• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MAH BOI! King Harkinian Strives for Victory! Sign the Petition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
"Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!"
Ah, the Zelda series. Many believe that it doesn't deserve a fifth rep because there's no clear consensus about who it would be. Naysayers claim that no Zelda character is nearly as iconic as the Triforce trio. I call their bluff.
King Harkinian has been dominating Youtube videos for as long as I can remember. He's the superstar of the CD-I Zelda games; these games are rather infamous among the gaming populace. I'd go out on a limb and say that he's at least as famous as the Ice Climbers were before their inclusion. He's also extremely beloved; the powers that be even went so far as to create a spiritual successor to out favorite King in Wind Waker.
For those of you who are somehow in the dark, the King is a literal fountain of one-liners and a sagely figure in the CD-I games, which are very well known across the internet. Search his name in Youtube or on a search engine; you'll get more results than you were hoping for.
The obvious question right now is: what would he do? His attacks would be drawn from the memorable quotes of the CD-I games! Watch this classic Youtube video for a moveset!
Pros of King Harkinian:
1) Surprise: Sakurai likes surprising the fans. This would definitely be a surprise.
2) CD-I Revival: Smash is used to revive old series. What games would be better for revival than the CD-I games?
3) Well-Known: King Harkinian is a Youtube sensation. Everyone would recognize him and I'm sure some would buy the game for him.
Cons:
1) Roster Spot: He'd take the spot of a more requested character, like Ghirahim or Vaati.
2) Epicness: He'd steal the spotlight. Prepare to fight King Harkinian every time on Wifi.
3) Legality: Not sure about this. Does Phillips own him? And does Nintendo want to acknowledge his existence?
Supporters List: Groose, TheThirdKoopa, 8-Peacock-8, Yams, MonK4, APC99, OcarinaofDoom, FalKoopa, Pikachu FTW, Golden Yuiitusin, Game&Watcher, KingofPhantoms47, SuperBrawler, LegendofRob11, Crap Zapper, Wegenbarth, GuyWiththeFace, Ephecus, SonicSmasherZero, Xhampi

Courtesy of Gibdo Knight:

Courtesy of APC99:

Courtesy of Shrooby:

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, I gave you the idea for this when I mentioned him in that other thread didn't I?

I'm actually partly responsible for this... How am I going to live with myself?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Perhaps you'd be willing to stop living, and become a member of my phantom army? You'd still be living...well, after-living...in the after life.

No but seriously, enough, my ship sails in the morning. I wonder what's for DINNER?

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh no, I gave you the idea for this when I mentioned him in that other thread didn't I?

This is going to become the next big petition, much like the one about Reggie.

Yes, you are responsible for this.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I'd rather have this as his final smash :
Why would you want to kill someone if you can make him your slave for eternity.
Long live the king.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
>The awkward moment when you realize he's actually an eligible character

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Seems like he has a pretty good chance. I mean Nintendo really loves those CDi games. That's why they're always talking about them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Courtesy of Gibdo Knight.

You guys know what to do. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

..................I wonder what's for DINNER?
If The King EVER gets in Smash, I will main him no matter who else gets in.

He should be the Geno of the Zelda series.

EDIT: PLEASE don't lock this, M&SGuy!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I never thought someone could beat Gaston or Daroach in term of fantasticalness and awesomeness...

I was far from right. I was completely wrong. The King of Hyrule is the boss.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
:joyful: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH YES! God, OK, this has to happen. If this happens I'll die of laughter, I already almost did just now. I dunno what to say. He'd be my main. Imagine four King Harkinians screaming MAH BOI! at the top of their lungs the whole game.

D

Deleted member

But how could he be your main if you'd die of laughter? :troll:

Groose

Smash Champion
GoldenYuiitusin said:
EDIT: PLEASE don't lock this, M&SGuy!
Don't worry. I'm there. ;)
While "Joke Threads" are against the rules (I checked before making this), I did provide a move set, pros/cons list, a petition, and link to another moveset. I think that adds enough legitimacy.

...I may even make an illustrated moveset and a counterargument list when I get to a PC.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Groose, you misunderstood my post. I meant to say that I won't let this thread be locked. :p

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
This may be the best worst idea I never thought possible.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, if the king gets in....

THIS guy better be a, mmmmmmmm, Assist Trophy. BOMBS EVERYWHERE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(There better be a Hotel Mario stage for these guys)
(Also I support 100%.)
(Oh, and there should be an option where Morshu sings the background music)

Pikachu ftw

Smash Rookie
I..I don't know what to... oh gosh...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I signed the petition. The King should and could be the next Wii Fit Trainer.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
While "Joke Threads" are against the rules (I checked before making this), I did provide a move set, pros/cons list, a petition, and link to another moveset. I think that adds enough legitimacy.
...I may even make an illustrated moveset and a counterargument list when I get to a PC.
Groose, you misunderstood my post. I meant to say that I won't let this thread be locked. :p
Now I'm bitter that my Gaston thread got locked.

I SUPPORT KING HARKINIAN!

Groose

Smash Champion
I probably should be sprucing up the OP, but I just don't feel like it now. Maybe tomorrow.
I never thought someone could beat Gaston or Daroach in term of fantasticalness and awesomeness...
I was far from right. I was completely wrong. The King of Hyrule is the boss.
And the best part is he actually originates from a video game, unlike Gaston.
I signed the petition. The King should and could be the next Wii Fit Trainer.
Thanks for your support. Unfortunately, we have minimal momentum on the petition. :(
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, how can we help?
(Feel free to put me on the supporters list.)
If you can come up with a moveset, I'll be glad to put it in the OP. If not, I'll gladly link to some Youtube Poops!
YEEEEEEES! I'm sure it will die of its own accord in a few days, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom