• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The undead Koopa King, Dry Bowser thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
After reading this thread, http://smashboards.com/threads/dry-bowser.337808/#post-15626274 I wondered how Dry Bowser could work as a character on his own.

Last Edit: December 30th 2013.

Wigglytuff mentioned that Dry Bowser has recently become more prominent in the Mario Series. Indeed, he appeared more recently as a secret boss in New Super Mario Bros 2. a rival in 2 preivous installments in the Mario and Sonic series, and a playable character in Mario Tennis Open. Dry Bowser is just Bowser, but...undead. Samus got in Brawl as a double character, in her Varia suit and Zero suit. Zelda got in Melee and Brawl as a double as well, as her normal self and in her Sheik disguise. And if you don't like the concept of Bowser exploding as Giga Bowser turning himself into Dry Bowser, then you don't need to have that. Dry Bowser still made it in Mario Kart Wii, and numerous other games along with his living counterpart as a seperate character with no explanation, Smash shouldn't need any more logic than those games to include him as a seperate character.

Being a counterpart to Bowser, you would expect him to be a clone, though he can be Luigi-fied, albeit, with some difficulty.

First off, Dry Bowser's stance should be Bowser's original stance in Melee and Brawl, since the living Koopa King's stance has changed for Smash 4, along with his running animation and a few of his moves.

Dry Bowser's forward smash could be the same as Bowser's original f-smash, which has been replaced with an epic Dropkick.

And due to his skin being destroyed, Dry Bowser's weight could possibly be lowered as well.

Anyway, in term of likeliness, he, I admit, has quite a low chance, especially now that Rosalina is in. And while I used to want him quite a lot, I'm not too sure about him now. Personally at this point my mind has changed a bit, and I'd rather not have Dry Bowser paired with Bowser as a transformation or anything. I'd be happy if he got in with his own slot though.

What are your thoughts on Dry Bowser? How could he work for Smash 4? What moves could he use?

EDIT: Wow, this thread got replied to the other day, the first time since late June earlier this year. I suppose I'll edit this a bit more over time.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Would be pretty neat if Bowser's Final Smash involved a fiery storm that caused him to become Dry Bowser, ala Samus <-> Zero Suit Samus.

Won't support his inclusion anymore than a final smash transformation though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like him as an alternate costume to Bowser. If that's so, I might main him

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dry Bowser for Final Smash:

Bowser pulls out a pot of boiling lava and jumps inside, turning into Dry Bowser. :laugh:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
People started posting on this thread again?

I suppose I'll give it another bump now that it's back on the second page. People started posting on this thread again for the first since last June, I'm not gonna let this thread fade back into obscurity that fast.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I love Dry Bowser! (since Dry Bones is one of my favourite characters from the Mario franchise). Hopefully he gets in at least as a boss or as a costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom