• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 bairs, 1 short hop

livelovenintendo

Smash Cadet
I heard you can do 2 back airs in one short hop... How does one do such a thing? I've tried but can't seem to get the hang of it, if someone could explain then it would be much appreciated!

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
You can do any combination of 2 Aerials (not just 2 bairs) So long as the first one is not a nair.

You just have to focus on making the inputs as tight as possible-meaning you have to input the first aerial immediately after jumping and the second immediately after the animation of the first one finishes.

livelovenintendo

Smash Cadet
You can do any combination of 2 Aerials (not just 2 bairs) So long as the first one is not a nair.

You just have to focus on making the inputs as tight as possible-meaning you have to input the first aerial immediately after jumping and the second immediately after the animation of the first one finishes.
Sounds tough but thanks for the help

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
You have to do the first bair very early, and you can't mash the second one if you want to be consistent; you have to time it quite precisely. It does become very easy with practice but it can be difficult at first. I'm almost certain it's the easiest of the double aerials to execute apart from the double aerials that end in nair. Also, I feel like moving sideways as you do it makes it easier, though I'm not sure of the specifics.

You can do almost any combination of aerials in one short hop; the only combinations that you can't do are forward aerial to down aerial, down aerial to down aerial, and nair to anything (technically you can do the first two, it's just that the hitbox for the second aerial won't come out).

Pure Royalty

Smash Cadet
try it with a bair to nair. its the same timing but easier to execute. if you can get that timing youre all set. then you can get into short hop aerials waveland which is a lot of fun to do and really advances your skill level.

livelovenintendo

Smash Cadet
Update: I can do the two aerials in a short hop no problem now. I just switched up my grip and found that I can do it easily. Thanks for the assistance everybody.

Top Bottom