• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Series Character Discussion

Which character do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slambros

Smash Ace
I was surprised to see that nobody has made this thread yet.

Thanks to Uprising, somebody from this series is going to be in the next smash. Palutena, Medusa, Magnus, Dark Pit, Hades, and Viridi are some of the choices!

Personally, I prefer Magnus, but Palutena has the most moveset potential.

In here, you can discuss these characters from the Kid Icarus series!
Enjoy Discussion!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm personally hoping for both Palutena and Medusa to make it in. Viridi could possibly be a last minute Palutena clone. And I see the likes of Magnus (and the Eggplant/Tempura wizards) becoming an assist trophy.

Hades could be a character too but I'm not betting on him.

But out of all of these. I think Palutena is the most likely of becomming playable

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Palutena as the newcomer with Dark Pit as an alt./EX version of Pit would be great.

By just appearing in the game somehow, Hades would be excellent, but if he made in as a playable character... it would be epic.

It would be neat if most of Uprising's cast appeared as a secret taunt of Pit, much like the Star Fox characters and Snake in the previous games.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like the idea of a Kid Icarus villain getting in, but I feel weird about including characters that are originally from Greek mythology... Obviously the series has remade them a bit, but it would still feel strange to me.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
I think Palutena would be the best, and maybe Magnus. They both have very different characteristics from Pit and the presumed roster, and they can easily be envisioned for Smash from what development they have in KIU.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Palutena seems like a shoe in, so I voted for Medusa since I want to see both.
I think Hades should be a boss and an assist.... but I'd like to see him playable at some point in the course of smash games. The others should just be assist trophies, and dark pit a costume.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Palutena all the way for me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Palutena before others. Then, I think Dark Pit would do. He's slowly growing on me. Then Medusa.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of a Kid Icarus villain getting in, but I feel weird about including characters that are originally from Greek mythology... Obviously the series has remade them a bit, but it would still feel strange to me.
Villains are no match... for Pyrrhon! Shazamatylam!

I'd be happy with any additions, but I think the most fun would come from interactions with Palutena, Hades or Viridi. I'd also like to see Phosphora in but I don't think the Wii U's processors are capable of handling that amount of flirting.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Villains are no match... for Pyrrhon! Shazamatylam!

I'd be happy with any additions, but I think the most fun would come from interactions with Palutena, Hades or Viridi. I'd also like to see Phosphora in but I don't think the Wii U's processors are capable of handling that amount of flirting.
... I just looked up KI's Pyrrhon. Huh. Well, take that, Greek history. Oh man, now I'm learning about Thanatos... wwwwooooowwww.

I wish I had a 3DS... Uprising seems super fun and the characters are pretty entertaining. Even if they turned the God of Death into a fish clown.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Medusa has, since first reveal, and always been the KI rep for me. There was a day actually when SHE WAS A MORE POPULAR CHOICE THAN PALUTENA. But once the game came out, all the suckers jumped bandwagon. I'm still here for you, Medusa darling

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
... I just looked up KI's Pyrrhon. Huh. Well, take that, Greek history. Oh man, now I'm learning about Thanatos... wwwwooooowwww.

I wish I had a 3DS... Uprising seems super fun and the characters are pretty entertaining. Even if they turned the God of Death into a fish clown.
Yeah Thanatos was a bit much...even for me.

Medusa didn't do much for me in Uprising, and I never played the originals so I have no opinion of her from those.

I'm just really hoping that Hades features in SSB4 in a speaking role. Playable or not, I want to hear that Alan Rickman-esque voice again.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Viridi's final smash would most likely be a reset bomb.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Palutena or Magnus will likely be playable. I honestly feel like Sakurai invented Magnus for the sole purpose of including him in Smash Bros.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
>Sakurai plays Halo
OH MEH GOAWD MASYSUHSY CHEF IN SMACH!!!!

>Sakurai talks about Sony
OH SHEHNGT KRATUS IN SMEXH!!!!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Another character could happen. The issue is that there isn't anyone beside Palutena who is well liked. Then again, information on the others is pretty limited.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think the likely thing is that Palutena will get in and nobody else unless there's a last-minute clone addition. Otherwise, I think KI fans will be left hoping for a villain in the next-next Smash Bros.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I didn't notice this thread? o.o Well then.

Palutena has the highest chance of being the 2nd KI rep, and I support her all the way. If other characters were to appear, they'd most likely be assist trophies or a regular trophy to collect. Alas, it's still early to say much.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think he means sword size. But yea, I mainly see Palutena first. As for the others, I don't see Dark Pit and Magnus likely much, the former for less. Phosphora does seem more of the combat type as well though less likely too. I rather not talk about Medusa and Hades for varying reasons. If there was to be a mystery KI appearance though that little of us would expect is Viridi. As some of us know, Sakurai does like Viridi quite a bit, and there's always that tiny chance that Sakurai would do that to surprise us. Of course, Palutena would most likely be the first of the KI reps if anything.
But that's just me imagining things.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm surprised how many people seem to expect a second Kid Icarus character. It's a very small series and Sakurai has always been careful not to appear self-serving. Maybe there will be one, but I think something like codec cameos would be a much more appropriate use of the Uprising characters.

Hong

The Strongest
At this point, the characters added have little to do with series popularity. Relevance helps, but I am not sure how many times he has to state that what matters most if whether or not the character can add something new or fun. Fan-service is already covered; popularity is no longer a concern.

I seriously doubt Magnus could offer anything that a more popular or fitting character couldn't. If they can think of something cool for Palutena that she will deliver best, then she will be in the game. If all the cool ideas that could be done with Palutena could be done better by someone else, especially if they are more important, than they will appear instead. Gameplay is what is most important. It is that simple.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
It may be a small series but it has some of the most fully developed characters on the slate, which makes them easier to like. Because they talk non-stop they seem more real than say, Mario, Yoshi, Link, Kirby...

The same is true of Star Fox and was probably contributory to the adding of Wolf after the series had effectively wound down.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm surprised how many people seem to expect a second Kid Icarus character. It's a very small series and Sakurai has always been careful not to appear self-serving. Maybe there will be one, but I think something like codec cameos would be a much more appropriate use of the Uprising characters.
I don't think it's really that small of a series. It sold over a million with its last game, and Pit was included as one of the main characters in the Smash 4 trailer. Aside from Bowser (who looked to repping villainy), it was the only series in their not from the original Smash. It has finally regained its place as one of Nintendo's premiere franchises.

That's not even mentioning the absolute masterpiece that is Uprising. A game you can replay over and over again. And that has an incredible story, dialogue, and characters, which lends to all the speculation. Not to mention smash bros development literally began right after the game was released.

I'm not expecting a second character 100%, but I wouldnt be surprised either.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I heard Metaknight got his own special rank at the top of the tier list.
I blame that more to poor play-testing rather than intentional favoritism. Taken from this Iwata Asks, on how Sakurai balanced Uprising:

For Smash Bros., rather than listening to the testers’ opinions, we watched videos of battles between the testers, studied their stats, tactics and traits, and determined the parameters then. Surprisingly, a lot of the times, the testers’ opinions are biased and it’s difficult to grasp the changes in the strength of the moves each day. This time, we wanted to draw out the opinions of the testers more correctly. But instead of simply swallowing whatever opinions arose, we tried first dividing into one-on-one and three-on-three teams and checking the opinions from each other’s point of view. For example, if a three-on-three team said, “This is too strong, so make it weaker,” a one-on-one team might say, “No, it has such-and-such an effect, and so you can’t weaken it.”
I can understand where he was coming from, but...Gah! :facepalm: Ignoring your play testers' input is just stupid. Hopefully the next game is better balanced by using Uprising's style.

Besides, if he was showing favoritism, how come Kirby is more or less as effective as Pichu in Melee?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I want both Palutena and Medusa. Both are important to the Kid Icarus series. They have been with the franchise since the beginning. It'd be cool to have the heroine and the villain facing off in Smash.

Hong

The Strongest
I just saw the anime. Would love to see Palutena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom