• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Male Cheer Squad, Elite Beat Agents Are Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Agents are GO!!
Introduction:
The Elite Beat Agents series has had a few DS titles, not all of which are in the U.S. It would be interesting to see three people fighting at once, and would bring a new unique play-style to the Smash Bros series. I'm not sure how many people have ever heard of these games, but it's worth a shot, right? Their titles include the following:​
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
  • Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
I consider the last two part of the series, well because they technically are. It's the same styled game in different countries.​
Moveset:
Now this is going to be quite hard, and you have to give me some time to create an interesting and unique moveset featuring three people. If anyone else has ideas, post away! I'll be sure to include them here.​
[collapse=Moveset by Rasumii]​
Elite Beat Agents
-----------------------------------------------------------------------​
Names of Leaders: Agent J (Black Suit), Ryuuta Ipongi (Black and Red Uniform), and Saionji (Blue Uniform).​
Special Attributes: They attack as a team, but can switch leaders, allowing for different playstyles.​
Agent J: Lightweight (So Fast but weakl)​
Saionji: Mediumweight (So not Fast, not slow and not too powerful but not too weak)​
Ryuuta: Heavyweight (So Slow but powerful)​
They attack using synconized dance moves, turning "break dancing" into "break your neck dancing," so to speak. Furthermore, they can switch leaders on the fly, allowing for the use of all weight classes in any situation.
Neutral B: "Dance to the Music" - The Agents do their classic "arm waving" opening move, causing anyone nearby to be compelled to do the same. This gives them the perfect opportunity to attack while their opponents are dancing.
Side B: "Burning Love" - The agents launch themselves foward with a powerful pelvic thrust, covering themselves in flames as they do so. This attack can be charged up to do more damage and can serve as a decent horizontal recovery move.
Up B: "I Believe I Can Fly" - Using special government-issued jetpacks, the agents fly upwards, hitting anyone above them with their fists and burning anyone below with the jets.
Down B:"Stand By Me" - The agents simply swap leaders with this move, from J to Ryuuta to Saionji and back again.
Final Smash:"Jumpin' Jack Flash" - Leaping to the middle of the screen, the agents do an encore performance the routine they used to save the world. As they do so, they shoot rings of music out that can do massive damage, not unlike Tabuu's Off Waves. However, these are much easier to avoid: Just dodge to the beat of the music!
Taunt 1: All three Leaders strike a pose.​
Taunt 2: Ryuuta and Saionji look at eachother in anger​
Taunt 3: Agent J shows off his Agent Badge.[/collapse]​
Gallery:
[collapse=Super Smash Bros]
[/collapse]​
[collapse=Elite Beat Agents]
[/collapse]​
[collapse=Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan]
[/collapse]​
[collapse=Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2]
[/collapse]​
Music:
Technically you can use any of the songs in the game. Too many to post, but I'll post the Wiki page with all of the songs from Ouendan 1.​
Supporters:
Rasumii​

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I love Elite Beat Agents. One of the best games on DS. It being a US only release hurts their chances, but if maybe it could be an Ouendan character in Japan and Elite Beat Agents everywhere else, that could work.

Regardless, clearly Agent J should represent the series, as he has the best name.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I love Elite Beat Agents. One of the best games on DS. It being a US only release hurts their chances, but if maybe it could be an Ouendan character in Japan and Elite Beat Agents everywhere else, that could work.

Regardless, clearly Agent J should represent the series, as he has the best name.
I do like the main character from Ouendan though. I'd consider using those three as the characters instead of the Elite Beat Agent ones, even though I also love Agent J.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I suppose not too many people know about them.

How would you feel if it was the Three main leaders from the games? If you count the other group in Ouendan 2 I mean.
[collapse=Three Main Leaders]
[/collapse]

Da Plant

Smash Rookie
I used to love this game. It would be interesting to see them incorporated into the game itself. I would like to see what you come up with for their moveset.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I suppose not too many people know about them.

How would you feel if it was the Three main leaders from the games? If you count the other group in Ouendan 2 I mean.
[collapse=Three Main Leaders]
[/collapse]
I would be cool with that. Any character to represent this series would be great. My personal hope would be Agent J as a playable character or as an assist trophy. It's about time we got a Western release only character. The West has become a bigger market than Japan. Maybe that will cause Sakurai to rethink his stance on those types of characters.

Maybe alt costumes, a Ouendan and EBA character in the same spot

I think they would be a interesting team up character, but I feel AT status is a lot more likely and better. They come out and dance to various songs from their/Nintendo games and if you get caught in their vicinity you get stuck dancing with them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not sure how they would work as playable or if they'll change the character model depending on region or if they'll do a Wario (in which case, who would be the default?) but I want them in the game as more than trophies.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Although I wouldn't want them as Assist Trophies, I'd be happy if they made it in that way. As Guybrush said, I want them more than Trophies at least.

EDIT: Well I had it set that each Team Leader from the series can be switched and played with. So It represents all regions.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Changed the moveset around a bit, but not too drastically.

EDIT: This wouldn't be a bad game to make for the Wii U, with the Game Pad and all. It would actually be pretty fun.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Looks like you have a triple post there, I love Elite Beat Agents, but I unfortunately they have to much competition to beat, mainly a Rhythm Heaven character.
Yeah haha, sorry 'bout that. I wanted to get it bumped but I didn't really want to ask anyone to bump it and I didn't think anyone would.

The competition is definitely tough, and there chinces are o-so slim, but hey, they would be an interesting character.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I love Elite Beat Agents, but I unfortunately they have to much competition to beat, mainly a Rhythm Heaven character.
I don't know. Rhythm Heaven doesn't have a specific character to represent it like EBA does.
The way I see it. It's Rhythm Heaven Rep VS Elite Beat Agents VS Barbara the Bat for a musical based character. They all have the same number of games and success, it's a close one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom