• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wielder of the Oraclos Chain: Aeron Enters the Fray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

This is Aeron (pronounced the same as "Aaron"), the protagonist of the Project Rainfall game, Pandora's Tower

AN OVERVIEW
Aeron is sent on an adventure after his lover, Elena, is afflicted with a curse that, if left untreated, will render her into a monster. After she is initially struck with the curse, Mavda, a member of a tribe called the Vestra, leads the two lovers to The Scar. The Scar is a giant chasm in the continent of Imperia, that was caused by an initially unknown event. Mavda takes them to an observatory outside of the chasm, and explains to Aeron, that the only way to save Elena and stop her from becoming a monster, is to venture into each of the 12 towers, each of which is suspended above the chasm. To delay the effects of the curse, Aeron must bring back Beast Flesh from the towers, which Elena must eat. (However, this is difficult for Elena to swallow (HA!) as she has never eaten meat in her life). Furthermore, in each tower lies one Master. The Master of each tower bears a different type of flesh, deemed "Master flesh". This flesh, instead of simply delaying the curse, corrects it more and more each time a new piece is eaten.

Before heading off to his ventures, Mavda gives Aeron a weapon sacred to the Vestra called the Oraclos Chain. This chain is the only viable way to extract the flesh Aeron needs from the several beasts he encounters in the towers, and can be deadly when used correctly. Along with its use as a weapon, the Oraclos Chain can be used to latch onto levers, rocks, and grapples which Aeron can swing back and forth on to reach new destinations.

AERON AND SMASH BROS
As I see it, Aeron (although I do like him quite a bit) is not all that likely to be included INITIALLY in the newest Smash Bros. game. However, he presents a play style that no other character could produce. Aeron could be a character dependent on the usage of the Oraclos Chain. He would have several moves based off of grabbing players with the chain in different ways, whether actually grabbing them, smacking them with it, or even tripping them with it. Based on the moveset I am currently making for him, I picture Aeron as a character with Special moves that aren't incredibly impressive, but these Special attacks work well if used correctly.

For some examples, in game, Aeron can charge the Oraclos Chain by pulling on it when he has an enemy in its grasp. This could be replicated in a Down B special, which would charge the chain (with or without grabbing first). Charging the chain would then make several of his smash attacks stronger than they usually would be. Another idea would be a tripping Special. Picture an opponent running away from you, and then being able to trip them with the Oraclos Chain before they can get away. Pretty cool gameplay mechanic eh?
MOVESETS:

Aeron’s Moveset

Specials:
Down B- Chain Charge
-The Oraclos Chain can be charged for several seconds until it reaches a max. The longer it is charged the stronger it becomes. However, after a few seconds, the charge will leave the chain, and will have to be recharged.
Side B- Sweep
-Aeron can sweep opponents with the Oraclos Chain, to prevent them from getting away or event o continue a combo. It is a ranged attack, but can be useful at close range as well.
Up B- Chain Grab
-Aeron, if recovering, swings the chain and can use it as a Tether recovery. When it is first used, Aeron gains a small amount of air, and then launches the chain towards the edge of the stage. If used on the ground. It is launched at a diagonal angle, and can grapple opponents to the ground for further beating.
Neutral B- Chain Grab
-Similar to Scorpion’s (Mortal Kombat) “Get Over Here!” type thing. Aeron sends the chain horizontally, and will yank the opponent he hits with it back towards him, keeping them in his grasp until they can break out of it.

Normal Attacks:
A-Weak attach with Aeron’s Sword
A, A- Weak attack with Sword combo’d with a second slash
A,A,A- Complete combo, finished off with a smack with the chain.
Side Tilt A- Aeron slashes his sword in a downward slicing motion, can hit opponents in the air if they are close enough.
Down tilt A- while kneeling, Aeron swings the Oraclos Chain at the feet of an opponent. Can sometimes trip.
Upward Tilt A- Aeron swings his sword upward in an arcing motion
Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A Aerial- Aeron swings the chain around him for a weak attack
Forward A Aerial- Aeron swipes forward with his sword
Upward A Aerial- Aeron swipes upward with his sword
Down A Aerial- Swipes downward with sword
Backward A Aerial- Aeron swings Sword behind him to swat at an opponent

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash- Hits twice, similar to Link double forward Smash. Aeron hits once with the sword, and then finishes with the Oraclos Chain for the second hit
Downward Smash- Aeron swings the Oraclos Chain around him in a sweeping motion
Upward Smash- Aeron launches the Oraclos Chain into the air directly above him. If he hits, he grabs the opponent, and slams them into the ground, which will inflict splash damage to other opponents near it

Dash attack- Aeron swipes in an upward motion with his sword. Similar to Ike’s dash attack.

Final Smash:
Aeron obtains the Smash Ball, and any opponents near him when it is activated, and linked together by the Oraclos Chain. While this is effective, Aeron can beat the living **** out of those he has binded. However, he cannot use the chain because it is binding the opponents together. As it finishes, the chain lets out an explosive blast that can send opponents flying

Grabs:
Aeron’s grabs are tether grabs, similar to Link’s Hookshot, but with more distance.
Pummel – Aeron knees the opponent
Forward Throw- Aeron lifts the opponent in the air, and slams them on the ground
Backward Throw- Similar to Mario’s spinning throw, Aeron spins the Opponent around twice and launches
Downward Throw- Aeron pulls them to the ground and stomps on the opponent
Upward Throw- Aeron throws his opponent in to the air directly above him

SUPPORTERS
Scoliosis Jones
8-peacock-8

CLOSING WORDS: I will completely admit that Aeron is not a likely character, but I will argue that he would be an interesting character that should definitely be considered for DLC (if DLC is implemented). If you haven't played Pandora's Tower, or haven't even heard of it, I recommend looking up videos of it, or I can include some in this thread if needed. Thanks for reading! I hope you come to like Aeron and his potential for Smash Bros.!
EXTRAS
Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK8su2z6TS4

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I agree. The games are great, and each Rainfall character is different from the other. Not to mention they were all received well, clearly from teh following to get each game localized.

I REALLY hope they consider them for DLC.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If Shulk gets in Zael and Aeron need to be added as playables, and add stages from their games, to complete the Rainfall Trinity.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here is my first moveset for Aeron. Give me some feedback if you like:

Aeron’s Moveset

Specials:
Down B- Chain Charge
- The Oraclos Chain can be charged for several seconds until it reaches a max. The longer it is charged the stronger it becomes. However, after a few seconds, the charge will leave the chain, and will have to be recharged.
Side B- Sweep
- Aeron can sweep opponents with the Oraclos Chain, to prevent them from getting away or event o continue a combo. It is a ranged attack, but can be useful at close range as well.
Up B- Chain Grab
- Aeron, if recovering, swings the chain and can use it as a Tether recovery. When it is first used, Aeron gains a small amount of air, and then launches the chain towards the edge of the stage. If used on the ground. It is launched at a diagonal angle, and can grapple opponents to the ground for further beating.
Neutral B- Chain Grab
- Similar to Scorpion’s (Mortal Kombat) “Get Over Here!” type thing. Aeron sends the chain horizontally, and will yank the opponent he hits with it back towards him, keeping them in his grasp until they can break out of it.

Normal Attacks:
A- Weak attach with Aeron’s Sword
A, A- Weak attack with Sword combo’d with a second slash
A,A,A- Complete combo, finished off with a smack with the chain.
Side Tilt A- Aeron slashes his sword in a downward slicing motion, can hit opponents in the air if they are close enough.
Down tilt A- while kneeling, Aeron swings the Oraclos Chain at the feet of an opponent. Can sometimes trip.
Upward Tilt A- Aeron swings his sword upward in an arcing motion
Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A Aerial- Aeron swings the chain around him for a weak attack
Forward A Aerial- Aeron swipes forward with his sword
Upward A Aerial- Aeron swipes upward with his sword
Down A Aerial- Swipes downward with sword
Backward A Aerial- Aeron swings Sword behind him to swat at an opponent

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash- Hits twice, similar to Link double forward Smash. Aeron hits once with the sword, and then finishes with the Oraclos Chain for the second hit
Downward Smash- Aeron swings the Oraclos Chain around him in a sweeping motion
Upward Smash- Aeron launches the Oraclos Chain into the air directly above him. If he hits, he grabs the opponent, and slams them into the ground, which will inflict splash damage to other opponents near it

Dash attack- Aeron swipes in an upward motion with his sword. Similar to Ike’s dash attack.

Final Smash:
Aeron obtains the Smash Ball, and any opponents near him when it is activated, and linked together by the Oraclos Chain. While this is effective, Aeron can beat the living **** out of those he has binded. However, he cannot use the chain because it is binding the opponents together. As it finishes, the chain lets out an explosive blast that can send opponents flying

Grabs:
Aeron’s grabs are tether grabs, similar to Link’s Hookshot, but with more distance.
Pummel – Aeron knees the opponent
Forward Throw- Aeron lifts the opponent in the air, and slams them on the ground
Backward Throw- Similar to Mario’s spinning throw, Aeron spins the Opponent around twice and launches
Downward Throw- Aeron pulls them to the ground and stomps on the opponent
Upward Throw- Aeron throws his opponent in to the air directly above him

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
HELL YEAH

Pandora's Tower was actually my most wanted OPRainfall game. Still haven't played it, maybe I'll get it in the next month or so.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's great. Xenoblade is still the best imo, but Pandora's Tower is still a great game.

I'm going to bed for now. So keep this thread alive for me will you guys? Smashboards must know of Aeron...and Zael!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm getting a feeling that his playable appearance depends on Shulk getting in first.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm getting a feeling that his playable appearance depends on Shulk getting in first.
I would have to agree with you FalKoopa. Considering Shulk is the most popular of the Project Rainfall protagonists, it would only make sense. That is basically why I don't consider Zael or Aeron likely.

I'd love them as DLC though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Updated the OP again with a music track from Pandora's Tower. It is the music that plays when fighting the final boss.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
After over a year of debating, I have finally decided to give Pandora's Tower a chance; I purchased it about a week ago. Thus far, I have found the game to be an enjoyable dungeon crawler. The chain-and-sword battle system is simple yet fun. I also like the relationship-building functions with Aeron and Elena. I have just gotten past the Ironclad Turret, the fifth dungeon. So far, I have not had a single game-over, though there have been a few close calls. I look forward to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

Anyhow, though his appearance is probably unlikely, Aeron would certainly make an interesting fighter in Smash 4; I fancy most of his moves would involve an amalgam of sword slashing, chain lashing, latching, tearing, swinging, and throwing. Most, if not all, of his special moves would probably feature tether recovery, like with Zero Suit Samus.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That is a pretty nice sounding piece right there. It really ties everything together by the end of the game too.

Altais

Smash Champion
Just finished the main game of Pandora's Tower, though I am not sure I got the best ending. Overall a compelling dungeon crawler with a decent and moving plot. I actually managed to beat the game without a single game-over. I died once during a boss fight, but I had a Sage Stone equipped, so I was revived. (Shrugs) Not sure if that counts or not.

Hopefully now I can finally get past those red doors. I cannot help but wonder what lies beyond them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I believe the red doors simply have treasure that you can sell or make things with. I wish I could tell you which ending you got, but I won't because I don't want to spoil it.

So Altais, what would you think of Aeron in Smash?

Altais

Smash Champion
Well, like I said before, I think he would certainly make an interesting and unique fighter in Smash, what with him possessing the Oraclos Chain. The character himself has also grown on me since I have played his respective game. If he ever did get in Smash 4, I would certainly try him out. In fact, a sword user with such a wide variety of quick and long-range attacks would probably suit mine play style.

That being a said, however, as much as I would like to see Aeron in Smash 4, I cannot say I have high hopes for him, or any third-party character, for that matter.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That being a said, however, as much as I would like to see Aeron in Smash 4, I cannot say I have high hopes for him, or any third-party character, for that matter.
All of the Project Rainfall games are wholly owned by Nintendo.

Aeron is 1st party.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You can call me a semi-supporter. While I haven't played his game, a character who uses a chain for battle sounds really interesting.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yea all three of them are Nintendo, which is why i'm hoping for Zael and Aeron DLC.

Altais

Smash Champion
Huh, I heard this song on the radio not too long ago. Anybody here whom has played Pandora's Tower should recognise it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qezYQFTrjU4

In other news, I finally attained the "best ending" for Pandora's Tower. I must say, I thought I was going to die on the last sequence. Anyhow, overall a great game; I am glad I decided to purchase it. I would highly recommend it for anybody whom likes dungeon crawlers.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Honestly, I want Aeron more than Zael. I liked The Last Story more, but I feel as though Aeron would be more unique, given the fact that he'd be the only character who primarily uses a chain to attack. His sword and scythe and stuff are all secondary weapons. That all said, Zael's chances are better, and Shulk's exceed both of theirs (but I want Shulk the most so it's ok ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom