side Smash (Cut): Red uses the power of his pokemon and a slash effect is seen in front of red, while he holds a pokeball up high .(taken from the way cut is used in the field)
Down Smash (Bait): Red places a bait on the ground, like in the safari zone. will heal teammates if eaten, and will stun opponents if stepped on. longer the charge, better the heal/stun
Up Smash: ...I actually can't think of anything... uh, lemme know if you come up with something good I guess.

Specials:
Down Special (Rock Throw): Red throws a rock. it travels about as fast as pit's arrow. also, Red might throw some other objects, such as an apple (which does more damage but can be eaten after) or a pester ball (like in pokemon snap, it will stun opponents)
Side Special (Bike): Red rides a bike. when he starts this move, a familiar "ding" can be heard. please don't sit in the corner and spam this. Works just like Wario's bike.
Neutral Special (Pokeball): Red throws a pokeball, temporarily capturing the opponent for a few moments. it doesn't do much damage upon impact, and the opponent can't be hurt inside the ball. best used to close the gap.
Up Special (Fly): Red summons a Pidgeotto and it flies him up a bit. does some damage. best related to a mixture between fox's firefox, and lucario's extremespeed.

Taunts:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
ALRIGHT! I'M DONE!

Red:
example, size
[/collapse]

Grapple (Old Rod):

Jab:

Tilts:

Smashes:

Specials:

Taunts:
I actually had that Old Rod idea and the Pokeball idea, I guess good minds think alike or however that saying goes.

Sorry for double posting, but I got my moveset typed out finally.

Stand alone Red

Special: Pokéball. Red throws a Pokéball, trapping the opponent for 2 seconds. You can attack whoever is inside.

Side Special: Bike. Red uses his bike, making a "ring ring" sound, and making Red much faster than normal. It has much more control than Wario's Bike and deals 9% when crashing into someone! it is mostly just for transportation.

Down Special: Dowsing Machine. Red uses the Dowsing Machine and pulls out a Potion, healing some damage. Sometimes it is a Suoer or Ultra Potion, healing more damage.

Up Special: Fly. A silhouette of a Bird picks up Red into the air. Red can control where it goes. He can get off when he wants for up to 3.5 seconds.

Final Smash: Pokémon Attack. Random Pokémon fall from the sky and tackle everyone except for Red. Like the Exitebiker Assist Trophy in Brawl. Except way more powerful.

Grabs: Super Rod. Red pulls out his Super Rod to grab. Can also be used as a tether.

Pokédex: Just like Snake's Codecs, Red pulls out his Pokédex and it describes the foe.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sorry for double posting, but I got my moveset typed out finally.

Stand alone Red

Pokedex codecs! nice, didn't think of that! going to add your moveset to the OP now. maybe you could do a couple codecs or something? I'm interested now.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I fully support. I would have rather had this than the actual Pokemon Trainer. (Simply because it feels more unique to me, and it makes the decision to keep or cut him on my rosters easier.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I fully support. I would have rather had this than the actual Pokemon Trainer. (Simply because it feels more unique to me, and it makes the decision to keep or cut him on my rosters easier.)
alright, added you.

anyone come up with a good up smash? I can't still.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Maybe he could just call out a random legendary to finish everyone off?

It is difficult, but I think we could work past it.
:facepalm: I'll just let you read my post a bit more carefully, I guess. I didn't mean final smash.

Dr. Flinn

Smash Cadet
Up-Smash: Red calls upon his Lapras(or whatever the he**) to lift him up a bit, trapping opponents and doing multi-hit damage. Cuz it's so like that.

I support. Red is my favorite boss in Pokemon(aside from XY Mewtwo).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Up-Smash: Red calls upon his Lapras(or whatever the he**) to lift him up a bit, trapping opponents and doing multi-hit damage. Cuz it's so like that.

I support. Red is my favorite boss in Pokemon(aside from XY Mewtwo).
:facepalm: and that's an up special. oh well.

and thanks for supporting. I'll add you to the list! :bee:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yes, it makes no sense. Thanks for proving my point.
either way, red fighting in smash would make a LOT more sense then kratos playing golf. and yet, Kratos playing golf has happened. it's a big difference, but red in smash should work if kratos did indeed play golf.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
This would actually be cool if they pulled it off right, like incorporating various Pokemon into his moveset (where his other moves can be items and such). They could even pay homage to the manga and use his design and pokemon from it (obviously not Pikachu though).

King Orfut

Smash Cadet
This would actually be cool if they pulled it off right, like incorporating various Pokemon into his moveset (where his other moves can be items and such). They could even pay homage to the manga and use his design and pokemon from it (obviously not Pikachu though).
I think I just threw up a lil ..

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
bcuz this Idea is soo greasy... its disgusting. Red is NOT suppose to physically fight, that's what his pokemon are for.. just bring him back the way he was in Brawl and call it a day..
Is the Wii Fit Trainer suppose to fight, is ROB the robot suppose to beat people up, does the villager go around murdering people? That's what smash bros. is all about, bringing in characters that could never even be imagined as being in a fighting game together. Red isn't that far off either, as he fights WITH his pokemon in the manga and such. He would also represent the Pokemon franchise better, as it's not about any specific pokemon, but the many different ones you catch and the journey filled with collecting and adventure.

Also, you should see a doctor if that disgusts you that much.....not Dr. Mario though because he's not a real one :awesome:.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Is the Wii Fit Trainer suppose to fight, is ROB the robot suppose to beat people up, does the villager go around murdering people? That's what smash bros. is all about, bringing in characters that could never even be imagined as being in a fighting game together. Red isn't that far off either, as he fights WITH his pokemon in the manga and such. He would also represent the Pokemon franchise better, as it's not about any specific pokemon, but the many different ones you catch and the journey filled with collecting and adventure.

Also, you should see a doctor if that disgusts you that much.....not Dr. Mario though because he's not a real one :awesome:.
Exactly. Smash is about NINTENDO'S ALL-STARS!!! Is he trying to tell me Red shouldn'y be in because in his games he doesn't beat up people?

King Orfut

Smash Cadet
I never wanted Villager or ROB or Wi Fit Girl anyway... but it does make more sense for WFT to fight than Red.

Either way, this idea ain't happenin so why go back and forth with it?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I thought this was lame until I realized that I could play as a Pokemon and beat him up. Sweet revenge.

Also, wtf is with all the suggestions for him calling Pokemon? If he's going to use Pokemon, what's the point of him fighting at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom