• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last minute Melee style clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Hypothetically, Sakurai wants to add more characters then the one the team has already completed, but he has a deadline. So, he does the same thing he did during Melee, and adds a bunch of melee style clones.

Who do you think they would be?

I honestly see this as the only way Pichu and DR.Mario could return.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Err no. The possibility of adding last-minute clones is near zero this time due to the availability of DLC.

Dr. Mario has a fair shot, though, as he was planned for Brawl.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dr. Mario, Pichu and Dark Pit confirmed, then. :troll:

That's what Sakurai's latest tweet secretly means.

Sakurai: *laughs*

[/colllapse]

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
In the hypothetical situation in which this happens, I'd take:
Pichu as a Pikachu clone
Dr. Mario as a Mario clone
Roy as a Marth or Ike semi-clone
Toon Zelda as a Zelda clone (with vast differences similarly to Link and Toon Link)
Reggie Fils-Aime as a Ganondorf clone (yes, a clone of a clone)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
In the hypothetical situation in which this happens, I'd take:
Pichu as a Pikachu clone
Dr. Mario as a Mario clone
Roy as a Marth or Ike semi-clone
Toon Zelda as a Zelda clone (with vast differences similarly to Link and Toon Link)
Reggie Fils-Aime as a Ganondorf clone (yes, a clone of a clone)
Couldnt agree with you anymore on the last one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last minute clones? Unfortunately I can see certain characters that would otherwise be awesome and different enough to stand out on their own being turned into clones. Like Bowser Jr. or Dark Samus. Personally what I would like to see is Waluigi's moveset being turned into some horrible disjointed mix of Wario and Luigi. That'd be quite fitting actually.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pikachu - Raichu or Pichu
Mewtwo - Mewthree
Pit - Dark Pit
Mario - Dr. Mario or Shadow Mario
Olimar - Louie or other Captain
Peach - Daisy or Rosalina
Captain Falcon - Mach Rider or Samurai Joe
Ton of Fire Emblem options could be clones
Donkey Kong - Funky Kong
Dixie Kong - Tiny Kong
Star Fox characters could be clones of each other
Link - Toon Link - Young Link - Shadow Link
Zelda - Toon Zelda
Isaac - Matthew

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Really guys, what's the need for last minute clones, when we have DLC (DownLoadable Clones)? :troll:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The Melee clones were added in because Sakurai wanted to beef up the roster. We don't have a roster that needs buffed up now, let's just get downloadable characters if anything.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think the roster is planned well in advance this time, since SSB now has a full-on story mode involving all (or at least most) of the characters. Holder of the Heel is right, the clones in Melee were there to bulk up the number of characters, and they won't need to do that with SSB4. I think there's a chance they'll look into alternate costumes this time though, as they've already experimented with Wario.

Dr. Mario has a fair shot, though, as he was planned for Brawl.
Strictly speaking we don't know that. The tiny scraps of data left on the disk could have been there for any number of reasons. It's much too presumtuous to assume those characters were ever intended to be part of the final roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Strictly speaking we don't know that. The tiny scraps of data left on the disk could have been there for any number of reasons. It's much too presumtuous to assume those characters were ever intended to be part of the final roster.
Actually there is plenty of reason to believe that. NEW DATA for Doc was discovered meaning that it could not have been a port, plus Sakurai said there were other characters that he wanted to include but couldn't due to time constraints.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Actually there is plenty of reason to believe that. NEW DATA for Doc was discovered meaning that it could not have been a port, plus Sakurai said there were other characters that he wanted to include but couldn't due to time constraints.
That wasn't Doc as far as I'm aware, there were unused sound clips but they were for Roy and Mewtwo. It's still incredibly little to be making assumptions on.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That wasn't Doc as far as I'm aware, there were unused sound clips but they were for Roy and Mewtwo. It's still incredibly little to be making assumptions on.
Doc had a unique victory theme.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Doc had a unique victory theme.
You sure about that? I was certain that was only Roy and Moo2. He might have had a directory for a unique victory theme, but everybody had a directory for a unique victory theme. In the end the only character who actually got one was Meta Knight.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You sure about that? I was certain that was only Roy and Moo2. He might have had a directory for a unique victory theme, but everybody had a directory for a unique victory theme. In the end the only character who actually got one was Meta Knight.
Yes. His data was found with the others. Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik also had files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom