• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rasslin' Jaguar, KING, breaks through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

If Namco had a Character Slot (despite what Sakurai said), It’d be King from the Tekken Series.
In Smash Bros, his strenght lies in his grabs and powerful blows.

Moveset

Dodging
Front Roll: Jaguar Step
Backroll: Reverse Jaguar Step
Spot Dodge: Side Step
Air Dodge: Air Dodge

A.attacks
A Left Palm: A palm strike using the left hand. 3%
AA Palm Attack: The left palm is followed by a right palm. 3%
AAA Palm Attack: to Uppercut: The right palm is followed by an Uppercut with low knockback, up forward. 4%

Tilts
Ftilt Variations
Ftilt Rolling Sobat: King performs his almighty Sobat Kick. medium/high knockback, up forward. 14%

Up Tilted Ftilt Jumping Knee Lift: A quick Knee Attack sends the opponent in the air with set, low knockback (Knockback is always the same). up forward mostly up. 6%

Down Tilted Ftilt Front Kick: A front kick to the gut with low/medium knockback, up forward. 8%

Front Kick to DDT: Press A when the Front Kick connects to chain into a DDT.
Medium Knockback, up backwards. 13%
(The timing for success is very strict.)

Utilt Snap Uppercut: A quick uppercut with medium knockback, up. 9%

Dtilt Stagger Kick: A low kick to the shin. King travels forward slighty when executing it.
Low knockback, up forward mostly up. 7%

Aerials
Nair Flying Cross Chop: King attacks with his whole body as a weapon while crossing his arms. Low/medium knockback, up forward. 10%
Late hit: Low knockback, up forward. 6%

Bair Blind Kick: King scoops his leg backwards with low/medium knockback, up forward. 8%

Uair Heel Kick: An overhead Heel Kick starting from the back. Medium knockback, up. 10%

Fair Deadly Boomerang: A Leg Clothesline using the whole leg with medium/high knockback, up forward. 15%

Dair High Elbow Drop: King drops his elbow with his whole bodyweight behind it.
High knockback, up forward/backwards mostly up. 19%

Smashes
Usmash Atlas' Hammer: King executes a Double Handed Sledgehammer upwards with high knockback, up forward mostly up.18%

Dsmash Leg Breaker: A low Clothesline is delivered in front of King, ground level, followed by another one in the opposite direction.
High knockback, up forward mostly up. 17 %

Fsmash Jaguar Hook: King lunges forward a bit and delivers a powerful hook with high knockback, up forward. 18%

Dash Attack
Dash Attack Running Exploder: King executes a spinning dropkick with medium/high knockback, up forward. 15%

Specials
Neutral B Shadow Lairat/Jaguar Lairat/Atomic Blaster
Tap B to execute Shadow Lairat - King quickly lunges forward and delivers a clothesline with medium knockback. 13%
Hold B to execute Jaguar Lairat - King hardens his arm then lunges forward and delivers a burning clothesline with
high/very high knockback. 25%
Hold B and flick the stick in the opposite direction to execute Atomic Blaster - King hardens his arm then turns around and delivers a burning clothesline behind him with
very high knockback. 28%
Knockback is up forward on all three.

Up B Burning Knuckle: King jumps high in the air as he raises his hands over his head like holding an axe, hitting ppl on the way up with low knockback 1%, then comes down, hitting ppl with low/medium knockback 2% on the way and finaly delivers an Axe Handle Blow with high knockback, up forward.17%
As King is about to land, you can hold the stick in the direction you want him to strike.

Side B Frankensteiner: King executes a Front Flip and hits the opponent with his legs, grabbing standing/shielding opponents by the neck
(grab properties) and drives their head into the ground (Hurricarana Style) with medium knockback. 18%
If the grounded version misses, a weak attack comes out as King hits the ground with low knockback, backwards. 1%
Airborne opponents are with medium knockback, down (Spike). 7%

Down B Armwhip: Time with an Enemy Attack and King will counter with an Armwhip Takedown, making the opponent bounce off the ground with low knockback, up backwards mostly up. 8%

Grabbing
With an average Damage Output of 13.75%, King’s throws are in a class of their own.

PummelBrain Chop: King delivers a chop to the skull. 3%

Fthrow Tomahawk: King pulls off a Shining Wizard in the opponent’s face with medium knockback, up forward mostly forward. 12%

Uthrow Muscle Buster: King puts the foe Upside Down on his shoulder, jumps skyhigh, then crashes down with extreme force. 14%
Medium/high knockback, up.

Dthrow Rolling Deathcradle: King pins his foe down and starts to roll, slamming his foe multiple times in the ground before he is flung up with low/medium knockback, up.
1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 (14%)
(Just the rolling part)

Bthrow Giant Swing: King grabs the opponent is the feet, swings him around a couple of times and lets go.
High knockback, up backwards. 15%

Final Smash
Final Smash Screwdriver: King executes a series of Chain Throws ending with the Screwdriver, sending his opponent(s) flying with Super High knockback, up forward mostly up. 70%

Music, colors, skins
Music:
Colors, skins:
Default color: Purple tights.
Alternative colors: Red, blue, green, and yellow tights.
Black: Armor King

Notes
I thought of using the Moonsault Body Press as his Fsmash, but I found the Jaguar Hook to be more practical.

Otherwise the Moonsault Body Press would have looked like this:
Fsmash Moonsault Body Press: King attacks with a burning Moonsault.
High/very high knockback, up forward. 22%

I also thought of making the all so famous Tekken Ball his side B.
But I wanted King to fight without any type of projectile, so the Frankensteiner was placed on side B instead.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Looks good. I like the DF- and UFtilts. Some things I'd like to mention though.

Dtilt could chain into itself trice. Maybe add spinning uppercut in the end to knock the opponent away?

Some other good candidates for Fsmash would be Shoulder Tackle, Disgraceful Kick or Diving Body Press.

Maybe add some more grabs? For example:

A, A, Grab: Head jammer

A, A, A, Grab: Suplex

Dash grab = Ultimate Tackle (pummel = punches, Fthrow: Cross Arm Lock , Dthrow: Leg Cross Hold, Bthrow: Swing Away/Giant Swing, Uthrow: Flapjack)

Pivot Grab = Throw Away (irish whip) (A = Throw Away Knockdown, B = Throw and Destroy, forward = Throw Away Feint (combo a hit afterwards?), back = turn around)

Shield roll to grab = Cobra Clutch (ending in grab state, allowing you to end with a normal throw)

Sidestep to grab = Reverse Special Stretch Bomb (ending in grab state, allowing you to end with a normal throw)

Zair = Aireal Jaguar Bomb (shakeable)

DFthrow: Tombstone Piledriver

UFthrow: Executioner Drop

DBthrow: Piledriver to Boston Crab

UBthrow: King's Bridge

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dtilt could chain into itself trice. Maybe add spinning uppercut in the end to knock the opponent away?
I was thinking of making the Stagger Kick a Dtilt x3 , but didn't.
In that case I would've turned it into a Jab Like Dtilt: vA AA AAA (3-4% each), last kick sending them flying with low knockback, but no Uppercut at the end.
Not a bad idea with the Uppercut, though.

Some other good candidates for Fsmash would be Shoulder Tackle, Disgraceful Kick or Diving Body Press
I was thinking of using his Shoulder Tackle or Diving Body Press as a Dash Attack, but found the Running Exploder to be more gimmicky and awesome.
Disgraceful Kick would work really well as an Fsmash.

A, A, Grab: Head jammer

A, A, A, Grab: Suplex
Yet another idea I was thinking of :p
I found Jabs into Throws to be an upgraded version of Jab Cancel > Grab, though, which could possibly be very OP.

Dash grab = Ultimate Tackle (pummel = punches, Fthrow: Cross Arm Lock , Dthrow: Leg Cross Hold, Bthrow: Swing Away/Giant Swing, Uthrow: Flapjack)
This idea I love!
Didn't think of it at all.
I'd swtich Swing Away/Giant Swing for something else though, since I don't want the same throw on two different Grapple States.
Maybe the Boston Crab.
The Ultimate Tackle Throws would share the same input as his Normal Grab Throws, which wouldn't allow for Super Effective Refreshing of moves.

Pivot Grab
Pivot Grabs can't have special treats like its own set om throws :p

Zair = Aireal Jaguar Bomb (shakeable)
I like it.

DFthrow: Tombstone Piledriver

UFthrow: Executioner Drop

DBthrow: Piledriver to Boston Crab

UBthrow: King's Bridge
I like the idea, but I'm afraid adding additional inputs to a character's throws would give him/her a backback of "Fresh Throws".
Maybe if each diagonal throw shared the input of a regular throw.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Adding the thread to the main Tekken thread.

I should also make a Kuma thread. (That weird dream i had with Kuma fighting Palutena and Shulk was trippy as ****)

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I'd swtich Swing Away/Giant Swing for something else though, since I don't want the same throw on two different Grapple States.
Maybe replace it with something like the Mid-Air Leg Screw?

I like the idea, but I'm afraid adding additional inputs to a character's throws would give him/her a backback of "Fresh Throws".
We don't even know if move decay is something that will be kept in SSB4. But even if it is, that's a privilage King deserves anyway, don't you think? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom