• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[2.6] Reverse Falcon/Warlock Punch Issues

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
Has anyone else had difficulty doing the "turn around" in these moves? (Not B-reversal, the Brawl mechanic)

I notice most often when doing a "Flying" Falcon Punch at full speed that I just won't allow me to reverse the punch.

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
Oh right, I remember now. Falcon Punch does not normally work like a projectile, haha. Performing the multiturn (or even a single turn) is I'm issue I'm having.

EDIT: Performing it while jumping, specifically

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
I didn't play much Falcon during my first test run, but I distinctly remember being puzzled that I couldn't do the turnaround punch with Ganon.

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
I didn't play much Falcon during my first test run, but I distinctly remember being puzzled that I couldn't do the turnaround punch with Ganon.
It's weird, I can actually do it more consistently with Ganon. It's still doesn't work properly every time though...

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
That's not a bug, it's an execution error.
I've tried every possible timing and Falcon still won't turn around punch at max jump height. I don't think it's an execution error, I've been able to do the technique since 2008.

Magus420

Smash Master
Holding the B button prevents doing the turnaround. This is so you can avoid turning multiple times while trying to drift the opposite way during the turn punch. Release B and be holding backwards by frame 15 to do the turn punch.

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
Holding the B button prevents doing the turnaround. This is so you can avoid turning multiple times while trying to drift the opposite way during the turn punch. Release B and be holding backwards by frame 15 to do the turn punch.
Oh, okay. This is new for 2.6, then?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Frame 15? What the hell is that? Sorry, but I'm not a computer like the rest of you guys. I count in seconds, not "frames". >>'

Anyway, I've given this a try and it's working just fine. I wish someone in the Social thread had mentioned trying this...Even though I honestly don't like the way it feels.

Thanks Magus.

same as 2.5
Funny, because I always held the B button while turning in 2.5b and I could still turn around anytime with no problem. If anything, it should stay that way instead of me having to release it for no reason. It's very disorienting and I tend to end up shifting momentum and flying the opposite way anyway. It doesn't feel smooth or even useful anymore.

But oh well. Seems like I'm having to get used to a lot of changes for all of the characters I liked and had fun with before. Well, except Mario.

I'll get used to it. Eventually.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it definitely doesn't work the same way as in 2.5. But I'll give the one-touch turn a try.

Top Bottom