• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lanhammer 2013 Melee Results and Shoutout Thread

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Singles $1500 Prize Pool Total ~220 entrants (not accounting for dqs and no shows)

Video Archive on twitch:
Top 32 Finals:
http://www.twitch.tv/meleeitonme/b/447774964
http://www.twitch.tv/meleeitonme/b/447849561
Day 1:
http://www.twitch.tv/meleeitonme/b/447305635
http://www.twitch.tv/meleeitonme/b/447420944
http://www.twitch.tv/meleeitonme/b/447760081

Youtube Channels Matches will go here:
YCZ13's camera recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/ycz13/videos
MeleeitonMe: http://www.youtube.com/user/MeleeItOnMe/videos

Top 32
http://lanhammermelee.challonge.com/lanhammermeleetop32
(Not sure of $ distribution)
1.GC|PewPewU ($750) :marthmelee:
2.MIOM|Mango ($450) :marthmelee: :falconmelee:
3.Fly_Amanita ($200) :icsmelee:
4.Silent Wolf ($100) :foxmelee:
5.MacD ($40) :peachmelee:
5. GC|Zhu ($40) :falcomelee:
7. GC|SFAT ($25) :foxmelee:
7. HomeMadeWaffles ($25) :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :drmario:
9. Tafokints :sheikmelee:
9. Sung666 :falcomelee:
9. Bizzarro Flame :ganondorfmelee:
9. Shroomed :drmario: :sheikmelee:
13. SilentSpectre :falconmelee:
13. Phil! :foxmelee:
13. Stabbedbyahippie :falcomelee:
13. Mooninite :marthmelee:
17. HugS :samusmelee:
17. C!Z :marthmelee:
17. Toph :foxmelee:
17. Alan :peachmelee:
17. Azusa :peachmelee:
17. Bob$ (forfeit) :marthmelee:
17. J666 :linkmelee:
17. Hyuga :jigglypuffmelee:
25. The___cheese :peachmelee: :falconmelee: :drmario:
25. L_ :foxmelee:
25. DP :falcomelee:
25. YCZ6 :samusmelee:
25. Kelan :falconmelee:
25. Ky :marthmelee:
25. Doyoung2win :falcomelee: :foxmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
25. Tang :foxmelee:

-------Pools Cut Off-----
33. Ahmad
33. Goose
33. Darrell
33. Hydro Kirby
33. OXY | The Crimson Blur
33. Lord
33. Berto
33. NMW
33. Catnip
33. Sparky
33. Germ
33. Mikkuz
33. Dragonfart
33. gaR
33. Chalcogen
33. Choknater
49. Kex
49. dkuo
49. CubaisDeath
49. Kimsidious
49. dizkidboogie
49. Simna ibn sind
49. Eclipsing Binary
49. CaptainRickShaw
49. Fridgebits
49. DendyPretendy
49. Sheen
49. tuPH-wUn
49. gkinfinity
49. GroovyGreenHat
49. MyL
49. Isis
65. SockNose
65. Tarheeljks
65. Kato
65. Law
65. DUSL
65. Ironpool
65. Vipasu
65. Bo0gYmAn
65. Sidefx
65. Glitter
65. Yaya
65. Foxlisk
65. Kirbyraeg
65. Tri-Cap
65. Dunskies
65. K
65. Commanderkool
65. Jmic
65. 22b
65. Turok
65. Laudandus
65. Myko
65. Bertbusdriver
65. Edo
65. Violence
65. Stephen
65. Kizzo
65. Toad
65. NoR4U
65. Luis650
65. Van Francisco
65. hkt.dusk
97. Super Rad Brian
97. Layzie
97. Wieners
97. I don’t know how to play
97. Troy
97. 777
97. JarJarBinks
97. Kokichi
97. Commonyoshi
97. Newtype
97. Kudo
97. MyJermz
97. Yes
97. Adam
97. Freamon
97. Imyt
97. Sasquatch
97. Wind
97. Cereal Rabbit
97. Cowmooh
97. ScareMi
97. Rawrs
97. Crspy
97. Glee
97. Rook
97. dk
97. overstepss
97. swampler
97. BJarv
97. Spevak
97. Soze
97. EZ
129. Imagine
129. RadicalReactor
129. Jacques
129. Y-Sef
129. PNKN
129. Chad
129. Beastli
129. Sandeep
129. :^)
129. Ryan Rasti
129. Aischarm
129. Dolfinh
129. Dorian
129. Doctor Blake
129. VaG
129. DolphinJon
129. Ruinz
129. DerSoldat
129. FDM Zakulgnited
129. Ashkon
129. Plimo
129. Ian
129. BigPlunder
129. JippyTheLion
129. GraphiteZeppelin
129. PikminButDeadly
129. Tongs
129. Susa
129. Instasquid
129. JeezImSoBored
129. Wonk
129. TreesOfAllSizes
129. superCC
129. Brian Hoyt
129. Skookie5
129. FlyTaka
129. BAMBA73
129. Corimon
129. elementalpenguin
129. TwicH
129. CrispyTacoZ
129. skstylez
129. VorpalStorm
129. XMR
129. Slapz
129. Flo
129. Zane
129. f8_ds
129. Hotdog
129. 5wag
129. Muzer
129. Alien
129. Daleebz
129. Archer
129. ncSUCKMODE
129. kikachu
129. Aros
129. Power Kevin
129. grazi
129. UWOTM8
129. RedX916
129. Korean Jedi
129. 2Z
129. Brian McGarry
193. C.SDK
193. Gnasher
193. Azn_Danny
193. Adrien
193. Pillz
193. Slashmolder
193. The Scarecrow
193. SNKE
193. turtleBox
193. CDW8
193. fengxiaopeng
193. Ralegar
193. Sean
193. Spiral
193. Chillatech
193. How Do I Smash
193. Sheq
193. Elyo
193. Sky
193. Charles
193. SuperSonic
193. TheMauricinator
193. Bonbon
193. John Wagner
193. Car Los
193. CHUU
193. int3
193. TheSambassador
193. Ruh-roh raggy
193. Carl
193. Squeezy
193. Nanerz

Preliminary Bracket Pools can be found here
http://lanhammermelee.challonge.com/

Pool x: 1st seed (to winners), 2nd seed (to losers)
Pool 1: HMW, DoYoung2Win
Pool 2: Silent Wolf, Alan
Pool 3: Zhu, L_
Pool 4: Phil!, Mooninite
Pool 5: Miom|Mang0, The___cheese

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Staff and TOs
Andrew Wu and ReadyForce - Thanks for sponsoring the event! Andrew, you were very accommodating. Even though it was super busy, you helped us so much.

Scar - Props to you for not playing in order to ensure that the stream went well

Sheridan - You held it down with brackets. congrats on beating Lord. Really risky, but awesome rest to clutch it.

Ahmad/Julian/Violence - Didn't get to talk to you guys much, but thanks for running the bracket pools.
(PewPewU/L_) - Thanks for also running pools

Pools
EZ - Your peach had some moves. Remember to roll less and think more! Don't be intimidated

Isis - I really wanted the win against you since you beat me at Alameda. It was unfortunate that you dropped your CGs, but I can tell you'll be ready next time.

Kelan - Congrats on beating Choknater in winners. Falcon vs. Sheik is very cruel

Choknater - I didn't want to play your ICs at all today. I was fortunate

Truman - You've gotten alot better, just don't SD. I was sad that you lost to Isis in game 1

Bracket
PewPewU - Why are you so good? I can kind of see the moments in which you're outthinking me now. You're so clever and intelligent. I will adjust and not get tippered out of my UP+B recoveries

HugS - You'll get me next time. It was good seeing you again.

SilentSpectre - =(. We'll have a session going to get you up to par with the Sheik matchup. Glad to see you got the SDI down on the jab reset

Zhu - You are so consistent. It's aggravating to play you because you play so smart and it's hard to find openings. Next time, I'll get you.

Others (Norcal)
Dajuan/PewPewU - You guys are the bros, thanks for hosting me and giving me rides throughout the weekend. Kevin - tell your parents thanks!

HMW - Good stuff, making top 8. Really impressed with your mentality at this tournament

Phil - Didn't get to interact too much, but you are always a pleasure to see

Darrell - tough that you couldn't make it to day 2. Thanks for always being encouraging and being a homie

Ky/The___cheese - You guys have stepped it up much more since I left. good stuff

Ycz6 - thanks for recording and that was a sick nasty combo to get out of pools

Doyoung - always a pleasure

Bizzarro - man, you've styled on some people. It's nuts

Tang - always good to see you

L_ - good stuff beating darrell x2

Jackie/Luis - always awesome to see you guys. hopefully we get more time together in 2 weeks!

Socal
Sung - good stuff beating dajuan. I always thought your falco was your best character and it was awesome to see you stick to one character for a tournament

J666 - so many heartbreakers. just need a little more push and you've got this!

MacD - "casuals"

Alan - always great to see you

Washington
Silent Wolf - too good man. It was awesome to see you guys in norcal. next time we'll mm

C!Z - a pleasant surprise to see you. Hopefully, we can work on the sheik matchup

I probably forgot some people, so please forgive me

GGs everyone. Always a good time in california. Yo, you should put character heads next to names, it looks so much more legit that way

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I always forget where the heads are. Can someone refer me to the tags?

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
I'm posting on facebook and smashboards (imo everyone should still be using smashboards...)

Thanks for puttin this together, Andrew Wu.
Thanks to all the TOs, pool captains, and commentators ya did a good job.
Thanks to everyone who brought setups, everyone overlooks yall but I always appreciate it and I hope you bring them to every tournament.

-=POOLS=-
=Crispy Tacoz - You got me with a ton of laser cape -> fair approaches that was pretty good. Try to grab more to get combo dmg.
=Sheen - Pretty close ya had some good moments and you make use of weird situations really well. I feel like everytime it was awkward you always hit me first.
=DP - You're super good. AND you beat germ twice that's legit. Great platform work you mixed me up a lot with them.
=Germ - I didn't play you but you had some sick combos on DP.

-=BRACKET=-
=Shroomed - You're like my favorite norcal smasher. I just think you're really cool. Thanks for the advice at the end but I think I'll mess around with a lot of different characters still for now or just use falco I'm not sure.
=Silent Wolf - I love technical foxes you're a great player for anyone to play with.
=SFAT - So good! Gotta study up. Always give the fist pound before our sets, all about the meleeship.

-=OTHER=-
=Phil - My other favorite norcal smasher. :p <- That's you.
=Mooninite - My other OTHER favorite norcal smasher. I never sandbag. Just know that you're pretty good only because you have a cool name.
=Stab - Sorry I didn't do the teams MM, I didn't want to go sheik and I was pretty unconfident about my falco in teams. And also for not hangin out with ya that much but there was just too many people to hang out with. I'd be down to watch anime on skype with combofest again haha.
=CrimsonBlur - Thanks for havin my back the whole time. But I really did try my best against the foxes but no amount of fire could have won me those sets, there's just something that was fundamentally wrong with how I played them. Too bad we couldn't see you trounce boback.
=Toph - Whatever happened to playing shirtless? I still don't understand that strategy haha
=J666 - You have amazing game sense. I have absolutely no idea how you win with such little knowledge, and you make it look easy (to me). I always feel like you could beat anyone. Freakin crazy guy.
=Torrence - Punch em twice and make em spill their ice cream.
=ycz6 - Really cool samus you gave me a lot of great ideas. Definitely gunna steal a lot of stuff.
=Fly Amanita - Love seein ya wobble. Smart guy with a ton of heart.
=Azusa - You're going to be a top player if you keep it up. Good mentality and awesome adaptations.
=Violence - You have new tricks I'll give ya that but you aint changin my mind about the match up. Good human being, I really want you to rise and beat everybody.
=Lord - I admit I was going a little crazy watching you...for probably obvious reasons...but seriously though I don't know how anyone can even play like that makes no sense to me. It's extremely creative though and you're quite a good joker.
=PewPewU - So much dmg : ]
=HomeMadeWaffles - Thanks for the kind words, ya got some awesome wins and hope ya keep on commentating.
=Alan - Love your mannerisms.
=Darrell - I think I probably won't do a money match for a long while :/ You can keep taking money from other unsuspecting victims.
=JeezImSoBored - Ultimate sponge. I'm glad you're understanding the fraudulence.
=MacD - I'm going to slam this water bottle on the ground.
=Wieners - Lol ya gotta know your place. Couple years too early to touch THIS falcon!
=Bizzarro Flame - The man responsible for the breakfast combo.
=DendyPretendy - Hotbox ^_^ We gotta get that LA pizza.
=Tafokints - Chaingrab yes. Ya always liven things up fun guy. Glad to hear that you really want to level up.
=Sheridan - Thank you so much for housing us even though we all came at like 3 AM we're terrible people.
=Troy - Sorry I didn't really play yall I was mega tired and I slept instantly. Thanks for housing us we will definitely play a lot next time.
=Silent Spectre - Really chill guy hope ta get ta know ya better. I like turtles.
=Sparky - Lol I forgot you well here you are <3

