• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

16 Hours - A Reggie Fils-Aime Combo Video By NG | Fuel

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Last year at E3, Nintendo held the first Super Smash Bros for Wii U tournament ever, called the Super Smash Bros Invitational. It was a fun event for everyone and showcased some great Smash Wii U action. At the end of the event, Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime went on stage to congratulate the victors, but was quickly challenged to a match by pro Smasher and Team Liquid's own Hungrybox. Reggie claimed he would train up with Super Smash Bros for 3DS and be back next time to defeat Hungrybox. For over a year, the world eagerly awaited for this hype showdown to finally happen.

Finally, at the year's Nintendo World Championships, Reggie and Hungrybox took the stage to finally settle the score. In this clash of the titans, Reggie's Ryu took on Hungrybox's Jigglypuff in an explosive and action packed match.

NG | Fuel of Smash New Brunswick took all the Reggie highlights and put together this amazing combo video to show off just how good Reggie's technical prowess and insane mindgames really are.

It was a complete blowout close match, but when the dust cleared Liquid Hungrybox stood victorious. Reggie claims that he lost because he spends 16 hours a day running a company instead of playing Smash. Will there ever be a rematch? Who knows.

Be sure to check out Smash New Brunswick on YouTube and Twitter.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and thinks that Reggie was obviously sandbagging so he can come in and win EVO in a few weeks. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I really hope there will be a rematch, why don't they really get ZeRo or other Smash pros behind the stage and let Reggie pretend playing next time? Just like what they did last year, when they claim a 10 year old girl beats everyone at gamestop,called "Karissa the Destroyer", but turns out is was KDJ who did the job.

Last edited:

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
RIP Hungrybox. Reggie just doesn't sleep on :4jigglypuff: like everyone else.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even though he played pitifully bad and everyone knew that he had no chance of beating HungryBox, the fact that he lived up to his promise is pretty cool.

Good Guy Reggie: Even if he has 26 SD, he will still kick your ass on stage.

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
The year is 20XX, Reggie Fils Aime has kicked every Smash God's ass by training 16 hours a day.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
This never fails to not get me bawling. How hard it must have been to get good-ish not really clips of Reggie, indeed, kicking Hungrybox's ass?

Seriously though, this is absolutely brilliant and I hope more parody combo videos like these come up. Well played.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
You guys don't understand. This wasn't the real match. Reggie actually mains Jigglypuff, but he had to promote the dlc. If it was Reggie playing Jigs, he could've beat ZeRo.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I believe that Reggie has the biggest chance to take down ZeRo! Just look at his tech skill, mind games, combos, and that amazing rest punish!!! Hungrybox only won because of items!

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I really hope there will be a rematch, why don't they really get ZeRo or other Smash pros behind the stage and pretend Reggie is playing next time? Just like what they did last year, when they claim a 10 year old girl beats everyone at gamestop,called "Karissa the Destroyer", but turns out is was KDJ who did the job.
That needs to be a scripted thing; not like a prank, but a legit Nintendo video. :colorful:

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Next time there should be a crew battle between Nintendo and the top smash 4 players.

D

Deleted member

OK...
  • Side B when close to an opponent.
  • Use Collarbone Breaker a lot.
  • Hadoken next to the opponent if side B isn't good enough.
  • Jab but don't throw.
  • Side smash when the opponent is wide open, like a missed Rest.
  • Wait for items.
Thanks to this video, I think I am understanding more on how to play Ryu! Thank you Smashboards and Reggie! This will help for the next Apex!

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
The year is 2016. Everyone plays Ryu at COO levels of Mindgames.
Personally, I think Reggie should make a Guide on Ryu... the way he plays is just too complex. Look at all the Tech Skill!

Budwiser

Smash Cadet
Uhhh, that was... Okay? All I saw was side special, side special, and a couple of other things. Gonna have to watch the full fight to see if Reggie was any good.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
PWN
But seriously, he should've just used his Mii, it's quite obvious that Ryu' body wasn't ready.:troll:

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
This can actually look like mindgames if out of context.

Worth a laugh. The next person trying to do a parody combo video will need to do much better.

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
reggie is a force to be reconed with dude did you see him punch hungry box twice in a row wooowww!

Top Bottom