• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Series Discussion: The Bewildering Biker deserves a new Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
The Wario series has become extremely popular, in general, the WarioWare series. With Game & Wario soon to release, there are quite a few characters who could potentially sneak a spot into the next smash. Here is the place to discuss who should get in, if you think anyone at all. Also, here are some popular choices:

[collapse=Kat and Ana]Kat and Ana, the kindergarten ninjas. They could easily have a great move set. The way I see it, is they should have some original tag team feature, unlike having the Ice Climbers' unique gameplay style. They were also assist trophies in Brawl.

Support Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/kindergartener-ninjas-kat-ana-for-ssb4.335902/

Movesets:
[collapse=legendofrob1's moveset]
Kat and Ana may or may not be played in a similar style to Ice climbers.
Smash:
Up: Kat and Ana stab their katanas up in the air
Side: Kat and Ana slash upwards (from their foot level to just-above-their-head level) with their katanas
Down: Kat and Ana both do a foot-sweep with their katanas on both sides.

Special:
Up: Shuriken (the falcon) raises Kat and Ana a high distance. Ana holds onto Shuriken and Kat onto Ana.
Side: Kat and Ana throw three shurikens to either side.
Neutral: cherry blossom petals surround Kat and Ana, reflecting all projectiles, and causing small damage to nearby players.
Down: Kat summons Shadow to “sit”, on command, Kat commands Shadow to charge forward and attacks.

Aerials:
Up: Kat and Ana strike up with their katanas.
Front: Kat swings Ana around for a heavy-hitting aerial attack.
Neutral: Kat and Ana put their backs together and spin with their katanas out.
Back: Kat and Ana kick back. Ana first, then Kat.
Down: Kat and Ana throw down shurikens. they travel until they hit something or go offscreen

Final Smash:
Maybe a more buffed up version of their assist trophy? but more epic.
[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse=Captain Syrup]Captain Syrup, from Wario Land: Shake It! on the Wii and past games could fit well and be an old and new character. She could have a really neat moveset as she is just fit for the game.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mona]Mone from the WarioWare series could be a nice inclusion. She is probably one of the most fitting characters from WarioWare and she does have a history with the series, being in everyone.

Support Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/the-second-best-wario-ware-employee-mona-for-ssb4.324466/

Movesets:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/401845_407920469247261_1913952096_n.jpg - R.O.B.'s
[/collapse]

[collapse=Ashley]Thanks to legendofrob1 for this idea. Another super popular character in Japan, is Ashley debuting in WarioWare: Touched! She does have a chance to get in so it seemed logical to add this, suggestion or not.
Here is Ashley from Game & Wario.

Support Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-cute-little-witch-of-diamond-city-ashley-support-thread.335180/

Movesets:
[collapse=FalKoopa's Moveset]

Ashley is a user of dark magic and uses her staff in many of her attacks.

AA: Hits with her staff vertically, then pokes it forward.
Forward tilt: Releases dark magic from her staff.
Up tilt: Swipes her staff over her head. Darkness effect.
Down tilt: Swipes her staff along the ground in front of her. Can cause tripping.
Up Smash: Thrusts her staff upwards (1st hitbox), which releases a blast ofdarkness (2nd hitbox).
Forward Smash: Swings her staff like Peach's f-smash.
Down Smash: Spins around while holding Red who sticks out trident.
Neutral Aerial: Spins around with her hands spread out. Her hair form another hitbox.
Forward Aerial: Sticks out Red in front of her who attacks with his trident. Slow, but has a large range.
Down Aerial: Sticks both her feet downwards.
Back Aerial: Hits with the base of her staff. Weak disjointed attack.
Up Aerial: Spins her staff horizontally (like Pit's u-air). The top of the staff causes more damage than the base.
Up B: Her staff turns into a broom and she rises into the air and glides. When it ends, sends her into free fall.
Neutral B: Release a blob of darkness from her staff. Chargeable.
Side B: Throws Red in front of her (like DDD throws a Waddle dee). If Red hits an opponents, press Z and Ashley teleports near the opponent and grabs him. Can also be used similar to a tether recovery.
Down B: Summons a giant Venus Fly-trap in front of her. Her best killing move.
Final Smash - The Meanest Potion
Although really unimaginative, I found this one more in-character than other ideas coming to my mind. Basically, it's the Cook Kirby FS under a different coat of paint. However, Ashley's Final Smash needs button mashing to be successful, as a nod to WarioWare microgames.
(A crazier idea which came to my mind is to use the GamePad screen showing the cauldron and the player mixing the contents and opponents in it by using the stylus. :p)
[/collapse]
ManlySpirit's Moveset

[/collapse]

[collapse=Jimmy T.]Again, thanks to legendofrob1 for this one. Jimmy T. is well received by pretty much everyone. Whether you see him for the first time, or the five-hundredth time, he never seems to disappoint. Jimmy T. has a moderate chance for Smash 4. He has been in every WarioWare game.
[/collapse]

[collapse=9-Volt]Thanks to Tetra's Tracker for this idea. 9-Volt is probably the one with the most-liked mini games, mostly for the nostalgia factors. He also could have an interesting moveset.

Support Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/nintendos-biggest-fan-to-join-his-heroes-9-volt-for-ssb4.336060/

[collapse=Tetra Tracker's Pictureful Moveset]

Standards

A: Jabs with Wii-mote. Short range due to the size of the Wii-mote
AA: Jabs with Wii-mote, swings with his other hand holding the Nunchuk
AAA: same as previous followed by a headbutt
A Side: Holds the Wii-mote in one hand and whips the Nunchuk forward with the other. Long range because of how far the wire allows the Nunchuk to extend.
A Up: Swings the Wii-mote above his head.
A Down: ducks and quickly stabs his Wii-mote forward,
A Dash: fiercely throws the Nunchuk forward with the wriststrap being the only thing stopping the Wii-mote from going flying (remember to always wear your wriststraps kids!).

Smashes

Side Smash: Smashes with an Ultra Machine bat.
Up Smash: 9-Volt swings his Nunchuk forward and behind himself. Basically the same as Ness’s up smash.
Down Smash: Spins around on his skateboard performing a little wheelie.

Aerials
Nair – 9-Volt quickly whips the Wii-mote one way and then the nunchuk the other.
Fair – 9-Volt swings his Nunchuk forwards
Uair – 9-Volt swings his Wii-mote upwards
Bair – 9-Volt swings his Nunchuk backwards.
Dair – 9-Volt’s skateboard appears at his feet and he quickly spins on it.

Grabs

Grab – pulls out an Ultra Hand (toy made by Nintendo in the 60s) which extends and grabs the opponent. Also works as a tether recovery.
Pummel – headbutts the opponent
Forward throw – 9-Volt extends the Ultra Arm back out with the opponent still latched on and shoots them off with the Zapper
Back throw – throws the opponent behind him and then shoots them with the Zapper
Down throw – floors his opponent and them spins on top on them on his skateboard.

SPECIALS

B NEUTRAL - Zapper

9-Volt fires a laser out of a NES Zapper (complete with Duck Hunt sound effects). Functions the same as Fox's B attack.

B UP - N&B Rocket

A small rocket will materialise below 9-Volt made out of N&B Blocks (a Lego rip-off made by Nintendo in the 60s) which 9-Volt will briefly ride diagonally upwards damaging anyone in the way. 9-Volt will only be on the rocket for a few seconds before hopping off. The rocket will then explode showering the area with dozens of blocks. Anyone caught in the explosion will receive great damage and knockback, anyone hit by falling blocks will take minor damage.

B ACROSS - Chiritorie

9-Volt will pull out a Chiritorie (remote control toy vacuum cleaner made by Nintendo in 1979) and will ride it controlling it with the remote control. You can move 9-Volt left and right (damaging any opponents in his path) as well as jump (which will be a very floaty jump) however it moves very fast making it hard to control. If 9-Volt rides it over any items it'll suck them up, just be careful not to suck up too many else it'll explode sending 9-Volt flying! The same thing will happen if it sucks up any explosive items such as a mine or bob-omb.

If the move is activated whilst 9-Volt is in the air then the Chiritorie will briefly hover meaning 9-Volt can briefly glide on it, this makes it a good recovery move. The same effect will happen if 9-Volt rides it off an edge. On water it'll act as a hovercraft.

B DOWN - Ultra Machine

9-Volt will place an Ultra Machine (toy made by Nintendo in 1967 which pitched ping pong balls to be hit with a plastic bat) at his feet which will wildly shoot baseballs until it runs out, then it'll disappear. Only one can be placed at a time. The baseballs are fired very fast and have high knockback.

FINAL SMASH - Console Bot

9-Volt will summon and jump inside a huge robot made out of Nintendo consoles and accessories. It'll act similar to the Landmaster being able to hover, shoot lasers and walk over opponents.

Credit to peeup for the Console Bot concept. Link to Console Bot support thread.

Taunts
Up: 9-Volt will perform a little somersault on his hover skateboard.

Across: 9-Volt will pull out some DJ decks start playing with them, saying his name in a very digital sounding voice.

Down: 9-Volt will pull out either a Game & Watch, a Gameboy, a GBA, a GBA SP, a Pokemon Mini, a DS or a 3DS and will start playing it. Which one he pulls out is random.
[/collapse]
Don't ask me what happened to that spoiler; click the 3rd one for the real one.
[/collapse]

If you think I should add someone else here, just tell me. I'll also add some palette swaps, moveset details and other stuff soon!
New Wario character for Smash 4! :wario:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
"most popular is kat and ana" tell that to my thread for them, lol.

yeah, pretty good, maybe add Jimmy T because Jimmy T

EDIT: you might want to add Ashley before someone gets pissed.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
"most popular is kat and ana" tell that to my thread for them, lol.

yeah, pretty good, maybe add Jimmy T because Jimmy T

EDIT: you might want to add Ashley before someone gets pissed.
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback! I added Jimmy T. and Ashley to the OP with credit.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I'd like 9-Volt. I'm surprised that Mona and Ashley have decent support on this board but 9-Volt doesn't. From what I've seen (outside this board) 9-Volt is one of the most popular characters in the series and his minigames are some of the most popular in the series (if not THE most popular), which is probably due to his minigames his character himself totally revolving around Nintendo history and classic Nintendo games. I was in the process of making a support thread for him, but it got deleted and I didn't feel like typing it out again.

My idea for his moveset was for him to use various bits of Nintendo paraphernalia such as an Ultra Hand, Hanafuda cards, a Zapper, an Ultra Machine, a Chiritorie and a Wii-Mote & Nunchuk to fight with. This makes sense since 9-Volt is supposed to be the ultimate Nintendo fan who owns everything Nintendo's ever released, and it gives a chance for lots of pieces of Nintendo history to be paid tribute to through one character. Him and Smash Bros. are a perfect fit since both of them are designed to be a big homage to Nintendo and it's long history.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty sure Ashley and Jimmy T are the most popular.

Just saying.

D

Deleted member

Ashley was the most popular character in Japan, going by what was said in her thread during Brawl's time. Not sure if it's still true now, but it doesn't seem likely to have changed.

As for outside Japan, no clue. But I heavily doubt Kat and Ana are the most popular.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ashley, Jimmy T, and Mona are honestly the only ones with a chance. Ashley probably having a slight advantage over them because of her popularity in Japan.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I personally would most like to see Captain Syrup. SSB is seriously lacking pirates at the moment, and she's been in games both recent and since the beginning of Wario as a playable character.

And, again: Pirate.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A Warioware discussion thread, eh?

I don't think many here expect a Warioware character, so if any of them got in, it would be a pleasant surprise.

D

Deleted member

More than WarioWare.
This is a Wario character thread in general.
So it includes Wario Land characters and other Wario games like Wario World and Wario: Master of Disguise.

D

Deleted member

Let's talk the only Wario character that matters (other than Wario himself and Shake King):

Red Brief J. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Personal choice for a newcomer would be Captain Syrup, but I like Mona and Jimmy T as well.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I just want Captain Syrup.

D

Deleted member

Liked because Remi.
You know, with that new Game and Wario game she got, I'd like to see Nintendo make a bullet-hell like Gradius, but with Ashley. It'd be Nintendo's Touhou. Even better if they hire ZUN to work on it with them.

D

Deleted member

Somehow, seeing Ashley break off from Wario to have her own subseries seems very plausible to me....
I mean, Yoshi was super popular and broke from Mario (somewhat); Wario himself was going to be a one-time copycat villain, but became popular enough to break out to his own series, and even Tingle broke out from the Zelda series with his own set of games.

D

Deleted member

So what, Ashley invades the world of Touhou?
Eh, I guess she sort of fits the world.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll be fine with Mona, Jimmy, or Syrup (Mona the most). As long as all three of their themes are in SSB4.

D

Deleted member

ASHLEY MOVESET:
Ashley’s main focus is based around being able to mount or dismount her Broom. While on the broom she has much more mobility but somewhat limited attack options. She is a Status Afflicting Hit-and-Run character. Her broom gives her the mobility to move around and avoid foes quite easily, also making her tricky to KO. And her diverse range of spells and curses lets her drop her foes’ attack, defense and speed making them easier for her to kill. She lacks many powerful killing moves, and is very lightweight and frail, but makes up or it with her superior range and mobility, boasting the best recovery move in the game. Her general strategy focuses around debilitating her foes with Spells, Hexes and Curses, while racking up damage to earn kills with some of her ranged attacks.

The moves:

Specials:

B- Switch Spell: Ashley will cycle and through a series of different spells available to her:

-Attack Dropping Spell: Lowers enemy attack and knockback for a limited time, around 10-15 seconds. Can be stacked up to three times. It is colored Deep Red and is shaped like a bolt of Lightining, it fires forward and homes in on opponents. Has decent range and comes out rather fast, the recovery frames are to be watched out for though.

-Defense Dropping Spell: Lowers enemy defense making them more susceptible to Ashley’s weaker moves for a limited time (around 30 seconds). It is Ashley’s primary form of earning KO’s as KOing a foe without dropped defenses will be difficult for her. Can be stacked thrice. This move comes out a little slower than the attack dropping curse, it is also of shorter range. It’s shaped like a Violet Gust of wind , but the duration is also longer.

Speed Dropping Curse: Creates a white flash of short range that makes the opponent move in slow motion. Not stackable, only lasts 2 seconds, can’t be used continuously.

Hellish Curse: One of Ashley’s primary killing techniques. She deals 25% damage to herself to do a powerful close range attack that does massive damage. She will curse her foe, and 10 seconds after, they will be struck by Bad Luck causing them to take a lot of damage and possibly earning a kill. The move is a gamble, like G&W techs, as the damage will vary on what happens to the foe, however, it can pay off and be quite satisfying if used correctly.

Side B- Cast Spell: Ashley will cast whatever spell she has, the effects and properties of the attack depends on the spell. Can also be used in Mid-Air and on the Broom.

Up B- Broom: Ashley transforms Red into a Broom and mounts it to fly around on it. The control is unlimited, you can fly in any direction you want for a limited time. The amount of duration depends on how much magic you’ve charged. Over time, magic will charge, which will allow you to use the Broom. The longer you wait without using the Broom, the more it will charge. While on the Broom you can still use your special attacks, and Ashley will have a few different Normal attacks.

-Pressing Up A while on the Broom will make Ashley do a loop while on the Broom. Using this move exhausts more magic. It’s a great move for avoiding attacks, and it does decent knockback on impact.
-A will make Ashley summon a sprite which will attack automatically. The damage done by this is very minor, but it does good stun, the sprite will stay active until Magic runs out. Using the Sprite will wear out more magic than usual.
-Forward A will make Ashley do a multi-hitting spin. This consumes a bit of Magic on use.
-Down A will make Ashley do a quick break. Uses a bit of Magic on use.
Up B again will make Ashley dismount the Broom.

Down B- Hex Zone: Ashley, casts an AOF attack on a zone where all foes who enter it are harmed by evil spirits. It can be used in Mid-air and on the ground. There is no knockback from this move, but damage is consistent. Ashley can only cast one of these at a time. And the start up time on it is relatively long, so it’s best used when there is a decent opportunity.

Neutrals (on ground):
Neutral A- A simple lightning spell that drains energy and stuns foes while used. Can be held down for continuous damage, however the stun effect wears off rather quickly, it also has a slow start. Using this move allows Ashley to charge magic for her broom much more quickly as it drains it form her foes. It has medium range, just far enough to stay safe from foes. But close enough to make comebacks a threat on a wiff. Homes in on foes at closer ranges. Think SIth Lightning.
Side A- Commands Red to attack, Red will dash at her his foe and tackle them. Not much delay, but the attack lasts long enough to allow Ashley to string moves while it takes place. A very good combo starter.
Up A- Ashley twirls around hitting her foes with her twintails. Very quick start, and a great follow up, not much range though. Hits 3-5 times and has very few recovery frames.
Down A- Gravity Rune, Ashley places down a Gravity Rune which slows down foes and makes them heavier.
Dash A- Ashley stumbles after running. She hits her opponent with Mr. Bunny while trying to regain balance.
Side Smash- Ashley Smacks her foe with Mr. Bunny. Has surprising range, and can make a good poke uncharged, and is considerably powerful at full charge.
Down Smash- A more powerful version of her NA. At full charge it releases a mean bolt than can KO with the hexes and at high damages. Only fires directly in front of her, but it has better range than her NA. The longer the charge the better the range as well. Has more knockback at closer ranges.
Up Smash- She holds up her magic wand and casts a blast above her head. It’s quick enough to be good AA, but it’s not too powerful without charge. However, at full charge she hair whitens and her eyes turn red, releasing a decently powerful blast that can KO. The hitbox is radial meaning that opponents will be sent flying in the direction of the angle that they were hit from.

Aerials:
Nair- Ashley twirls in mid-air. The prime hitbox is at her feet for this move. It’s a meteor Smash. However, it’s a tricky one as she gains a bit of air when using this move. This is especially hindering considering Ashley’s slow falling speed.
Uair- Ashley turns Red into an umbrella. The impact is at the opening of the umbrella. You can hold A to maintain the umbrella open and have Ashley descend slowly. Similar to Peach’s parasol, however, Ashley doesn’t have the added benefit of her horizontal mobility, her can slightly move left or right, but only a bit. Likewise foes can be hurt while the parasol is open, but the hitbox is only at the side, and it’s of minimal stun, meaning heavy foes bypass it completely.
Fair- Ashley whacks foes with Mr. Bunny. It’s a quick swipe and a great Short Hop follow up to her Side A. In fact a basic Ashley combo goes like:SideA>SH>Fair>UpA>Down Smash>NeutA
Bair- Ashley turns Red into her wand and whacks foes with it doing two spins. It’s a simple combo buffer, does decent damage, but not much knockback.
Dair- Ashley turns Red into her Wand and stabs down with the hilt. Has a slight bounce of hit allowing for multi-hits for those with quick fingers.

Final Smash:
You are TOAST: Her hair turns white and her eyes red while she casts a powerful spell that turns all foes into pieces of buttered toast for around 10 seconds making them easier to KO. However, being the clutz she is, it is possible for Ashley to screw up, turning herself into Toast for 10 seconds.

Drawings, character properties, hitboxes and attack percentages coming soon so stay tuned.

Oh yeah, thoughts and criticism plox.

TheKingOfTown

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be cool seeing 9-Volt in SM4SH. He's probably my most wanted Wario character, just because of his potentially cool moveset involving classic Nintendo items and characters.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
A bit random but i was looking through some new character artwork for game & wario and i saw this dog character. I instantly though he looked fleagle from the old banana splits show, am i the only one whos seeing this? (assuming some of you are old enough to remember that show)

CalumG

Smash Lord
I'd personally be happy to see a new Wario rep (maybe Mona? I've never really been a big Ashley fan but that's personal preference I guess), but I'd like to see Wario himself behave more like he does in Project M, with a moveset more inspired by Wario's behaviour in the Wario Land series than his WarioWare incarnation. That way, we'd sort of have one character representing each half of Wario's franchise - a character quite heavily inspired by Wario Land and a character quite heavily inspired by WarioWare.

The WarioWare character itself isn't of much importance to me - I've never really seen any of them as anything more than mild comic-relief, all on about-equal level - but having both sides of the Wario franchise represented in both characters and stages (a Wario Land and a WarioWare stage) would surely keep most people happy, wouldn't it? Except a few Wario mains who may not be pleased with moveset changes, that is. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom