• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Size Comparisons of Possible Newcomers (Update 7/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I got bored one day and began making a chart of all of the Smash Bros. characters and how tall they would be if they were their real heights. It was difficult, but I did it fairly well I think. But to keep this with SSB4, I thought about how the potential newcomers would stack up with the rest of the cast...

And so here we are. A size chart of possible newcomers along with their respective series comrades.

Important Points:
Not every character has an official height, so there is some guesswork with some characters' heights.
Mario is 5'1"
Kirby is 8"
Hyrule Historia puts Ganondorf's height at about 7'6"
All of the Pokemon have official heights, but the Trainers don't.
Olimar is the size of a quarter.
Solid Snake is 5'9"
Sonic is 3'3"
You can suggest height adjustments to characters that don't have official heights.
You can suggest possible newcomers to add to series size charts, but one thing is key: There HAS to be a Brawl model or import of the character for them to be included here.

Updated 7/17/13

With Smash 4 confirmed, along with newcomers, there will be a spot below for showing the roster all together!
Confirmed Newcomers!
[collapse=The Smash 4 Roster]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Series mash-ups!][collapse=One big grumpy picture]
[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse=Series Size-ups!][collapse=Mario Series (+Yoshi)]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Donkey Kong Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Legend of Zelda Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Metroid Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Star Fox Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Pokemon Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=F-Zero Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Earthbound/Mother Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Fire Emblem Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Kid Icarus Series]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Misc Nintendo series]
[/collapse][/collapse]

D

Deleted member

The real fun is going to be when we get to Ridley, lol.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I like this things. Anyway Brawl already messed everything up if Sonic is really that shorter than Mario.

Anyway at this point you could put Wario too in the first image.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've actually tried to determine Ridley's height before, since I have a fetish for making height charts. I think somewhere between 15 and 20 feet was his average. This was before Prime 3 and Other M, and I didn't have very good MATERIAL to work with, but WHATEVER that's what I could come up with.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Zelda and Metroid added. Ridley was averaged out from his appearances, but I think he came out at a decent size.
Size may be bigger than it appears :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, this will be an interesting topic. Even if most of it will be Ridley based.

Oh Hey, will you be going over potential third parties? Better yet, will you go over Pokemon next?

D

Deleted member

I'm guessing it will eventually be combined into one large image, right?
People like Olimar don't really have anyone to compare to other than the Pikmin.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm guessing it will eventually be combined into one large image, right?
People like Olimar don't really have anyone to compare to other than the Pikmin.
I've always wanted to see Olimar sitting on Chibi-Robo's head, sitting on Ray's shoulders, sitting on top of Kirby or R.O.B., sitting on top of Pikachu.

Or keep it robots only with Chibi-Robo sitting on Ray's shoulder, sitting on R.O.B.

Also aren't Ganondorf, Ghirahim, and K. Rool much taller?

D

Deleted member

I've always wanted to see Olimar sitting on Chibi-Robo's head, sitting on Ray's shoulders, sitting on top of Kirby or R.O.B., sitting on top of Pikachu.

Or keep it robots only with Chibi-Robo sitting on Ray's shoulder, sitting on R.O.B.

Also aren't Ganondorf, Ghirahim, and K. Rool much taller?
Ganondorf's 7'6''.

D

Deleted member

Someone posted on another forum a size comparison between the two based on their models in TP.
It matches up with the OP.

Aside from that, he's not on his knees in that pic. He's just bending down. If he were to stand up straight, Link would be eye-level with slightly below his chest, as the OP shows.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Someone posted on another forum a size comparison between the two based on their models in TP.
It matches up with the OP.

Aside from that, he's not on his knees in that pic. He's just bending down. If he were to stand up straight, Link would be eye-level with slightly below his chest, as the OP shows.
HUH, alright. I'd like to see that pic. Size comparisons are probably my favorite thing in the world next to determining how much the average human body would weigh if it was made out of different materials, my current obsession.

FOR EXAMPLE: A man made of plutonium would weigh over 2,900 pounds, enough to make 130 nuclear weapons.

D

Deleted member

HUH, alright. I'd like to see that pic. Size comparisons are probably my favorite thing in the world next to determining how much the average human body would weigh if it was made out of different materials, my current obsession.

FOR EXAMPLE: A man made of plutonium would weigh over 2,900 pounds, enough to make 130 nuclear weapons.

On another note, someone was doing something quite similar.
And recently, he made size comparisons for characters in Other M using calculations based on their models.
Since the main point is Ridley obviously, he has calculated Ridley to be (if standing upright) 26'9" if Samus is 5'9" in her Zero Suit (her established height in Other M) and 28'10" if Samus is 6'3" in her Zero Suit (her established suitless height in Metroid II's manual).
http://www.vgf.com/forums/showthrea...t-amp-Weight?p=1391180&viewfull=1#post1391180

Not sure if that means anything.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This is really awesome but,

....No Dark Samus? :S

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I AM STILL CRYING TEARS OF JOY THANK YOU SO MUCH GOLDEN THAT THREAD IS BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
By the way AngelGlory, do you come up with your own figures, or do you just scale by feel? It'd be neat if you listed the heights you've come up with.

Incidentally, Mega Man (classic) has an official height of 132 cm. Also, R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS had a height very comparable to Waluigi, about 200 cm, in the image shown after the credits. Too bad it's not 240 cm, since the real R.O.B. was 24 cm.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
AngelGlory this thread is glorious, and awesome thing adding all the newcomers.

Your Impa Brawl hack is also great! And awesome thing you also included her with the Zelda cast.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
AngelGlory this thread is glorious, and awesome thing adding all the newcomers.

Your Impa Brawl hack is also great! And awesome thing you also included her with the Zelda cast.
Impressive... This thread has nothing to do with Impa, yet you always manage to fire your Impa propaganda machine. :glare:

It's annoying. Go back to the Impa support thread.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well it was worth saying, just look at the link in AngelGlory's sig.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well it was worth saying, just look at the link in AngelGlory's sig.
Yes, he did an Impa hack, so ****ing what? It doesn't stop your comment from being uncalled for.
If you want to praise that Impa hack, go do it to the Impa support thread, where Impa stuff belongs. :glare:

Everyone in these boards is tired of your incessant Impa propaganda.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay guys. Lets keep this polite now. Let's get back to talking about how big Ridley is the size comparisons. Alright? :bee:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
WHAT? TALKING HOW BIG RIDLEY IS!? I CALL RIDLEY PROPOGANDA! :glare:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
*ignores Diddy Kong*

I think Ridley is not as big as some people think. Sure, he looks bigger than Donkey Kong or Bowser, but I think he still fits nicely as a playable character.
He will have to be balanced well if he ends up being the biggest character in Smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
*ignores Diddy Kong*

I think Ridley is not as big as some people think. Sure, he looks bigger than Donkey Kong or Bowser, but I think he still fits nicely as a playable character.
He will have to be balanced well if he ends up being the biggest character in Smash.
I'm sure they can work something out for him. They usually do. Maybe do like they did with Wolf and make up some excuse like saying that Ridley is trying to make himself look small in order to prepare himself for attack and avoid certain projectiles or whatever...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm sure they can work something out for him. They usually do. Maybe do like they did with Wolf and make up some excuse like saying that Ridley is trying to make himself look small in order to prepare himself for attack and avoid certain projectiles or whatever...
A crouching position, yes?

I think it could work... I mean, look at his battle stance in Other M, when he's on the ground. Sure, he's quite large, but not very tall compared to the likes of Bowser or Donkey Kong.

Perhaps, he will be resized to be a little smaller, but I don't think it will be scaled by a huge amount.

Sakurai himself even admitted that he could make him work somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom