• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creator of R.O.B "Professor Hector" ready for Smash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Professor Hector for Super Smash Bros 4 ~
(Thanks to AndrewDickman on DeviantArt)​
Who is he?
Professor Hector is from the video game "Stack-Up" & "Gyromite"​
He is the creater of R.O.B who was in Smash Bros Brawl.​
One day his labratory is filled with Dynamites and Green Lizards​
called the "Smicks". Hector must run around his amazing labratory​
and collect the dynamite before it explodes.​
--​
Appearance ~
Stack-Up (NES 1985)
Gyromite (NES 1985)
Here is a Gameplay video of "Gyromite"​
--​
If you have a Moveset idea for him I will Add it.
--​
Want to support the Professor? Just let me know.
~ Hector's Apprentices ~
Crap-Zapper ~ Trashcan95 ~ SuperBrawler ~
To all Professor Hector Supporters ~

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yes, But he has starred in 2 NES Games, is the Creator of R.O.B, so it would be nice to see him make it as either a Retro Rep, or R.O.B Second Rep. :)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd vote for "assist trophy". If there was a story mode, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Mega Man's Dr. Light as support characters, talking to each other about their robots. :)

I used to play Gyromite a bit when I was a kid... I didn't enjoy it really, but it is still part of Nintendo's history...

I suppose his moveset would be based around random inventions?

Here's some gameplay of Gyromite for curious peeps.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'd vote for "assist trophy". If there was a story mode, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Mega Man's Dr. Light as support characters, talking to each other about their robots. :)

I used to play Gyromite a bit when I was a kid... I didn't enjoy it really, but it is still part of Nintendo's history...

I suppose his moveset would be based around random inventions?

Here's some gameplay of Gyromite for curious peeps.

Added the video to the OP :)

Well ofcourse he could work as an AT too, but I'd like to see him make it in as an Old Retro Rep :)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Could easy see a costume or a colour swap of Vector for Hector. But I see Hector being much more important than Vector who is his Assistant.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I do not know if R.O.B. warrants a second rep, maybe an assist trophy, although I do like how he represents NES games (His home stage) etc. I also really doubt his inclusion because R.O.B. was apparently added for western audiences (um I guess they figured he actually was remembered here for saving the game market?) along with sonic and I think Ridley and little mac might be more plausible as the 'western centric' characters added.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I'd suggest putting the name of the character being supporter in the title of the support thread. To make it easier for people to find.

As for the character himself, I think he'd make an interesting stage element. If we got a Gyromite stage this time around, he could play the role of switching the pillars' positions, sort of as an ironic reference to how ROB was the one switching them in the original game. Other than that, I really only see him as a trophy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always imagined Prof Hector in the background controlling ROB with a cartoon remote control like how pokemon trainer is in the background controlling his pokemon

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I've played through Gyromite on an emulator (the only way the game is really playable since custom key configurations means you don't need R.O.B. or someone operating a second controller for you) and really enjoyed it, it's a fantastic platform puzzle game. I'm quite fond of the character you play as too. I would actually love to see him playable, but unfortunately R.O.B. doesn't really warrant a second rep. I'd still like to see him in the game though, perhaps as an AT or as part of R.O.B.'s moveset.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Gyromite too, and I'm fond at the character too. Yes ofcourse as an Assist Trophy would work, but then again I would love to see him one day make it into the Smash Bros Universe :)

Do you want me to add your name to the support list? (like the post to signify)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Professor Hector COULD work, if he throws turnips and dynamite, as well as genetically create those monsters from test tubes to attack...

It would give off worse vibes than Giygas! :troll:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
R.O.B. is awesome and I can't wait to see my favourite newcomer in Brawl and secondary main return. But professor Hector? He might be cool assist trophy but he really shouldn't be playable.

Sorry

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What if he replaced R.O.B.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO0000000000000000ooooooooooooooooo.............................

That would probably be the worst thing that could happen to this game. R.O.B. is awesome and replacing him would be horrible, its bad enough that others say Wii Fit Trainer and Miis have replaced him.

Poor guy needs all the support he needs.

Before ROB was confirmed I was hoping it was Hector controlling the ROBs in Subspace. Same role as the playable ROB: still controlled by Tabuu, and forced to make his robot friends kill themselves.

Instead of a generic ROB being playable Hector fights in a ROB themed mecha suit. Same basic moveset and size, but a little man controls the machine in the middle. Would have made up for a controller basically being playable in Smash.:glare:

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Before ROB was confirmed I was hoping it was Hector controlling the ROBs in Subspace. Same role as the playable ROB: still controlled by Tabuu, and forced to make his robot friends kill themselves.

Instead of a generic ROB being playable Hector fights in a ROB themed mecha suit. Same basic moveset and size, but a little man controls the machine in the middle. Would have made up for a controller basically being playable in Smash.:glare:
A little controler that saved the gaming industry, though. That aside, I personally think R.O.B.s are more iconic too even though that does sound amazing.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Good thing having R.O.B. is nothing like having a playable controller since he is alot more then just a controller. He is given his own character as shown by the fact that they gave him an actual name and story. He is also the reason the NES sold in the first place.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As someone who adored R.O.B. in Brawl. I'd down for this guy getting in the game somehow. Playable on his own right, in R.O.B.'s win screen, assist trophy, etc.

I'd just be down for it.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If he isn't playable, I hope he will be in R.O.B.'s victory pose, like Doc Luis for Little Mac!

Good thing having R.O.B. is nothing like having a playable controller since he is alot more then just a controller. He is given his own character as shown by the fact that they gave him an actual name and story. He is also the reason the NES sold in the first place.
Nah, it's a controller. You can can make the Super Scope Tabuu's right hand man with a Jersey accent, but it's still a controller. How it helped the NES sale really doesn't mean ****. It's a fun fact...but nothing else.

Think what you want though.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah! The idea of Professor Hector using a R.O.B-like mech to fight, like Pac-Man in Street Fighter X Tekken would be awesome! And it's also a good idea to have Professor Vector as an alt. costume for him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom