• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XXTE - Replays Will be Possible in Melee

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Dan Salvato, a developer working on 20XX Tournament Edition for Melee, has recently announced that a replay feature will be included in the upcoming mod. 20XX Tournament Edition will run on any unmodded Gamecube or Wii. Players who simply insert a memory card with the files on it, will be instantly ready to use the variety of features that this modification includes. The replay is stored within the temporary game memory, and can be easily transferred to a memory card, and later a computer.

The system has a couple of other unique tricks up its’ sleeves. For starters, the speed at which the gameplay is replayed at is fully controllable by the player. In addition, hitboxes can be toggled on and off, allowing players to see just how close they were to landing that attack. Perhaps the most impressive feature is the ability for players to take control over a replay, allowing fans to act out various scenarios.

This is not the only feature in 20XX. Stage hazards and transformations can be disabled, stage striking, longer nicknames, and a “taunt battle” are also planned to be included in the mod when it releases in November 2015. Perhaps the best news is that 20XX is completely free and open sourced. Players who would like to get started with no hassle can pre-order memory cards with the files directly on the official website. The full announcement can be viewed below.

PushDustIn looks forward to seeing high quality Melee replays. You can send him the best replays on Twitter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't play Melee competitively right now, but this is really, REALLY amazing.

In a perfect world, every Smash game would have this.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
That's pretty golden! I really like that you can control the characters again during it; If I ever play Melee competitively (or just for fun), I'm looking forward to get this Memory Card.

Last edited:

Assassannerr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bookkannerr
I'm glad replays are included, but now Reddit is going to be even more swamped with replays of kids who think they are good for getting a 2 hit string...

VenomCB

Smash Cadet
I read through all this stuff about it, and I always see "run on any Gamecube or Wii with nothing but a memory card"... I'm just assuming that means we still need an original disc though... right?

Last edited:

Xerxes_Oli

Smash Rookie
I'm glad replays are included, but now Reddit is going to be even more swamped with replays of kids who think they are good for getting a 2 hit string...
dude I completely agree ill be full with people doing random spikes or just 2 multi shines

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I read through all this stuff about it, and I always see "run on any Gamecube or Wii with nothing but a memory card"... I'm just assuming that means we still need an original disc though... right?
Yep, you do need a disc, but it's pretty cool to be able to have 20XX on a memory card. Especially for me... neither of my Wiis will work properly. One won't turn on and the other doesn't support GC stuff. IDC if that's how it was made, it's broken imo.

Rocket-Bot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rocketbot21
I really like how you can simulate different outcomes. And do other things with the replays other than upload them to youtube like in Smash4.

samurai plz

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
other smash games except I guess PM and a bit of 64 would have no use for this. They're already in slow motion. :laugh:
Bans don't last as long as you would think...

Ignorance Incarnate aside, good for melee players. It seems like a very neat addition.

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7
Yes, similar to Project M you do need a disc for hackless, but it will lack some features. The hacked version gives you skins, for example, and doesn't require a disc

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Warning Received
Bans don't last as long as you would think...

Ignorance Incarnate aside, good for melee players. It seems like a very neat addition.
oooh "incarnate" very neckbeardy choice of vernacular there mr spelling bee champ.

I can get why you felt the need to capitalize the word as well, I mean it's such a COOL word (and you're cool by extension for using it) that by no means should you follow proper syntax or grammar. But I'm the ignorant one. Right.

I've been banned many many times. Takes more than that to stop me from coming back. I just like smash brothers too much. Real smash brothers games mind you like smash 64 & melee & pm, the ones that take real skill to play.

If you were to put smash 4 in slow mo it would break time itself. There is no slower game known to man, to slow it down any more would be a paradox.

:)

Please don't start a flame war again. Just stop, you fantastic troll. Lol.
But... but I can't help it. The new scrubs are just SO salty and I do need my daily intake of salt...

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I never really understood this, so if someone could answer that would be great: Will 20XXTE be able to run with all the features on a Wii without the memory card? I thought I heard him say that once but I couldn't find it. I really like 20XXTE but can't figure out how to run it on my Wii and I don't want to spend money on a memory card.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
oooh "incarnate" very neckbeardy choice of vernacular there mr spelling bee champ.

I can get why you felt the need to capitalize the word as well, I mean it's such a COOL word (and you're cool by extension for using it) that by no means should you follow proper syntax or grammar. But I'm the ignorant one. Right.

I've been banned many many times. Takes more than that to stop me from coming back. I just like smash brothers too much. Real smash brothers games mind you like smash 64 & melee & pm, the ones that take real skill to play.

If you were to put smash 4 in slow mo it would break time itself. There is no slower game known to man, to slow it down any more would be a paradox.
Yes, you are the ignorant one.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
20XXTE can be ran on a hacked Wii for free. It will have all the features of the memory card. Like the memory card method, it will not feature any new stages or character reskins to boot, but you could just add those in manually.

I saw the original proof of concept for replays back when it was posted. It's an ingenious exploit of the screenshot feature. It's amazing to see how far these features have gone. Back then Dan was still trying to figure out how to deal with RNG.

Yes you are the ignorant one.
Trollalicious? Yes. Ignorant? No. If you think he's ignorant, you already bit. :troll:

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
20XXTE can be ran on a hacked Wii for free. It will have all the features of the memory card. Like the memory card method, it will not feature any new stages or character reskins to boot, but you could just add those in manually.

I saw the original proof of concept for replays back when it was posted. It's an ingenious exploit of the screenshot feature. It's amazing to see how far these features have gone. Back then Dan was still trying to figure out how to deal with RNG.

Trollalicious? Yes. Ignorant? No. If you think he's ignorant, you already bit. :troll:
SHHHHHHH! I'm having fun.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I find it hilarious that Melee will now have a more advanced and useful replay system than Brawl and Smash4.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
When I heard they were working on this, I didn't expect much. The real time pause and play feature and hitbox overlay is extremely impressive. It's probably the only development I've seen in Melee in years that made me agree in saying "yes, this changes things"

Eureka

Smash Ace

But... but I can't help it. The new scrubs are just SO salty and I do need my daily intake of salt...
Is this really what you want to be? Do you want to be known as a joke? Do you want to be that guy who just goes on the internet and trolls because he can't find something to do that doesn't make peoples lives harder? Do you want to be that elitist jerk who dumps on other people's preferences because he thinks it makes his community better when in reality it makes people like them less?

Honestly, I don't know why you haven't just been perma-banned already. You've stated and shown multiple times that you make things harder for everyone, are only here to piss people off, don't care about being banned, don't care about other peoples opinions, refuse to contribute anything worthwhile, and that you are simply a troll.

If you truly, TRULY, like your games, then please stop reinforcing the negative view many people have of their players.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
The hype for 20XXTE is tangible.
Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays

Can I have some of that salt? Pretzels taste horrible unsalted. I'm actually doing an analysis and comparison of frame data and general speed as well as damage from the 12 veterans of all smash games right now, if you are interested.

Top Bottom