• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone's Favorate Pink Psychic Pokemon! MEW..... is a Master Ball Pokémon this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Alright, I know this thread's probably going to be overshadowed by mewtwo, but whatever, THIS ONE'S THE ORIGINAL, BABY!

THE MEW THREAD

Alright, I'm going to say something *Flame Shield ON* ...I like mew better. yup.

SO, ANYWAYS. Mew could be considered the savior of pokemon, because of the increased sales and sparked more interest when he was discovered, and that... um... HE'S KINDA MORE IMPORTANT THAN MEWTWO!

...sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Anyways, Mew might play as a smaller, more agile version of mewtwo, but since he can learn ANY MOVE, his playstyle could be drastically different. or, they could pull a ganondorf and make him exactly the same as Mewtwo but a little faster. I would hope for the former if he actually got in.

Big 3 reasons why mew should get in smash eventually:

1. He saved Pokemon from ever getting past their first games
2. He was a character Sakuri considered for the first game, probably melee too.
3. He had a REALLY important role in the first pokemon movie we all know and love:[collapse=Mew's REALLY IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE MOVIE!!!]

LOOKIT HOW IMPORTANT THAT IS!!![/collapse]

MOVESETS:

- Slightly altered version of Mewtwo's moveset.
[collapse=legendofrob1's moveset]
I thought up a (specials only) moveset that's kinda good. [actual definitions of the move are like this]

UP B - Baton Pass: a sheik-like recovery. [The user switches places with a party Pokémon in waiting, passing along any stat changes.]
SIDE B - Trick: Mew swaps the opponent's item while doing light knockback and damage. if mew or the opponent doesn't have an item, only the knockback and damage will happen. [The user catches the target off guard and swaps its held item with its own.]
B - Me First: Mew counters opponent's move with the same move it did. [The user tries to cut ahead of the target to steal and use the target's intended move with greater power.]
DOWN B- Calm mind: Mew's strength and defense will increase for 30 seconds. [The user quietly focuses its mind and calms its spirit to raise its Sp. Atk and Sp. Def stats.]

Final Smash - Psychic: Mew uses his psychic powers and everyone within close range will freeze, then mew will send them flying in the direction input on the control stick/pad. [The target is hit by a strong telekinetic force. It may also reduce the target's Sp. Def stat.]
[/collapse]
Mew's Pokedex Entry (on Seribii)
SUPPORTERS

Toxicroaker
legendofrob1

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Where is your source about him being the one considered for smash 64? but I do really like the thought of mew getting in wayyyyyy..... more than pokemon trainer I mean they used gen 1 pokemon why not just put in a very important gen 1 pokemon that SAVED THE WHOLE SERIES!!!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Where is your source about him being the one considered for smash 64? but I do really like the thought of mew getting in wayyyyyy..... more than pokemon trainer I mean they used gen 1 pokemon why not just put in a very important gen 1 pokemon that SAVED THE WHOLE SERIES!!!
Here from 1:30 to about 2:12.

For the record, I also like Mew as a character more than Mewtwo. Personally, I think it would be cool to have him put in, but I get this feeling they're gonna keep him a Pokeball special just based on his rarity. He could be interesting though. I imagine him floating off the ground all the time.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
not THE one, he was also considered alongside mewtwo.
At around 1:50

EDIT: Ninja'd

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
"Everyone's favorite Psychic Pokemon" ? I think anyone whose a Mewtwo fan as much as I would say speak for yourself.

It is interesting though that Mew was at one point considered alongside Mewtwo. Would've rather had that than Pichu.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
"Everyone's favorite Psychic Pokemon" ? I think anyone whose a Mewtwo fan as much as I would say speak for yourself.

It is interesting though that Mew was at one point considered alongside Mewtwo. Would've rather had that than Pichu.
It was originally "Everyone's Favorite Psychic Pokemon (that isn't a clone)" but I removed the part about not being a clone because I thought people wouldn't take it literally and instead take it gameplay-wise. oh well, whatever.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mew is cute and Mewtwo is badass, I love em both equally

I'll just leave this here:

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't mind Mew at all. I was always a huge Mewtwo fan. After his Awakened Form was revealed, I immediately started praying for Zoroark. As a long time Pokemon fan I was actually offended by the horrible design they forced on Mewtwo. I don't want Majin Mewtwo. When he was first leaked everyone thought he was going to be Mewthree or something like that. That really disturbed me. Luckily he is merely a new form of Mewtwo. I still don't like it though. If Mewtwo returns I expect he will have that hideous 6th generation design. So I would much rather have Mew so I don't have to suffer through that ugly form.

I am a bigger Mewtwo fan. Always have been. But I am also a Mew fan at heart. So I would be really hyped if Mew made it. :colorful:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
What if I told you... Sakurai is considering Mewtwo for the next smash but in reality he's considering Mew to join alongside with Lucario? :lucario::151: OH GOD YES!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite psychic pokemon is reuniclus, then Alakazam

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My favorite Pink Psychic type is Slowpoke.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I missed the pink part...But reuniclus sort of has pink in one of his spheres

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My favorite pink Psychic type is Exeggcute.

That said, I already posted it on another thread, but there's a rumor that Mewtwo has more than 1 new forme (it was lumped in with the same rumor that predicted Fairy type, iirc), with the newer/not shown one making it resemble Mew more. Despite loving Mewtwo more, I fangasmed at the thought of an alt for both new formes, especially with the Mew-esque one being the closest thing to a playable Mew we'd ever get.

At this I'm really just wondering if they bring back Mew as that obligatory "rare" Pokeball Pokemon that may or may not hand you stuff. I'd prefer playable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My favourite pink psychic pokémon is Gardevoir. :troll:

Jokes aside, I think Mew will get the same pokéball treatment which is has received in the past two games.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It was originally "Everyone's Favorite Psychic Pokemon (that isn't a clone)" but I removed the part about not being a clone because I thought people wouldn't take it literally and instead take it gameplay-wise. oh well, whatever.
Well you're right about that much. People would've taken it gameplay-wise instead of literally.

What if I told you... Sakurai is considering Mewtwo for the next smash but in reality he's considering Mew to join alongside with Lucario? :lucario::151: OH GOD YES!
I would say you're crazy, given all that Mewtwo currently has going for him, not that I'm against a playable Mew.

My favourite pink psychic pokémon is Gardevoir. :troll:

Jokes aside, I think Mew will get the same pokéball treatment which is has received in the past two games.
Past three games... He was a pokeball in the N64 original as well.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
-Sakurai wants less clones.
-Tries his best to not cut any fighters.
-Sakurai is considering about Mewtwo but that word "considering" is little too bold that gives false hopes for viewers IMO. I don't think Mewtwo will gonna make it. All he said is “Oh man, not this again!” and then “We are thinking about it.”
-Mewtwo is going to get one more new form for PKMN X!!
-Sakurai could give up about this and think of Mew instead.
-There are few movies featuring Mew, one of them featured both Lucario and Mew.
-Mewtwo + Mew don't work out as much as Lucario + Mew.
-Lucario + Mewtwo also don't work out becuase Lucario would be a clone.

Yet you called me crazy.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You lost pretty much all credibility on this point alone. Besides having a somewhat similar energy ball special, they got like nothing in common as far as gameplay, unless Lucario somehow became a psychic yesterday. Kirby and Jigglypuff have a lot more in common in gameplay than Mewtwo and Lucario.

Yep, you're crazy.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Whoa whoa yeah technically it isn't, I see Mewtwo as different fighter. More would assume Lucario isn't a close if there was Mew instead of Mewtwo.

Should've mentioned that before...

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
I'm with this idea, and if both Mew and Mewtwo was in SSB64 I'd be very very happy. However, that won't happen because then the Pokémon Series would be filled with Generation 1 pokémon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mew unless if they make it 5 like melee had 5 Mario characters (DK and Yoshi don't count). But I'm not sure whether i'd prefer Mew over mewtwo in SSB4

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
-Sakurai wants less clones.
-Tries his best to not cut any fighters.
-Sakurai is considering about Mewtwo but that word "considering" is little too bold that gives false hopes for viewers IMO. I don't think Mewtwo will gonna make it. All he said is “Oh man, not this again!” and then “We are thinking about it.”
-Mewtwo is going to get one more new form for PKMN X!!
-Sakurai could give up about this and think of Mew instead.
-There are few movies featuring Mew, one of them featured both Lucario and Mew.
-Mewtwo + Mew don't work out as much as Lucario + Mew.

Yet you called me crazy.
Mewtwo is the clone, Mew is the original

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I thought up a (specials only) moveset that's kinda good. [actual definitions of the move are like this]

UP B - Baton Pass: a sheik-like recovery. [The user switches places with a party Pokémon in waiting, passing along any stat changes.]
SIDE B - Trick: Mew swaps the opponent's item while doing light knockback and damage. if mew or the opponent doesn't have an item, only the knockback and damage will happen. [The user catches the target off guard and swaps its held item with its own.]
B - Me First: Mew counters opponent's move with the same move it did. [The user tries to cut ahead of the target to steal and use the target's intended move with greater power.]
DOWN B- Calm mind: Mew's strength and defense will increase for 30 seconds. [The user quietly focuses its mind and calms its spirit to raise its Sp. Atk and Sp. Def stats.]

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice

It's a pretty good moveset
Here's mine:
Up Special-Elemental Punch- Uppercut-loike move which is similar to marth's and can either do fire electric or ice damage (reflecting different types of moves Mew can learn) Causes mew to become helpless.
Down Special-Teleport, works to Mewtwo's Teleport. Causes Mew to become helpless. or even better Barrier which works like Pit's down special in brawl.
Side Special- Agility, Similar to Falcon dive and Fox illusion, Mew dashes horizontally like fox illusion but a little slower and instead of going past the enemy, Mew grabs onto the opponent and then scrathes the opponent similarly to Koopa Klaw in melee. Low knockback. Causes Mew to become helpless.
Neutral Special - Hmm I was either thinking chargable Aura sphere/shadow ball or Hyponisis like Mewtwo's Down Special

It's kinda hard lol

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

While those moves fit pretty well with Mew's normally cute personality, maybe he should have at least one that's a bit more.. on the offensive? Kinda like DRM4R10's moveset I guess.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
While those moves fit pretty well with Mew's normally cute personality, maybe he should have at least one that's a bit more.. on the offensive? Kinda like DRM4R10's moveset I guess.
I knew I should have put in ancientpower somewhere. oh well.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people where thinking that Zoroark was going to be the next pokemon to take the place of Lucario in the next Smash Bros. It makes sense since it follows the pattern of putting a pokemon from the most recent generation in and also he is a bipedal pokemon, not to mention somewhat of a posterboy for black and white since he got a movie, but now that X and Y are coming out they will take the place for the most recent generation. Alot of people are also demanding Mewtwo to be put back in. So i'm thinking that they're going to make the best of both.
untitled.png

I think that the new form of Mewtwo will be put in the game with a similar move set as mewtwo from melee. Sakurai stated that he was thinkng about it.
See link for references: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34700

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
I always liked Mew more than Mewtwo. Probably because he seemed to be the 'underdog' in that popularity competition with his cuter aesthetics and lower stats. So hell yeah, I'd like to see him in the game.

Mewtwo with his spiffy new form is more likely though. Ideally, it would be cool to have them both so we could see them fight, but that's likely asking for too much.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mew the underdog in popularity? Depends on the places you go to I guess. From most of my experience it's been the other way around for the sole fact that it can learn any TM/HM/move tutor technique, which kinda often makes Mew overrated IMO.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, when I was a younger I was the only one I knew who liked Mew better.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I always liked Mew more than Mewtwo. Probably because he seemed to be the 'underdog' in that popularity competition with his cuter aesthetics and lower stats. So hell yeah, I'd like to see him in the game.

Mewtwo with his spiffy new form is more likely though. Ideally, it would be cool to have them both so we could see them fight, but that's likely asking for too much.
I far from hate mew but he is indeed a underdog..all his the all father pimp of all pokes afterall. Now...if you wanna know a poke i ****ing hate the most? Arceus...ugh should have neverrrr been invented RealTalk....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hated all Legends after Gen4...lost all intrest and respect..i dont even catch em on my first playthrough..

The best legends imo:
5 Birds
Mew
Mew2
RayQ
Eon Twinz

Very cool respectable tier

3 dogs/beasts
Deoxys
Jirachi
Celebi
Groudon
Kyorgre

**** the rest...

it does seem gen biased at uts best..but..boy...thats how it is RealTalk.

PS: I wanba see your lots lists.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
the designs of the legends and the pokes in general are going down down down...im sure ofc you all kbow that..but in X & Y its looking better suprisingly. Better than Gen5 & probaly 4.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Here's a moveset.
B: Infestation
A swarm of little bugs attack whatever is directly in front of Mew.
Side B: Power-Up Punch
A barrage of quick punches. Can be held forever. Each punch gets a little stronger every time a successful punch lands. Once you stop, the power is reset.
Up B: Fly
Quickly shoots upwards.
Down B: Water Pulse
A burst of water explodes from the ground.
Final Smash: Psychic
Everyone on the screen (except Mew) takes moderate damage and knockback. Has a cool psychic effect that replaces the background until the FS is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom