• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetromino For Smash 4! Now with Series Icon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
ABOUT
The Tetrominoes are from the popular game, Tetris, it was released on June 6, 1984, a random sequence of Tetrominoes fall down the playing field, you have to move and rotate them and create a horizontal line of ten blocks without gaps, then the line disappears, and if the Tetrominoes stack up to the top you lose.​
NINTENDO APPEARANCES
Tetris was on the Gameboy, NES, and DS.​

STAGE

A Tetris Stage might look like this:
Except I imagine the Tetrominoes falling more frequently and I think they should fall faster, and instead of getting stuck the Tetrominoes would give you huge knockback.

MOVESETS
If you make a moveset, I will add it.​
[collapse=Staff of Smashing's Moveset] N: A Tetris block will move 2 stage builder blocks up and smash down. A reference to how Tetris Blocks fall. 11%, KO's Bowser at 170%

S: A completely vertical block blocks all incoming damage from the front. A blocking move and reflects some projectiles.

D: A 3x1 with an extra block in the top middle spins. A hazard that has no knockback, but delivers a decent amount of tacking damage. 17% max.

U: Tetris Blocks Stack up in the specified direction. Does 14% and KO's Bowser at 150%
[/collapse]

ICONS
If you make sigs or roster maker icons I will add them.​
Sigs courtesy of Good Guy Giygas:

Roster Maker Icons courtesy of Gibdo Knight:

Courtesy of Jaytalks:
image.jpg

Courtesy of Gibdo Knight again:

SUPPORTERS
SuperBrawler, 8-peacock-8, APC99, Good Guy Giygas, BluePikmin11, Mega Bidoof, legendofrob1,​

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I have some ideas for specials.

N: A Tetris block will move 2 stage builder blocks up and smash down. A reference to how Tetris Blocks fall. 11%, KO's Bowser at 170%

S: A completely vertical block blocks all incoming damage from the front. A blocking move and reflects some projectiles.

D: A 3x1 with an extra block in the top middle spins. A hazard that has no knockback, but delivers a decent amount of tacking damage. 17% max.

U: Tetris Blocks Stack up in the specified direction. Does 14% and KO's Bowser at 150%

I may update this, but this is it for now.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I have some ideas for specials.

N: A Tetris block will move 2 stage builder blocks up and smash down. A reference to how Tetris Blocks fall. 11%, KO's Bowser at 170%

I may update this, but this is it for now.
Thank you! I'll add it to the OP.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Ah, Tetris...even after all these years, I am still addicted to this game.

Anyhow, though I doubt we would get a playable character for the franchise, it would be cool to see Tetris more represented in Smash 4 than it was in Brawl; maybe we could get a stage. I would also love to see Tetris Blast represented somehow.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I am so glad you called them tetraminos. In all seriousness I'd prefer Lip from Panel de Pon to be the puzzle game rep. Especially with the awkward legal issues with tetris.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread is venturing a bit too far into the impossible character territory, and also the joke character territory. I'm not sure if this thread should be kept open.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Tetris is definitely stage material. There didn't seem to be much trouble for them to get the rights to Tetris music for use in Brawl, so they should be able to get a hold of the visual elements too. I wonder if they would take the NES or Game Boy route?

This thread is venturing a bit too far into the impossible character territory, and also the joke character territory. I'm not sure if this thread should be kept open.
Well, the King Harkinian thread didn't seem to be too much of a concern :smirk:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Tetris is definitely stage material. There didn't seem to be much trouble for them to get the rights to Tetris music for use in Brawl, so they should be able to get a hold of the visual elements too. I wonder if they would take the NES or Game Boy route?

Well, the King Harkinian thread didn't seem to be too much of a concern :smirk:
Because recently the tetris company sued someone and won a seize and detest or whatever. But that company claimed the rights of tetris- which means the law sees the tetris company as the true holder of the tetris copyright (There were 5 or 6 companies that claimed ownership of tetris due to an interesting history- look it up if you want more info.) It's really complicated (Basically the group that made tetris split up and sold the game to several companies thinking they each individually had a right to what they made.)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Tetris is the greatest legal nightmare in gaming history. But yeah.....Tetris stage is something that needs to happen.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I would say stage, assist trophy, or making an appearance in a moveset.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Support! Love me some Tetris, I'd absolutely adore a Tetris character or stage... Although it would be too much of a hassle for Sakurai and probably be considered a third-party character... which would not be an option. If it was first-party, then YES. If not, no. So I'm a supporter. And this isn't a joke thread, Tetris has more history with Nintendo than most retro characters...

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Although I think a Tetris stage would be more likely and an all-in-all better option, I would have little objection if a Tetris block became a character. Seriously, Tetris is an iconic classic game plus it would be the ultimate WTF character :rotfl:. I used to love Tetris when I was little, so you might as well add me to the supporters haha..

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'm not sure what this means for the legal side of things, but the main Tetris theme is an old Russian folk song that's completely uncopyrighted, because it's like 200 years old. I don't know if Nintendo still had to get permission from the Tetris Company to use their version, though, but keep in mind the music they had in Brawl might not have been as much of a legal hassle as a stage. Anyone know the exact rules on this?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm not sure what this means for the legal side of things, but the main Tetris theme is an old Russian folk song that's completely uncopyrighted, because it's like 200 years old. I don't know if Nintendo still had to get permission from the Tetris Company to use their version, though, but keep in mind the music they had in Brawl might not have been as much of a legal hassle as a stage. Anyone know the exact rules on this?
Yeah its a russian folk song, but even then the music also came from nintendo's versions of tetris so they own the music. The visuals and gameplay? That is up in the air.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So the puzzle contenders are Lip, Mallo or a Tetris Block? Are we forgetting the prodigal return of...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
So the puzzle contenders are Lip, Mallo or a Tetris Block? Are we forgetting the prodigal return of...
Dr.Mario? Haha anyone else? I guess yoshi and pokemon also can be puzzle related...but that isn't their main game.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Dr.Mario? Haha anyone else? I guess yoshi and pokemon also can be puzzle related...but that isn't their main game.

Stupid pic didn't work... Yeah, i'm talking about the pill-pushing plumber who got an overnight doctorate.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
We don't need Dr. Mario sweetie.
Wasn't he only added because someone sent him fan mail saying it would be funny and that the team wanted to add his music? (Also them wanting to make clones to buff the roster size.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
from tetris?

...isn't that what you get when you cut yourself with something rusty? :troll:

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
That would be good for a surprise character. For the final smash how about make the blocks fall.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Bump.

Every video game needs a Soviet Union-esque villain. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I appreciate the bump. I couldn't.

Aw, no problem. Besides, having Tetronimo would be great: If some Hitler Miis arrive in a fight, I'll kill them...

...with irony!

oh lord, the Soviet Russia jokes overfloweth my head, most involving Wario and Waluigi in some form, but I'll be mature here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom