• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6b Hyrule Castle Crash(Dolphin, OSX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDomovoi

Smash Rookie
Title: Hyrule Castle Crash

Version found in: 3.6b

Hardware: Dolphin 4.0-6930 (Mac OS X Yosemite)
Loading Method: PM ISO

Details: Start PM 3.6b in Dolphin, Select either Training or versus. Choose characters, choose Hyrule Castle Map, observe crash. The following message is printed in an alert modal:

Error...

Line: 244
File: /build/release-osx-x64/build/Source/Core/VideoCommon/VertexShaderGen.cpp
Time: 15:24:13

Additional notes:

Hey everyone,

Hope I haven't forgotten anything here. I did a search of the forums and didn't see anyone mention this specifically. The bug is referencing the the Dolphin source, I believe, but 3.5 doesn't crash under these same circumstances, so, I thought I would post here anyway, just in case it might be helpful. I have repro'd on 3 different Macs (can provide specs for those if needed.) I haven't gone through all the stages to see if any other present this issue, and I also have not attempted reproduction on Windows or Linux.

Narpas_sword

@ DigitalDomovoi DigitalDomovoi

It works fine for me in windows. Unable to test with mac.
Have you tried different dolphin builds? remade your iso?

Probably worth raising an issue on the dolphin forums rather than here. This really doesn't fit as a Project M bug.

DigitalDomovoi

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I rebuilt the ISO on each machine I tested on. I haven't tested with different versions of Dolphin, just different versions of PM. I'll be posting it on Dolphin as well, but, I've brought it here because the only variable needed to repro is the version of PM used. Just figured you guys would like to be aware as well.

Narpas_sword

Yeah, I rebuilt the ISO on each machine I tested on. I haven't tested with different versions of Dolphin, just different versions of PM. I'll be posting it on Dolphin as well, but, I've brought it here because the only variable needed to repro is the version of PM used. Just figured you guys would like to be aware as well.
Well, it's not the only variable needed to reproduce, as I cant reproduce it on windows with 6554 =p
And variables are huge on dolphin. Could be any manner of settings you have, or hardware.

Dolphin support might be able to point you in the direction of what is causing it.

For now, try 6554.

DigitalDomovoi

Smash Rookie
The test your comparing changes two variables. The dolphin version and the host OS. So your results don't verify anything except that your setup works. I'm not concerned about finding the issue for my own use, I'm just providing you guys some insight. Under identical conditions (from build to run), 3.6b crashes and (from build to run) 3.5 doesn't. It certainly could be dolphin, but, because I've followed identical protocols for both versions of PM, the issue would *seem* to have been introduced in a change between those versions. I'm not trying to get 3.6b into a playable state for myself, because it's a beta release, just trying to help the cause.

Narpas_sword

The point is to narrow down possible offenders.
It's not as simple as 'this doesn't work'. In order to find the problem, the problem needs to be refined.

Therefore getting it to work for you is a key step, because once we do that we can begin to identify where the issue and fix lies.

Have you tried dolphin version 6554?

edit//
Now that I'm back at my pc, I downloaded 6930.
Problem exists for me there.
So, this looks like a dolphin support issue, and not a PM bug.

Recommend using build 6554.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom