• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Giga Bowser remain playable or return as a Boss character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I noticed through years of gameplay in Smash Bros. Brawl about Bowser's Final Smash.. Bowser is one of my main characters and has a great Final Smash but when I think back to the Melee version of Giga Bowser, it had better animation movements.

What I don't like about the Brawl version of Giga Bowser is it don't have any knockback animations and just seem
more like a unrealistic/broken character and is to overpowered and the time you have playing as Bowser's Final Smash is to short and feels like I'm just playing as a Action Replay Max version of Giga Bowser which takes away the fun and experience from Bowser's Final Smash.

What's your opinion?

Should Giga Bowser remain playable or return to his original Boss state?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I had much more fun battling Giga Bowser in both Adventure Mode and Event 51 than I did controlling him for a few measly seconds during Brawl. I'd be more than happy to see him return to his former role. Bowser can easily pick up his Clown Car or something from Bowser's Inside Story as a new Final Smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think using that as a Final Smash for Bowser was kinda lazy. I'd much rather see like a Koopa barrage of bob-ombs being thrown by Bowser from his copter.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I had much more fun battling Giga Bowser in both Adventure Mode and Event 51 than I did controlling him for a few measly seconds during Brawl. I'd be more than happy to see him return to his former role. Bowser can easily pick up his Clown Car or something from Bowser's Inside Story as a new Final Smash.
What's even more strange is Wario's Final Smash last a lot longer then Bowser's Final Smash and Wario's Final Smash is more overpowered.

The Clown Car would be a good choice and it's way more iconic but I would rather have Giga Bowser as Bowser's Final Smash if they gave it better animation movements.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I like it better when he wasn't playable... *glares at Giga Bowser hack for basic brawls* Granted, I love Bowser, but it just didn't seem that fun to me using him. Replace Bowser's FS with him either in one of his airships or Koopa Klown Car and throwing minions all over the place, as well as breathing fire on his opponents.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Am I the only one that don't want the clown car as his final smash?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd rather give Bowser a final smash that's actually tied to the Mario games. Actually, I'd rather that most characters get a final smash that's tied to their actual games. Kirby and Pokémon Trainer are good examples of how to properly make a final smash, Bowser, Mario and Peach are examples of how not to do it imo. That's just nitpicking though.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'd rather give Bowser a final smash that's actually tied to the Mario games. Actually, I'd rather that most characters get a final smash that's tied to their actual games. Kirby and Pokémon Trainer are good examples of how to properly make a final smash, Bowser, Mario and Peach are examples of how not to do it imo. That's just nitpicking though.
While Giga bowser itself is from smash, it could be compared to Bowser turning into a giant which he does in a lot of mario games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If not Bowser's Final Smash, at least make Giga Bowser unique in that he'd be the only Super Smash Bros. franchise character to be playable.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'd no longer give two ****s about Bowser Jr getting in then if that were to be the case with Giga.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think Sakurai should introduce a 2nd final smash to characters so you can have the option to use the giga bowser one or his new final smash.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I just want Giga as a boss. It's way funner to play against a freaking GIANT than to pla y as him for a short period.

D

Deleted member

If Giga Bowser was made into a legitimate playable character like Melee may have planned, then no one can complain about Ridley no matter what size he is. :p

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
If not Bowser's Final Smash, at least make Giga Bowser unique in that he'd be the only Super Smash Bros. franchise character to be playable.
What I like about Melee is back then Giga Bowser was a unique boss because unlike Master Hand and Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser had knockback animations and could fall from the stage which made Giga Bowser relate to the playable characters.
I think Sakurai should introduce a 2nd final smash to characters so you can have the option to use the giga bowser one or his new final smash.
That would make things better but I would rather Sakurai save space on the disk for more Characters, Music or Stages over adding two Final Smashes for one character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A full playable Giga Bowser would be sick, then again, I'd rather have him as a boss.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
He could be both. He would only be playable in Special Brawl online matches and regular versus mode. Maybe even classic mode.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Giga Bowser could be a start of a new archtype; Giants.
These characters are much bigger than the rest of the cast, and have resistance to all grabs and grab-based attacks. They also take a bunch of damage before they can be flung decently off the stage and are flinch resistant at low damage.
As a downside, they are typically on the slow side and they are rather big targets.

Also as consequence, some stages prohibit the usage of Giants and certain Special game modes also prohibit their usage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm just gonna get on board with the idea of secondary FSes. I really liked when SSF4 added secondary Ultras, so I think it'd add some nice flavor.

I might just make a thread on that...

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Giga Bowser could be a start of a new archtype; Giants.
These characters are much bigger than the rest of the cast, and have resistance to all grabs and grab-based attacks. They also take a bunch of damage before they can be flung decently off the stage and are flinch resistant at low damage.
As a downside, they are typically on the slow side and they are rather big targets.

I just remembered that Bowser's Final Smash does take up almost every stage especially if you play on Giant Brawl and sometimes I even have to use Stage Builder just to create a wider stage for Bowser's Final Smash alone.

Also as consequence, some stages prohibit the usage of Giants and certain Special game modes also prohibit their usage.
This could have been avoided if Sakurai originally added stages from the Subspace Emissary because the Subspace had amazing stage locations for Boss characters and playable characters.
Giga Bowser would be a lot better then a Primmid. I wouldn't mind primmid
The Primids are interesting and are stronger then most of the playable characters on Intense but Primids would fit better as Assist Trophies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He could be both. He would only be playable in Special Brawl online matches and regular versus mode. Maybe even classic mode.
Frankly, I just think that if Giga Bowser would be made to be playable as a separate entity, he'd be restricted to Group Mode battles only, or more appropriately, a Special Brawl feature.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I choose a Boss - Also to the OP add a poll thats how your gonna get **** cracking.
He can still be playable and be a boss you know. The only thing is that Giga Bowser would only be playable in certain modes. So he wouldn't be playable in story, boss rush, regular online matches, etc.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He can still be playable and be a boss you know. The only thing is that Giga Bowser would only be playable in certain modes. So he wouldn't be playable in story, boss rush, regular online matches, etc.
That wouldnt seem so weired also they gotta have a crazt hard boss at the end of classic and adventure above normal difficulty without using a continue.

Crazy Hand was sick.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
*I* think there should be a story element where some mysterious hooded sorcerer (Kamek) is going around magically turning characters into feral Giga forms and siccing them onto each other. Giga Bowser would be the first one the player sees in story mode.

I would love, love, love to see Giga Peach and Giga Jigglypuff.

And then there could be an item with the same rarity as the Smash Orb that can be acquired to turn your character into its Giga form briefly.

Awesome.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Imagine if giga bowser plays a role in the story that would be cool, really intresting.

*I* think there should be a story element where some mysterious hooded sorcerer (Kamek) is going around magically turning characters into feral Giga forms and siccing them onto each other. Giga Bowser would be the first one the player sees in story mode.

I would love, love, love to see Giga Peach and Giga Jigglypuff.

And then there could be an item with the same rarity as the Smash Orb that can be acquired to turn your character into its Giga form briefly.

Awesome.
That sounds cool and all i like your style but like...would Ridley not be able to have a giant form due to Disc space/memory or?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
That sounds cool and all i like your style but like...would Ridley not be able to have a giant form due to Disc space/memory or?

Ridley's Giga form is unique because he actually SHRINKS, compressing all that badass into a tiny package of death.

D

Deleted member

Ridley's Giga form is unique because he actually SHRINKS, compressing all that badass into a tiny package of death.
That's not unique.
Freiza did it long before. :troll:
And there may have been other examples before Freiza. :laugh:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Same ol' Ridley jokes aside, I would like to see that kind of Giga mode. Of course, there could also be an extra online mode where people can play as bosses, but doubt that'll happen.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I choose a Boss - Also to the OP add a poll thats how your gonna get **** cracking.
I did see the poll option before I finished the thread but I don't think I can because I just read the Smashboards Question Thread! Ask Site-Related Questions here! (SB Staff Answers Preferred!) and one of the Administrators said that only Moderators and Premium Members can make polls.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Both but I think they could be a bit more imaginative with Bowsers final smash so I'd be happy if he's just a boss.
That fight against M2, G'dorf and Giga was very fun and challenging back in the day. Challenging boss fights like that were sorely missed in Brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I honestly wish he'd just be a boss, and that they'd use the Brawl boss design less often. Bowser has so many more potential final smashes than that, considering his gaming repertoire is damn near in the millions.

Seriously.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But ever since Giga Bowser was made playable to some extent in Brawl, it would be an insult to make him non-playable again. Surely he can be restricted to being only playable in the Group Mode's Special Brawl features.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Am I the only one that don't want the clown car as his final smash?
Nope. I don't want it either. I'd rather that go to Bowser Jr. (should he become playable), who's more closely associated with using vehicles and machines in combat.

As much as I couldn't wait to play as Giga Bowser in the Americas on December 3rd, it was much more fun to fight against him in Melee. As a Final Smash, Giga Bowser was very underpowered.
You couldn't do that in Brawl.

If Bowser gets a new Final Smash, I'd like it to be in a similar vein: growing to a massive size, since Bowser does that all the time in the Mario games. But not as an underpowered Giga Bowser. He could become a stage-sized giant like in Super Mario Galaxy, and float behind the stage while the player uses button inputs to make him attack by breathing fire or slamming his fist onto the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom