• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Luigi: Miles Tails Prower

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master

Miles "Tails" Prower has appeared in a long list of games including his debut Sonic the Hedgehog 2. He is the side-kick for one of the most popular series ever. Another bonus is that a relationship already exists with SEGA and the legal hurdles to get him into Smash will be minimal as he could follow Sonic.

Appearances:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic Chaos
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Tails and the Music Maker
Tails sky patrol
Tails Adventure
Sonic Fighters
Sonic R
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Pocket Adventure
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Advance 1
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Advance 3
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic Rivals 2
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic and the Freeriders
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Sonic 4

As you can see he has been in a lot of games. How will he play?

Playstyle: Tails should play fast and use his two tails for attacks and fly style. One huge inspiration is his skill in Sonic Adventure.

Stats:
Tails would be lighter then Sonic and slightly faster. However he will be able to fly shortly like Kirby. He should have fast dodges and arguable can take advantage of Spin Dash as well.
Speed- 8-9 out of 10
Weight- 3/10 (Probably the lightest character in Smash now)
Strength- 2/10
Dodge- 9/10 (Very speedy dodge, almost instant)
Fall Speed- 5/10

Specials:

Recovery - Helicopter Spin: This is obvious and can be used as an up special as well and maybe cause damage.

Neutral Special- Tail Attack: Miles Tails will spin his tails and use them as a weapon to fend off attacks. Would be a great defensive move that does damage.

Up Special- Flight or Flight Attack: This could be used to allow him to fly or even perform an attack while in flight.

Down Special- Spin Attack: Tails could clone Sonic here using the spin attack.

Side Special- Tails will come at opponents and use his tails similar to his attack in Super Smash Flash 2.

Final Smash- Tornado: Miles Tails gets into his airplane and is able to fire it at charaters on the screen and move it around.

Chances are not good for Tails or any other Sonic Character but the fact is that the characters can be easily and conveniently added to the game. Tails could have a fun move set and set up nice for an epic Mario-Luigi vs Sonic-Tails battle.

I wanted to create this thread out of fun because you never know :).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well you learn something everyday. I have played Sonic games since I was in grade school and never noticed it was Prower instead of Powers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His name is pronounced Per Hour

Miles Per Hour

Get it, it's a joke

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
^ I made a banter about it once:

Meaningful Names
Genis: So you're real name is "Miles Prower?"​
Tails: Yes? What about that?
Genis: Doesn't that sound like... "miles per hour?"
Tails: Now that I think about it, you're right. It bewilders me why I haven't noticed that before.
Sonic: Way to go there figuring that out, Genius.
Genis: It's Genis!
Tails: ...

And I suggest changing the topic title to "Sonic's Sidekick" or "King of the Sidekicks".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Volbound, correct the name of the thread. It's 'Tails', not 'Tales'. lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe you could get a proofreader Volbound! They're pretty useful. I'm willing to help if you want me to.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Volbound, correct the name of the thread. It's 'Tails', not 'Tales'. lol

Thanks, that was a typo. I was so focused on the thread then anything. I knew about the Miles per hour pun but I still thought it was Miles Tails Power because that still kind of sounds like the pun. Oh well haha. I can't believe I never noticed this as much as I played Sonic. It was my favorite series outside of Mario and perhaps Zelda.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Specials:

Recovery - Helicopter Spin: This is obvious and can be used as an up special as well and maybe cause damage.
Neutral Special- Tail Attack: Miles Tails will spin his tails and use them as a weapon to fend off attacks. Would be a great defensive move that does damage.
Up Special- Flight or Flight Attack: This could be used to allow him to fly or even perform an attack while in flight.
Down Special- Spin Attack: Tails could clone Sonic here using the spin attack.
Side Special- Tails will come at opponents and use his tails similar to his attack in Super Smash Flash 2.
Final Smash- Tornado: Miles Tails gets into his airplane and is able to fire it at charaters on the screen and move it around.
I've thought of Tails being in the next game, too, and came up with almost the same move-set (actually, I like yours better). It would be amazing to pit Mario & Luigi vs Sonic & Tails.

D

Deleted member

Would be great to see Tails in the next Sonic game. If Sonic had to get a second rep (which I don't think will happen), Tails is by far my favorite.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I'd welcome him, but only if he's in his robot walker from SA2 at all times.

Tails fighting hand to hand just seems weird in my opinion.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I played Sonic The fighters on the gems collection.
Still thought Tails fighting was goofy then.

I just think the walker would be better. I like the idea of having a cute harmless looking character in a big ass destruction machine. It's funny. Kinda like Tron in MVC3.

D

Deleted member

Like Eggman's Egg Walker, the Cyclone is too frigging ridiculous in design to work in a Smash format.

Just keep him outside a mech. It suits him much better.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think his mech (as much as I hate it in SA2) is actually a pretty accurate Final Smash. Especially if he unleashes that humongous laser beam at the very end of its rampage (like when you fight him as a boss in the Space Colony ARK).

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Really want him in. He would have a very very cool play style.

However he will be able to fly shortly like Kirby. He should have fast dodges and arguable can take advantage of Spin Dash as well.
I was thinking he would fly more like R.O.B or Peach when they jump and hold the jump button. He would then float side to side while spinning his tails like this:

Also, I like the moveset except his side B needs to be the same as Sonics. If not he wouldn't be able to do his trademark spin dash out of the air.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yes but he doesn't have spin dash in a lot of the later games, only in the Genesis originals. I feel like spin dash should stay with Sonic. Tails should be more controlling with his flight then Peach. ROB's style may work.

I hated Tails in Sonic Adventure 2. I hated playing his levels as well. I do not want him in the Mech.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Good catch, well then again Sonic 4 is a remake of the originals. I want spin-dash to stay with Sonic however to keep him special. Have the flying and tail swinging moves kept with Miles Tails.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Fal well I guess that fits Sonic 4 but that actually wasn't the word I was looking for as well. I would say a copy or attemt to bring back the glory days. From what I gathered, it didn't work too well. Sonic just needs to do there own thing and stop trying to be creative. Sonic Colors worked out really well as a 3D title and I love Sonic Adventure DX. Just focus on making a good game and stop worrying about gimmicks (Werehog anyone?) or trying to remake the classics (Sonic 4).

D

Deleted member

This is implying that it only applies to the classics.
When we have the Sonic Advance trilogy (in which Tails is playable and uses the Spin Dash), the Sonic Rush duology (Tails is not playable, but Blaze, despite not having Spin Dash uses techniques SIMILAR to it), and even modern games such as Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations (their handheld versions, anyway).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well as I stated before, my main issue with Tails having spin dash is that it would take the uniqueness away from Sonic.

I remember when Sonic Chaos came out and Tails was first playable with the ability to fly, no one played Sonic because Tails had all of Sonic's moves plus his ability to fly.

D

Deleted member

Sonic is not unique in the slightest with his Spin Dash.

If anything, him having it in the first place takes away from Jigglypuff.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not really, Jigglypuff is more of a roll attack. Also you can argue Yoshi has it as well if you consider Jigglypuff's move a spin dash. Sonic's spindash move doesn't really work right in that you automatically roll out of it after a little distance which I don't like or that it spins back to itself. I do think it needs to be more permanent in that Sonic shouldn't leave his spinning form until he jumps out of it like in the games. This would make it hard sometimes in that he could roll off the screen but he already has this problem (along with Yoshi and Jiggs).

D

Deleted member

Dude. It's a roll attack.
It's not unique in the slightest.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Half the moves I listed are cloned similar to Sonic but I always thought moves like spin-dash and homing are uniquely Sonic and is what makes him a strong character.

Spin Dash is not a roll attack because you charge it up and move forward. Sonic has a roll attack in the original Sonic the Hedgehog but does not have spin dash. Spin Dash was unique to Sonic and the first time it was ever implimented in a video game ever.

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
I know that in a few of the modern games, Tails uses fake, explosive rings when he's outside of his mech. This could also be an option for Tails, maybe as a a Down-Special.
Also, why would Tails be faster than Sonic? That seems odd, considering speed is Sonic's main trait in the series. I think it would make more sense to have Tails slightly slower than Sonic.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Well as I stated before, my main issue with Tails having spin dash is that it would take the uniqueness away from Sonic.

I remember when Sonic Chaos came out and Tails was first playable with the ability to fly, no one played Sonic because Tails had all of Sonic's moves plus his ability to fly.
Sonic is not unique in the slightest with his Spin Dash.

If anything, him having it in the first place takes away from Jigglypuff.
I agree with Volbound on this. It may in some way resemble Jigglypuff. And certainly the down B is almost a copy. But the implications of being able to do a quick side B spin dash completely transforms the play style of Sonic and makes him a unique fighter, as Vol implied.

Having said that, I don't necessarily want Sonic to remain unique. Tails would be cool if he has a similar play style to Sonic but more aerial based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom