• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chrono Trigger For SSB4 Thread

would you want robo or a chrono trigger character in ssb4

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HashSlingingSlasher

Smash Rookie
im a huge chrono trigger fanboy and though it very unlikely it would be cool to have a chrono trigger character
I think it would be amazing to add at least 1 or 2 characters from chrono trigger

here are some examples
(i will add more examples later if you find problems or have a better idea on it then please tell me)

ROBO
robo:i think it would make most sense to make robo a semi clone of snake
with similar tactical moves
he would be quicker with less power or the opposite
i think he would be the best fit for ssb since he is the most cartoonish since he is a robot
his regular moves could have
for his run could roll which would be quicker than snakes run

SPECIAL MOVES

b:he would shoot a laser ball that isnt affected by gravity and will explode when b is pressed again or after 3 seconds OR a line beam that bounces of objects and becomes stronger as charges

smash b: rocket punch (it shoots at high speeds in the direction pointed and after can be swung for 5 seconds like sheiks chain) OR he could a sort of shield wall that pushes playes and can only by sidestepped through

down b: proximity mine (can stack 2 times and will explode with similar radius to snakes remote bomb)

up b:launch (launches himself into the air and moves in direction pointed similar to king dedede's up b move)

FINAL SMASH: either he would use proximity bomb which will be a area or use heal/laser beam which will heal robo and teammate and hurt players if caught in the beam which takes up a circle around robo.

for winning poses he could open his armor plating, twirl around then strike the pose he does in in chrono trigger (the same could go for taunts.

MAGUS
since magus weapon of use a scythe and is very adept with magic. (and by what I have seen can fly or float) I would see him having a very good jump height. I would see magus a bit reliant on magic so he would be floating always except when crouching.
it would also be cool if non physical moves live samus's beam or fox's blaster would do less damage and not smash him so far at the cost of weakness to physical attacks which is good since his spear has such i reach

given his height he should be about the height of ganondorf (standing straight)

SPECIALS

b dark bomb: must be charges can be down while moving (slowly) once fully charges can be thrown in any direction and will make a big explosion

smash b will slash his scythe and launch three dark balls in 3 directions 1 is straight and the others are arched diagonal and will boucne of walls

up b uplift: uses his cape as a parachute and calls in wind to uplift him quickly.

down b magus will put a barrier over himself which will let him absorb a random element (dark type moves, electric type moves etc)

his smash would be dark matter (like qdMbp said)

i would really appreciate it if you could tell me your ideas

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They all died horrible deaths in Chrono Cross.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not a bad idea...., but not sure if the idea is popular enough.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I would, but there are other candidates from Square-Enix that I would prefer to see...

Mostly, the most likely CT character that would be included is Crono, and he just doesn't interest me. I'd much rather see... absolutely any of the other playable characters. Magus mostly, he'd be completely awesome. Ayla, Frog, Lucca, or Robo would be really fun as well.

Here's what I think each character could bring to Smash:
Crono: Main character. Nothing else.

Marle: Tomboy princess in disguise. Crossbow user, ice and healing magic... not the most interesting choice, though.

Lucca: Smash doesn't have a true inventor yet, she could bring a lot to SSB.

Magus: Scythe, dark magic, pure badassery. The game could use some more anti-heroes. And did I mention the scythe? Also, I think he's been in more games of the Chrono Trigger series than any other character. These other appearances would lend to making alternate costumes.

Ayla: Brutal and effective female melee fighter. She would use a lot of animal-like fighting forms, like a feral tigress.

Frog: He's a frog knight. Obviously awesome. He'd fight like Yoda does in the Star Wars movies- bouncing everywhere with a flurry of blades.

It could definitely be fun to have Chrono Trigger representation, though I find it pretty unlikely.

HashSlingingSlasher

Smash Rookie
I would, but there are other candidates from Square-Enix that I would prefer to see...

Mostly, the most likely CT character that would be included is Crono, and he just doesn't interest me. I'd much rather see... absolutely any of the other playable characters. Magus mostly, he'd be completely awesome. Ayla, Frog, Lucca, or Robo would be really fun as well.

Here's what I think each character could bring to Smash:
Crono: Main character. Nothing else.

Marle: Tomboy princess in disguise. Crossbow user, ice and healing magic... not the most interesting choice, though.

Lucca: Smash doesn't have a true inventor yet, she could bring a lot to SSB.

Magus: Scythe, dark magic, pure badassery. The game could use some more anti-heroes. And did I mention the scythe? Also, I think he's been in more games of the Chrono Trigger series than any other character. These other appearances would lend to making alternate costumes.

Ayla: Brutal and effective female melee fighter. She would use a lot of animal-like fighting forms, like a feral tigress.

Frog: He's a frog knight. Obviously awesome. He'd fight like Yoda does in the Star Wars movies- bouncing everywhere with a flurry of blades.

It could definitely be fun to have Chrono Trigger representation, though I find it pretty unlikely.
yeah i wanted to add magus too but i wouldnt know what his moves set would be. I would figure him to be a bit of a semi clone to meta knight.
his final smash would definatly have to be dark bomb
there is so much magus could do it would be amazing.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I actually don't think Magus would have standard attacks very similar to any other character. The scythe is a long weapon with a pick-like blade that requires a really wide two-handed grip... it's a really different weapon from those already in the game.

I'd probably make his final smash Dark Matter, Eternal Darkness, or Omega Flare. Dark Bomb could be a nice special though for sure.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Robo would probably work similar to how Geno would work

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Chrono was extremely popular as a choice at one point I remember.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Robo is the best character in the game.

I should make a thread for him actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom