• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 - Thanks for coming/watching ^_^ - June 15th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down to help run a PM event as well. Just as long as it doesn't overlap with the 64 event otherwise I won't really be able to help out lol

Rikana

Smash Champion
So out of curiousity.. people are actually gonna play playstation battle royale?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Pretty sure red x is joining PSABR too

also my brother and one of my friends are likely showing up for psabr

(I'm more than likely to get a ton of recruits for PSABR but I'm not allowed to advertise this tourney yet, lol)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Tin if you could also list my e-mail underneath of Brads (provided you find to suitable) as I will be helping him majorly in regards to running the Melee half of things. He'll need my experience for an event such as this.

I'll definitely be coming to this and will be entering Melee Singles / Doubles and maybe Brawl singles with my Peach depending on the situation.

Also I'd gladly run a Melee circuit as was done last year since Brad has expressed his disinterest.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin if you could also list my e-mail underneath of Brads (provided you find to suitable) as I will be helping him majorly in regards to running the Melee half of things. He'll need my experience for an event such as this.

I'll definitely be coming to this and will be entering Melee Singles / Doubles and maybe Brawl singles with my Peach depending on the situation.

Also I'd gladly run a Melee circuit as was done last year since Brad has expressed his disinterest.
I appreciate the help. Before calling you staff, I'd like to talk to you personally on Skype in the next week or so.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Anyone want to team in Brawl/Melee? I play Ganondorf and Peach respectively.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I appreciate the help. Before calling you staff, I'd like to talk to you personally on Skype in the next week or so.
More than sensible. Please send me your Skype alias in a PM and we'll iron out the details.

Very excited for this.

Also for any out of country / province visitors I live 1h20m away from Toronto via drive and provided you aren't willing to pay for an expensive hotel near the venue I am opening my doors to host anyone who needs it. Limit is of 1-2 cars of people and there are about 5 couched/bedded spots and floor / extra mattresses for the rest.

TinMan wanna MM in Brawl Peach vs Olimar? I haven't seriously played the game since like '09-'10 and it'd be nice.

Lights

Smash Apprentice
I am attending this, Refraining from the past from not having a job as I do now.
See you there.
Mrteddi is my skype for any concerns or questions for my appearance for this tournament.

Niko_K

Smash Master
first I've heard of this, care to explain, Niko? Sounds interesting.

Also, good **** Niko, gettin' it in. This event could for sure use your experience.
Bing said this and in response I said that I would be willing to do so if it meant some international players who normally wouldn't make it could because of an effort such as that.

Now just so everyone knows, last year I did the Impulse Circuit which was me giving entrance + Venue fee for players who placed in the top 3 of specific tournaments chosen by myself and Tin Man(On the brawl side). We ended up with some pretty strong players receiving these stipends(Silent Wolf, Toph, Juggleguy, HIV+ just to name a few). With this being said, it was a lot of work and to be honest and I firmly believe that these players would have attended regardless of if they had received the stipend or not.

Thanks a bunch brother I'm completely cognizant of the necessity to perform high caliber multi-tasking and understand the chronological skeleton of how the tournament will operate with the amount of time given. Having run two large scale tournaments (total of 11 or so), one of which ran both SSBB/SSBM Doubles + Singles alone it's actually become something I enjoy doing so slipping myself in was a naturally progression and partially motivated by hedonism....That and in all honesty Brad taking on this large of a TO responsibility just doesn't seem like a very logical decision, and I love the guy very much he's a great person I think he'd probably agree with me.

Bing

Smash Master
Bing said this and in response I said that I would be willing to do so if it meant some international players who normally wouldn't make it could because of an effort such as that.

Thanks a bunch brother I'm completely cognizant of the necessity to perform high caliber multi-tasking and understand the chronological skeleton of how the tournament will operate with the amount of time given. Having run two large scale tournaments (total of 11 or so), one of which ran both SSBB/SSBM Doubles + Singles alone it's actually become something I enjoy doing so slipping myself in was a naturally progression and partially motivated by hedonism....That and in all honesty Brad taking on this large of a TO responsibility just doesn't seem like a very logical decision, and I love the guy very much he's a great person I think he'd probably agree with me.
I'd have to disagree with you Niko. You've only see me run the local melee tournaments. Nothing more. So please don't over look my TO abilities. But I'd rather not get into that here.

Also, In regards to the thing about the Impulse Circuit. Like I said, Im not doing the tournament circuit thing but I'd still help international players get here for sure. Thats great that Niko is also willing to help.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
^ lol you never know, theres a good chance at least 6 bill will come.

Also, I may be able to house people in Hamilton. The venue is about 50 minutes from my place.

Benjamin (ninmaster13)

Smash Rookie
I want to enter into this tournament, however, i have not entered a Smash Bros Tournament before, should i start at this tournament?

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
I didn't expect that but, the flight for going in torontoat this time isn't very expansive. So I'm very interested for entering this tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom