• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy 1 Heroes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If Square-Enix gets a rep in Smash Bros. for WiiU and 3DS I think this would be a good character choice!

The Heroes!

Who are they?
They are some of the playable classes in the original Final Fantasy for the NES and Famicom
The Monk, the fighter, and The Black Mage.

Whey them?
Square-Enix deserves a rep in Smash Bros. The way Sakurai went with Mega Man, making him have his retro appearance, I feel he could go the same way with a SQ rep.

How would they work?
They would be a Pokémon Trainer like caharacter, switching between each other starting with Fighter, then Black Mage, then Monk.
Fighter would use Swords and axes,
Black mage would use Dark Magic,
Monk would use physical attacks.

Moveset:
Coming soon!

Roster Maker Icon:

Signature Icon:

List of supporters:
Mega Bidoof
Mega Dunsparce
SuperBrawler
Metal_Sonic
APC99

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I support Black Mage. I can't really bring myself to support a rotating character like the one proposed here, though... Especially because Fighter and Thief aren't don't really bring much to the table... Fighter's the most generic possible sword fighter out there and Thief/Black Belt/Monk is just someone who punches.

Could they have interesting movesets? Of course. But, fabricating a moveset for a character that lacks both an actual name and an actual personality seems pretty wasteful.

That is, of course, if we're being realistic. If we're just being idealistic, then I'd want to see tons of Final Fantasy characters, starting with those from FF6.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I support Black Mage. I can't really bring myself to support a rotating character like the one proposed here, though... Especially because Fighter and Thief aren't don't really bring much to the table... Fighter's the most generic possible sword fighter out there and Thief/Black Belt/Monk is just someone who punches.

Could they have interesting movesets? Of course. But, fabricating a moveset for a character that lacks both an actual name and an actual personality seems pretty wasteful.

That is, of course, if we're being realistic. If we're just being idealistic, then I'd want to see tons of Final Fantasy characters, starting with those from FF6.
I was going to choose black mage, but then I realized, besides popularity, he has nothing saying he is above the other classes.

The fact that they have no name is not an issue, look at Pokemon Trainer (they could name him Red, I know that) The Villager, and most of all Wii Fit Trainer.

Also, I am being idealistic, with a little bit of realism, I doubt Sakurai is thinking about this character at all, but I think if he saw this (and understood English) he would consider this character)

And just stick around this thread for a little while. I might post a prototype moveset today and trust me, fighter and monk will not be generic.

Hong

The Strongest
Warrior of Light is also the first character that comes to mind. I think he would be remixed to have abilitoes of all the original warriors of light. Sorcery, martial arts, and maybe even a throw command, all around the core of a Fighter.

Theoretically, Onion Knight could also work.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I was going to choose black mage, but then I realized, besides popularity, he has nothing saying he is above the other classes.

The fact that they have no name is not an issue, look at Pokemon Trainer (they could name him Red, I know that) The Villager, and most of all Wii Fit Trainer.

Also, I am being idealistic, with a little bit of realism, I doubt Sakurai is thinking about this character at all, but I think if he saw this (and understood English) he would consider this character)

And just stick around this thread for a little while. I might post a prototype moveset today and trust me, fighter and monk will not be generic.

Oh yeah, namelessness and lack of personality hasn't really stopped characters in the past, mostly I just think it should. :p

I'm sure you'll come up with something that's pretty nifty. I'll throw in a few ideas for The Fighter/Warrior.

THE FIGHTER
Down B, RE-EQUIP
The main thing that made Fighter special in FF1 was his ability to use almost every piece of equipment in the game. This special would have him cycle to the next weapon in his repertoire, drastically changing the qualities of his standard attacks while switching some of his specials slightly. His standard attack animations are the same for all of the weapons, just with him holding different weapons.
SWORD & SHIELD (starting weapon)
-Medium stats all around.
-Specials focus on defense.
AXE
-Slow but strong attacks, high knockback, more damaging at the blade.
-Specials focus on offensive.
CLAWS
-Really fast, low damage, low range, low knockback.
-Specials focus on mobility.
Up B, HIGHER GROUND
The Fighter leaps into the air at an angle while invulnerable and then performs a different attack based on the equipped weapon.
SWORD & SHIELD: GUARDED RECOVERY
-Covers himself with the shield, making him invulnerable for a moment to help his recovery.
AXE: VENGEFUL RECOVERY
-Spins the heavy blade into a crescent attack, spiking hit enemies downward.
CLAWS: HEROIC RECOVERY
-Leaps again to the side. Hurts enemies it passes through, and he can wall grab if he hits a surface.

Side B, EDGE CHASE
Fighter performs a different Side B depending on the weapon equipped. All of these moves are designed to close the distance between foes.
SWORD & SHIELD: TWIN PURSUIT
-The Fighter throws his shield forward, stunning enemies it hits and then he dashes to the shield to catch it and swings his sword.
AXE: EXECUTIONER'S CHARGE
-As you hold the B button, Fighter starts running forward with the blade raised. When the button is released, he swings the axe downward.
-The longer the button is held, the faster Fighter runs.
-The longer the button is held, the harder he swings down the axe in the end.
-As he's running, he ignores knockback/interruptions from smaller attacks.
CLAWS: TIGER'S LEAP
-The Fighter jumps forward and tries to grab the first enemy he comes across and pins them to the ground.
-A grabbed opponent can't be thrown, but until they escape The Fighter starts clawing at them repeatedly with both hands, potentially wracking up massive damage.
-If the enemy is grabbed in the air, the grab still succeeds and both The Fighter and the enemy are brought downward with the momentum of the leap.

Neutral B, FIGHTER'S FOCUS
The Fighter concentrates for a second and grants himself a temporary buff and then continues fighting.
SWORD & SHIELD: AEGIS
-Glows blue.
-For the next few seconds, The Fighter shrugs off the knockback from smaller attacks. When hit by a larger attack, Aegis is dispelled.
-Kirby absorbs this ability.
AXE: VALOR
-Glows red.
-Increases the damage and knockback of the next smash attack.
CLAWS: HASTE
-Glows green.
-The Fighter's movement speed greatly increases for the next few seconds.

Final Smash, CLASS CHANGE
In a burst of white light, The Fighter emerges stronger as the newly blessed Holy Knight.
-Heals %50 from holy energy.
-The Fighter stays as The Knight until he loses a stock. When he respawns, he is reverted back to the ordinary Fighter.
-The Knight's weapons are wrapped in holy light and deal more % with attacks and smash attacks have a higher knockback.

-The Knight's armor absorbs some damage and knockback, lighter attacks are ignored entirely.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Wow! Thats a really good moveset! I will try to somehow implement some of the moves into my Down B Rotating moveset. Feel free to suggest ideas for my moveset, I will probably use them!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I say no to the Warrior Of Light because with Mega Man, Sakurai chose a retro NES look instead of making him look like Mega Man X, or look like the tall, more humanoid Mega Man.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can people please spread this idea around, it would be really cool if this becomes a somewhat popular choice, the maybe they would have a chance in

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
i meant the megamen

Oh... yeah. I must've been tired when I read your post. :S

@Mega Bidoof
I think it's safe to say (but unfortunate) that any new support for a character at this point in time won't have any influence on this current Smash Bros. cycle. But there's always next time!

Mega Dunsparce

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3695-1145-1866
If Square-Enix gets a rep in Smash Bros. for WiiU and 3DS I think this would be a good character choice!

The Heroes!

This would be a Pokemon Trainer like character where you can Switch between Warrior, Monk, and Black Mage
Square-Enix definitely deserves a rep in Smash Bros.

You might argue that Square-Enix doesn't make that many Final Fantasy game for Nintendo, but Konami doesn'tmake many Metal Gear games for Nintendo, but Snake got into Brawl. (I know that Sakurai is good friends with Kojima.)
I think the first Final Fantasy game should be honored by having a rep in Smash bros.

So leave you thoughts in this post, I have only thought of this idea recently so i haven't had the chance to make a moveset for each character, but I will post the movesets once I come up with them!
Okay nice concept gets my seal of approval :)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As everyone who was here before, basically just me, Dunsparce and SuperBrawler,
You can see I made some major changes to the first post so it looks like my newer character threads
If someone could provide a sig icon, that would be great.
I already have a roster maker icon that I'll post tomorrow..

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
As everyone who was here before, basically just me, Dunsparce and SuperBrawler,
You can see I made some major changes to the first post so it looks like my newer character threads
If someone could provide a sig icon, that would be great.
I already have a roster maker icon that I'll post tomorrow..
I can make one too if you want.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Maybe the Dissidia Warrior of Light could be a alt costume for the Warrior.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
There has to be 4 heroes since the first final fantasy started with four warriors of light.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Then what would work for the white mage be a playable character too or be with the four warriors in a side b move, and final smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom