• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going off the rails of the Spirit Train! Bryne for SSB4!

What do you think of Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Byrne from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks would be a good candidate for Zelda Characters. He'd be a heavyweight character that can take a hit.
Byrne.png

Moves:
A: Mechanical Punch- Byrne punches with a slow fist but no combo
A side: Double Smack- Byrne attacks with two punches slowly
A up: Surprise Uppercut- Byrne slides to the side and uppercuts opponents
A down: Surprise Kick- Byrne makes a short hop and lands with a kick

B: Wind Sphere- Byrne fires a sphere of wind forward
B side: Rush Combo- Byrne punches, slides and kicks
B up: Rush Jump- Byrne jumps forward and uppercuts
B down: Grapple Jump- Byrne hops, launches his grabbing thing, swings the opponent around and throws them back

Pummel: a punch with his normal arm
Front Throw: Kicks the opponent away
Back Throw: swings the opponent back and throws them
Up Throw: Uppercuts the opponent
Down Throw: punches the opponent down and kicks them

Final Smash: Purple Flare- Byrne is set ablaze with purple fire and charges at the closest opponent. Then, he jumps back to his initial position.

Please say your opinion!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Surprised this wasn't made sooner.

I don't really support him, but he would be cool I guess.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I never played Spirit Tracks. I just couldn't get a hang of the touchscreen controls.

Back on topic. With contenders like Toon Zelda, Tetra, Vaati, Tingle, Impa and Ghirahim, his chances are a dead zero. And since I haven't played the game, I can't support him. (Since I'm against one-shot characters in general, I still would have said NO even if I had played Spirit Tracks)

D

Deleted member

I never played Spirit Tracks. I can't guarantee that he'll make an appearance as playable or cameo.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He'll be in as a sticker at least.

Any other appearance is much harder to say.

D

Deleted member

I really REALLY hated Spirit Tracks...

Sorry, but no dice here.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really REALLY hated Spirit Tracks...

Sorry, but no dice here.
Spirit Tracks was better than Phantom Hourglass. That's for sure.

Although both were decent in their own right.

D

Deleted member

I'm the exact opposite. I found PH to be bearable, just because it was a novelty of sorts. ST to me, is hand-down, the WORST official Zelda game in the series. Also, I don't consider them to be decent. Both were chores, games shouldn't ever feel like chores. I was literally falling asleep on ST while playing it. By Zelda standards, they are abysmal. By general standards, they're mediocre at best.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm the exact opposite. I found PH to be bearable, just because it was a novelty of sorts. ST to me, is hand-down, the WORST official Zelda game in the series. Also, I don't consider them to be decent. Both were chores, games shouldn't ever feel like chores. I was literally falling asleep on ST while playing it. By Zelda standards, they are abysmal. By general standards, they're mediocre at best.
Eh. Different strokes for different blokes.

I personally think Spirit Tracks is the 2nd best Zelda handheld game. Right under Minish Cap.

And you gotta admit. ST was pretty funny.

D

Deleted member

Eh. Different strokes for different blokes.

I personally think Spirit Tracks is the 2nd best Zelda handheld game. Right under Minish Cap.

And you gotta admit. ST was pretty funny.
I can't remember the humor. All I remember was a forced cliche story. And a game that was as linear as could get. It was literally on-rails.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I can't remember the humor. All I remember was a forced cliche story. And a game that was as linear as could get. It was literally on-rails.
Hah. There was still quite a bit of exploration. How far did you get?

The main reason I love ST was for its characters, plot, humor and music (orgasmic, some of Zelda's best). Gameplay is hit or miss (hit for me) but the pacing could be a bit better.

D

Deleted member

I beat the main story. The final Boss was neat, but not for a final boss. I think I remember liking Zelda's characterization, but it wasn't good enough to save the otherwise abysmal game. I also didn't like how it was implied to take place before the original LoZ or something.... (I dunno LoZ Timeline is confusing...). Still the idea of trains was dumb.

PH just felt like a mini-WW which wasn't good, but it was better than ST. At least for me...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Eh, I tried to convert you.

Oh well.

:troll:

I think we can both agree that we will see some ST content in SSB4 though right?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait wait wait!!! Is there such a thing as a bad Zelda game? Is there?

And no, the CD-i games don't count! Pretend they don't exist, for humanity's sake!

I have played and completed: original Zelda, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time (and Master Quest too), Majora's Mask (though the playthrough wasn't entirely done by me), Four Swords, The Wind Waker (my first and personal favorite), Four Swords Adventures, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword.
Have played but never completed: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Never played: A Link to the Past, both Oracle Games (coming soon on 3DS! =D), Minish Cap

I might have enjoyed some games more than others, but they were all good games.

Regarding Staven (I'm European!), he is quite badass, but he has literally lost the train, but I'm sure we will have content from this game, ranging from trophies, music (loved the overworld theme! :awesome:) and perhaps a stage.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I tried to convert you.

Oh well.

:troll:

I think we can both agree that we will see some ST content in SSB4 though right?
I really hope not. That game should just be forgotten...

@ Frost

I've played all, but SS which I'm playing now.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We learn from mistakes. Forgetting such mistakes is recipe for doing them again...

We can all agree that CD-i games SHOULD be forgotten, though. Even so, they teach much on "how NOT to do a video game."

D

Deleted member

Come now. Even supposed "screw ups" should never be forgotten. Besides...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks

Most people seem to like it and it was a commercial success. Now before you start you start to say people have terrible taste, you must remember its only your personal opinion. Nothing more.
B-but people DO have **** taste.

Nah, it's cool if people like it, but I still stand by my opinion of the game. I played it and gave it my personal judgement. Other people are entitled to think what they like.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Byrne could be a pretty cool Assist Trophy, shooting his claw hand thing all over the place. As an antagonist, I liked him a heck of a lot more than Ghirahim. Definitely don't support him for playability, though. He's just too obscure and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, especially since Spirit Tracks sort of fell under the radar. I personally liked it, but it really was a chore, and it seems to be pretty forgotten, even though it only came out in 2009.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just couldn't get a hang of the touchscreen controls. So, both PH ans ST were kind meh for me.
Luckily, I was emulating them, otherwise I would have been pissed.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Oh, if you want to find out which Zelda game is the worst, I'd suggest either Zelda II or Phantom Hourglass. Zelda 2 is tedious and boring. Phantom Hourglass is pretty much a bunch of annoying things wrapped up into one big tinfoil sculpture of a horrible Zelda game WITHOUT THE BACON!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just couldn't get a hang of the touchscreen controls. So, both PH ans SS were kind meh for me.
Skyward Sword didn't use any touch screen controls. :troll: *Inb4 motion control hate.*

Anyway, Spirit Tracks wasn't that bad really. I thought it was pretty good as my first DS game... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom