• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's Parrot - the Squawks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The Squawks Support Thread
Squawks is THE MOST occurring animal buddy in the donkey Kong games with 10 game appearances (Rambi is in only two less games). Squawks has had major roles in specifically Donkey Kong Country 2 where he alone had to fight King Zing, as well as defeat the semi-final boss in a race before Diddy and Dixie could fight K.Rool. I honestly wouldn't mind an entirely squawks game where all the gameplay was like his levels in Donkey Kong country 2.
ABILITIES
Squawks has some unique moves that only he can perform, he can shoot chestnuts from his beak, and has a very, VERY bright flashlight. also, as a parrot, squawks has the ability to fly (obviously). A different colored Parrot similar to Squawks can pick up and throw Barrels in DKC3.
APPEARANCES:
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
Donkey Kong Land 3 (GB)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (Wii)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
SQUAWKS IN ACTION!
but really, I'd buy a game based off squawks' gameplay
MOVESETS
[collapse=legendofrob1's moveset]
I imagine Squawks as a mostly aerial character, with a light weight, weak ground attacks, but devastating aerial blows. also, squawks has multiple jumps.

SMASHES
Up: Squawks pecks straight up. moderate knockback.
Side: Squawks pecks left, doing a considerable amount of knockback.
Down: Squawks crouches and stretches his wings, dealing low knockback to both sides.

AERIALS
Up: Squawks pecks upward. nothing too special.
Front: Squawks slams his beak down with considerable amount of force, doing a meteor smash.
Neutral: Squawks spins, his wings extended, hits on all sides.
Back: Squawks turns halfway and scratches "behind him" with his talons.
Down: Squawks furiously swipes with his talons.

SPECIALS
Up: Fly - Squawks furiously flaps his wings to gain altitude. may attack when move is finished.
Neutral: Chestnut Shot - Squawks Fires a chestnut from his beak, arching slightly down off-screen. the nut breaks when it hits anything, including platforms, walls and players.
Side: Spotlight - Squawks shines his light directly in front, temporarily stunning the opponent, similar to the deku nut's effect in Brawl. the light shines in a front-downwards diagonal while airborne.
Down: Barrel toss - Squawks tosses a barrel from his talons, has a 50% chance of dropping a banana peel, and a 10% chance of exploding. rolls forward while on the ground, but plummets down when airborne.

Final Smash:
Animal Army: Squawks sends in all the animal buddies from DKC to help. this includes Rambi, Expresso, Rattly, Ellie, Winky and even Clapper.

[/collapse]
SUPPORTERS
Legendofrob1​
FireEmblemnier​
Banjodorf​
SIG

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Could be an assist trophy, but chances are pretty low he could make character status. Honestly as a not donkey kong fan, this is the first time I've even ever heard of squawks meaning that he has literally no popularity. So I guess maybe if this was super smash bros donkey kong edition he could make it but other than that no...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Could be an assist trophy, but chances are pretty low he could make character status. Honestly as a not donkey kong fan, this is the first time I've even ever heard of squawks meaning that he has literally no popularity. So I guess maybe if this was super smash bros donkey kong edition he could make it but other than that no...
the way I see it, squawks has potential. not as a character in smash, but as it's own game. if that happens, he should be high up in probibility in smash. but seeing how unlikely that is, he's probably not getting in ssb4. or even ssb5. but I can hope!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I love Squawks... Would be happy enough if he even became a part of one of DK's moves like the FLUDD did with Mario.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I love Squawks... Would be happy enough if he even became a part of one of DK's moves like the FLUDD did with Mario.
would make more sence with diddy... OR DIXIE!!1 man, that's a good idea.

also, I added a sig to the post.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, on any kong Squawks would fit really.

And nice sig image.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I always imagined the animal buddies as an item or Assist Trophy. Having one be playable would be interesting, I guess.

I didn't know Squawks carried a flashlight with him. I've only played the GBC version of the Torchlight Trouble level, so Squawks would just glow bright green. I assumed he was bio-luminescent or something.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Cool move-set, people will probably say squawks is too small so I would say it's about the size of kirby, but not the shape. it will be floating where standing and it's height in the air would be about same height from Mario's head.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I always imagined the animal buddies as an item or Assist Trophy. Having one be playable would be interesting, I guess.

I didn't know Squawks carried a flashlight with him. I've only played the GBC version of the Torchlight Trouble level, so Squawks would just glow bright green. I assumed he was bio-luminescent or something.
< there's the flashlight
/\

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Cool move-set, people will probably say squawks is too small so I would say it's about the size of kirby, but not the shape. it will be floating where standing and it's height in the air would be about same height from Mario's head.
I don't think that would be a problem, since he's just as big as diddy and dixie in DKC2

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Squawks might just be too epic for Smash. I don't know man, but there's just something about him.

Never even thought about half of these things and moveset potentials. Awesome! At the least, we should have Squawks and or Rambi and or Squitter as an AT. Enguarde might be a bit harder to add...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Squawks might just be too epic for Smash. I don't know man, but there's just something about him.

Never even thought about half of these things and moveset potentials. Awesome! At the least, we should have Squawks and or Rambi and or Squitter as an AT. Enguarde might be a bit harder to add...
what about the ostrich... Expresso.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
what about the ostrich... forgot his name.

Expresso. There's also Winky the Frog, Ellie the Elephant and Rattly the Snake (My personal favorite). The ones I mentioned are the most recurring and therefore I'd say the most likely to be ATs. Each of them also had a trophy in Brawl.Or they could be nice and just have an "Animal Buddy Stampede" assist trophy. PLEASE!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also I wish, we would could of gotten that Kong Racing game for the gamecube, it had chunky and all the other kongs.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
we could just have an animal crate item. that way we could have more of the animals.

Also, earlier today, I spent 2 hours working on an animal buddy thread, but it all got erased when I accidentally dropped a picture into the wrong spot. then I made this. no regrets.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually had an idea that if Cranky Kong ever got in, Squawks would follow him around and act as his Up Special.

Squawks is awesome.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
EDIT: Appologies for double post, but....

What would you guys think if Squawks got his own game either based off his levels of DKC2 and/or a gradius-style gameplay? I would buy that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lol, a bump where the previous post was just 3 days ago? :laugh:

It would be hilarious if Squawks would get his own game. Probably won't buy it though.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Lol, a bump where the previous post was just 3 days ago? :laugh:

It would be hilarious if Squawks would get his own game. Probably won't buy it though.
wait, there is a certain time when bumping is better? NOBODY TOLD ME THIS!

as for you buying the game, what if it was awesome? or 5$ on the e-shop. which would be awesome.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A bump should come when the last post is atleast a month old, I believe.

Yeah, I might buy it if the game was really good.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
A bump should come when the last post is atleast a month old, I believe.

Yeah, I might buy it if the game was really good.
a month old? oh. ...wait a minute...

what about the guy in the K Rool thread who bumped it after a day? :ohwell:

yeah, maybe it will come out if I get my dream job at Retro, lol

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In that case, we call it a double post. :p

So, instead of "Bump", you should have written "Apologies for double post, but...."

grizby2

Smash Lord
I think it was in the king Boo thread that someone said that characters that can fly almost perpetually would be seen as pretty awkward not being able to recover, but screw those guys! squawks is amazing~ id support him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom