• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigifying veteran clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Luigify, that's a word I haven't used in a long time.

Anyway what's your ideas? Mine are.

Mario/Luigi: They're mostly fine as is but may need more pronounced difference in fire balls

Ness/Lucas: Lucas should have PK Earth which makes a column of earth appear on the ground in front of him or creates a floating chunk of dirt in mid air instead of the PSI Magnet. Also give one of them a new Final Smash.

Fox/Falco/Wolf: CHANGE THE FRIKKEN LANDMASTERS!!!

That's all I can think of for now.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Luigi needs to bust out his Thunder Hand powers more from the M&L series. Sooo bugs me how like, they gave him that power, then it was never mentioned again. =I

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Falco: arwing so he can prefer the air, make it like Snake's final smash where he's in the background shooting at them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Luigi: Aside from his 6B, I can't think of anything really. Mario and Luigi are pretty much the Ryu and Ken of this game anyway.

Falco: Saumersalt kick for 8B, 2B as reflectors resembling Viewtiful Joe's Zoom Kick, dual wielding lasers (less spammy, more hitstun) for 5B, and some new normals should do the job. Final Smash should be something involving the Arwing.

Wolf: Something with a bit more of a space cowboy flavor. I had some suggestions a while back, but don't feel like posting them unless someone asks.

Lucas: Change his specials to be based more on his actual PSI abilities. Same goes for Ness. Not to hard if they're willing to break norms by including stat boosters. Save PK Ground for C. Viper Kumatora.

Ganondorf: Moveset based on his Wind Waker self. That is all.

Toon Link: Project M's a great base, but I'd put in new items to give him a more frantic fighting style compared to a calmer Link.

BSP

Smash Legend
Gameplay wise, I wouldn't call any of those characters clones. Maybe animation wise, but they all feel pretty different from each other in SSBB.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
For Luigi, the only change I think he should utilize is the use of the Poltergust. Instead of using it for his default B move, however, he should use it as his grab move, since his grabs are the only complete set of moves he and Mario still completely share. He could be able to suck in players in a radius of two-Mario-length in front of him and could hold the button to inhale as long as he pleases. His "throws" would simply involve him shooting the player out of the Poltergust's nozzle; his "pummeling" of the opponent would be the Poltergust's main chamber shaking and heating up momentarily (with evidence of flame on the machine exterior).

BSP

Smash Legend
We're actually talking about that in the Luigi thread in the veterans section. The Poltergust could be pretty useful if it made an appearance.

I envisioned it as a special and command grab though, not taking over his throws entirely.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Luigi: Vacuum should have been in already.

Falco: Love Falco's use of the deflector. He should have the same equipment as fox, but use it in a different way. Double laser is flavorful. Make slight adjustments to side B and Up B to give Falco a creative use of these properties. His forward Smash is awkward, borrow fox's 64 forward Smash. Falco is the kind who would launch his feet at you while twirling. New Final Smash.

Wolf: Different specials all together. Give him more of a mercenary feel. Shouldn't he be using illegal weapons? Not issued ones. New Final Smash.

Lucas: Different specials all together or scrap him.

Toon Link: New Items. Use the Deku Leaf.

Ganondorf: Different specials other than side B. His Warlock Grab is very flavorful. New Smashes. Different neutral aerial.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think Toon Link should have more moves based on Wind Waker, Minish Cap, the Four Swords games, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

how about replacing his Master Sword with the Phantom Sword from Phantom Hourglass, the Lokomo Sword from Spirit Tracks or the Four Sword?

they could put the Deku Leaf as his Up B, raising and floating like Peach's Parasol.

his Final Smash could be switched to him ramming the opponent with the train from Spirit Tracks, similar to Captain Falcon's Final Smash!

have his Grappling Hook from Wind Waker as his grab and tether recovery (not that it would make a difference from the Hookshot, oh well). keep his Side B as the boomerang, since Link has the Gale Boomerang. give him Young Link's Fire Arrows and switch the Bombs to Bombchu from Ocarina of Time and Phantom Hourglass.

also... his side smash could be the Skull Hammer from Wind Waker and add his engineer outfit as an alternate costume.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Please no vacuum. I'd rather Luigi not be reverse cloned and given a move that is blatantly in opposition of and in response to Mario's F.L.U.D.D..
But Luigi's mansion 2 screams the vacuum. I'd think Mario would lose the flood and have some spinning move he does in galaxy. Luigi needs the poltergust man

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was thinking what would Pichu need if he was to return as a viable character. Well for one thing either remove the self damage or make it worth the risk. Also if he had a different moveset that'd help him, if nothing else, not be a weaker Pikachu.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
well Pichu is the Dan of the series, as he was intentionally made bad.

even the Trophy said he was best for use in handicap matches.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd rather not see characters Luigified just for the sake of diversity. Just because a character could be considered a "clone" doesn't make them a bad character. A character should only be Luigified if that is the only way to make them work.

That said, I do have some suggestions/thoughts for a few characters:
Falco/Wolf: They should get different Final Smashes. Don't personally know enough about Star Fox to make suggestions, though I feel like Falco should get an Arwing.

Lucas: see here.

Luigi: Don't want to see the vacuum unless it can be integrated meaningfully, and not just shoved into his moveset like FLUDD was for Mario.

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
1) Give Wolf a Wolfen, Falco an Arwing, Fox a Landmaster. That's easy.

2) Give wolf a new FSpecial, one that isn't super circumstantial and too much like phantasm. Preferably a "wolfication" of marth's Fspecial

Boom, Wolf, Fox, and Falco are much less alike.

3) Make luigi's fireballs travel faster, farther, and in a straight line. Make Mario's have more damage, slower, and bounce.

4) Make luigi have a new DSmash. Along with a new Backward Grab, including his Vacuum.

Boom, Luigi doesn't feel so luigified.

5) Give Captain Falcon a more Acrobatic DSmash, probably more of a breakdance kick.

6) Give Ganondorf his f'ing weapon(s) which would give him a mid-long range double sword smash. No more elbows.

7) Make Ganondorf sheath or wield his weapon(s), adding range, damage, and lowering his speed to all sorts of jabs and what not. Make him feel like a toggable Ike, but faster and weaker. This is with his DSpecial

Boom! No more Ganondorf and Captain Falcon lugi clone problems.

8) Make Lucas' DSpecial be larger, and placed in an area. No longer a channeled move, it last 3 seconds and he can move around it an use other moves.

9) Make Ness have a new, multi hit DAir.

Boom! No Lucas ness lugification.

What do you guys think?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sorry to resurrect this thread but it seemed better than making a new one.

Can this be moved to the characters discussion please?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thread has been moved to the Smash Veterans forum, per Guybrush20X6's request.

Edit: Change of plans. This thread will just be in the Character Discussion forum instead, as normal users are not permitted to make new threads in the Smash Veterans forum.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok awesome. Some actual content in the Veteran section!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
-Make Luigi N-special more different that mario's by making it faster maybe and bounces lower
-Ness should get PSI rockin replacing his down special
-Lucas should use his Project M move-set, with his FS being PK Ground
-Ganondorf should use his sword for his smashes and his N-secial, making him more diverse than falcon
-Mario should either get fludd fixed or get back his old moves
-Roy, if he comes back, should have a different side and down special. We don't need another counter and he should get a more original move that what Marth's side special is. FS, he uses all thew legendary weapons from FE6
-If Doctor Mario comes back replace all his specials except his N-special. FS is playing the actual doctor mario crushing opponents with pills
-Pichu will most likely not come back, but if he did, change most of his moveset.
-Mewtwo should stay the same. FS should be New forme
-Lucario is mostly good, just tweak the aura sphere
-Falco should have his side special change while also changing FS to the arwing.
-Wolf needs a new FS as well.
-Toon Link is mostly good, but change the FS to him using the WW to make a tornado to appear.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With both Lucario and Mewtwo gettign Mega Pokemon forms how different do you think they'll be if both are in?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hopefully this time Lucario will feel less like a psychic Pokemon and actually hit things like a fighting type whilst also having a decent fall speed; he's steel after all. He can keep his Aura projectiles of course, but it'd make him less like Mewtwo.

Mewtwo can switch between his floaty floaty feel from Melee in the MegaMewtwo form(that thing is insanely small and light compared to regular Mewtwo), and regular ol Mewtwo can have some weight and slightly less floaty. Also give him a powerful psychic attack this time. Confusion indeed.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Hopefully this time Lucario will feel less like a psychic Pokemon and actually hit things like a fighting type whilst also having a decent fall speed; he's steel after all. He can keep his Aura projectiles of course, but it'd make him less like Mewtwo.

Mewtwo can switch between his floaty floaty feel from Melee in the MegaMewtwo form(that thing is insanely small and light compared to regular Mewtwo), and regular ol Mewtwo can have some weight and slightly less floaty. Also give him a powerful psychic attack this time. Confusion indeed.
^This! All of....this! Also give Mewtwo Psycho Cut

D

Deleted member

Mario/Luigi: They're fine. However, I would have Luigi's Poltergust be his method to grab opponents and have his throws be based on that. That and I would revive Luigi's Up Smash from SSB64 and back air from SSBM.
Fox/Falco/Wolf: I think they could change some of the animations with Falco and Wolf's moveset is fine in my opinion. However, Fox should use a Landmaster, Falco should use an Arwing, and Wolf should summon his members from Star Wolf and attack in their Wolfens for each characters respective Final Smash.
Captain Falcon/Ganondorf: Give poor Ganondorf his freaking sword. He he could use both physical and sword attacks. That and he could throw projectiles and use his trident for his special moves.
Ness/Lucas: I would personally change Lucas' Final Smash to being PK Love. Also, Lucas' side special move (PK Fire) should be replaced by PK Ground.

grizby2

Smash Lord
1.ness needs PSI rockin as his FS, Lucas needs PK Love as his FS.

2.make ness's psi magnet have a bigger pushing effect, it'll give it a utility this way. Lucas's psi magnet can stay the same, allow it to still hit people, but projectiles MUST be absorbed from the front side only.

3. give ness's F-smash the knockback of Lucas's F-smash (for logic's sake >.>), and rework a new F-smash for lucas (maybe one with more hitboxes? could be cool...)

4. ness keeps his U-air, re-work a new U-air for lucas.

5. not necessary, but maybe a new a combo for lucas to get rid of the over-used 1-2-3 hit scheme and set him more apart from ness.

Pk fire, flash/freeze and thunder , while having the same look, obviously have vastly different hit-boxes, utility, and knockback mechanics. there's no need to change these moves.

the rest of their moves are different enough really. right now I wouldn't even say they're luigified, they're more like ...wolfified.... lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Check some of the changes they did to Melee SD Remix's Ness.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Luigi needs to bust out his Thunder Hand powers more from the M&L series. Sooo bugs me how like, they gave him that power, then it was never mentioned again. =I
Raging because Luigi still doesn't have that aasdsadadasffsdasd.

Luigi should utilize the Poltergust and Thunder in some form (The latter doesn't look too good).
Lucas should have access to PK Ground, I mean if he's going to take moves from friends, might as well take one Ness doesn't know.
Ganondorf needs projectiles and a sword.
Toon Link should, at the very least, have the hurricane spin attack (ideally, he's suppose to be a clone so it's mostly alright. I just wish he does more vertical swings like he did in Wind Waker).
Star Fox characters need less Landmasters.
If Mewtwo does return, Lucario needs to be more like a fighting type and less like a Psychic type.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From what's been confirmed so far, Luigi now has a unique jumping animation and Lucario has had his Aura mechanics affect more attacks. No word on how Toon Link is any different yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom