• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sebastian Tute, from Wii Music, for Smash~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord

UH, WHO?
Sebastian Tute is Wii Music's host character. Sebastian provides many of the tutorials throughout the game. So far, Sebastian has only appeared in Wii Music.
WHY IN SUPER SMASH BROS?
Well, we have a Wii Fit representative, so why not Wii Music? People would have laughed at the notion of Wii Fit Trainer until she got in - and now she is a welcomed addition! I think the same could be said about Sebastian.​
WELL OKAY... WHAT WOULD HE DO?
He could have a mostly music based moveset - something that we haven't seen in Super Smash Bros before. He could bring a lot of uniqueness, and would be representing a Nintendo franchise that hasn't seen any representation in Super Smash Bros so far. Fan-made movesets can be found below.​
MOVESETS
If you make a moveset I will put it here.​
[collapse=My Moveset!]​
Jab: Baton Swish ~ Sebastian takes out his conductor's baton and swishes it back and forth rapidly. Does a measly 1%, but can be mashed very quickly.
Forward Tilt: Baton Stab ~ Sebastian quickly stabs forward with his baton, dealing a fair 4%.
Up Tilt: Baton Flick ~ Sebastian flicks his baton upwards, dealing 3%.
Down Tilt: Baton Snap ~ Sebastian quickly snaps his baton at the ground, dealing 5%.
Dash Attack: Marching Band ~ Sebastian takes out a trumpet and begins playing, while slowly marching along. Does 7%.

Up Smash: Handbell ~ Sebastian takes out a colored handbell and raises it above his head, ringing it once. Does 9%.
Side Smash: Microphone ~ Sebastian whips out a microphone and sings a few notes into it. Sound waves come out of it, travelling forward for a short distance. Does 12%. but with no knockback.
Down Smash: Guitar Strum ~ Sebastian pulls out an electric guitar and crouches down, loudly strumming it once. Does 10%.

Neutral Aerial: Triangle ~ Pausing in the air slightly, Sebastian pulls out a triangle, raises it high, and a dings it once; before falling to the ground again. Does 7%.
Up Aerial: Hi-hat ~ Sebastian reaches up with a drum stick to hit a Hi-hat. Does 10%.
Back Aerial: Star Flip ~ Sebastian flips backwards and strikes a pose. Does 9% while flipping, and the pose does 12%.
Forward Aerial: Guitar Slam ~ Sebastian pulls out an acoustic guitar and slams it in front of him, spiking enemies. Does 15%.
Down Aerial: Tapdance ~ Sebastian does a tap-dancing move as he falls downwards. If he lands on an opponents head, they will be immobile for a few seconds as he dances on top of their noggin. Each tap does 1%, but if it is landed perfectly it can rack up to 14%.

Grab: Cymbal Grab ~ Sebastian takes out a pair of cymbals and slams them on either side of the opponent's head, in a comical manner. This does 5%.
Pummel: Cymbal Crash ~ Sebastian can slam their head with his cymbals by repeatedly pressing the button. Each crash does 3%.
Forward Throw: Cymbal Toss ~ Sebastian tosses his grabbed opponent forward. Just a standard forward throw. Does 9%.
Backward Throw: Backward Toss ~ Sebastian 'leap frogs' over the opponent, cymbals still clasped around their head, and toss them behind him. Does 9%.
Up Throw: Musical Fling ~ Sebastian launches opponent into the air - dealing 12% when they come crashing down.
Down Throw: Cymbal Smash ~ Sebastian knocks the grabbed opponent onto the ground and slams down with his cymbals, dealing 10%.

Neutral Special: Music Note ~ Sebastian tosses out a music note (the one seen in the bottom right corner of this image). It bounces four times along to a steady beat (it sort of behaves like Mario's fireballs). The first three clicks deal 4%. The fourth and final click deals 10%. This move has an interesting mechanic that I will cover at the end.
Side Special: Trombone ~ Sebastian pulls out a trombone and plays it. This move can be charged - the longer you charge it, the more the Trombone's slider extends. This move can do up to 14% when fully charged.
Up Special: I don't know yet!
Down Special: Drum Kit ~ This move is like a weaker version of Donkey Kong's final smash. Sebastian takes out a drum kit and begins to play - playing to a steady beat exponentially increases the power, dealing up to a good 16% and having immense knockback.
Final Smash: Band Practice ~ Sebastian's five backup tutes (these guys) come onto the screen, spread out to different parts of the screen, and begin playing an instrument. One has a piano, another a bass, another a saxophone, another a guitar, another a drum kit, and finally, Sebastian has his signature violin. If an opponent is close to a band member, they will steadily be damaged, getting more and more damaged the closer they are.

Now for his 'Rhythm' mechanic. First, Sebastian must do his neutral special, 'Music Note'. Then, on the fourth and final click, if Sebastian attacks exactly on beat, the damage for that attack will be doubled. Basically, if you stay on the beat, Sebastian becomes a real powerhouse. Playing as Sebastian involves controlling how often you use your Music Notes and staying on the beat. Skilled Sebastian players will know the natural rhythm of his play-style.​
Taunts:
  1. Tunes his violin
  2. Plays a short melody on the piano
  3. Claps along to the music
[/collapse]​
ARGUMENTS
If anybody has an argument against Sebastian's inclusion it will go here, with my rebuttal.​
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
Any signature icons/banners, roster maker icons, or fan-art will go here.​
~Supporters~
OTHER
This is my first character discussion topic. Most of the 'good' characters have been taken - I had a search around, and couldn't find any Sebastian Tute topics, so I took this as an opportunity to make one! I'm still unsure if I'm actually serious about this... it started out as a joke, but then I really started to get attached to the idea... if Wii Fit can have a rep, why not Wii Music?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Toon Link already uses a baton, we don't need him.:troll:

Jokes aside, I don't think Wii Music really needs a rep. Unlike Wii Fit, it wasn't really successful.

I don't know how would people react if he were revealed. :laugh:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Toon Link already uses a baton, we don't need him.:troll:

Jokes aside, I don't think Wii Music really needs a rep. Unlike Wii Fit, it wasn't really successful.

I don't know how would people react if he were revealed. :laugh:
That is a fair argument, Wii Music wasn't successful at all...
If Sebastian was revealed, I honestly think it would be like Wii Fit Trainer's reveal - most would be initially angry/confused/annoyed, but eventually they would get used to the idea and come to accept it. Certainly, Sebastian would be harder to accept than Wii Fit Trainer was, but he would eventually be accepted nonetheless.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
After WFT got in I immediately thought of this f#$%.
As idiotic as it would be, his inclusion seems pretty likely because apparently Sakurai will put in just about any character from a game Shigeru Miyamoto has worked on.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd expect him as an assist trophy at most. He's too similar to a conventional Mii.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
We've really run out of characters to talk about.

:laugh: I feel the same way!
I wish I joined this community a bit earlier so I could've made a topic for Paper Mario... y'know, somebody who I care about!

But I'm still happy to make this topic. While I don't want Sebastian in the game, per se, making his moveset was fun and I think he's a worthwhile character to think about - because he does have a chance... maybe...

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Well, at least he is not a random Mii. :troll:
I really don't want Miis... the most Mii-like character I actually want would be Nikki (check out the wonderful topic here, and say hi for me!)

But honestly, I would still take Sebastian over a generic Mii. That's how much I don't want them.

D

Deleted member

Well... as long as he prevents Miis from getting in the game.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Don't underestimate the power of Miyamoto. I have a theory that the retro character comes from a Miyamoto series and the WTF character comes from Gunpei Yokoi. They could easily switch roles and the WTF character can come from Miyamoto and the retro can come from Yokoi.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

I can only see lord passion from mother 3 now, and thinking how sebastian tute died/ wasmurdered.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A character with an actual shot (although not a huge one), but still, the chances are like so minute if it was rounded, it would go to zero.

Certainly, it is a lot more likely than characters like Anthony Higgs (who is currently on "Rate Your Chances"), but not super likely or cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom