• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tomboy Princess of Osohe Castle: Kumatora

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

Kumatora, the sassy.
(Not sure what happened to the background of the image when resized in photobucket... but its kinda neat)
Oh another Earthbound/Mother 3 rep? I hear you say to your computer screen in a whiny nasally voice.

Kumatora the Tomboy Princess.

Bio- Kumatora the Princess of Osohe Castle, of Mother 3 (2006). She joins the party after getting her foot caught in a trap, and is seen holding a knife deciding if she should cut off her foot to escape. She often has the most to say (having I believe to be the most lines in the game), and is the main PK user of the party.

Playstyle:
In game she is described as being reckless, and strong.

Her weapons are gloves, (and also one single fake frying pan). So I imagine her fighting style along with the way she's describes she wouldn’t be a projectile PK user like Ness and Lucas are. She has gloves for a reason.
Movesets:
[collapse="Moveset by D3monicwolv3s"]
B- Pk Fire, instead of a projectile it produces two fire towers on both sides of her. Has a burning effect.
(Alternatively I was thinking a fire shield)

Side B- PK Freeze- Counter move. A shard of ice/sheet of ice appears instantly in front of kumatora. The opponent hurts themselves for the amount of damage they dealt, and then some. The ice shatters hurrting kumatora a bit too though. If the ice forms in a small hitbox over the opponent when forming they will be frozen for a moment. If used without an oppenent attacking you, you can punch it and ice shards will be sent flying to deal a small amount of damage.

UpB- Pk Thunder- Instead of the ball of energy that you control, the ball appears beneath her feet and explodes sending her spinning upwards. (ehhhh... not the best... but its something)

Down B- Pk Ground- Punches the ground, the ground has a breaking animation and enemies are sent flying, her strongest move.

A moves-
Her fists glow and are enhanced with magic (changing from fire, ice to electric visual effects surrounding her fists) she’s quite fast, and can rack up combos. If a string of combos are done her whole body will start to glow and deal slightly more damage briefly, maximum damage is achieved at 16 hits. If the combo is broken, you retain the extra power for a few seconds before you restart. (kinda playing off rhythm combo system were you deal extra damage every time you mash the B button to the enemy music when attacking... you could hit them up to 16 times, which would be hard to implement in smash).

Smash Attacks
Forward smash- Ice punch, Hand freezes into a sickle of ice and freezes the opponent for a few seconds when hit
Up Smash- Fire uppercut- Its a fire uppercut
Down smash- Thunder kick, all the power of thunder, and I guess lightning.

Final smash-
Star Storm - steals it back from Lucas, Ness gets PK Rocking, Lucas gets PK Love (some say that PK love is his A punch attacks... well that might be true but his final smash can be PK Love Omega) [/collapse]
[collapse="Moveset by Lightdasher"]
Specials -PK Thunder, PK Fire, PK Hypnosis and PK Ground (chargeable)

Up B, PK Thunder! It's like a bolt of Lightning, it can pass through enemies zapping them, it moves faster if you hold a direction, you can aim it much like Lucas' and Ness' but a lot more trickier, you can launch yourself as well if you hit yourself with it. If you just tap it, it acts similar to PK fire.
Basically, hold and aim, or tap and shoot.

[/collapse]

Alt costumes:

Violet/Yoshikoshi- Waitress disguise used in game.

Stage:
Osohe Castle

(Fan art but you get an idea. Will add a screenshots from the game later.)
Ghost in the background playing piano, another ghosts.

Theme:
I guess this song...(unless I find something else) maybe a remix?

Pros-
A female character with a unique personality
Could end up as a semi clone

Cons-
Small series
Competition with Claus
Competition with porky (if they could get him to work)
The game is getting older
In a japan only game

Her chances aren't high, but I believe she has a shot if female characters are specifically looked for... but I'd be
happy to see an assist trophy of her.

(Also, yeah there was a thread made a few weeks back for her, but with no effort from someone who hadn't played the game)​

Last edited:

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
ONE MONTH LATER
I APPRECIATE YOUR THREAD

Sorry, I'm kind of on my Mother 3 thing right now, and Kumatora's pretty awesome. She'd at least make a great assist trophy, like Jeff was in Brawl. The thing is, even getting just Jeff was a surprise considering how niche this series is, so I'd place some small bets on Kumatora becoming an AT.

But if she somehow got made into a character, hooooo buddy. It would totally make up for how terrible a stage NPC was.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
As a Mother/Earthbound fan, I support Kumatora. One of my favorite Mother 3 characters. It's unlikely, but I would definitely be happy to see her in.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind Kumatora but I rather the Masked Man be the next Mother 3 rep.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Most people who want a 3rd mother rep, like myself is good with anybody, this is no FE discussion since anyone will be well liked whoever it is. So I support BearTiger translation in Japanese, Kumatora.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
ONE MONTH LATER
I APPRECIATE YOUR THREAD

Sorry, I'm kind of on my Mother 3 thing right now, and Kumatora's pretty awesome. She'd at least make a great assist trophy, like Jeff was in Brawl. The thing is, even getting just Jeff was a surprise considering how niche this series is, so I'd place some small bets on Kumatora becoming an AT.

But if she somehow got made into a character, hooooo buddy. It would totally make up for how terrible a stage NPC was.
Haha thanks.

Yeah I'm hoping for at least an AT. I want to see her rendered in 3D along with hope of people becoming interested in the character.

I wouldn't mind Kumatora but I rather the Masked Man be the next Mother 3 rep.
Unrealistically I want both... I'd be happy with either though.

Most people who want a 3rd mother rep, like myself is good with anybody, this is no FE discussion since anyone will be well liked whoever it is. So I support BearTiger translation in Japanese, Kumatora.
Pretty much. I'd be disappointed in a few choices, but the majority of the characters I'd be happy to see.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
pretty cool for a female rep, as well as a mother rep.

but she's all the way down at #4 for most wanted MOTHER rep, though. under Porky, Ultimate Chimera and Masked Man.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
pretty cool for a female rep, as well as a mother rep.

but she's all the way down at #4 for most wanted MOTHER rep, though. under Porky, Ultimate Chimera and Masked Man.
... 4th? pffft. I think you're forgetting someone.
DRY GUY!

He dries those otherwise wet Asian beauties...

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Ahhh as a big fan i support Kumatora, even if she would end as a semiclone i would like to see her at least like a susprise addition, like wolf.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I have come to bump this topic and with related content too, as there being an existing thread already stops me from creating my own topic, I have a moveset drawn out, I've only animated one though as I'm also animating stuff for my Medli thread, But I can give you my moveset~

PK Thunder, PK Freeze, PK Hypnosis and PK Ground
PK Thunder acts more of a bolt than a ball, PK Freeze is the default B, acts like Lucas' B but faster, PK Hypnosis the side B and PK Ground is Down B, Down B and Default B can be charged and launch opponents into the air.

If used in the air, it shoots the ground up off the floor below her, leading to aerial combos if you time them right

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
That is a longass hoodie Kumatora wears

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I think Kumatora is.....
an ohsoe cool choice

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I have come to bump this topic and with related content too, as there being an existing thread already stops me from creating my own topic, I have a moveset drawn out, I've only animated one though as I'm also animating stuff for my Medli thread, But I can give you my moveset~

PK Thunder, PK Freeze, PK Hypnosis and PK Ground
PK Thunder acts more of a bolt than a ball, PK Freeze is the default B, acts like Lucas' B but faster, PK Hypnosis the side B and PK Ground is Down B, Down B and Default B can be charged and launch opponents into the air.

-snip-
-snip-

If used in the air, it shoots the ground up off the floor below her, leading to aerial combos if you time them right
Awesome. Want me to add it to the opening post?

Realized my idea for PK fire turned out to be a megaman attack. (one the smash attacks... I believe).

That is a longass hoodie Kumatora wears
All while being functional. Its a dress, its a hoodie, its also probably a rain pancho with matching rain boots. It does everything.

Last edited:

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Yeah sure, as long as my name is put somewhere, also I decided to switch around PK freeze and PK Fire. so now instead of B being "PK FREEEEZE PSHAH!" it's now...

Just to be different from Lucas and Ness' Smash moveset.
Nice. So it works just like PK Flash and PK Freeze?

