• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

...CURRENTLY UPDATING...
...FOR A NEW LOOK...
...HANG TIGHT...

Still Updating, but here's this to soothe your patience. Thanks!

Meet The Crew (Beta)
So here's what I require:
  • Your Photo
  • Your own handmade drawing of lucina (On a tablet, Paper+Pen, Art Academy Sketchpad, etc.)
  • Country and State (i.e. "Orlando, Florida" or just "Florida")
And that's that. If you don't want to share your picture, you stick with making a lucina drawing alone with your OC (Persona or Fursona) Not sharing your state is fine too. Whatever makes you feel comfortable; This is all just for the competitive smash scene and communication with other fellow smash players.

[collapse=Misc.]
Sprites:

Lucina icon:

[/collapse]

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Was wondering when this would pop up. Great spoiler free title btw. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if she wasn't so damn similar to Marth I wouldn't mind seeing her. Even though she's more popular than Chrom, I'd say he still had the better chance. Who knows, maybe she'll be an alt costume (though Marth has plenty of different outfits to work with already -- he's too fabulous to be stuck with one look :awesome:)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
spoilers spoilers spoilers. Fire Emblem Awakening hasn't been released all over the world yet ya know. >:T Even though I already got myself spoiled to this by accident, I'm sure there are some who would have liked this to be a surprise.​

I don't really know much about her but I assume Chrom is more likely... :/

D

Deleted member

Lucina? Dear god no.

Suggesting her is bad enough, saying that she should replace Marth or Ike is just... horrible.

Keep her out, along with all Fire Emblem females.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seems she's in fact far mors popular than Chrom. But I guess this mainly has to do with 'OMG Masked Marth is a girl?!?!'- hype. You know, since I haven't played Awakening yet, I'd totally accept Lucina before Chrom.

I'd also accept proposal roster: Marth, Ike, Chrom, Lucina. To keep it simple that way, Lucina could be a Luigified Marth, and Chrom a Luigified Ike. Yet Chrom and Lucina could also share similarities...

Maybe through lance based attacks? Lucina could have a Spear / Javelin projectile, and Chrom a lance swing! Yet, 3 blue haired Falchion wielders all from the same linage is kinda pushing it. Yet, I'd still accept Lucina over Roy, or Chrom. As long as we keep Ike, I'm fine.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Keep her out, along with all Fire Emblem females.
Relax there Chrono.

I wouldn't mind. Isn't pretty important in awakening? It is kind of hard to imagine a roster that doesn't include Chrom, or Roy though. As much as most would rather have another FE character playable. (Eirika, Micaiah, and Caeda are my ladies)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Gotta yet see how Lucina's like, but I know now I have yet another individual to add to the crew of "Smash Brother Incarnations" (others being Isa and Matthew and I guess Paris).

Also she seems hella popular too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Paris / Priam could easily replace Ike to if he is planned to become the next Fire Emblem's main character. Don't see ot as thatlikely though. And I'd guess Ike would still stay this one a d replaced by Priam in next Smash installments.

Lucina definitely has a chance though. Would make 3 blue haired sword users a little more unique perhaps?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Father and daughter in the Smash 4 would make for an interesting SSE2 sub-plot. :awesome:

However, why the OP sees her as a replacement for Marth/Ike, I do not understand.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Paris / Priam could easily replace Ike to if he is planned to become the next Fire Emblem's main character. Don't see ot as thatlikely though. And I'd guess Ike would still stay this one a d replaced by Priam in next Smash installments.

Lucina definitely has a chance though. Would make 3 blue haired sword users a little more unique perhaps?
Priam is really not an important character. Hes a downloadable character that can only be unlocked after you've beaten all the main story chapters except for the last one. Hes more of a tribute to Ike .Awakening is full of these allusion so even the tribute is justified for simply being what it is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have to take IkeSama's part here. I've been thinking this over, and I really would like a Chrom/Lucina tag team to be made for SSB4. Either that or just Chrom.

Last edited:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I have an idea!
Personally I think a tag team FE character would be a bit weird. But I like the idea of including the pair up system.

What if Lucina made it in as an assist trophy and she followed whoever summoned her around and attacked when she was near somebody. Make a fun little, run away from that guy scenario.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have an idea!
Personally I think a tag team FE character would be a bit weird. But I like the idea of including the pair up system.
I'm down, I've always wanted an Eirika & Ephraim duo, but Chrom and Lucina make more sense just because of the mechanic being implemented in their game.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I have an idea!

What if Lucina made it in as an assist trophy and she followed whoever summoned her around and attacked when she was near somebody. Make a fun little, run away from that guy scenario.
No. I'd rather her not be in the game than be an assist trophy. That'd be like putting Mewtwo as an assist trophy for me. Really dumb, and a kick in the pants to fans of the character.

I'm in support of a Chrom/Lucina tag team character(s), kinda like Zelda and Shiek. I also wouldn't mind her replacing Marth, but I think he's here to stay. I definitely don't want Ike to disappear though, they should put Marth, Ike, and Chrom+Lucina in the game and I'd be very happy with that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not. Really, what's the point of pairing togheter two characters who are already sort of similar to characters we already have, but appart? Say, Chrom is based of Ike's moveset a little, and Lucina Marth's moveset alike, why would you want to pair them togheter?

But I guess the idea is similar to what's being suggested before. Prime examples: Toon Zelda / Tetra, Baby Mario Bros. and Plusle & Minun.

So yeah, guess it could work but am not liking the idea that much. Unless I see a moveset, I am not convinced of it yet.

Perhaps we can have a 3 character Fire Emblem roster as Marth, Chrom and Lucina for 3DS-exclusives? And have Marth, Ike and Roy on Wii U? Ike and Chrom could have similarities in moveset and playstyle (picture Chrom as slightly faster, lighter and weaker though than Ike) and Roy and Lucina would be Luigified Marth clones. Maybe Chrom could then be DLC for Wii U with a more Luigifed moveset opposed to his 3DS self on the Wii U to? That would make Ike, Roy and Lucina version exclusives in the end.

Just throwing out ideas.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
No. I'd rather her not be in the game than be an assist trophy. That'd be like putting Mewtwo as an assist trophy for me. Really dumb, and a kick in the pants to fans of the character.
Isn't that kinda the point of an assist trophy. Honorable mentions essentially. People who didn't quite make it in as a character but function well as a temporary assist.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How does Lucina fight in Awakening? Anything notable?

nessokman

Smash Lord
She is a superior swordsman to chrom. Revealed in their support, she stomps him in a practice session, but in the end lets chrom win so they can go again. She's fast and powerful.being one of the last alive in her time, she needed the skills to live where as chrom and everyone else .. Errr...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The name of the thread is now 10 times more interesting than before.

Lucina: The *SPOIL ALERT* :troll:

Superb.

D

Deleted member

Relax there Chrono.
Admittedly, it was an overreaction, but I really don't like it when a character is suggested to replace someone already in the game, especially when they are of Marth's caliber. That and I don't feel as any females would be worth the addition, especially in comparison to Roy and Chrom.

...though I am willing to make an exception for a Lucina & Chrom duo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thanks for the spoiler!

Sincerely,
An European player
I'm pretty sure it's "A European player"

since Europe has a consonant sound and not a vowel sound

A and An don't depend on if the words starts with a consonant or vowel, but what sound they make

honor, for example, would be An honor because honor makes a vowel sound

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd support Lucina as a Marth clone, but I think my support for Roy and Chrom goes first. I do love Lucina though, and wouldn't mind seeing her.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The name of the thread is now 10 times more interesting than before.

Lucina: The *SPOIL ALERT* :troll:

Superb.
Stahp.

May I suggest adding more stuff onto the primary post? A moveset input would be a start.
Working on it. Now's also the time for others to think of a moveset as well since I can't make it up myself. All I know is that Lucina should have a move set familiar to Marth's, where each has more oomph to it or not. Again, just like roy.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
May I suggest adding more stuff onto the primary post? A moveset input would be a start.
Just copy and paste Marth's moveset here and call it a day. :troll:

In all seriousness though, as much as I like Lucina, I don't see here having her own character slot, or her own moveset. I think either one of the following may happen, keyword may:

1. Lucina will be a unlockable or downloadable skin for Marth (somewhat likely)
2. Lucina will completely replace Marth, and have Marth as a DLC skin for her (less likely)

And quite honestly, I'm not a big fan of the whole tag team with Chrom that has been passed around in this board and other places. I know the fans are speculating this because of Awakening's mechanics, but I personally find as a bad idea. What, are the two characters going to on the field at once, like Ice Climbers? It doesn't seem right, and how will their Up B work, one character will sacrifice the other or something? That will kinda limit their potential it and it would be pretty lame, in my opinion. Or will they be alternating like Zelda/Sheik? Than that's just plain unoriginal. Plus, this is my observation, but people doesn't seem to like the whole alternating character idea, seeing how Pokemon Trainer got his Pokemon separated in Project M, removing what made PT unique.

Seriously, if she's is going to be in this at all, I much rather have her as a Marth clone. It's basically what she is anyways. But that's just my two cents.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well heres a Lucina moveset i found.

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Lucina-SSB4-Moveset-359129990

Picture description said:
Name: Lucina
Universe: Fire Emblem
Light weight character
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Entrance: Enters through a portal, unsheathes her sword and gets ready to fight

Lucina's A Attacks consist of her attacking with her Parallel Flachion. She is of course lighter and quicker than Chrom, Ike, or Marth but slightly less powerful. Though she is the weakest of the FE characters, she is the most agile and can rack up damage and easily avoid attacks

B- Falchion Swing- Lucina does a spin attack with her Falchion

Sword Leap- This move can be used to leap great distances as well as dodge oncoming attacks. It is based on her critical attack animation. She jumps horizontally and then slashes with her sword.

Up B- Out realm Portal- a portal appears and she jumps through it. The portal reapears higher. And she comes out from the bottom head first attacking with her Falchion

Down B- Counter- Unlike Ike's and Marths, her counter has her grabbing her sword carefully in a stance to block for a short period. If she is hit in that time period the attack is blocked causing the enemy to be thrown of their balance and trip. She then slashes with her sword. It can be used to reflect a long range attack kinda like a baseball bat.

Final Smash- Future of Despair- Her hair rises up and starts waving as her sword is encased in blue flames. When the attack is launched she dashes either left or right with the flames from her sword streaming behind her. Anyone she hit recives damage high damage and is KO'ed

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I still think its a cool idea to have her use the pair up mechanic as an assist trophy. Lucina dashing along your side, delivering powerful sticks to people you pass. I think it would be neat and deal the character justice by actually being more than a sticker or normal trophy.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
"I CHALLENGE MY FATE!"
"HOPE WILL NEVER DIE!"
RUKINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <3
I would not mind seeing her in the game. I would not mind her being playable. I would not mind her being an assist trophy. I would not mind her having no appearance. Most undoubtedly it would be very pleasant to see her in the game.
I won't even consider the predicaments that would occur, the possible cuts that might happen, pah on all that.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Exactly like Marth basically. She even shares the same stance.
More like Marth fights like her because they got lazy when creating DLC characters. Marth is pretty much Lucina without the mask on (when her hair is shorter).

Marth has never fought like that before in any game. That stance is 100% lucina's

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Lucina is one of the strongest lords wouldn't she be stronger than Ike, Marth, Chrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom