• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old ranking, now defunct

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah berto, but its gonna be a while. Computer with all the tio files died. I should be able to restore my hard drive so prooooobably not a problem

D

Deleted member

I 2-0'd Luck, UTDZac, and the biggest of them all, INFINITY.
When I see my pr ranking go up, can you make sure to change my name to Lunchables?

D

Deleted member

I 2-0'd Luck, UTDZac, and the biggest of them all, INFINITY.
When I see my pr ranking go up, can you make sure to change my name to Lunchables?
Props to you for working your way up man. Glad Toon Link is working out for you.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Man, CPUs really aren't enough! I thought I was getting better since I was seeing at least some progress at PARG, but my performance at BR was unacceptable.

I need someone I can practice with on a regular basis. The only time I get to play any real people at all is when I got to tourneys(the like 2 a month I can go to). Anyone down for like a "study group" or something? I live in Allen and I'm available every Tuesday and Wednesday, so if anyone is down for some type of get together, I'm all ears.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
I live in Allen and I'm available every Tuesday and Wednesday, so if anyone is down for some type of get together, I'm all ears.
I'm in college in the Amarillo area, and I have a job playing in the pep band for our Men and Women's basketball team. We're playing for a basketball tournament in Allen, TX Wednesday, March 5th to Saturday, March 8th. If you can give me a ride to and from the hotel I'd gladly play some friendlies.

Last edited:

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I'm in college in the Amarillo area, and I have a job playing in the pep band for our Men and Women's basketball team. We're playing for a basketball tournament in Allen, TX Wednesday, March 5th to Saturday, March 8th. If you can give me a ride to and from the hotel I'd gladly play some friendlies.
Might take you up on that, sir. Do you know which Hotel?

d-man2292

Smash Apprentice
NNID
d-man2292
is d-man2292, not Dmon2292 xD awesome list though, i'm satisfied with my rank considering i've only been to 2 tourneys

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Has your score been increasing though? ELO produces strange rankings when the scores are around the starting point (1600) or below. I remember brand new players being ranked higher than me on the old Texas Brawl ranking.

D

Deleted member

Has your score been increasing though? ELO produces strange rankings when the scores are around the starting point (1600) or below. I remember brand new players being ranked higher than me on the old Texas Brawl ranking.
Yeah, it's been increasing.

The main reason why I was ranked that high previously, was because I got fifth at Who's Tyler 7 or whatever. And the main reason why I'm so low now is because I missed all the tournaments in between Disqofest and Play A Real Game 2 (including Nikefest).

D

Deleted member

Went from 24th, to 37th, and now 40th.

Well, you got a DECENT placing at a tyler monthly and the PR is very forgiving to coming into the system fresh. You start out at an average score, if your first tournament you do well, suddenly you are insanely high because you have no tournaments where you did bad.
THEEEEEEEEEEEEEN consistency comes into play. If you're not consistent enough to get around those results, you fall.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Man, CPUs really aren't enough! I thought I was getting better since I was seeing at least some progress at PARG, but my performance at BR was unacceptable.

I need someone I can practice with on a regular basis. The only time I get to play any real people at all is when I got to tourneys(the like 2 a month I can go to). Anyone down for like a "study group" or something? I live in Allen and I'm available every Tuesday and Wednesday, so if anyone is down for some type of get together, I'm all ears.
What'chu talkin'bout? I play CPUs all the time!

Also, Oracle usually hosts smashfests at his place on Wednesday, so if you're willing to travel to Arlington, then I recommend you do that for some good practice.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
What'chu talkin'bout? I play CPUs all the time!

Also, Oracle usually hosts smashfests at his place on Wednesday, so if you're willing to travel to Arlington, then I recommend you do that for some good practice.
I think you've been going to tournaments a lot longer than I have, so you already know what to practice when playing alone. I don't. :p

I can practice certain tech skills, like wavedashing, teching, l-cancling, etc. But CPU's don't really combo that frequently, so it's hard for me to practice things like SDI and what to do in certain situations (like projectile camping :p)

But that sounds pretty cool, how do I find out when he's hosting them?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
yo with all the possible interests from OOS smashers, the April 5th tourney is looking like it might become a regional...sounds like a good place to check your PR at the door and show everyone what you got!

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Quick question:

3 of us from college station are listed as being on deck. We all went to PaRG2, but that isn't shown under our names. Is this because we didn't make it out of pools?

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I think you've been going to tournaments a lot longer than I have, so you already know what to practice when playing alone. I don't. :p

I can practice certain tech skills, like wavedashing, teching, l-cancling, etc. But CPU's don't really combo that frequently, so it's hard for me to practice things like SDI and what to do in certain situations (like projectile camping :p)

But that sounds pretty cool, how do I find out when he's hosting them?
He usually posts in the DFW Melee FaceBook group. You should join if you haven't already: https://www.facebook.com/groups/350398944989752/

Btw, there's a smashfest tomorrow at his place. Hopefully, you catch this post in time.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
Is there a point where tournaments no longer count? I'm still not on the tracking and it seems my first tournament was replaced with my most recent. Just curious about how long tournaments count.

Edit: turns out I'm just on the list twice, the first time just happen to have 2 L's instead of il

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Announcement #3 (Pot Bonuses):

Me and AirbrushKing will be sponsoring a 200$ pot bonus to WHOBO MLG. Xyro will do 100$ for Brawl's top 3 1vs1 players 1st (60$), 2nd (30$), 3rd (10$) and AirBrushKing will do 100$ to Melee 1vs1 1st (50$) and 50$ for 2vs2 (25$ each team member). Registration spots are filling up so register now at www.airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobomlg to secure your spot. More announcements are on the way so stay tuned!

SWF Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/

FB Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/

AiB event page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
So I was wondering, what does it take for a tournament to be counted towards this PR? I've got three OK tournaments that I was thinking about submitting, if that's possible, but a couple of them had a really small turnout because the scene here is still growing.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
The qualifications are in the FAQ, but if there are no players there that were previously ranked i would prefer the tournament have at least 25 ish entrants. Also, nobody try to contact me on facebook because I'm in china for the next week and you can't facebook there

Top Bottom