Added. Might eventually collapse it like my moveset for space.

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
All of my yes. I'd take her over the shoddy clone that is Lucas any day - if you're going to make a clone character, at least make it someone who is a bit different in appearance than the other one.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Up B, PK Thunder! It's like a bolt of Lightning, it can pass through enemies zapping them, it moves faster if you hold a direction, you can aim it much like Lucas' and Ness' but a lot more trickier, you can launch yourself as well if you hit yourself with it. If you just tap it, it acts similar to PK fire.
Basically, hold and aim, or tap and shoot.

^Tap n' Shoot

^Hold n' Aim

Oh here's a side B for you too. PSI Hypnosis

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
If Lucas doesn't make it into Smash 4 then why not Kumatora? In Mother 3, Kumatora was a pretty awesome character and if any other Mother rep character could make it into the smash bros series, I can definitely see her making her way into the fray. As a little plus, that's one extra female character. In fact, I wouldn't mind even if Lucas and Kumatora are both in it (Ness is obviously going to be in it since he's part of the original 12)

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Oh hey, its the clay sculpture my brother made.
Glad to see at least one more Mother character thread. Fire Emblem has like 3 active threads. While Earthbound fans are like "Just here waiting for Ness confirmation".
Also, remember back in Brawl prediction times we had that cool Flint from Mother 3 support thread?.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Oh hey, its the clay sculpture my brother made.
Glad to see at least one more Mother character thread. Fire Emblem has like 3 active threads. While Earthbound fans are like "Just here waiting for Ness confirmation".
Also, remember back in Brawl prediction times we had that cool Flint from Mother 3 support thread?.
Your brother made it? I thought it was official. =x Think I pulled it from the wikipedia.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. There isn't much to talk about. Like you said everyone is waiting for a character announcement. The Ninten thread used to be pretty active, but I'm sure custom moveset announcement didn't help there. I'm sure the porky and claus threads will pick up more when we get an earthbound character. But the game is about to be released in September so that doesn't aspire a lot of hope for an earthbound newcomer.

I sorta remember that. I don't get why people are always bringing him up over main characters. haha

Hong

The Strongest
To be fair, as Mother fans, the ride is over. We've had 3 games. For all intents and purposes, Mother is dead to Nintendo as a product. We got off the rollercoaster of fun, humour and heartrending storytelling, and now we can just sit on the park bench together recalling the memories.

Fire Emblem fans meanwhile started back in 1990, a year after Mother, and even if you put remakes aside there have been over three times as many games. While 90% of Fire Emblem's cast are just generic fantasy anime characters compared to the quirky folks in the Mother universe, there is still more variety among that 10%, as far as gameplay function is concerned.

Don't get me wrong. I know that you know the reasons why that is. This is just me venting on the subject. Mother is way more important to me than Fire Emblem, I'd have to say my expectations have been set low from the beginning. For example, I much rather have had Ninten with his own moves instead of the middleman Ninten 2.0 and a cost of PSI that he has no business using back with Smash 64. Could I have it my way, I would just have Ninten and let you switch to Ness and Lucas via outfit, then give us a proper second representative of the series like Kumatora. What is even worse is Lucas, bless his heart, just feels like a patched Ness.

In any event, Mother turns 25 on July 27, and Mother 2 turns 20 on August 27. Nintendo isn't unaware; in celebration, there will be a line of figurines coming out in October to commemorate the event. While I immensely doubt we would be blessed with Kumatora, there is a good chance we'll get something Mother-related either this month or next month during the direct.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
There is a Mother 4 fan project to be excited about though.

http://www.mother4game.com/

Mother is an amazing franchise with lots of adoring fans and this is PROOF of how much you all rock. I quite like the series myself and played Earthbound and Mother 3.. Need to play the original still but its awesome

Hong

The Strongest
Mother is an amazing franchise with lots of adoring fans and this is PROOF of how much you all rock.
Not to brag, but I'd have to agree ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Was wearing my Starman hoodie while I went shopping and someone calls out to me "IS THAT EARTHBOUND?"