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Anyone who wants to get better at this game is incredible. Melee is the best game in the world past and present. "This community is amazing" - CommonYoshi.

Sanu

Smash Champion
This tourney was so fun to watch. Wish I was there to compete!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
People outside of sac/davis/fresno don't really know me, but shout outs to you guys even though you guys don't even know me kinda.

Nelson (Cowmooh?) - Yo, you got a pretty solid puff. I'm glad you got a lot of people to cheer you only while we were playing. They're the guys that'll encourage you and get you better.

Jeffles (SS, ma hero) - So everyone knows you and calls you Jeff even though you don't really know them back LOL. If you're reading this, man, I just wanted to say that I really respect you and I didn't play Kirby that game to disrespect. I knew the set was gonna be frustrating if I went Marth, so I just wanted to enjoy it and have fun.

Random Falcon Guy in pools (???) - Yeah good games. There's not really much I can say because I don't really remember stuff to say LOL.

(22B) - That Roy caught me by surprise. I don't know whether to feel ******** when I lose to a Roy or to drop some mad respect. Yeah, mad props to you pulling out your main. I didn't have the balls to go Kirby against your Roy. Maybe next time I'll cc you more... hahaha. Good rep. Good guy. No salt.

Andrew Wu - I guess it's a thing to say something. Waiting outside until like 4pm even though we arrived at 12 was not pleasant though. I mean if it got done what it got done then all good mang.

(Dunk) - My boy Dunk. I remember back in 07 when we both sucked. Then you moved to SoCal and got legendary. Too bad we still lose to Chris' gay line of up characters. Good stuff bringing hype in Fresno and keeping melee alive.

Adam Boogers - I don't know man, you just always hype and reminding this community why we love smash. You are a pioneer of hype plus you play it out too with your legit Falco.

Mr. Old School DP - I remember TC1 inviting me to your house and getting wrecked sometime in '10 or '11. I was like a little kid and I saw a bong for the first time. Good stuff ****** my Marth.

Van Francisco - Driving man. Even though we couldn't stay the night, I have no regrets. Props on doing well against those Sheiks. Too bad you lost to the average ones.

(Eclipsing Binary) - Amazing video capture skills. Good job in your pool. Glad you did pretty well. Hope to be seeing you more when we host in Davis.

Nhat (Dragon Fart) - You played on the screen. Wow. Best in Davis for sure. The controversy is over.

Eric (Lord) - I finally get to play you and destroy your alts with my Kirby. It was super hyper hearing about you, and even more hype hearing about how you play with ole Davis folks. Teach me how to you so good mang.

Alvin & Kevin - Papitos. Hella good mexican good.

Jesse (Mooninite) - Not only are you one of the best person in NorCal, you're one of the best encouraging persons here. I hear so much trash about Kirby, but you say a lot different stuff. Thanks for supporting my main even though I'm tempted to go Marth or Fox LOOOL. I have a bag of sleeves for Kirby secrets.

Sheridan - Just so it's out there... lol

Spencer - I heard you were here, but no Kirby dittos happened. THANK GOODNESS

James Singlesomething NoR4U - I thought you played Sonic? Just kiddings, it's good to see you back in Melee. So good to be reunited with the one and only. It was good to see Kato too. No Nanerz though...

Dendy/Crimson/Bizarro - Ice cream place? Yup

Brandon (HMW) - In '07, I hosted a tournament and flaked so you ended up hosting it in Fresno even though you drove down form Modesto. Just wanted to put that out there. But damn, prop on top 8. HYYYYPEEEE

Walt

Smash Ace
Chok: glad I got to play both your ICs and ylink. Our stream match was probably the most fun I've ever had in a tournament.

Boback: For yelling at me what to do against chok. I would have lost way harder if I hadn't been listening to you.

Tafo: loool I got pretty dunked. I asked scar if he had any advice against you and he just kinda "I have no idea" look on his face then told me to keep presence of mind.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can one of the TOs give me an estimate on how many entrants there actually were at the venue? 120, 160, 200?

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Can one of the TOs give me an estimate on how many entrants there actually were at the venue? 120, 160, 200?

We had 210 pre-reg for SSBM
We had 1044 total pre-reg for all the tournaments/spectating

I want to say we had at least 200 players there (some no-shows, some people signed up last minute at the door and weren't in my registration system)

Here are my shoutouts:

LANHAMMER SHOUTOUTS. Sorry I’m super ****ing late!

Bobby Scarduzio - Our fateful encounter in the Twitch TV office led to the greatness that was SSBM at LANHAMMER. I’m so glad we got such a huge turnout and a lot of it was because of your leadership in rallying the community to support SSBM. The stream was amazing, the overlays were amazing, the commentary was amazing, the gasps were amazing, eveything was amazing :)

Sheridan Zalewski & Daniel Lee - Thank you for putting together the bracket and taking so many last minute requests. Everything ran so smoothly - all the pools, the entire bracket, and basically the whole tournament. Dr. Z I don’t know how you play so well and run the whole thing at the same time. You’re amazing.

Kris Aldenderfer, Do you Phils Me, and Brandon Waffles - Thank you guys so much for doing the majority of commentary. You guys are legends.

Kevin Toy - Shoutouts for winning the whole damn thing and treating his family to a FANCY CHINESE DINNER (like those even exist LOL) Congrats!

Joseph Marquez - Thanks for giving me 15 hugs and 15 million “thank you”s and “you’re awesome”s when you weren’t yourself :)

Chris Doo, Kevin Xiao - Dat boot. Don’t worry I’m always there for you LOL

Jesse Ewing, Vincent Chan, Kizzo, J666 - Got to play some fun friendlies with you guys on day 2! I’m bad :( please teach me!

Mitchell Tang - Shoutouts for being so grateful that I got you in the tournament LOL. np man

Jeff Leung - Shoutouts for being SS. You’re freakin amazing to watch :D

Sung Lee - Shoutouts for that hype match with Shroomed :) stick to Falco! You **** :D

Mccain - Dayummmm 5th/6th! Need to see some of those MacD nairs

Fly - Great to see you as always :) Thank you so much for being really patient outside and helping me manage the line and people who came for later pools

Dawson - you noob tryna get into the venue with that volunteer tshirt LOLOL

Timothy Turok Choi - we’ll play...eventually :p

Otto Bisno - Glad you got the chance to come down from WA

Matt Tafzoli and Julian Zhu - Sorry I didn’t bring my fat dog. I know you miss him <3 Zhu congrats on 5th/6th + shoutouts to Irvine :)

Shoutouts to Darrell White, Alan Moore, Julian Simington, Boback Vakhili and others who got shirts from me :p

Shoutouts to Norcal for making this whole thing so damn hype

Apologies for the whole line + waiting outside. I’m really sorry :( Next time I’ll get a better venue and make LANHAMMER 2014 even bigger!

Top Bottom