• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.5b Hitbox Database

Rat

Smash Lord
Hi everyone,

Well I've been working on a little program spits out all of hitbox data. I've put the my test dump up on google docs.

You can view it: Google Docs
Download it: open office, excel
Last Changed: 6/3/13

The point of this is to have an easy way to look up any information about moves and attacks and such. I'd like to be able to make a Pivot table or some sort of similar jazz. It's more or less supposed to be a fairly read-able database of hitboxes.

Also the program i made to generate this stuff should work with future and previous versions of Project M. The hope there is that it'll be much less work to create those awesome character guides.

Missing Characters:
For this first dump it errored out on SZerosuit. So the sheet is currently missing these characters:
zserosuit, toonlink, wario, wolf, and zelda

Also there was some bugs with Mario and Luigi so I'm missing some of their data.

Other Bugs/Issues:
-Block Advantage is currently incorrect. It does not take into account frame advantage from a Hitlag Modifier.
-My maths are probably wrong on some Frame Speed Modifier code. So if you see something that's wrong let me know and I'll try to fix it.
-Ike's Dsmash2 and Link's Fsmash2 don't include the previous moves start-up. Nor is there anything about the cancel frame
- Jab's don't include the window where you can start the next jab. Jab2's don't take that into account for their start. Jab100's are a whole other mess.
- Most Special Attacks are probably wrong - I haven't done anything with actions/subroutines yet.

Things I'm hoping to add:
1) Articles!
This is going to take quite a bit of work and probably per character coding =(.
2) Auto-cancel windows
3) Hitlag
4) Hitstun/Velocity Calculations
This will probably be a sampling from 3 different weights at a variety of percents. So you'd get a sense of the hitstun of the move vs Mario, Bowser, GW sampled every 25% to 200%.
5) Maybe Invulnerability periods and Other Cancel windows.

This is a personal project, so don't expect any of these things any time soon.

Hope you find this useful =).

Rat

Smash Lord
Let me know if you can't add your own filters to the Google Doc. I'm not sure if the current sharing level let's you do that.

Filters makes it a lot easier to dig through.

metroid1117

Smash Master
This is absolutely amazing, Rat. My only critiques are that "Hit" seems a little weird since it's the number of frames after frame 1 (Fox's shine seems to be listed as frame 0 instead of frame 1) and that there's no column that describes at what frame in the animation the move ends (as opposed to how long the hitbox lasts for), but both can be addressed by making Excel equations. Thanks for putting all of this together, this will definitely come in handy!

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Interested to know why you decided to go for uncommon attack names...
for someone unfamiliar with gamecode its pretty hard to know what things like "AttackS3S" is supposed to mean :(

I guess i'm missing to many terms to really get something out of that list, and i'm more than likely not the only one, eventhough its great work, and i'd love to theorycraft stuff with this :)

Rat

Smash Lord
@Metroid
Yeah a help page would be a very good idea. I'll type that up when i can.
And yeah I guess it's a bit confusing to find when the 'hit' is. To clarify, start up is the number of frames before the hitbox is active. Active is the frames the hitbox is out there doing it's damage. So yeah the hit is a combination of those two columns. Would you like another column including only the frame of the first hit of the move? Aka Shine would have 1. Shieks jab would have 2.

@Yomi
Yeah, I'd rather leave the names as their brawlbox names. idk it might be easier to just translate everything.

Anyways Here's each name means:

Code:
Attack11        = Jab 1
Attack12        = Jab 2
Attack13        = Jab 3
Attack100        = Multijab
AttackDash      = Dash Attack
AttackS3S        = Forward Tilt (no angle)
AttackHi3        = Up Tilt
AttackLw3        = Down Tilt
AttackS4S        = Forward Smash (no angle)
AttackHi4        = Up Smash
AttackLw4        = Down Smash
AttackAirN      = Neutral Air
AttackAirF      = Forward Air
AttackAirB      = Back Air
AttackAirLw      = Down Air
AttackAirHi      = Up Air
Catch            = Grab
CatchDash        = Dash Grab
CatchTurn        = Turn Grab
CatchAttack      = Grab Pummel
ThrowB          = Back Throw
ThrowF          = Forward Throw
ThrowLw          = Down Throw
ThrowHi          = Up Throw
DownAttackU      = Missed Tech Attack (face-up)
DownAttackD      = Missed Tech Attack (prone)
CliffAttackQuick = Ledge Attack (Below 100%)
CliffAttackSlow  = Ledge Attack (Above 100%)
SlipAttack      = Attack from Trip
SpecialN        = Neutral B
SpecialHi        = Up B
SpecialLw        = Down B
SpecialS        = Side B

Everything else is a character specific attack.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
wow, thanks alot! Didn't even expect help that quickly :D
I figured out most meanings by looking at the data, but still very helpfull

metroid1117

Smash Master
@Metroid
Yeah a help page would be a very good idea. I'll type that up when i can.
And yeah I guess it's a bit confusing to find when the 'hit' is. To clarify, start up is the number of frames before the hitbox is active. Active is the frames the hitbox is out there doing it's damage. So yeah the hit is a combination of those two columns. Would you like another column including only the frame of the first hit of the move? Aka Shine would have 1. Shieks jab would have 2.
IMHO the "Start" column should just be replaced with a column indicating the first frame where the hitbox is active, but it's your call. Just to be clear, I think this is pretty fantastic as it is though, and since the only people looking at this would probably be competitive Smashers, they should have a good idea of what everything means.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
This is pretty awesome. I'm not familiar with BrawlBox names either (and the common names are, well, more common), but I can appreciate the humor in giving a learning curve to competitive smashers.

Rat

Smash Lord
Is there also a nice list/picture list of what describes the bone names so I can know/guesstimate the hitbox placement?

Nope. But this is probably what you want.

For super accurate info I'd recommend using BrawlBox's Adv Model Editor (Preview Window.)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Nope. But this is probably what you want.

For super accurate info I'd recommend using BrawlBox's Adv Model Editor (Preview Window.)
Whoa, that's really cool.

By the way Rat, what does WK (column T, it's next to BKB and KBG) mean?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
weight based knockback is set knock back

if a move has any amount other than 0, it will never grow

B.W.

Smash Champion
You should make it so that it's set up to browse the characters easier rather than have them all on the same list.

metroid1117

Smash Master
You should make it so that it's set up to browse the characters easier rather than have them all on the same list.
The sheet with all the characters has a filter function; if you click on any of the cells in Row 1, you'll be able to filter out all rows without the value that you check. An easy way to look at specific characters is to filter out all characters and then check which one you want to examine.

Rat

Smash Lord

The sheet with all the characters has a filter function; if you click on any of the cells in Row 1, you'll be able to filter out all rows without the value that you check. An easy way to look at specific characters is to filter out all characters and then check which one you want to examine.

Pretty much this. Also I'd recommend downloading the OpenOffice and/or Excel versions. (iirc open office one has per character sheets.)

I've thought about making it more browse-able or easier to read. But that would mean either:
1) Expanding/Sharing the current Program
2) Writing a viewer/table App
3) Writing a viewer/table webpage

Option 3 sounds the most enticing to me. I'd get to learn some PHP and get more comfortable with MySQL.
Basically I'd want something similar to MTG Gatherer. But that's pretty ambitious.

For now it's better to play around in excel or open office. (Try making a pivot table, or some sort of Report.)

I spent some more time on this yesterday. I'll probably put out another dump this week.

Top Bottom