• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replacing those damn Landmasters (Oh, and Triforce Slash and PK Starstorm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't mind clones as much as most people but the cloned Final Smashes are something I don't like. The Final Smash is supposed to be the character at their full and unique power. Falco used a machine he openly hates, Wolf uses one that never existed and Ness & Lucas never had that attack.

Here's wot I think.

Falco: Prefer the Air

Falco is the ace pilot of the Star Fox crew and his FS should reflect that. Falco jumps into an Arwing and the game then briefly controls like Star Fox 64 with Falco shooting the stage and firing up to 3 Smart Bombs.

Wolf: Wolf Pack

The term "lone wolf" doesn't refer to the whole species. Wolf calls in Leon and Panther to strike the Stage with Wolfen fire. He can move and attack freely while the attack is in motion but the lasers do little knock back to compensate, meaning Wolf has to be aggressive.

Ness: PK Starstorm

Hey, he stole the rest of his powers, why should this one be different? I'd combine Ness's fan pattern with the random order of Lucas's one to get the best of both worlds

Lucas: PK Love

It baffled me of how important this power was to the story but didn't appear in Smash at all. It acts like a supped up version of PK Flash/Freeze but doesn't disappear when it hits walls or when Lucas is hit. Instead it explodes for massive knockback.

Toon Link: Ballad of Gales

The Wind Waker has more importance than just being a taunt. Link plays the song and summons a giant tondado that moves slowly in the direction he's facing.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Well Ness could use PK rocking for his final smash, and Lucas could keep starstorm and trade out a B move for PK love.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why would Ness keep PK Starstorm when he has a signature move called PSI ROCKIN.

That move would work a lot more for his final smash.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I'm not exactly sure how PK Rockin' would work for Ness. In Earthbound it's visualized by a bunch of colors just flying across the screen.

I guess they'd have to get creative.

Phonz

Smash Cadet
While we are on the subject of Final Smash I think it would be much more interesting as a super meter type move that doesn't really guarantee a KO but would allow you to perform a special combo by doing a button input after activated and would lead to the opponent gaining a high percent you would only be able to use this once per battle?, stock? And this way it could appease casuals and competitive players

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Aura Storm, Triple Finish, and Puff Up aren't actual Pokemon moves either, so you could say that Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, and Jigglypuff need to get a Final Smash move that's based on an actual RPG move.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd argue with Triple finish as it's made of 3 RPG attacks but Jiggly puff needs a different Final Smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
K. Rool shoudld have a bomb barrage from his ship, Bowser should use the Koopa Klown Car, Mario needs something new, Luigi should use the Poltergust if he doesn't have it in his moveset already, Peach also needs a new one.

I agree with Falco and Wolf, however I don't know much about Ness or Lucas.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Peach's final smash should be the Vibe Sceptor or the Peach Beam from the first Paper Mario.

Mario's can be the Mega Mushroom.

Luigi's could be summoning one of Mr. L's (his) mechs.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Aura Storm, Triple Finish, and Puff Up aren't actual Pokemon moves either, so you could say that Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, and Jigglypuff need to get a Final Smash move that's based on an actual RPG move.
Triple Finish is based on the games. Squirtle uses Hydro Pump, Ivysaur uses Solar Beam, and Charizard uses Fire Blast, it's just combined to create the chaos that the final smash is. Though it could be interesting to have each individual Pokémon have a unique FS, it'd have to be in low priority in the working process.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Make Ganondorf's FS a transformation into Ganon Beast that is playable like Ganon in Ocarina has two swords a nice moveset and playable for a limited time just like Giga Bowser.

Now add multiple FS (more than one person can get a FS at once)

Finally custom options such as infinite FS time.

Giga Bowser Vs Ganon Beast on Hyrule Temple!
:)

Enough said !

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Personally, I think it may have to do with the "four move limit" for Pokemon. Sort of.

For example, Pikachu has Agility, Skull Bash, Thunder, Volt Tackle, and "Thunder Jolt," which is not a move in the RPGs (it is, however, from the TCG).
Jigglypuff has Sing, Rollout, Rest, and Pound. "Puff Up," in turn, was made up, but focuses on the "balloon" aspect.
The Brawl Trainer's Pokemon each have three moves from the games, plus a composite fourth move for the Final Smash (being Hydro Pump, Solar Beam, and Fire Blast).
Lucario has Aura Sphere, ExtremeSpeed, Double Team, and Force Palm, with Aura Storm being made for Smash, but makes sense as a move itself.

I'm willing to bet that Mewtwo's Final Smash would have been made up, provided that this theory holds true. Unless, of course, one of his other Specials got replaced by an original move.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Or Mewtwo's Final Smash is his transformation.

Mario and Luigi both had different Final Smashes as did Falcon and Ganondorf so it's totally possible for other Final Smashes to be decloned.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
For Ness, he could yell "PK... Rockin!!!" and then the same bunch of colors that appeared in Earthbound zoom in from the background.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
What about Zelda and Sheik? I guess sheik doesn't have much to work with.
ZSS should have something more than just "putting on her clothes" :smirk:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I don't mind clones as much as most people but the cloned Final Smashes are something I don't like. The Final Smash is supposed to be the character at their full and unique power. Falco used a machine he openly hates, Wolf uses one that never existed and Ness & Lucas never had that attack.

Here's wot I think.

Falco: Prefer the Air

Falco is the ace pilot of the Star Fox crew and his FS should reflect that. Falco jumps into an Arwing and the game then briefly controls like Star Fox 64 with Falco shooting the stage and firing up to 3 Smart Bombs.

Wolf: Wolf Pack

The term "lone wolf" doesn't refer to the whole species. Wolf calls in Leon and Panther to strike the Stage with Wolfen fire. He can move and attack freely while the attack is in motion but the lasers do little knock back to compensate, meaning Wolf has to be aggressive.

Ness: PK Starstorm

Hey, he stole the rest of his powers, why should this one be different? I'd combine Ness's fan pattern with the random order of Lucas's one to get the best of both worlds

Lucas: PK Love

It baffled me of how important this power was to the story but didn't appear in Smash at all. It acts like a supped up version of PK Flash/Freeze but doesn't disappear when it hits walls or when Lucas is hit. Instead it explodes for massive knockback.

Toon Link: Ballad of Gales

The Wind Waker has more importance than just being a taunt. Link plays the song and summons a giant tondado that moves slowly in the direction he's facing.
These are all great suggestions, though I doubt they'd happen :(

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I guess I'll just lay down my ideas for FS of most characters...

Mario: The Mega Mushroom. Mario hits a question block as this humongous mushroom pops out and hits him, as he grows to a giant size. He has no attacks besides stomping and jumping.

Peach: Although I'd personally like Psych Bomb from Super Mario RPG, I think the Rage Vibe would work rather well. Two bursts of flame: One to start, and one to end, and in between she's a untouchable empress of fiery anger.

Toon Link: Ballad of Gales. As said before, he plays a tune as a huge cyclone barges in behind him and whisks everybody away.

I may make more later.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
I think as long as the character has a unique FS(Mario, Peach, etc) it doesn't need to be changed.
I don't get what's with everyone trying to make characters in Smash have abilities directly from their game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kind of wished that Mario Finale was more like the Super Fire in Mario RPG. Where you spam the B button for a certain amount of time and shoot out giant Fire Balls. I feel like that would be cool. Since Mario's Final Smash should be associated with fire in some fashion.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I thought Psi Rockin' was originally PK Love in Japan, but they changed the name on localization...in any case, you could have given the attack any name you wanted because it's based on your favorite thing when you answer a questionnaire in the beginning. That's why they went with PK Starstorm. I wouldn't mind if Ness kept that and Lucas had PK Ground though.

Falco should definitely get an Arwing for his Final Smash. Wolf...maybe a Wolfen, but have it work differently from Falco's Arwing. No comment on Link and Toon Link's Final Smashes because I've only played through Phantom Hourglass and in the process of Four Swords Anniversary.

In regards to Pokemon only having four moves from the games...this is Smash Bros. They don't need the same restrictions. Maybe change Jigglypuff's Final Smash to Dazzling Beam or Moonblast to reflect its Fairy typing. Mewtwo should turn into one of its Mega evolutions...or Psystrike. I was fine with Pokemon Trainer having Triple Finish though.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Triple finish is appropriate considering triple battles are a thing now.

I totally agree about PK rockin' though. I was thinking that the background of the stage would change to the tripped out earthbound aesthetics and a giant elongated trapezoid would burst from Ness blasting anyone that it hits. Something like a super version of Lucas's up smash, but with more coverage.

I think it would be hilarious if Tink's FS was to summon a giant flock of flying chickens. Probably not the best representation of the character but it sure would be awesome.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Sakurai didn't seem to bother to change Toon Link at all so far. That's disappointing. There's a chance he won't for the Final Smash... even worse, all Final Smashes.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Ike had a fabricated Final Smash too. There was never a "Great Aether" in any Fire Emblem games. It's only a juiced-up version of the Aether ability, which is used as an Up Special.

Well, with the ideas in the OP, those would serve to individualize the clones/semi-clones, especially for Toon Link. If interchangeable moves ends up being a custom feature, then this idea is reinforced. Although I'm not sure how many Final Smashes they can make for certain characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Toon Link should definitely use the Wind Waker as a final Smash. You'd think summoning Tornadoes would be interesting enough to use. But for some reason, I doubt that we'll see Toon Link get a new Final Smash.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I can see PK Rockin' being a huge explosion. Instead of raining stars, just have one big blast.

Toon Link's should be the Ballad of Gales. Controlling a tornado sounds like fun!

Falco's should be an airstrike with the Arwing. He prefers the air, so he should show that!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Am I the only one for Toon Link having his FS as his Great Spin Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom