• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race to the finish! #ExcitetheBallot! Vote for Excitebiker now!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
The World Rally racer is back! Excitebiker for Smash DLC!

OP picture made by @SuperLittleTY

Who is he and what game is he from?
Excitebiker is from the Excite series. He first debuted in 1985 in the classic launch title game of the NES, Excitebike. The game was designed by the God of Gaming himself, Shigeru Miyamoto. In the game, you play as an Excitebiker and you try to win the World Rally. Excitebiker would be a retro pick for the Smash Ballot DLC but this pick would make a lot of sense. He is from an extremely iconic game and his game is just one you think of when you think of the NES. On top of that, his series has received multiple entries after the first, Excitebike 64, Excite Truck, Excitebots: Trick Racing, and Excitebike: World Rally.

Playstyle and Moveset:
Ground Speed 7/10: Excitebiker would be a very fast characters as he is on a Motocross bike.
Air Speed 6/10: Excitebiker would be faster than average in the air.
Size 4/10: Excitebiker is a little smaller than Mario.
Weight 8/10: Excitebiker is fairly heavy since he is on a bike.
Fall Speed 7/10: Excitebiker falls faster than average.
Jump Height 4/10: Excitebiker can't jump as well since he bike is heavy.
Traction 5/10: Excitebiker's traction is normal.
Excitebiker would use his bike for almost all of his attacks but he could place mud and have ramps to appear. Some of my moveset is based off of others like Pizzadudemanguy.

Art of Excitebiker

Normal Attacks:
Jab Combo: Excitebiker flashes his headlights (stun the opponent for a second) then punches and finishes with spinning the handlebar.
Forward Tilt: Excitebiker waves a checkered flag in front of him.
Up Tilt: Excitebiker stands on the pedals which makes the bike stand vertically and the front tire would hit the foe.
Down Tilt: Excitebiker almost makes his bike lay on the floor while sliding doing a motion as if in the action movies where someone on a bike goes under something that is closing or under like a truck.
Dash Attack: Excitebiker performs a wheelie while riding into opponents.

Smash Attacks:
Side: Excitebiker grabs his bike and swings it toward you, almost like he is going to throw it.
Up: Excitebiker does a backflip from the ground.
Down: Excitebiker does a drift in a donut.

Grabs:
Grabs by getting off bike and using hands.
Pummel: Headbutts since he has a helmet on.
Forward Throw: Excitebiker gets on his bike and kicks with both feet foward like he is laying down.
Backward Throw: Excitebiker gets on his bike and kicks with both feet at the opponent backward.
Up Throw: Excitebiker throws the opponent in the air then gets back on the bike to do a wheelie on his front wheel. The opponent lands on the back wheel and he goes flying.
Down Throw: Excitebiker throws the opponent on the floor and then gets on his bike to spin his tires in place over you.

Aerials:
NAir: Excitebiker does a front flip in the air.
FAir: Excitebiker whips his bike in front of him, making him stand on nothing. Then he gets back on.
BAir: Excitebiker releases both feet and kicks them straight back.
UAir: Excitebiker performs a headstand in front to handlebars while keeping bike horizontal and kicks his feet upward.
DAir: Excitebiker stands on the seat of bike in a surfing position while holding on to handlebars. This pushes the bike down and it hurts foes.

Specials:
Neutral: Accelerate: You hold the button and Excitebiker goes faster with flames shooting out of his engine. He can ram into opponents in this state. If you hold on to the button to long, you will spin out (like a trip) and have to get back up. There is a Temperature Meter on your player icon like Little Mac's KO Meter.
Side: Power Slide: Excitebiker slides into a turn while hitting opponents with the back of his bike. If done while at walking speed, he will just turn around quickly (still hurts enemies).
Up: Ramp: A ramp appears under the Excitebiker and he quickly rides up it, launching him into the air. If done on the ground, the ramp stays there for 5 seconds and can be used again, like Sonic's spring.
Down: Mudtrap: Excitebiker lays a mudtrap and any opponent that walks over will start tripping continuously causing slight damage. If done in the air, it will only damage foes.

Final Smash:
World Rally: A truck comes toward the opponent from the foreground like Captain Falcon's FS. If it hits, the opponent will be teleported to a dirt road. Then opponent hears some beep noises (like the beginning of a race). They turn around to see Excitebikers, Excite Trucks, and Excite Bots zooming toward them. They get hit and get launched off screen.

Taunts:
Side: Excitebiker gets of his bike and gives a thumbs up, while standing next to it. He gets back on after the taunt.
Up: Excitebiker pops a wheelie and puts up a peace sign.
Down: Excitebiker brings his leg over to the front of his bike (so both legs are facing the screen) and sits there.

Entrance:
Excitebiker is on stage but has that stopping thing in the beginning of a race in Excitebike. He revs his engine and it comes down.

Win Poses:

Excitebiker rides in, jumps, and does a backflip trick.

Excitebiker jumps up and down after winning.

Holds a trophy from Excitebike.

Victory Theme:
Victory Stand

Arguments:
The biggest argument against Excitebiker, is that Mach Rider seems more likely as he can have a moveset. To counter this argument, Excitebiker is from a more important and cherished Nintendo franchise. He has also received multiple games unlike Mach Rider. Excitebiker also has a working moveset as I have proved above and how others have proved below. Excitebiker was considered as a possible retro pick for Melee but wasn't included since Sakurai couldn't find a logical way to make him jump. Excitebiker could jump in the air for his first jump and then use turbo or do a front/back flip for his second. It wasn't that hard to think of.​

Music:

Support Icons:

by legendofrob1

by N3ON

by N/A

Other Movesets:
Moveset by evilwalugi (Deviantart):
http://evilwaluigi.deviantart.com/art/Newcomer-Excitebiker-374675908
Moveset by Ziggytheninja

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You monster. I was thinking about making this thread, and it was going to be really funny.

Good job, you robbed everyone of a joyful experience.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
You monster. I was thinking about making this thread, and it was going to be really funny.

Good job, you robbed everyone of a joyful experience.
I'm sorry. You can post your Excitebiker schtick in this thread if you want, hopefully that will go some way towards compensating for my regrettable actions.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sorry. You can post your Excitebiker schtick in this thread if you want, hopefully that will go some way towards compensating for my regrettable actions.
He was being sarcastic. Don't mind. lol

On topic, Excitebiker is interesting, but I think Mach Rider would take his spot.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
shall I bump this? I think I shall.

Excitebiker was already considerd by sakuri for melee, and would be really interesting to have. also he got a wiiware game, which was the only wiiware game I ever really bought.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't think I understand the appeal of Excitebike as a smash character... It's not even a character, it's an occupation.

Though, I guess by the lack of responses in this thread, I don't really know who I'm asking...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't think I understand the appeal of Excitebike as a smash character... It's not even a character, it's an occupation.

Though, I guess by the lack of responses in this thread, I don't really know who I'm asking...
me, of course. I think most of the support comes from the fact that if sakuri could get exitebiker to jump realistically, he would have been in over ice climbers. for me, honestly, It just would be cool to see what they would come up with.

also working on a sig right now. :D

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
me, of course. I think most of the support comes from the fact that if sakuri could get exitebiker to jump realistically, he would have been in over ice climbers. for me, honestly, It just would be cool to see what they would come up with.

also working on a sig right now. :D
Hehe, alright. Follow your dreams! I'd be curious to see what they come up with as well, but... I'm pretty okay with the hilarious Assist Trophy as they all drive right off the stage.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Replies! I'm stunned.

He appeals to me for two reasons:

1. The Excite series is a fairly big Nintendo franchise, and the original Excitebike is a very iconic game. I want to see as many big Nintendo franchises and notable games represented through playable characters as possible in SSB4.
2. Excitebiker would likely be extremely unique and different to any character we've yet seen and are ever likely to see (with the possible exception of Mach Rider).

Being 'nameless' with his given name being his occupation is a detractor, but Urban Champion, Villager (Animal Crossing) and Balloon Fighter are the same, but they have plenty of support. Also there is already a 'name = occupation' character in SSB in Pokemon Trainer (although he is an actual character, Red, and should be called Red). At a stretch Excitebiker's name could be given as ''Tricky' Ricky Stern', the name of one of the racers in Excitebike 64.

well, I made a sig, feel free to link it in the OP.
That's brilliant, thanks a lot!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
For the Excite Biker name thing.....Ice Climbers kind of proved that characters can be in the game and only use their occupation as a name. (Even though they have names)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
could we maybe get some better music from excitebike games and maybe excite truck? I'd like to listen.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
To be completely honest, Excite Biker is in a bad position when it comes to getting a spot. His main competitors are Takamaru, Mach Rider, and Balloon Fighter. Mach Rider can do a lot more, Takamaru is likely to get a spot and Sakurai would have an easier time making Balloon Fighter. (Add Lip if you want)

It sucks since Excite Biker would be really fun.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I feel THIS would serve better as his victory theme, since that's the actual victory music from Excitebike itself.

Something really interesting I've found is the music for the enhanced 'Vs.' edition of Excitebike for the Famicom which actually has real music playing throughout the game rather than a couple of short jingles and sound effects. Have a listen to the playlist. Some of that music could serve well as music for an Excite stage.

The oft forgotten 'other' game of the Excite series, Excitebots, has some good music also. I may as well just link to the playlist again rather than post a load of individual videos.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
To be completely honest, Excite Biker is in a bad position when it comes to getting a spot. His main competitors are Takamaru, Mach Rider, and Balloon Fighter. Mach Rider can do a lot more, Takamaru is likely to get a spot and Sakurai would have an easier time making Balloon Fighter. (Add Lip if you want)

It sucks since Excite Biker would be really fun.
I presume that's because they're all considered other 'retro' characters, but should Excitebiker be considered retro? Takamaru's last game (not counting Samurai Warriors 3) was in 1986, Mach Rider's 1985 and the last Balloon Fight game being 1990. The last Excitebike game however was released in 2009. Little Mac isn't considered a retro character anymore because he also had a new game released in 2009, so why should Excitebiker?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Most people consider Excite Biker a retro still. But I see what you mean. However, if we act like he's a misc character that might be worse for him because of Shulk, Isaac, and Little Mac.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Most people consider Excite Biker a retro still. But I see what you mean. However, if we act like he's a misc character that might be worse for him because of Shulk, Isaac, and Little Mac.
what if we view him as both?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Sakurai seems to think that Excite Biker is a retro rep if Melee is anything to go by. (Excitebike had Excitebike 64 at the time and he still viewed the character as a retro)

I will say that Excite Biker has a much, MUCH better chance at getting in as a retro rep.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
At least we have an excite biker AT trophy, even though, if he was playable it would not be 8-bit.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Great moveset, I always enjoy EvilWaluigi's work. The only thing I'd change in that moveset is the Final Smash, it seems a bit overcomplicated to me, roughly the same effect would be achieved if you just had a bunch of other Excitebikers zooming across the stage in a race, smashing through anyone in their way.
...isn't that what it is?

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
...isn't that what it is?
The Final Smash sounds like it only involves our one Excitebiker himself with him zooming backwards and forwards so fast that there appears to be more than one of him, or something like that, it wouldn't surprise me if I've misunderstood it completely.

D

Deleted member

I never understood how a full moveset could be made from a bike without making something original about the bike like how Sakurai made Pit's bow a double bladed weapon that can detach.

EDIT: And I just realized that the Excitebiker's colors remind me too much of Turbo.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
BUMP

Wow, look at all these comments! I don't know if I can handle it!
But in all honesty, I do support Excitebiker. I think that makes me one of the three people who support him. Oh well...:ohwell:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I support him! His Final Smash could be Excite Truck, where he gets inside of a truck and rams into enemies.

the8thark

Smash Lord
He was being sarcastic. Don't mind. lol

On topic, Excitebiker is interesting, but I think Mach Rider would take his spot.
I have to agree. If I remember correctly I think one of Falcons levels had the Mach Rider music for it. But Excitebike did have a sequel Excitetruck.

FiDeL

Smash Rookie
I have to agree. If I remember correctly I think one of Falcons levels had the Mach Rider music for it. But Excitebike did have a sequel Excitetruck.
Not only one sequel but 4 with excitebike 64, excitetruck, excitebots and World rally the remak of the first.

I really like Mach Rider. But to be honest i really prefer excitebiker. And in a logical way, i think that excitebiker is more important emblem than mach rider. Nintendo fan know mach rider but but people in general don' t really know him. I asked a lot.oglf my friend who don't play video games much except for smash bros and some.other games and the don't know who mach rider.is, but they all know what is excitebike...

But it s sure that i will find.more.positive point toward excite bike instead of mach rider since escete biker is my third most wanted character, maybe second now after Rifle Grunt cause since Toon Link confirmed i really think that the chances off.seeing Mask Link is near 0% now, he was my most wanted before...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I support, provided he fights while on a bike.

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
Here's a character I'm shocked that there's no support thread for - Excitebiker.

First Game: Excitebike (NES/Famicom, 1984)​

Excitebiker would of course be a surprise addition, but one that makes a lot of sense. Excitebike is an extremely iconic game, watch a video about the NES and Excitebike is very likely to be in there somewhere. It's just one of the games you instantly think of when you think of the NES. On top of that the 'Excite' series is a fairly big Nintendo franchise. A lot of people only think of the NES game when they think of the series, but there's a lot more to it than that. Not counting ports of the original game, Excite has six games in its series, notably three of those games are for the Wii meaning that the series has had a massive revival in the last few years.

Him and his series are definitely important and relevant enough to Nintendo to get into SSB4, but I wonder how he'd work...

I didn't think he'd work as fighter, however this excellent moveset video made by pizzadudemanguy on Youtube changed my mind:

Famously Excitebiker was one of the characters Sakurai considered for Melee as a representative for the Famicom/NES, but the Ice Climbers beat him to the spot. Sakurai apparently didn't go with Excitebiker since he couldn't imagine how he'd be able to jump around believably. I think the Excitebiker could be given spring wheels or little rockets on the underside of his bike to allow him to jump, or like pizzadudeguy suggests in the comments he could do a wheelie jump for his first jump and a front/back flip for his second.

I know he's very unlikely, but I think he'd make an extremely unique and interesting fighter, and he'd represent a major Nintendo franchise. Making a character stuck on a bike work in Smash is obviously a challenge, but I think it can be done.

Would you like him in SSB4? Do you think he could work as a fighter? Have you got any ideas for him? Please discuss.

Support sig by legendofrob1:

Moveset by evilwalugi (Deviantart):

No offense but this is how I personally feel.

I'm sure a legitimate moveset could be made for the Excitebiker but the thing is... he's just a dude on a bike. That's his whole character... unless I'm mistakin. Now, "MACH RIDER" on the other hand actually represents the thing that makes bikers cool... BEING A BAD***! Now, I think if Mach Rider was in the game and the excitebiker was an alternate costume that'd be better.

Anyway, enough about my dreams. I think giving the excitebiker a moveset that would allow him to keep moving and never need to stop would be cool, and give him a vandal skin too. I could get behind that.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Not that this is a definite conclusion, but:
"you’d have to install ramps on all the levels for him to be playable"

Top Bottom