Discussion ensued for roughly an hour. It really impressed me because this fellow was still in their teens. Always pleases me to see youthful gamers showing proper respect for the classics.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
To be fair, as Mother fans, the ride is over. We've had 3 games. For all intents and purposes, Mother is dead to Nintendo as a product. We got off the rollercoaster of fun, humour and heartrending storytelling, and now we can just sit on the park bench together recalling the memories.

Fire Emblem fans meanwhile started back in 1990, a year after Mother, and even if you put remakes aside there have been over three times as many games. While 90% of Fire Emblem's cast are just generic fantasy anime characters compared to the quirky folks in the Mother universe, there is still more variety among that 10%, as far as gameplay function is concerned.

Don't get me wrong. I know that you know the reasons why that is. This is just me venting on the subject. Mother is way more important to me than Fire Emblem, I'd have to say my expectations have been set low from the beginning. For example, I much rather have had Ninten with his own moves instead of the middleman Ninten 2.0 and a cost of PSI that he has no business using back with Smash 64. Could I have it my way, I would just have Ninten and let you switch to Ness and Lucas via outfit, then give us a proper second representative of the series like Kumatora. What is even worse is Lucas, bless his heart, just feels like a patched Ness.

In any event, Mother turns 25 on July 27, and Mother 2 turns 20 on August 27. Nintendo isn't unaware; in celebration, there will be a line of figurines coming out in October to commemorate the event. While I immensely doubt we would be blessed with Kumatora, there is a good chance we'll get something Mother-related either this month or next month during the direct.
Actually, almost every character in FE: Awakening had a unique and interesting storyline/personality... I don't think any of them are really generic... That's just my opinion.

Anyway, Kumatora is really great. I'd be cool with her joining alongside Ness and Lucas or even replacing Lucas, honestly.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Not to brag, but I'd have to agree ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Was wearing my Starman hoodie while I went shopping and someone calls out to me "IS THAT EARTHBOUND?"

Discussion ensued for roughly an hour. It really impressed me because this fellow was still in their teens. Always pleases me to see youthful gamers showing proper respect for the classics.
Starman hoodie. Now thats rockin, also I love when younger people know of the classics, especially the more obscure ones.

I almost never find anyone to discuss Ogre Battle with on the other hand no matter peoples age :p

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, almost every character in FE: Awakening had a unique and interesting storyline/personality... I don't think any of them are really generic... That's just my opinion.
Oh, I agree. i meant more along the lines of superficial details.

You can pull out a screenshot of any Mother game, show it to someone, and they'll be asking what you are even on.:happysheep:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

You can pull out a screenshot of any Mother game, show it to someone, and they'll be asking what you are even on.:happysheep:
Haha true. especially with some of the enemies you fight :p

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Yeah, that's true. Mother games tend to include some... Interesting details to say the least.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Oh neat. Didn't know there were figures coming out. I've been holding out hope that maybe the mother 3 comment at e3 meant something. Thinking that the ness/lucas figure could include a download of the game. Like that would happen. haha

We'll probably get a picture of the Franklin Badge, or a Mr. Saturn which we've already seen. =x

Hong

The Strongest
:) Totally okay with a Mr. Saturn POTD. He's so cute.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I think that Porky would be the most realistic newcomer for the Mother series (as well as the one I'd prefer).

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Hm, I think that Porky would be the most realistic newcomer for the Mother series (as well as the one I'd prefer).
I think its between him and Claus, but realistically at this point...not sure we are even getting a newcomer.
All the new characters so far are recent. No new retro characters and no inactive series have gotten any kind of attention.

I guess they could have a cool video of Ness and Lucas fighting Porky/Claus tomorrow. But I don't think we'll be that lucky.

I just want Claus, Porky and Kumatora to appear in some capacity. Assist/boss something.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Kumatora would be great for smash bros, I was voting for her as soon as I started playing at her in Mother 3.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Oh wonderful someone made this.
Can I just say that even though I have never played a Mother game I would love Kumatora to be in smash. She seems like a really likeable character from first impressions (badass tomboy princess. I fail to see how thats not awesome) and she could easily either replace Lucas or fight alongside him.
I just hope that her specials will be less gimmicky and easier to use (i liked PK fire and I used PK thunder to get the smash ball with Lucas but I would like something a bit more along the lines of D3monicWolv3s moveset)

Top Bottom