• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
If you don't have an actual brawl hack for Sponge already available, this request is going to be significantly less feasible.

Also, if memory serves me right, David said that he won't add alternate costumes that are entirely seperate people?
Technically that's already false. The Travis and Ninten costumes for Lucas and Ness respectively are entirely different characters. Funky Kong also, now that I'm thinking about it.

But I love them.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hey Davidvkimball I LOVE this hack ALOT and I saw you were taking requests so...

I have a Alt Request for Mario

Sponge! (from
Vinesauce)

I know it sounds stupid and it looks stupid but I really love this character and I want to play as him and when I saw you were taking request I though this alt was perfect for the hack.
(ALSO if you add this alt in the Vinesauce community will flock to the hack)
Erm, sorry I don't think so... Mario's slots are extremely limited anyway. But I'm really glad you're liking Legacy! :D

Hello, I have a problem with legacy of M 3.6. I download the 1.1 version and install it on my SD , starting the game gives me a black screen and remains so for all eternity, my SD has fat32 format, but the game is in black screen always starting the game, help please!
Have you tried 1.21?

oh wow these are amazing! ... any chance you could space out the alts so we could download them individually? *bats my little yoshi eyelashes
Stay tuned... I'm only 9 or so away from doing the whole batch. Then I'll release them separately and do requests and stuff.

I've been playing with your build for little over a month or so, I found a few bugs or more that aren't listed in the OP. You can add copy and paste all of them if you want.
  • Event 9, Clash of Swords, loads Brawl Battlefield instead Blue Castle Siege.
  • Event 11, Yoshi's Rainbow, freezes.
  • Event 20, All Star Battle x1, freezes.
  • Target Smash freezes by default.
  • Classic Mode freezes at random.
  • Training Mode rarely freezes while playing as Snake and doing his standard. B

I'll try to keep this updated if I see anymore bugs.
Thank you for reporting these!! Very helpful!

I have noticed some problems with inputs. Every once in a while, not that often but sometimes, when I enter an input it just doesn't register with the game. Minor bug but can be annoying in big moments. I've had this problem on Homebrew and Hackless for Wii.

Also I would like to request two alternate costumes:
Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf
Metroid Prime 3 Samus
Weird, what controller are you using?

Also, to keep you all happy..

Last edited:

Jakesnakegzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakesnakegzilla
Erm, sorry I don't think so... Mario's slots are extremely limited anyway. But I'm really glad you're liking Legacy! :D

Have you tried 1.21?

Stay tuned... I'm only 9 or so away from doing the whole batch. Then I'll release them separately and do requests and stuff.

Thank you for reporting these!! Very helpful!

Weird, what controller are you using?

Also, to keep you all happy..

I've experinced these problems with Gamecube and Wii Classic Controller Pro

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Alright folks, I wanted to keep this as one of the surprises but on second thought I'd rather run it across you all first.

So I'm planning on doing a version of Legacy called Legacy Tournament Edition (or Legacy TE). It would differ from Legacy in three specific ways:

1. No vanilla Project M 3.6 costumes would be touched at all (including being replaced)
2. 10 costumes per character would still happen, but instead of new alts, it would be recolors of the last costume (for example, instead of having helmetless Captain Falcon and Mach Rider Falcon, it would be red and green recolors of Retro Falcon).
3. Character and universal fighting SFX wouldn't be touched (no changed voices for Wario, Luigi, Sonic, DK, Diddy, etc)

Essentially it would still add custom music, alternate stages, and expanded costume slots to the game, but it would be even more friendly for people trying to use this build in a tournament (also filesize would be lower, making it more SD card friendly).

Thoughts?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Alright folks, I wanted to keep this as one of the surprises but on second thought I'd rather run it across you all first.

So I'm planning on doing a version of Legacy called Legacy Tournament Edition (or Legacy TE). It would differ from Legacy in three specific ways:

1. No vanilla Project M 3.6 costumes would be touched at all (including being replaced)
2. 10 costumes per character would still happen, but instead of new alts, it would be recolors of the last costume (for example, instead of having helmetless Captain Falcon and Mach Rider Falcon, it would be red and green recolors of Retro Falcon).
3. Character and universal fighting SFX wouldn't be touched (no changed voices for Wario, Luigi, Sonic, DK, Diddy, etc)

Essentially it would still add custom music, alternate stages, and expanded costume slots to the game, but it would be even more friendly for people trying to use this build in a tournament (also filesize would be lower, making it more SD card friendly).

Thoughts?
It sounds like 20XX TE Which is awesome so, Go for it! I'll DL it.

YoshiKiller2S

Smash Rookie

Thoughts?

ok i'm excited for it BUT QUESTION... Will you take requests for adding alts or removing alts or keeping alts?

Last edited:

Kyo_Xtylee

Smash Rookie
Have you tried 1.21?

I dont know where to download v1.21,
please give me the link to download and try, the link here, takes me to Braul vault, but there just see the v1.0. Help me please this mod looks amazing and I want to play =)

alex9918

Smash Cadet
i dont know why, project legacy m freezes when i press the play button at the project m menu, i have formatted my 2Gb sd card at 32fat, deleted some songs, even formatted my wii, still unable to launch it.
somebody please help ;(
You may already have this answered, But you may want to in future reference, include a Screen Shot of your SD card.

Jakesnakegzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakesnakegzilla

Thoughts?
Yes to all. I find that input probelm still so please consider looking into it. Gamecube

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
david, you should consider porting fountain of dreams over halberd and making halberd the primary alt.
this gives fountain of dreams so many more music slots, with default brawl songs still being kirby related

also gives you a free stage slot with 5 song slots.

maybe that's more tedious of work than you want to do though.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
david, you should consider porting fountain of dreams over halberd and making halberd the primary alt.
this gives fountain of dreams so many more music slots, with default brawl songs still being kirby related

also gives you a free stage slot with 5 song slots.

maybe that's more tedious of work than you want to do though.
While it's a great suggestion, I did promise to not move or mess with any of the PM 3.6 tourney legal stages, so I can't do that! Unless I were to remap all of the music slots, which would be... a pain, like you said. xD

Also, kinda cool announcement or whatever, my initial wave of renders is complete. This doesn't mean I'm done, though. Far from it. I have lots more to do and to go before I'm done, but I just want to say how happy I am that after this time, all PM 3.6 characters and existing costumes have been posed and rendered, and I'm very happy with the result but it's not quite polished enough yet. When I'm finished with them and release the update, I'll also release the renders separately as a pack that you can use in your non-Legacy personal builds (PM, Brawl, or whatever).

I..... I'm so excited...

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
While it's a great suggestion, I did promise to not move or mess with any of the PM 3.6 tourney legal stages, so I can't do that! Unless I were to remap all of the music slots, which would be... a pain, like you said. xD

Also, kinda cool announcement or whatever, my initial wave of renders is complete. This doesn't mean I'm done, though. Far from it. I have lots more to do and to go before I'm done, but I just want to say how happy I am that after this time, all PM 3.6 characters and existing costumes have been posed and rendered, and I'm very happy with the result but it's not quite polished enough yet. When I'm finished with them and release the update, I'll also release the renders separately as a pack that you can use in your non-Legacy personal builds (PM, Brawl, or whatever).

I..... I'm so excited...
wow! i'm excited as well. i really like your consistency with the costumes in the 1.21 build. your csps are gorgeous as well. can't wait for the next update. legacy is really my favorite custom build (aside from my own personal tweaks to the stagelist orz)

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
wow! i'm excited as well. i really like your consistency with the costumes in the 1.21 build. your csps are gorgeous as well. can't wait for the next update. legacy is really my favorite custom build (aside from my own personal tweaks to the stagelist orz)
Since Project M died, I was about to get rid of my Wii. But then, I discovered this thread. I'm keeping my Wii now.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
To get things jump-started on this fine Friday morning, I present to you... the final Mario Bros. renders for Smash Bros. Legacy M 1.3.

Just wait until you see the other ones...

TheLazyVidya

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheJoseRocks
To get things jump-started on this fine Friday morning, I present to you... the final Mario Bros. renders for Smash Bros. Legacy M 1.3.

Just wait until you see the other ones...
Dude, your renders are incredible. What do you do to get them to look that smooth?

Kyo_Xtylee

Smash Rookie
I cant play, the screen goes black , I tried v1.1 and v1.21 but none work for me , help me please, I want to play in FD 64 and FD 4, Is installed as project M right? then why not work? any idea?? this mod is awesome!!! please, I want to play =(

alex9918

Smash Cadet
I cant play, the screen goes black , I tried v1.1 and v1.21 but none work for me , help me please, I want to play in FD 64 and FD 4, Is installed as project M right? then why not work? any idea?? this mod is awesome!!! please, I want to play =(
Send a screenshot of your SD card. I don't know if your on dolphin or on wii. If you're on wii then make sure its in the ROOT of your SD card.

Kyo_Xtylee

Smash Rookie
Send a screenshot of your SD card. I don't know if your on dolphin or on wii. If you're on wii then make sure its in the ROOT of your SD card.
Im using my Wii, if this is a mod of project M, then should be installed as project M, right?? I have no problem installing and playing Project M 3.5 or 3.6, but legacy of M is another story.
I 'm using a SD FAT 32 with the legacy of M files in the root of the SD card, or is it perhaps legacy of M is installed differently?

thanks for answer =)

alex9918

Smash Cadet
Im using my Wii, if this is a mod of project M, then should be installed as project M, right?? I have no problem installing and playing Project M 3.5 or 3.6, but legacy of M is another story.
I 'm using a SD FAT 32 with the legacy of M files in the root of the SD card, or is it perhaps legacy of M is installed differently?

thanks for answer =)
Yeah, No problem for answering. Anything to take the work load off of david.

Basically all you need to do to "install" Legacy is take the Homebrew (hopefully what you're using) and drag all the files thats in there into the root of your SD card. That's it
enjoy.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Thanks to my associate alex9918 alex9918 for the assistance. Do you have any GameCube memory cards inserted in your Wii? If so, remove them. If it still doesn't work, try reformatting your SD card and trying again.

Can you play legacy online ?
Also you can, only with netplay right now however. Working on getting wiimmfi working but I'm unsure about it at this point.

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
Thanks to my associate alex9918 alex9918 for the assistance. Do you have any GameCube memory cards inserted in your Wii? If so, remove them. If it still doesn't work, try reformatting your SD card and trying again.

Also you can, only with netplay right now however. Working on getting wiimmfi working but I'm unsure about it at this point.
aww mann forsure thanks, its still a long shot away from getting to work on wiimmfii huh?

Hell2U

Smash Rookie
I can't get past the boot screen. I put it onto my SD Card, no mods.
I'm playing on a Wii U, so that might be it, but is this due to a screw up in the SD Card?

Vigonator

Smash Rookie
I just recently found this and am loving it so far. Could we get the the CSPs in HD as textures for Dolphin, assuming you have them?

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Okay, so I'm having an issue with the content working. I'm using a 8GB SD card and after ejecting the SD card from my laptop and inserting it into my Wii and booting up Homebrew, there's nothing appearing in the Homebrew channel from my SD card. If I could get some advice that would be super appreciated.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Okay, so I'm having an issue with the content working. I'm using a 8GB SD card and after ejecting the SD card from my laptop and inserting it into my Wii and booting up Homebrew, there's nothing appearing in the Homebrew channel from my SD card. If I could get some advice that would be super appreciated.
Yo. Make sure the "apps" "projectm" "codes" folders are on the root, not the Legacy M 1.21 Homebrew folder.

Top Bottom