• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost Songs found: Hatsune Miku for SSB4 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Miku for SSB4 Support Thread

Who is Hatsune Miku & the history of Vocaloid

Before explaining who Miku is, I feel it is just as important to write a brief history on Vocaloid and how Miku become a popular and iconic figure, especially in Japan

To all those who aren't familiar, Vocaloid is the name of a singing voice synthesizer software, developed by YAMAHA (big Japanese corporation that produces musical instruments, electronics, motorcycles, and more). Originally meant to not be a full commercial product, the software itself synthesizes singing by typing in lyrics and melody. There are many different types of singers, and each come in their own voicebank. These voicebanks vary in range, pitch, power, etc. Each voicebank is created by a singer (real life singer!) recording every possible sound in whatever language. Different octaves and notes are sung for optimization to offer the user a more fully comprehensive software. Vocaloid is not released as YAMAHA's product; the company licenses the software to third party companies, who then develop their own voicebanks packaged with the Vocaloid software.

The first voicebanks to be release were Leon and Lola, by Zero-g Unlimited, a British based company. They were released to the public in 2004. Leon and Lola spoke English, and are Vocaloid1, or part of the first generation of the software. Five voicebanks were released at the time:

- Leon → 2004

- Lola → 2004

- Miriam (Zero-g Unlimited) → 2004

- Meiko (release by Japanese company Crypton Co.) → 2004

- Kaito (Crypton Co.) → 2006

[collapse=Vocaloid boxart]

Lola and Leon

Kaito's original boxart design (left) versus his Vocaloid3 design (right)[/collapse]

Kaito and Meiko had nicely designed avatars on their box art, as opposed to Zero-g Unlimited’s voicebanks, which increased sales. Despite having character designs on the box art, Kaito and Meiko weren't made with the intention to give personality to the software, as they lacked character profiles on their boxes. This wasn't the case for future Vocaloids, especially Miku, who was the first one to have a profile, elaborating on the idea of an avatar. But I'll get to Miku's story soon...

As you can see, not every voicebank is created by the same company. The companies who created the most voicebanks (or Vocaloids) are: Crypton, Internet Co., and AH-Software. YAMAHA announce their new Vocaloid2 interface in 2007. From there Miku was born. Crypton made Miku first in their Character Vocal series, and marketed her as a virtual idol and was used to promote Vocaloid software. She was designed with moe-like features, and well providing a cute, high-ptched voice. Miku boomed in popularity, being sold out on the release date. From there videos and memes containing her were posted on the Japanese video site NicoNicoDouga, and other sites like YouTube, skyrocketing here popularity even more. Miku wasn’t alone, though. Many other Vocaloids were released in the Vocaloid2 era. Right now, we are currently in the Vocaloid3 era.

Miku's successes lead to the popularity of Vocaloid in general. Unlike Zero-g Unlimited's Vocaloids (who were released first in the USA), Miku made a bigger impact in the USA.

Many original songs are written by users using Vocaloids like Miku, who then might create music videos, animations, and illustrations for said songs. These videos also helped Miku gain popularity. Fan made videos of original songs (so videos not made by the original song creator) are called Vocaloid Fan made Promotion Videos, or PVs for short. PVs may also become very popular, and can help original works get more recognition and widen the audience. PVs may or may not stay truthful to the original song/video, or the original creator's intent. In addition, Miku has also covered many existing songs, gaining a large amount of views for said songs.

In short: Miku originated from the Vocaloid2 software. Vocaloid is a singing synthesizer software, released by YAMAHA, which allows users to synthesize singing by typing in lyrics and melody. Miku is one of the many voicebanks/Vocaloids released in the Vocaloid2 era. Vocaloid is not an anime, nor is Miku an anime character. There has been some video games using Vocaloid characters and songs, especially Miku in particular.

Still confused? Some resources:

- Click here to view a 13 min documentary about the history of Vocaloid and Miku's cultural impact.
- Click here for a quick overview of Miku
- Click here to read about the more technical aspects of the Vocaloid software and how voicebanks are made

Video game appearances

There are many video games which make use of Vocaloids, especially featuring Miku. I'll try to compose a list of video games with Miku.

[collapse=List]
- PangYa (PC): An online multiplayer golf game, developed by a Korean company. Miku was released as a special event skin

- 13-sai no Hello Work DS (DS): First appearance in a handheld console game

- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA (PSP): rhythm-based game featuring music arranged by the Vocaloid software

- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Arcade (arcade installment)

- Toro's Friend Network (PS Vita): Special downloadable app that had a Project Diva f crossover dungeon. Additionally, various Vocaloid items are available for customization (for example, you could dress up Toro like Miku)

- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ (PS Vita and PS3): Released in NA and Europe, making it the first Project DIVA game to be released in the West. Vita version is set to release in NA and Europe in 2014

- Miku Flick (iOS): Spin-off of the Project DIVA series that was also released internationally

- Miku Flick/02 (iOS): Also released internationally

- Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai (3DS): Spin-off of the Project DIVA series

- Samurai & Dragons (PS Vita): DLC Vocaloid characters

- Yakuza 5 (PS3): Miku costume

- Super Robot Taisen UX (3DS): Mech design after Miku

- 7th Dragon 2020 and its sequel (PSP): Miku is a NPC, and provides BGMs

- Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP) and Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC, PS Vita): Various Miku clothes and Vocaloid DLC content

- THE iDOLM@STER 2 (PS3): Miku DLC costume

- Miku Miku Hockey (PS Vita)

- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (3DS)

- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (PS3 and PS Vita): Set to be released in 2014

- Monster Hunter Frontier G: Special Miku skin

- Daigasso! Band Brothers P (3DS): Game has a feature that uses Vocaloid synthesizer software, essentially allowing the player to create their own Vocaloid by recording their voice. Vocaloids Aoki Lapis and Kamui Gakupo are available to download and sing songs

- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Remix (3DS): Based on the 2nd game of the Project Mirai series. Slated for a 2015 release and will launch in the West. Will be the first appearance of a Hatsune Miku game on a Nintendo console outside of Japan.

Feel free to correct me/tell me if I missed any game[/collapse]

Miku in SSB4

Movesets

[collapse=WIP]
General idea: Miku's a music, singing, and dancing based fighter. She also has some moves that help set up for combos, as well as having some projectiles for zoning. My idea for Miku is to have some rhythm-based attacks, as well as standard moves that play with different knockback directions, potentially helping to set up combos.

B - Keytar Blast: Pulls out a keytar and plays a chord. 3 music notes are blasted in the direction faced. Deals weak damage if it, however, if the right input is pressed right before each note hits the opponent, each note does more damage (so it's kinda rhythm based). If all three notes are successfully hit, upon the 3rd hit, the opponent pulls in towards Miku, setting up for potential combos.

Up-B - Melody Slide: Similar to Squirtle's recovery as there is a set "path". Miku slides upward-ish on a wavy path (reasonable length) resembling multicoloured piano keys (can be slightly angled though). As she slides along the path, keys are played, resulting in a low to high scale being played. At the end of the duration, when she reaches the end of the path, Miku sings the highest note, finishing the song, which deals damage + knockback if opponents are close.

Side-B - Leek Dance: Pulls out a leek in both hands, dancing gracefully in the direction faced over a reasonable distance. If made in contact with an opponent, Miku does a flip kick: she flips, then attacks opponents with the leeks then a kick. Moderate damage + vertical knockback. The move has a sweetspot, and if timed right, the opponent is stunned over a reasonable amount of time while airborne. The move slightly aids in horizontal recovery.

Down-B - Aria: Pulls out a mic, and sings a couple of notes, sending a small shock wave around her. Deals small damage on both sides, but decent horizontal knockback if hit (pushes away shielded opponents). This move can be charged for more damage. Horizontal knockback also includes pushing away items (including projectiles depending on the character).

Final Smash - Dance Party!: Miku jumps into the background, and starts to do a J-pop dance, singing a popular original Miku song (still debating what). A wave-like aura quickly releases, and surrounds Miku over a reasonable area (think Luigi's FS). Opponents caught in the aura will start dancing along (if it's too much, then constantly taunting) and can only be "freed" if an opponent outside the aura attacks the dancing player. No damage is dealt in the aura, however, once the quick song is finished, a final wave of musical energy is release, causing heavy damage + knockback over a reasonable distance across the stage. Miku then comes out of the background, onto the stage.[/collapse]

[collapse=Shirarisun's moveset]

(Note: these drawings are just to show what the attacks look like. I draw much better than this.)

Well, of course Miku needs a leek attack.
The Leek Slap works similar to the Fan item, but it hits slower, and as a result, is less spammy. Deals 3-5% per hit.
Miku also uses a leek in some of her regular smash attacks.

(Yes, the carton says "Popipo")
Attack similar to the Llyoid Rocket, except Miku always stays on it, and it doesn't explode when it ends. Deals 12% damage with medium knockback.

An attack in which Miku sings a note and sound waves come out. The attack has a short range, and everyone who touches Miku takes 3% of damage (the attack has an electrical effect that repeats 5 times, so the max damage of this is 15%) and it lasts 2 seconds. Low knockback.
Btw, here is the range compared to (just pretend) Brawl's Final Destination.

(I'm sorry I had no ideas)
Acts similar to Snake's up special, but whoever touches Miku gets 2% of damage done to them (this is also a multi-hit move, max 16% damage, however this is much easier to get out of than the Sound Waves). Very short knockback.

(I didn't know what to call this. I was going to call it "Koi wa Sensou" because that's what I based this off of, but it didn't fit what the final smash actually does.)
This final smash is very similar to Tabuu's Off Waves. Like Jigglypuff's Final Smash, the range is dependent on the stage you are on, For example this would be a hard hitting move in Final Destination, but it wouldn't have as good of a range in the Temple. Very high knockback, almost a KO.
[/collapse]

Stages

[collapse=Concert idea]
A basic yet flashy concert stage that takes place during the night; a starry sky can be seen in the background. The stage is decorated with lights, disco balls, stereos, and a large TV in the background. There is a crowd in front of the stage that can only bee seen if the camera zooms out enough. The stage itself isn't a walk off -- it's similar to Pokemon Stadium in that sense. On each side of the stage, there is a small platform which players can go through underneath but not over.

After some time, the stage transforms. The two platforms, TV, stereos, etc. fall and compress into the stage and the floor raises high into the sky. Here, there is just a horizontal floating platform. However, the sky is a lot clearer to see and many Vocaloids can be seen as constellations (Miku, Kaito, Rin and Len) as well as other psychedelic effects happening in the background. Sometimes large musical notes appear in bubbles and slowly drift away either on the side of the stage, or above it. These notes do no damage, but act as springs if jumped on. The notes can be destroyed by a strong attack, resulting in the note exploding in a musical tune (no damage taken though). After a reasonable amount of time, the stage falls back down, transforming back to normal.

To get a general idea, the stage pre-transformation (sorry for the crappy pic):

Characters aren't accurately scaled.
[/collapse]

If you have any ideas, feel free to post them and I'd gladly add them to the OP if you like.

Copyright information

For those who have questions in regards to the copyright on Vocaloid software, songs, etc.

Credit goes to uzza for the explanation:
The Vocaloid software is basically an instrument, and as such a user of a Vocaloid voice bank like Hatsune Miku can use it to synthesize a singing voice track for a song and then sell it without any worries about copyright. At the same time, the user gains full copyright of any works they create using Vocaloid, just like any other work they would have created, unless of course if they've waived those rights under a contract etc.

Where copyright comes in to play is when someone wants to use the image or name of the products, you would need permission from the owners. In the case of Hatsune Miku that is Crypton Future Media.
So if you want to sell an album and prominently display that you used a specific Vocaloid vocie bank, you'd most likely need to contact the company that made it and get permission.
For Miku however, and other Japanese made Vocaloids, there is the doujin culture where most publishers tend to overlook small-scale commercial usages, though it's a grey area.

For Crypton made Vocaloids specifically, they are very open about allowing derivative works, and see it as a way to expand the culture. For this purpose they created the Piapro Character License, and more recently they adopted the CC BY-NC license for the original artwork of the characters.

So in conclusion, all rights for songs created using Vocaloids belong to creator that created those works unless transfered under a contract, and anyone that wants to use them, Like SEGA for Hatsune MIku: Project DIVA, needs to contact the creators ,or the label if they're signed to one, just like any other song.
Any commercial usages of the Vocaloids themselves, by name or image, needs permission/license from the company that created it.

Eligibility

This is a very touchy subject. Many people will have different definitions on what counts as a "video game" or not. Technically, Miku originated in a software -- an interactive one nonetheless.

There are many characters who, technically, have not originated from a video game. Some include:

- Digimon: originated in a Tamagotchi-like handheld game
- Diskun: originated as the mascot of the Famicom Disk System, appearing in manuals
- R.O.B.: originated as a real life peripheral object. R.O.B.'s case, however, is a special exception

I listed these characters because they fall under grey-areas, just like Miku, and are open for debate. If anything, unlike Diskun and ROB however, Miku would be considered 3rd party, making her chances extremely unlikely. I don't want to give people false hope, however, I think nothing's really set in stone; perhaps in the future we might see some rule breaking.

It's worth noting that there were character polls done by a Nintendo magazine, Nintendo Dream. The Japanese polls gauge popular characters that appear on Nintendo consoles. These polls have nothing to do with Smash, however, Sakurai has tweeted the 2012 poll, commenting on Pit's placement. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai at least knows about Miku's popularity. What I take from these polls: Miku's a popular and iconic character, even among Nintendo fans.

- 2012 poll (Miku came in 12th)
- 2013 poll (Miku came in 8th)

Key points to Miku's inclusion:

- Highly popular and iconic character in Japan. Miku has cult status in the West, so her inclusion wouldn't only appeal to the Japanese
- Miku's inclusion will push sales, however, getting the rights is difficult
- Unique moveset potential that could be based around singing, dancing, and music. Also can offer many J-pop cultural influences, which not all newcomers can offer

Vocaloid Rave Party!!

Below is a list of well known or popular songs featuring Miku. Most of these are original songs sung by Miku (there might be other Vocaloids in some) created by various artists, though there may be some covers. Also, most of these songs are in the Vocaloid Hall of Legend. Songs in this category have reached 1,000,000+ views on Nico Nico Douga. Feel free to post any Miku (or other Vocaloid) songs if you would like them to be added here.

The story on Black Rock Shooter:

Black Rock Shooter is an original character created by huke (Ryohei Huke), a Japanese illustrator. It was because of Miku's BRS song that helped lead to BRS's popularity.

Quote from the Vocaloid Wiki:
A Vocaloid song creator ryo was inspired by BRS and composed a song using Miku Hatsune, while huke created the movie for ryo. The video was a hit on Nico Nico Douga and YouTube, and this eventually led to the worldwide popularity of Black★Rock Shooter. Thus the order of creation was the character of BRS, then the song, then video, followed by the OVA.

On July 24, 2010, the OVA adaptation of Black★Rock Shooter was made.

Although her appearance is similar to Miku, BRS is not a variant or derivative of Miku and only became associated with Vocaloid due to the popularity of the song. Crypton has announced that BRS has no relation with the Vocaloid character, and once requested that users should not post the illustrations of BRS on Piapro.

Original thread owner credit: SwayneGang

Last edited:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Sadly,whatever is the ranking or the amount of requests,she stays a 4th party.And there is nothing we can do a out it.

Impossible aside,it would be cool.:3

D

Deleted member

I've said it before, I'll say it again; that poll had nothing to do with Smash Bros.
It was just a popularity contest. Wikipedia screwed up that information as usual.

Would I mind seeing Miku? Not really. I wouldn't care either way.
I mean, she IS technically elligible, isn't she? She didn't debut in an anime or movie. Would computer software be grounds for inelligibility?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's actually a very good question. She originated as software, but she has later appeared in several PSP and PS3 games along with an appearance on an obscure DS game. That being said, she sadly has little to no connection to Nintendo even though I'd love to see Miku in Smash.

Oh well, if there are options for customization in some form, SOMEONE (likely me) will come up with Vocaloid colors and costumes for certain characters.

D

Deleted member

Well, she also has that 3DS game, but I see your point.
She's possible, but horribly unlikely.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So she's almost in the same boat as a Digimon, where they originated in something that could be debated as to whether it was a video game? Huh.

But yeah, I guess technically possible, but extremely unlikely.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@SwayneGang: You may want to put more effort into making your primary post.

Anyway, based on the information that I've gathered, it took nearly two years after Hatsune Miku's debut for her to be on a video game system. Even when that came to pass, all the mainstream Project DIVA titles have been associated with the PlayStation systems.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
4th party means her debuts were not in a video game.

BUT if the 4th party thing is so questionable,then maybe that's different.

She's...a 3.5 party?:awesome:
Ah, I see your thought process, but that's not what those terms mean. There's two kinda veins when referring to party ownership.

Industry standard is:
1st Party - Console Developers [Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Apple]
2nd Party - Refers to a subsidiary or company with specific publishing rights. Retro Studios is a subsidiary of Nintendo. Game Freak is a private company with specific pub rights.
3rd Party - Refers to pretty much everyone outside those realms.

In terms of the Smash realm this means:
1st Party - Mario, Samus, Pikachu, Link
2nd Party - Banjo would have been one if Rare was still with Nintendo. These aren't very common.
3rd Party - Any character outside Nintendo's ownership.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@SwayneGang: You may want to put more effort into making your primary post.

Anyway, based on the information that I've gathered, it took nearly two years after Hatsune Miku's debut for her to be on a video game system. Even when that came to pass, all the mainstream Project DIVA titles have been associated with the PlayStation systems.
Unfortunately, that's not one of my strong points. Sorry. :(

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I would love to see this happen, but I doubt it will happen.

The only thing I see for her chance of being in next Smash is how popular she is in Japan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well some people would like to see her included in Smash (Including me :p) but because no one really requests it or associates her with Nintendo (or video games much at all), I doubt many people will care when she's inevitably not included. Sure she's popular in Japan, but that doesn't mean that it automatically means she's highly requested for Smash, it just means she's popular. I doubt Sakurai has even thought about this.

I know personally I would rather see her in some sort of Sega All-Star thing, because while not owned by Sega, all her games are published by them, at least that's a better fit than with Nintendo.

@4th Party
Yeah, that's just an unofficial term, but most people nowadays know what it means, and it's easier than saying "character that originated outside of video game" though that's not very hard to say either. :smirk:

@Barbasol
Pikachu and the other Pokemon are mostly second party, as Nintendo itself only owns 1/3 of the Pokemon IP.
And 2nd party characters aren't that uncommon, there's Isaac, Saki, Starfy, Ray, Chibi-Robo, and series like Eternal Darkness, The Last Story, Drill Dozer, etc.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Hatsune Miku is awesome, but her chance of even appearing is very unlikely. She's only been on a Nintendo platform once. The 3DS game is all i know of, if there has been more please do correct me.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Industry standard is:
1st Party - Console Developers [Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Apple]
2nd Party - Refers to a subsidiary or company with specific publishing rights. Retro Studios is a subsidiary of Nintendo. Game Freak is a private company with specific pub rights.
3rd Party - Refers to pretty much everyone outside those realms.

In terms of the Smash realm this means:
1st Party - Mario, Samus, Pikachu, Link
2nd Party - Banjo would have been one if Rare was still with Nintendo. These aren't very common.
3rd Party - Any character outside Nintendo's ownership.
Dude they need to post that on the frontpage or something.
Also while your defining stuff, what's a 2nd person view?

I see the only thing against Miku is that there are alot of other more popular sega characters like...uh... ya know what, I wouldn't mind a stage with her singing in the background or something. Not a big fan of Vocaloid music though. Or the fact that Miku's like some sorta jailbait sex symbol on the PS3. The games seem to be about making her and her digital loli friends prance around in bikini's while singing at maximum autotune. Maybe it's just a culture clash with my western point of view.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I. Don't. Like. Hatsune Miku. At all. But I do recognize her immense popularity. I guess it's just not something I'm interested in.

Also, Swayne, you may want to correct your information. That June poll wasn't rating characters requests for Smash.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I see the only thing against Miku is that there are alot of other more popular sega characters like...uh... ya know what, I wouldn't mind a stage with her singing in the background or something. Not a big fan of Vocaloid music though. Or the fact that Miku's like some sorta jailbait sex symbol on the PS3. The games seem to be about making her and her digital loli friends prance around in bikini's while singing at maximum autotune. Maybe it's just a culture clash with my western point of view.
1. Miku is not a Sega character. Sega merely has the rights to making games based off of the Vocaloids - or at least the ones based off of Crypton as GUMI was in one and the UTAU Teto was DLC.
2. Very few would even consider her a sex symbol. If she's a sex symbol, then by that logic, all schoolgirls are jailbait.
3. Clearly you haven't played the games, let alone understand the Vocaloid fandom. There are lots of videos, typically done in MMD, that have the characters singing and dancing to their songs in various costumes. The bikinis are just an option. Heck, Miku even has Ulala's costume while Luka has Sarah Bryant's costume. Aside from that, the Project Diva games have always been rhythm games.
4. Technically, they're singing in autotune, but that comes with the territory of being a vocal synthesizer.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
1. Miku is not a Sega character. Sega merely has the rights to making games based off of the Vocaloids - or at least the ones based off of Crypton as GUMI was in one and the UTAU Teto was DLC.
My bad

2. Very few would even consider her a sex symbol. If she's a sex symbol, then by that logic, all schoolgirls are jailbait.
Well...duh. But then why even include the pervy outfits?

3. Clearly you haven't played the games, let alone understand the Vocaloid fandom. There are lots of videos, typically done in MMD, that have the characters singing and dancing to their songs in various costumes. The bikinis are just an option. Heck, Miku even has Ulala's costume while Luka has Sarah Bryant's costume. Aside from that, the Project Diva games have always been rhythm games.
I bow to your immense knowledge and humbly beg for apology for my ignorance

4. Technically, they're singing in autotune, but that comes with the territory of being a vocal synthesizer.

Nothing wrong with autotune. The idea of singing holograms is pretty cool.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well...duh. But then why even include the pervy outfits?
Are you seriously calling bikinis pervy? It's not like we're even talking about DOA Beach Volleyball level bikinis here. They're something you could actually see a girl where at a beach. Meiko is the arguable exception, but she is an adult "in canon" (Vocaloid has little to no canon outside of very few cases). And I suppose it's only fair that Kaito be in a speedo then.

Even then, it's fan service that's rather harmless. Seriously, the way I see some around here about the female body and treating it as taboo is ridiculous.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If she was already deconfirmed from Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, it will never happen.

Darkshadow77

Smash Cadet
If she was already deconfirmed from Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, it will never happen.
Miku is not Sega property, so it really doesn't matter whether she's in a Sega Crossover game or not.

Then again, her chances are slim. I don't think it will ever happen. Plus, I really don't know if a Computer Software could be considered a game XD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
RAWR NECROBUMP

Anyway, the OPs of the thread have been changed, best of luck with the thread Croph!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Thanks for the ownership change.

I feel that a popular character and icon like Miku (especially in Japan) deserves a more complete and detailed OP, even though her chances are very unlikely. I have some things in mind, so hopefully they'll bring life to this thread, and attract more people. Hopefully I'll get these things up by tomorrow.

Miku warrants a thread because she's technically eligible for Smash. Even though she's very unlikely, I feel Miku fans (like me :3) deserve a more detailed OP.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If this thread had been created now, it would likely have been locked away immediately. But if N3ON and M&SG are fine with this thread, then I'm okay with it, I suppose.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, it IS clearly unlikely, but isn't Hatsune Miku one of the most wanted character in Japan?

By the way, japanese wants Miku everywhere :troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
If this thread had been created now, it would likely have been locked away immediately. But if N3ON and M&SG are fine with this thread, then I'm okay with it, I suppose.
What's funny is that I PMed N3ON and she basically said the same thing about the thread being locked immediately by today's standards. It's true though haha.

At any rate, I've update the OP with some stuff. I think I wrote too much on the history >.> ah, whatevs...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
For the first post, Miku also appeared in Monster Hunter Frontier G.

Gotta love that piano sword.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I'm surprisingly okay with this and I'm not even one of her fans, I definitly rather have her in Smash than the likes of Reggie or Naruto.

A little question tough : Isn't most of the songs she sings copyrighted or does she have some specially made for her ?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I guess there's songs that are official, as there is concert, with an hologram. But I think there is different composers.

Not sure about how it work, actually.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
That's a good question on the copyright.

I know that Crypton has their own music label called "Karen-T" for Vocaloid users. I'm guessing Crypton doesn't need permission to use songs (for whatever reason) created by users within the label? The song artists will probably get royalties though. Also guessing you would have to get permission from artists if you want to use their songs.

Hypothetically speaking, if Sakurai & Co. were to buy the Vocaloid software, use Miku, for example, and create an original song using said Vocaloid (or perhaps use Miku's vocals in an already existing song) it should be fine. If they slap on the name "Hatsune Miku", however, they would have to contact Crypton for permission. If they use the "Vocaloid" label, they would have to contact YAMAHA. At any rate, if anyone wants to use Miku commercially, they would have to contact Crypton.

I know the music composer of the movie Paprika, Susumu Hirasawa, used Lola for some vocals. Don't quote me on this, but I think it was only sometime later it was revealed that he used Lola. Even then, I don't know how they handled the copyright issues and I'm not sure if they mention "Lola" or "Vocaloid" in the credits. But yeah, I think some songs in the Project DIVA series were commissioned specifically for the games (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yeah... I don't know much on these things. I'd appreciate it if anyone knows more and can clear some things up.

For the first post, Miku also appeared in Monster Hunter Frontier G.

Gotta love that piano sword.
That's pretty epic haha. Do you know if she appears in all systems of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom