• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 1.1.4 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I looked at Marth's again because I suspected this and I can't believe we missed it...

Ftilt and Bair were typical moves that Marth mains were already good a tippering. They didn't move the tipper hitbox away for those two moves and call it a day.

https://www.diffchecker.com/zq6ncwvg

Add to Ftilt and Bair:

- Sour Sword Hitbox X Position: 2 -> 2.5 (be sure to specify sword because there's also the sour arm hitbox)

Unlike Dtilt which has the sour hitbox move as far as the tipper does (which is fine here; sour Dtilt usually has more reward), this one has it move half as far as the tipper so tipping is still slightly easier for Ftilt and Bair.

@Sammi Husky You did not post Lucina's in the other thread so I don't know if they did this for her. They probably did but it doesn't affect anything for her either way since whatever hitbox she gets does the same knockback/damage/hitlag anyway.

Last edited:

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
Is there a diffchecker for each character out there? Perhaps someone can link them to the thread, I would like to go through them.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I do not believe this has been mentioned yet, but I have a suspicion that Yoshi'a weight has been changed. My notes for Yoshi for %'s are off by 1-2%, much like Sheik and Zero Suit were due to their weight changes. This should be checked.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It was mentioned and the Garden of Hope scales test seemed to indicate he's still the same weight as Falcon.

I'll get Palutena jab kill%s before and after just to be safe though.

EDIT: Getting 734% both before and after.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
It was mentioned and the Garden of Hope scales test seemed to indicate he's still the same weight as Falcon.

I'll get Palutena jab kill%s before and after just to be safe though.

EDIT: Getting 734% both before and after.
After testing Rosa's %'s, some changed, some did not, due to how minimal of a weight change it was.

Doing a single test is not likely to reveal whether or not his weight changed. I am quite sure he has has a weight change since Meta Knight's down tilt sends him into tumble 1% earlier, which is correlated with weight.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
3DS FD.

I'm counting to death instead of lightning and pausing during the hit so the CPU can't DI.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
We neglected to post these differences earlier. Little Mac received Knockback changes on his smash attacks to reduce KO power to around the same point it was previously. They are:

1. F-smash (angled up): sweetspot Knockback growth reduced from 85 - > 81. Sourspot knockback reduced from 85 - > 81
  2. F-smash (standard): base knockback for sweetspot and and sourspot increased from 30 -> 31
  3. F-smash (angled down): knockback growth decreased from 22 - > 21
  4. U-smash (standard): Sweetspot Knockback growth decreased 80 - > 76, sourspots knockback growth reduced 100 - > 96
  5. D-smash (standard): knockback growth decreased 100 -> 94

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
Sorry it took a bit longer than anticipated to get back to this, but as far as ACMD script goes, zelda only received graphical changes to her final smash.
Since Dark Pit's only change is to his effect.bin, I suspect that Dark Pit's only change is the same graphical changes Zelda received on the final smash. Zelda can be set to No Changes in the OP and if this is true, then Dark Pit can be set to No Changes as well.

Edit:

Okay yea cap's only change is setting a variable during his final smash, nothing else. Sorry bout that.
I can confirm this one as well. Captain Falcon can be set to No Changes in the OP.

Last edited:

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about the double post but I am finally caught up with you guys; went through verifying changes thus far stated. I would like to direct the discussion onto Charizard who has yet to be looked at, here is what I gather. The only change is on Up Smash which has 2 hits where the first hit is dependent on the orientation of the opponent, ground or aerial.

The defensive box on the aerial version of the first hit changed its X position: 10.5 -> 11.0
The aerial version of the first hit changed its X position: 10.5 -> 11.0

There are 3 defensive boxes on the ground version of the first hit. The first two exchanged their IDs, so ID=0x0 became ID=0x1 and vice versa. This change makes the defensive box IDs match the hitbox IDs they are associated with. It used to be that defensive ID=0x1 protected hitbox ID=0x0. Now defensive ID=0x1 protects hitbox ID=0x1. Taking the change of IDs into account defensive changes are as follows:
defensive box ID=0x0 changed Y position: 1 -> -1.5 and X position: 2 -> 4
defensive box ID=0x1 changed X position: 4.2 ->

There are 3 hitboxes on the ground version of the first hit. The first two exchanged their Bone values. This was done so that the Bone value of the hitbox ID=0x0 matches the Bone value of the defensive ID=0x0. Defensive ID=0x1 and hitbox ID=0x1 now match Bone value as well. Size and position information was also exchanged between the two hitbox IDs. Taking the exchanges into account the actual changes are as follows:
hitbox ID=0x0 changed Y position: 1.0 -> -1.5 || X position: 2 -> 4
hitbox ID=0x1 changed Angle: 100 -> 140 || FKB: 40 -> 30 || Size: 5.0 -> 4.2 || Z position: 3.2 -> 1.5 || X position: 4.2 -> 2.0
hitbox ID=0x2 changed Angle: 270 -> 280 || Size: 4 -> 5

The second hit of Up Smash also has 3 hitboxes each with a minimal change.
hitbox ID=0x0 changed KBG: 105 -> 107
hitbox ID=0x1 changed KBG: 103 -> 107
hitbox ID=0x2 changed KBG: 101 -> 107

Note: Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the defensive boxes are the wing intangibility.
Edit: Defensive boxes are not intangibility, removing them from post and OP for now.

So in short for the OP:

Hit 1 (Aerial)
  • X position 10.5 -> 11.0
Hit 1 (Ground)
  • hitbox 1
    • Y position 1 -> -1.5
    • X position 2 -> 4
  • hitbox 2
    • Z position 3.2 -> 1.5
    • X position 4.2 -> 2.5
    • Angle: 100 -> 140
    • FKB: 40 -> 30
    • Size: 5.0 -> 4.2
  • hitbox 3
    • Angle: 270 -> 280
    • Size: 4 -> 5
Hit 2
  • hitbox 1
    • KBG: 105 -> 107
  • hitbox 2
    • KBG: 103 -> 107
  • hitbox 3
    • KBG: 101 -> 107

Edit: Flipped the removal and additions originally, this should be corrected now.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Exact value change of the increase to Flying Slam's grabbox
All hitbox sizes were increased by 1.

Hand hitboxes were moved forward 0.5.

Ground-to-ground
Sizes 4/3 -> 5/4
X value of size 5 hitbox (hand) 17 -> 17.5

Ground-to-air
Sizes 1/1 -> 2/2
X value of outer size 2 hitbox (hand) 17 -> 17.5

Air
Sizes 5/3.5 -> 6/4.5
X value of size 6 hitbox (hand) 15 -> 15.5

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-final-content-1-1-4-patch-discussion.430033/page-22#post-20858010

This pretty much leaves us with a few select things to check left. They include:
  • Exact value change of the increase to Flying Slam's grabbox
  • Potential Dark Pit, Captain Falcon, Wii Fit Trainer, Cloud changes.
Main post has been updated for formatting and Charizard changes have been added, as well as the invincibility frame changes.
Ike's eruption change hasn't been documented in the OP yet. +2 frame duration to the flame hitbox (non fully charged).

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Alright, it's been added in.

Dark Pit, Zelda and Falcon appear to only have Final Smash visual changes, leaving Cloud and Wii Fit Trainer.

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
Alright, it's been added in.

Dark Pit, Zelda and Falcon appear to only have Final Smash visual changes, leaving Cloud and Wii Fit Trainer.
Cloud and Wii Fit Trainer changes are only to their param file. If the history of this patch is indicative of anything (most of the param changes have been to weight or tripping), then I suspect the changes to Cloud and Wii Fit Trainer will be one of these two.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
:4myfriends: Eruption: 2->4 frames or 3->5 frames?

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
Gunla Gunla Thanks for bearing with me on the Charizard changes. There is one small error I found in the OP, possibly came from flipping the values around. Right now Hitbox 2 reads:

Hitbox X/Y Position: 1/2 -> 4/-1.5

when it should be:

Hitbox X/Y Position: 2/1 -> 4/-1.5

:4myfriends: Eruption: 2->4 frames or 3->5 frames?
san. san. Hitboxes emerge on frame 11 which vanish on frame 14 (v1.1.3) and on frame 16 (v1.1.6). This has not been my day when it comes to dealing with numbers, but I would say it should be 3 -> 5 frames.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Double checked :4tlink: and I was off on the fully charged spin attack number. Total frames should be 141 -> 139 instead of 141 -> 140. The rest of the numbers are fine.

Also where is the start-up change on :4falco: U-smash second hit from? I double checked and the second hit is the same start-up as pre-patch, hitting on frame 13, not frame 12 as the OP is stating now. Grounded, shielding, or airborne.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't know if this has already mentioned, but characters who changed its weight in THIS patch is only :4sheik:, :4zss: and :rosalina:.
In short, the weight of :4ganondorf: , :4kirby: and :4sonic: had already changed in 1.1.3.
I wonder why Sakurai and monitor team nerfed Sonic earlier than Sheik...
Bringing this up here for a thread update. Since these changes were in a previous patch, they are no longer listed.

It appears that any potential changes to Cloud and Wii Fit Trainer are not related to gameplay; basically all gameplay related element changes have been ruled out (hitbox changes, base stat changes, endlag changes), meaning that it's likely something like a visual change that doesn't affect gameplay. As a result, their changes will be listed as "No Known Changes".

At this rate, the other characters in this patch and their changes are basically finalized and nearly 100%.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If there are balance changes, expect a new thread.

If there are bugfixes, then no new thread. We will get back to you all as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom