• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The cute little dragon: Axew for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Everyone has a Pokémon character they want in the game. Some want Meowth, others want Zoroark, Plusle/Minun, and usually most people want Mewtwo to return. I am okay with any of this, but there is one Pokémon that I was surprised not to see a character thread of. That is Axew, Iris' main Pokémon in the anime and one of the most recognizable 5th Gen Pokémon.

Background

If some of you haven't been watching the anime, here is who Axew is. Axew is a Dragon-type Tusk Pokémon, and it has big tusks to go with it. In fact, to me it looks like a cuter Larvitar with tusks, if you know who THAT is. It's Pokédex entries state that it uses its tusks for a variety of things, such as crushing berries and making gashes in trees to mark their territory. Its tusks can break but they grow back quickly, harder and stronger. Most importantly, it is Iris' (a main character in the Pokémon anime) main Pokémon, who, like Pikachu and Piplup before it, doesn't go into its Poké Ball, making it even MORE iconic.

Moveset

It took a while, but I think I made a good moveset for Axew. It might not be very good, I'm new to this stuff, so sorry if it's OP/UP or a clone or something. And after what happened when I joined, I'm a little worried about posting ideas here. But anyway, *gulps* Here goes...

Neutral attack: Axew uses Scratch for a short-range attack. Does 2% damage.
Dash attack: Axew surrounds its tusks with a strange blue energy and rams into the opponent. Does 11% damage.

F-Tilt: Axew gets on 2 legs and thrusts his leg forward, causing an after-image of blue energy. Does 12% damage.
U-Tilt: Axew jumps up, surrounding its horn (look up Axew on Google Images if you don't know what I'm talking about) with blue energy, which damages opponents who touch it. Does 10% damage.
D-Tilt: Axew slides a short distance. Does 5% damage, can cause prat falling.

F-Smash (Dual Chop): Axew uses its horn to hit the ground twice, causing a small blast of energy each time. Each blast does 10% damage, adding up to 20% if both hit.
U-Smash (DragonBreath): Axew points its head upwards, and shoots a beam of blue energy straight upwards. Does 18% damage.
D-Smash (Fury Swipes): Axew stands on 2 legs, faces the the camera, and does 1 slash on each side of its body. Does 14% in front, 12% in back.

Nair: Axew curls up into a ball, and bounces at the opponent. Does 14% damage.
Fair: Axew does something similar to its dash attack, but in the air and at a shorter distance. Does 16% damage.
Bair: Axew does a kick with its hind legs that sends blue sparks flying. Does 15% damage.
Uair: Axew surrounds itself in blue fire, and rockets upwards. Does 14% damage to anything it hits.
Dair: Axew pretty much does the same thing as its Uair, but in the opposite direction. Does 14% damage to anything it hits.

Pummel: Axew hits the opponent with its horn. Does 3% damage.
Forward throw: Axew lets go of the grab (It grabs characters with its mouth, BTW.), and then hits the opponent with its horn. Does 8% damage.
Back throw: Axew chucks the opponent behind it, and uses Dragon Tail to knock it backwards. Does 18% damage.
Up throw: Axew lets go, and uses DragonBreath upwards to hit the foe upwards. Does 9% damage.
Down throw: Axew uses DragonBreath on the opponent while still grabbing onto it, which sends the opponent flying. Does 7% damage.

B (Dragon Rage): Axew shoots a beam of blue energy at the opponent. Does 8% damage.
Side B (Swords Dance): Axew summons a sword of blue energy and fires it at the opponent. Chargeable for more damage. Does 9% uncharged, and 18% fully charged.
Up B (Twister): Axew fires itself upward b creating a tornado of blue energy. It damages airborne opponents on the way up, and the twister stays for 5 seconds and deals 4% damage per second when you touch it. Axew itself deals 16% damage.
Down B (Draco Meteor): It is a meteor smash (no pun intended), where Axew summons a meteor in front of it to hit enemies. It deals 14% damage, and knocks opponents downward.

Final Smash (Outrage): Axew surrounds itself in blue energy and gets stronger (like Giga Bowser and Wario-Man). I don't want to elaborate on the upgraded move set, so sorry folks.

Counter Arguments

1. Axew is not popular enough to be in an SSB game.

Well, he isn't as popular as, say, Meowth, but he's earned his fair share. Being Iris' walking companion in the anime has given him A LOT of popularity. Axew was even featured in PMD: Gates to Infinity as 1 of the 5 playable characters, with the likes of Pikachu and the Unova starters! Yes, really.

2. Yeah, but come Gen 6, Ash will have a new female companion with a different main Pokémon.

You're right, but Gen 6 will be new, so Axew will still keep its popularity. Besides, chances are it's just Serena with Chespin or something, which could fit as a Pokémon Trainer-styled character.

3. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but Iris is annoying and her Pokémon doesn't deserve a spot.

Your opinion. Well, sure, many people think so but still, that doesn't deny Axew's popularity. If you REALLY think this when Axew comes into SSB (I'm not saying he will), then DON'T USE HIM!

Also, please, if you don't like my idea, DON'T FLAME ME! I don't want this to turn into a flame war, so if you don't like it, then tell me how to improve or just say it in a non-offensive way.

Supporters: Fortanono, Tepig2000, SuperBrawler

So, that's my idea, hope you like it!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Axew may have a chance as a Poke Ball Pokemon, but I'm not really expecting it to make the cut as a playable in the long run; Piplup ended up in a Poke Ball itself.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Axew may have a chance as a Poke Ball Pokemon, but I'm not really expecting it to make the cut as a playable in the long run; Piplup ended up in a Poke Ball itself.
Yeah, I know, but still, it would be a cool character to see and it may be possible. I'm not sure.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Axew is far better off as a Pokeball Pokemon as Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said rather than a playable character.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
For a second I tought that Oasis was drunk and renamed the Ridley thread >u<

I only expect Axew as a pokeball pokemon if anything at all =/

Fortanono

Smash Ace
For a second I tought that Oasis was drunk and renamed the Ridley thread >u<

I only expect Axew as a pokeball pokemon if anything at all =/
I do too, but he WOULD be a cool playable character to see! But honestly, I don't care what Pokémon characters we get, as Pokémon is my favorite franchise.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I support! To make something a spoiler, write
, then write what you want and then write
Um... This thread was from a long time ago. I've learned how to do it since then. And thank you for your support!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Um... This thread was from a long time ago. I've learned how to do it since then. And thank you for your support!
No problem! I love Pokémon so I would be happy with any Pokémon newcomer, and Axew is better than, say, Dragonair. And believe me, there is a Dragonair support thread.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
No problem! I love Pokémon so I would be happy with any Pokémon newcomer, and Axew is better than, say, Dragonair. And believe me, there is a Dragonair support thread.
I know. I support anything Pokémon too, except stuff that's just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom