• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smell ya later, Red! Gary Oak/Blue Wants to Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
*Note-Mega Bidoof is the owner of this thread, replacing Brawler610

'Smell ya later!'
"Yeah! Am I great or what?"
-Blue

Blue/Gary Oak!

Meet Blue, or known in the Pokemon Anime as Gary. For all purposes in this thread, i will be referring to him as Gary, just because the anime incarnation is a more developed and personal character than the one in the games. I will also be basing his personality off of the anime.

He is the cocky and arrogant grandson of Professor Oak (who can't even remember his own grandson's name. He is your rival trainer from Pallet town in Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, FireRed, and LeafGreen. He somehow managed to alway stay ahead of you in the game, and whenever you though you were making good progress, he was already there, waiting for you to have a battle with him. He was always confident that he would beat you, and said his famous line, "Smell ya later!" whenever he ran off.
He managed to become the Champion of the Pokemon League somehow (probably due to his extreme awesomeness), but only for a couple minutes until Red (you) came around and took his title.

He later appeared in Pokemon Gold and Silver, and their remakes HeartGold and SoulSilver, as Viridian City's 8th Gym Leader, taking Giovanni's place (since Giovanni was evil, apparently).

Gary's latest appearance was in Pokemon Black 2 & and White 2, as an opponent in the Pokemon World Tournament.
He also had a cameo mentioning in the newest Pokemon games, Pokemon X and Y.

Along with Red, he is the only trainer to have appeared or been mentioned in every single Pokemon Generation to date:
Generation 1: Pokemon Red, Blue, and Green, as your rival.
Generation 2: Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, as the Eight Gym Leader in Kanto
Generation 3: Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, as your rival.
Generation 4: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, as the Eight Gym Leader in Kanto.
Generation 5: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, as an opponent in the PWT.
Generation 6: Pokemon X and Y, as a cameo mentioning by an insignificant NPC.
[collapse=X and Y Cameo Mention]

[/collapse]

But none of this compares to the last and final reason that makes Gary Oak a great newcomer for Smash Bros., which is the same reason that he is the No. 1 Best Pokemon Trainer EVER!

He obtained all the Gym Badges in Kanto!
Lets count them up, shall we?

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight!
Wait a minute........nine?!..........TEN!?!?!?!
This guy got TEN Gym Badges in Kanto!!!!

Gary Oak everyone!

Here is the original Intro part of the OP, by Brawler610, as he requested I leave it in spoiler tags when redoing the OP.

[collapse=Original Bio by Brawler610]
Blue, or as you may know him as *insert profane word here* or Gary Oak from the anime or Green in other areas, is a Pokemon Trainer from Pallet Town in Generation I and is the grandson of Professor Oak (who sadly cannot remember his name). There, he served as your Rival throughout the whole game, often boasting that he will defeat you (Red), how he was always ahead of you by one step, and how he will become the Pokemon Champion in Kanto. Oh, and how can one forget him saying, "Smell ya later!" Eventually, he did become the Champion… for about a few minutes. He later became the Gym Leader of Viridian City after when Giovanni left his position. He also appears as an opponent in the Pokemon World Tournament.
Roles:
Rival/Champion: Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen
Gym Leader: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver
PWT Champion Opponent: Pokemon Black 2/White 2
He has appeared at least once in every Generation in some form. While he didn't make an appearance in X and Y, he was referenced in those games.

[/collapse]

But how would he work in Smash Bros.?
Gary Oak would have the same Poke-swapping mechanic that Red (or "Pokemon Trainer" had in Brawl, where he switches between 3 Pokemon. But instead of having starter Pokemon, he would have his own Pokemon that he has been shown to have in both the games, and in the Anime series.

Since we don't know who those Pokemon would be, you can choose for yourselves and make movesets for those Pokemon.
However, he cannot have any of Red's Pokemon (Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard) or Charmander, Wartortle, or Venasaur (since he NEVER chooses the starter that your's have the type-advantage against). And while he technically CAN Bulbasuar or Charmeleon, that would be weird and not make any sense.
Though I am allowing Blastoise, since he has had one on many occasions, and it would counter Red's Charizard, since Gary always chooses the starter that is strong against Red's.
Here is a Bulbapedia page on Blue's appearances in the video games, which has a list of all Pokemon he has used in battle: Blue's Pokemon
Here is a page on Bulbapedia on Gary's Pokemon in the Anime: Gary's Pokemon

Here is the original "How would he work" section of the OP, by Brawler 610
[collapse=Original "How would he work"]
Blue's mechanic would be like Red's in Brawl, however he brings his own Pokemon rather than starter Pokemon.
Because he uses so many Pokemon, it's hard to really say what should be his definitive team of a maximum of three Pokemon. However, because he uses so many Pokemon, it's hard to say what would be his definitive team.
So, I am allowing you to create a moveset of 3 Pokemon that he has used throughout the series. However, Blue cannot use Charizard or Venusaur. (yes, I am now going to allow Blastoise)
[/collapse]

Arguments and their Counters:

"Why should Gary appear in Smash over other trainers?"
Not just as a character, but as a role, Gary plays a very important role in the Pokemon Series. Rivals. In each Pokemon game, you have at least one rival that you battle throughout the game. Not to mention he can also represent Champions and Gym Leaders, which are other roles that are in every Pokemon game.
One other important fact: Gary is a villain/anti-hero. Pokemon lacks a character in this category, and if all the other big Nintendo series have villains (Ridley and K. Rool are likely for Smash 4), Pokemon deserves one too. While one could also say that Mewtwo counts as a villain, he isn't. He never had an actually antagonistic role in the games (if you are just chilling out in your home, and a 10-year-old comes in and starts attacking you with animals, are you going to fight back or not?), and he becomes a good guy in the anime, after he realizes that other people and Pokemon matter.
He is truly one of the most humans in the Pokemon series, if not THE most important after Red.

[collapse=Original Counter-Argument by Brawler610]
Not only does Blue still have "relevancy", but he was also the very first Rival and Champion; both of these things have become staples within the Pokemon series. So, he does have significance in terms of history and he is a Nintendo All-Star in that regard.
[/collapse]

"Gary is unpopular."
*facepalm* Hit it Mario!
Seriously, Gary Oak IS NOT unpopular. He is very famous as a Pokemon character, and anyone who knows Red, knows of Gary too. Not to mention that he has the power of being an internet meme.

Tch. As if. While he is unpopular as a Rival, he isn't unpopular as a character. In fact, he's quite famous as a Pokemon Trainer with many fans to boot. He's also become quite the memetic character…
[/collapse]

"I want Red to stay."
Just because another Pokemon Trainer gets in, doesn't mean one will be cut. In fact, Red and Gary must be together for the full experience. Gary is a rival to Red, and having them fight together would be half the fun be itself.
Saying that Red has to be removed for Gary to get in is like saying Mario has to be removed for Wario to get in.

This isn't really an argument, but I should explain this. If Blue does somehow manage to get on the roster, he wouldn't cut the current Pokemon Trainer (aka Red). He would get his own separate slot with his own three Pokemon (which I've listed). Sakurai can give Blue a generic name like "Pokemon Rival"; if there will be a Pokemon Rival, it would be Blue for the reasons which I've listed above. I know that having another 3 in one character will be a pain, but I bet Sakurai and his team can manage to pull it off.
[/collapse]

"Gyarados has no limbs."
I personally don't have Gyarados on my choices of who Gary would have as his team, but I could see how someone would be able to see him as a good Pokemon for his team. Gyarados doesn't need limbs to fight. It can use more non-physical attacks, like Hydro Pump or Hyper Beam. There is alot to work with, and if Sakurai can give Wii Fit Trainer a moveset, he can give Gyarados one.

Yes. I am aware that Gyarados has absolutely no limbs, but I don't think that would stop it from becoming a fighter. There are so many moves that Gyarados can do and utilize to make a moveset out of. Gyarados isn't unworkable in my opinion; it would require a creative person to make a moveset out of, but there is a lot of material for Sakurai and the team to use.
[/collapse]

"Blastoise should be in and not Gyarados."
I personally think Blastoise should be in over Gyarados, but that is personal preference.
While Blastoise is the starter usually associated with Gary, he is also known for having a Gyarados.
Realistically, either one could work.

I disagree. Blue having a Blastoise isn't canon in the games… and Pokemon really doesn't have a definitive canon. While Blue has a Blastoise in other media, I am solely focusing on Blue in the games and Blue often uses a Gyarados. I respect your opinion that your rather see Blastoise, but I think that Gyarados makes more sense.
[/collapse]

"Blue should be an alternate costume!"
This wouldn't work very well. Gary and Red and known for having very different teams, both of which counter each other in different aspects. Just because they are Pokemon trainers, doesn't mean they are the same. Think of all of the Pokemon Trainers you have encountered while playing Pokemon. Most of them had completely different teams of Pokemon. None are exactly the same, and Gary and Red are very different specifically.

While an alternate costume would kinda make sense, Blue should have his own separate roster. Blue is mostly defined with his team of Pokemon and it wouldn't feel like I am playing as Blue if you made him an alternative costume for Red. With what I have mentioned before with his significance to the Pokemon series and how much of an impact he has had on it, Blue deserves to have a separate character slot from Red as he is an all-star in his own right. However, if you want him to be an alternative costume or rather have him as one, then I won't judge you. Again, it kinda makes sense.
[/collapse]

"Why did you choose the Pokemon you personally want on Gary's team?"
(Evee, Exeggutor, Blastoise)
I chose Eevee because it is one of the Pokemon that Gary is known for having on multiple occasions, whether it be Eevee, or one of different its different forms. Plus, it would be cool to have a small, dog like Pokemon in Smash. It would be pretty fast in combat.

Next, I chose Exeggutor because I wanted to have one of Gary's Pokemon that he usually has, but isn't necessarily known for having. Specifically, I chose Exeggutor because it seemed like the most unique, being a Green and Psychic hybrid. It would bring some unqie moves to the table.
(Arcanine, Exeggutor, Gyarados)
I originally did this as an alternative of Red's team in Brawl with the fire, water, and grass. However, I don't think that will entirely do it justice with those three types alone to represent Pokemon as a whole. So, I am allowing for only the Pokemon that I've listed since I like to have as much freedom as possible personally. However, the maximum is three Pokemon.

[/collapse]

Movesets:
SuperBrawler's Moveset (Arcanine, Gyarados, Exeggutor)
[collapse=SuperBrawler's Moveset]

Blue:

Down Special: Switch Pokemon. Switches your Pokemon to next Pokemon.

Final Smash: Need one.

Arcanine:

Special: Fire Spin. Arcanine cloaks himself in flames. He then uses it on the target. They are damaged 11% and are stuck in the fiery vortex for 1.5 seconds.

Side Special: Take Down. Arcanine charges forward and tackles anyone in his path. It deals big knockback and does 13%.

Up Special: Rock Climb. Rocks appear under Arcanine in a slant as he climbs them like Squirtle's Waterfall. It deals 15% damage and does much more knockback then Waterfall.

Gyarados:

Special: Hyper Beam. Gyarados uses Hyper Beam. It goes all the way across the screen like R.O.B.'s Robo Beam. It does 19% damage and pretty big knockback. But it lags for 1.5 seconds after.

Side Special: Aqua Tail. Gyarados swings his tail and deals big knockback. Does 13%.

Up Special: Bounce. Gyarados bounces up. After 0.5 seconds he comes back down and tackles whoever he hits. Does 11% damage and big knockback.

Exeggutor:

Special: Hypnosis. Exeggutor uses Hypnosis and the foe falls asleep for 2 seconds making them vulnerable.

Side Special: Egg Bomb. Exeggutor throws 3 eggs. They explode on contact. Each one deals 6% damage, with big knockback.

Up Special: Telekinesis. Exeggutor uses Telekinesis on himself. He floats up in the air and can still fight up in the air. He is a little vulnerable though and it lasts .5 seconds.

[/collapse]

Tepig2000's Moveset (Arcanine, Gyarados, Exeggutor)
[collapse=Tepig200's Moveset]
Gyarados

Neutral Special - Hyper Beam

Gyarados charges a beam in his mouth and shoots it. It is really powerful but Gyarados is stunned for a few seconds after using it.

Side Special - Trash

Gyarados charges forwards, swinging his body around like crazy. This traps enemies and gives knockback on the last hit.

Up Special - Whirpool

Gyarados covers himself with a whirlpool and jumps upwards. Does multiple hits of damage. You can change the direction of the move, but the default is going up.

Exeggutor

Neutral Special - Egg Bomb

Exeggutor shoots a lot of eggs forwards. They explode when hitting the ground or an enemy.

Side Special - Confusion

Exeguttor's eyes glow. If an enemy is in front of him, you get to control the enemy for a few seconds.

Up Special - Psychic

Exeggutor flies using psychic powers. You control him for 5 seconds.

Arcanine

Neutral Special - Fire Fang

Arcanine covers his mouth on fire and bites the enemy.

Side Special - Flame Charge

Arcanine covers himself in flames and runs forward.

Up Special - Flame Wheel

Arcanine curls up, covers himself in fire, and starts rolling forwards. In the air he shoots some distance in the direction you choose.

Final Smash - Triple Finish

[/collapse]

Kevandre's Moveset (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon)
[collapse=Kevandre's Moveset]
Blue
Specials:
Down Special > Pokemon Change
(edited in by Brawler610)

Vaporeon
Specials:
Standard Special > Vaporeon shoots an Aurora Beam from its mouth, which does not a lot of damage but freezes the opponent temporarily (Perhaps launching like Mr. Freezie?)
Side Special > Vaporeon whips around and slaps with its tail, releasing a short lived water burst. Works more like a shorter Marill Pokeball than FLUDD or Squirtle's regular special.
Up Special > Vaporeon moves straight up in a waterfall which falls below it, slowing any opponents directly below it if in air.

Jolteon
Specials:
Standard Special > Jolteon shoots a Charge Beam from its mouth, which does not a lot of damage but shocks the opponent and keeps them in place temporarily.
Side Special > Jolteon does a quick charge forward, blowing through anything in its way w/ electric power.
Up Special > Jolteon uses Volt Switch, moves up quickly whilst supercharged with electric power.

Flareon
(This one is hard because Flareon has no moves)
Specials:
Standard Special > Flareon shoots an ember straight forward, damaging opponents over time with fire damage
Side Special > Flareon uses Fire Fang, heavily damaging closeby opponents.
Up Special > Flareon uses Fire Spin, which propels it upward, shooting fire downward. Opponents hit with this fire damage get some fire damage over time.

Final Smash

Blue sends out Sylveon for a short time, who uses its magical fairy powers to kill everything (Especially dragons like Ridley)
[/collapse]

Feel free to make your own moveset, with whatever Pokemon on the team you want!

Signature Icons:

by @ Zhadgon Zhadgon

Music to Discuss To:
Champion Theme (Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow)
Gym Leader Theme (Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Champion Theme (Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen)
Gym Leader Theme (Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver)
World Champion Theme/Kanto Champion Theme (Pokemon Black/White) (Brawler610's Favorite!)
Kanto Champion Theme (Pokemon Black 2/White 2)

List of Supporters:
Brawler610
SuperBrawler
OcarinaOfDoom
Zhadgon
Swampsaur
KingofPhantoms47
YoshiandToad
lonekonwolf
Tepig2000
Sobreviviente
Kevandre
RhymesWithEmpty
iam8bit
Forcerounds
Mega Bidoof
Dark Phazon
Keybladeguy

(Like this post or say "I support" and I will add you to the List of Supporters.)

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Whew. That took a lot of work… maybe I did too much work? Meh.

Anyways, this is a "just-in-case" post.

(This post was originally by Brawler610, it just says Mega Bidoof due to a glitch in the Ownership transfer.)

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
He's Gary Oak. HE HAS 10 BADGES IN A REGION WITH 8 OF THEM. True badass, support.

D

Deleted member

He's Gary Oak. HE HAS 10 BADGES IN A REGION WITH 8 OF THEM. True badass, support.
That's the magic of Gary Oak for you. :p You forgot to mention that 7 of them don't exist.

OK! I'll add you to the support list!

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Done the moveset except for Final Smash.

Please note that this is my first moveset, and I didn't know much about Blue.

[COLLAPSE=My Moveset]
Blue:

Arcanine:

Special: Fire Spin. Arcanine cloaks himself in flames. He then uses it on the target. They are damaged 11% and are stuck in the fiery vortex for 1.5 seconds.

Side Special: Take Down. Arcanine charges forward and tackles anyone in his path. It deals big knockback and does 13%.

Up Special: Rock Climb. Rocks appear under Arcanine in a slant as he climbs them like Squirtle's Waterfall. It deals 15% damage and does much more knockback then Waterfall.

Gyarados:

Special: Hyper Beam. Gyarados uses Hyper Beam. It goes all the way across the screen like R.O.B.'s Robo Beam. It does 19% damage and pretty big knockback. But it lags for 1.5 seconds after.

Side Special: Aqua Tail. Gyarados swings his tail and deals big knockback. Does 13%.

Up Special: Bounce. Gyarados bounces up. After 0.5 seconds he comes back down and tackles whoever he hits. Does 11% damage and big knockback.

Exeggutor:

Special: Hypnosis. Exeggutor uses Hypnosis and the foe falls asleep for 2 seconds making them vulnerable.

Side Special: Egg Bomb. Exeggutor throws 3 eggs. They explode on contact. Each one deals 6% damage, with big knockback.

Up Special: Telekinesis. Exeggutor uses Telekinesis on himself. He floats up in the air and can still fight up in the air. He is a little vulnerable though and it lasts .5 seconds.
[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

Done the moveset except for Final Smash.

Please note that this is my first moveset, and I didn't know much about Blue.

[COLLAPSE=My Moveset]
Blue:

Arcanine:

Gyarados:

Exeggutor:

[/COLLAPSE]
This is a rather nice moveset! I'll put this in the original post! As for a Final Smash, I am unsure about it as well.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I've checked; he has never used a Scizor in the games. He has in the Pokemon Adventures manga however. By the way, are you supporting this?
Added! And thank you!
Yeah sure add me to the support list, oh now I remember reading the manga and see Blue with his Scizor.
.n_n.

D

Deleted member

Yeah sure add me to the support list, oh now I remember reading the manga and see Blue with his Scizor.
.n_n.
Alright! I added you to the list!

EDIT: Hmm! 4 supporters in one day! (3 if you exclude me) Not bad… not bad at all. I'm impressed actually. Thank you guys!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A while ago I actually had an idea for a "Pokemon Rival" like Pokemon Trainer, that would act like this.

Sign me up as a supporter.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You do know his name is Green, right? ¦D

I know, localization and all that, but he's still Green.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Does it really matter?
Yes. Yes it does. It's "Green Oak" for a reason, you know. Even in Origins it's Green. XD

Just saying, this ain't the early times of when Red first came out. Most people know what to actually call him.

No need to get all defensive. I'm just stating a fact. :3

D

Deleted member

I just added the names who are now supporting this!

You do know his name is Green, right? ¦D

I know, localization and all that, but he's still Green.
He's Green in other places, I know him as Blue in the US, and many people regardless of location will call him Gary. Anyways, are you going to support this or not?

A while ago I actually had an idea for a "Pokemon Rival" like Pokemon Trainer, that would act like this.
Two great minds think a lot, eh? I'm just surprised that no one has made a support thread for Blue or any other Pokemon Rival. Nevertheless, if there is a Rival that would be on the roster, it would definitely be Blue.

I like the idea of any new Pokemon Trainer although I'd prefer the one from Brawl staying. Nevertheless Blue has my support.
I don't see the issue of them both being on the roster at the same time. It would create a lot of work, but it could happen. Besides, I doubt that they will cut the current Pokemon Trainer (Red).

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
If your making a support list might as well sign me up
Pokémon red & blue (and yellow although I don't know if that counts) are defiantly some of my favorite Pokémon games, and I'll love to support the oak that we all hate

Dr. Flinn

Smash Cadet
Blue, eh?

Blastoise.

Fudge Gyrados.

Neutral Special- Hydro Pump
Blastoise charges a Hydro Pump in his Arm Cannons. When launched, it'll do 1% for every .1 seconds with 5 seconds max, making it a good racking move.

Side Special- Skull Bash
Blastoise spins like Meta Knight's S-Special, and hits a foe with a loud BANG. It'll do 15%.

U-Special- Surf.
A mighty wave appears below Blastoise, pushing him up and doing 10% to anyone in the way. Goes 10 Ray MK IIs

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't know about Gyarados. I think it would be good if all his pokemon had.. limbs of some sort.

I always think of Blue from Yellow, where he started with Eevee. I'd rather see him have Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon. How awesome would that be? Perhaps his final smash is he sends out Sylveon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon or Umbreon (At random, for a set amount of time, and they're OP as hell [Though of course the most OP Eeveelution in the games was Vaporeon so Idk how to really make it work])

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I disagree with the pokemon

Blue's starter was Blastoise, so he should have Blastoise

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

That's not canon in the games at all. You're assuming that everyone ever has chosen Charmander as their starter which is certainly not the case.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are a lot of cases where the players choice doesn't matter because there is a canonical choice

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I support. Moveset:

Gyarados

Neutral Special - Hyper Beam

Gyarados charges a beam in his mouth and shoots it. It is really powerful but Gyarados is stunned for a few seconds after using it.

Side Special - Trash

Gyarados charges forwards, swinging his body around like crazy. This traps enemies and gives knockback on the last hit.

Up Special - Whirpool

Gyarados covers himself with a whirlpool and jumps upwards. Does multiple hits of damage. You can change the direction of the move, but the default is going up.

Exeggutor

Neutral Special - Egg Bomb

Exeggutor shoots a lot of eggs forwards. They explode when hitting the ground or an enemy.

Side Special - Confusion

Exeguttor's eyes glow. If an enemy is in front of him, you get to control the enemy for a few seconds.

Up Special - Psychic

Exeggutor flies using psychic powers. You control him for 5 seconds.

Arcanine

Neutral Special - Fire Fang

Arcanine covers his mouth on fire and bites the enemy.

Side Special - Flame Charge

Arcanine covers himself in flames and runs forward.

Up Special - Flame Wheel

Arcanine curls up, covers himself in fire, and starts rolling forwards. In the air he shoots some distance in the direction you choose.

Final Smash - Triple Finish

Exeggutor goes to the left of the screen (if there's no platform here he's using Confusion) and shoots Solar Beam forwards. Then, Arcanine covers the stage in fire, and Gyarados appears at the top of the screen, shooting a water bomb to the ground.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
There are a lot of cases where the players choice doesn't matter because there is a canonical choice
I tend to agree on that point but Pokemon is not one of them. I would only count "canon" based on seeing Red & Blue as NPC's. Red doesn't have an obvious starter in Gold/Silver because he's got all three- Blue doesn't have a Blastoise as a gym leader. Nor does he have one when he reappeared in B2W2. There's no canon where it's affirmed that Blue chose Squirtle.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Red (manga) - Bulbasaur === Blue - Charmander
Red (origins) - Charmander === Blue - Squirtle
Red (games) - Red has all three in silver/gold/crystal, so blue probably does too.
Gary (anime) - Squirtle

Ehhhh. I'd rather see him as an alt.

D

Deleted member

Why no Blastoise?
I'm mostly going by the canon of the games where he is a Gym Leader. Canonically, Blue uses a Gyarados and not a Blastoise on his teams. Also, Pokemon Red & Blue's canon is not very definitive. I'm going by the games and not any other media.

I don't know about Gyarados. I think it would be good if all his pokemon had.. limbs of some sort.
I bet one can make a very plausible moveset for Gyarados. It would be difficult yes, but it can happen. I mean, despite not having any limbs, making a moveset for Gyarados isn't nearly as impossible or extremely hard as lets say Sandbag.

Do you guys think Blue will maybe be an Alt. costume instead?
Meh. It would be cool I guess...

I'm adding lonekonwolf and Tepig2000 to the support list as well as adding Tepig2000's moveset.
More arguments have been added!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why Grass, Fire and Water again though? I´d prefer Alakazam, Rhydon and... Maybe Umbreon?

D

Deleted member

Why Grass, Fire and Water again though? I´d prefer Alakazam, Rhydon and... Maybe Umbreon?
You know what? I'll edit the original post and allow people to choose whatever combination they want and create a moveset, but only with the Pokemon that I've provided. I'm allowing this since I like for people to have as much flexibility and freedom as possible.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
His Arcanine is his signature for me. I also love him with an Eevee evolution (usually Umbreon). Truthfully, I would not want to pass up a chance to play as Tyranitar though.

If he were to be in the game, it would probably be Eevee as his pokemon. What if he had Eevee on all three of his gen 1 evolutions (Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon)? Or you could go with the element triangle and have it be Leafeon, Flareon, and Vaporean.

D

Deleted member

His Arcanine is his signature for me. I also love him with an Eevee evolution (usually Umbreon). Truthfully, I would not want to pass up a chance to play as Tyranitar though.

If he were to be in the game, it would probably be Eevee as his pokemon. What if he had Eevee on all three of his gen 1 evolutions (Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon)? Or you could go with the element triangle and have it be Leafeon, Flareon, and Vaporean.
I don't think that it would be Eevee or Eeveelutions since it could poorly represent Blue as a character. We also already have grass, fire, electric, and water type Pokemon on the roster. I think that there should at least be some diversity.

I actually rather have Eevee be a separate character and use moves based on its evolutions… one can create a really creative moveset with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom