• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Vinci Edition (3.6 For Fun -02.1 Patch Released) Feat. 300+ skins, 150+ stages and more!

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet

What is Project M Vinci Edition? Project M Vinci Edition is a custom PM 3.6 build which brings the best custom skins, stages and more! This is a fan build based on PM 3.6, but this build is not intended to continue Project M's development, is essentially the spiritual successor to Patt Edition.

So what's in it? (3.6 For Fun) So far, I've gathered a whopping 150+ new stages (including secret stages), 300+ new character skins, custom SFX, custom items and have put over 60+ music tracks. Every character skin has a matching CSP, BP and Stock Icon. Character movesets are untouched, but some skins mess up hitboxes due to bone edits and size mods.

Is this build competitively sound? No. This build is not intended to be used a PM 3.6 tournaments, it's meant to be a fun modpack variant of PM 3.6. But I have a For Glory variation coming soon which will replace some skins with bone edits with the ones with unedited bones, but like the For Fun variation, is not meant for tournaments.

Will this build freeze on the My Music menu like some of the other mods? Only if you select an expansion stage slot. But don't worry - I've made it very clear in the UI and on the menu which stage not to choose. No need to fret!

Is this build done? Nope, far from it! I plan on releasing more updates to this build down the road. For Fun -03 will have 14 skins per character and some removed songs. For Glory (competitive variation) which will be closer to vPM as possible and replaces skins that have bone edits which are skins kept in For Fun variation.

Are you open to suggestions? Most certainly. I'm all ears!

03/02/2017 - PMVE For Fun -02.1 Patch Launched
CHANGELOG

Replaced Ninja over Mario with Banjo-Kazooie
Fixed Eggman's Textures over DK
Replaced Colette Brunel over Peach with Cream the Rabbit
Fixed Dixie Kong's Eye glitch
Added General Melee SFX
Added Ness' Sm4sh PSI GFX
Added Captain Falcon, Falco, Marth, Roy and Fox Melee SFX
Updated Old Snake to newer model
Updated Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl over Fox to newer models
Fixed Minun's tail on Plusle & Minun over Ice Climbers skin
Updated Gengar over Wario to newer model
Updated Amy Rose over Sonic to newer model
Fixed Eevee over Pikachu's shading issues
Improved Flannery over Mario and Shelly over Peach's textures

9/20/2016 - PMVE 3.6 For Fun -02 Launched
CHANGELOG

CHARACTER SKINS
Replaced Kratos Aurion with Smash 3C Awakening Roy
Replaced Amy Rose over Peach with Shelly
Replaced Ralph over Wolf with Knuckles
Replaced Hoopa (Confined) over Lucas with Dr Neo Cortex
Replaced Sonic Link Costume with Amy Rose
Replaced Kat over Marth with Corrin
Replaced Nack the Sniper over Fox with Peppy Hare
Replaced Shadow Mewtwo with Pokken Shadow Mewtwo
Replaced Phantom Ganon with Pig Ganon
Updated Aiai over Diddy Kong to newer model
Updated Shadow over Sonic to newer model
Updated Travis over Lucas to newer model
Replaced Beck over Mario with Mickey Mouse
Replaced Katamari Prince over Olimar with Celebi
Replaced Wallace over Luigi with Popeye
Updated Raichu to Smash 3C
Updated Blaze over Lucario with Brawl styled textures
Replaced Fairy Jigglypuff with Glaile Removed Fairy Effect on Glaile (shoutouts to KingJigglypuff for helping me on how to remove the fairy effect, not a moveset change, cosmetic only)
Fixed shading issues on the following skins: Nabbit over Wario, Goomba over Kirby, Waddle Doo over Kirby, Snivy over Squirtle, Turtwig over Ivysaur, Blaziken over Captain Falcon, Ninja over Mario and Caterpie over Giga Bowser
Updated Smash 3/3C textures Updated PM alts to Smash 3C except Commander Lucas because Smash 3C Commander Lucas freezes the game for some reason.
Sword Trails for Ike, Roy and Marth
Updated Pokemon Trainer over Snake with Smash 3 textures
Updated Slippy Toad to newer model
Updated Wii U Ike and Roy to Smash 3
Replaced Phoenix Wright over Ike with Auron
Replaced Jack Skellington over Marth with Lyn
Replaced Yoh over Pit with Isaac
Replaced KK Slider over Toon Link with Zack from Zack & Wiki
Updated Skull Kid over Wolf to newer model

STAGES
Replaced PM Green Hill Zone with Generations styled PM Green Hill Zone
Replaced Chemical Plant Zone (Green Hill Zone L alt) with Chemical Plant Zone remastered
Fixed a spelling error in Lineland Road title in the SSS
Added a Secret stage over Corneria & Hanenbow

OTHER
Added MK:DD and Wario World voice to Wario
Updated Theytah's menu
Replaced and removed certain songs to save space
Added HD SSS textures for Dolphin and portable netplay

08/22/2016 - PMVE 3.6 For Fun -01 Launched
Palutena's hair (Zelda skin) is white in Brawl Skyworld (Skyworld L alt) and Miiverse (Default stage), but not in the rest of the stages.
Eggman (Donkey Kong skin) and Sir Srthur's (Link skin) Up B Animation is frozen, fully functional, hitboxes work in Up-B, no glitches and t-poses.
Wreck-it-Ralph (Donkey Kong skin) and Venusaur (Ivysaur skin) have problems with their pupils.
All-Star Mode has a few strange issues.
Game will freeze if you choose "DON'T PRESS A" stages in the My Music menu.
Eevee has weird shading issues. FIXED in -02.1
This is NOT Wi-Fi safe so if your gonna go online with this mod, DON'T!
Instructions (hackless)
Materials needed:
  • 2GB non-SDHC SD card
  • Nintendo Wii (or Wii U) and one Wii Remote
  • A copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. Get an SD card.
2. Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked removing any files that may be located on the card).
3. Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
4. Put ALL the files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
5. Start up brawl
6. ***Make sure all custom stages are deleted from console and SD card***
7. Go to stage builder
8. If done correctly, the screen should freak out for a second, and then you should get to the Project M Launcher and select play and press A.
If freeze occurs and you can't back out of stage builder pull the power cable and try again (don't worry nothing bad happened)
9. Start screen should have the PMVE logo
Enjoy!

Instructions (Homebrew)
Materials needed:
  • 2GB+ SD card
  • Nintendo Wii (or Wii U) with homebrew and one Wii Remote
  • A copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. Get an SD Card
2. Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked removing any files that may be located on the card).
3. Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
4. Put ALL the files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
5. Make sure the Brawl disc is inserted
6. After you launch the Homebrew Channel, you should see a PMVE 3.6 For Fun icon. Load it!
7. In the Project M Launcher, select Play and PMVE For Fun -02.1 will boot up
8. Start screen should have the PMVE logo.
Enjoy!

Instructions (Dolphin)
1. Download the PMVE For Fun -02 sd.raw and place it on C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.
2. Open Dolphin emulator
3. Right click your Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
4. Check "Insert SD card"
5. Open the boot.elf file of your choice (preferably Gecko 1931)
6. Gecko launcher should start up, make sure to change Hook Type to VBI and select Launch Game and PMVE For Fun -02.1 will boot up.
Enjoy!
Screen goes to black / is stuck on glitch screen
1. Remove any GameCube memory cards that may be inserted in your Wii.
2. Reformat your SD card to FAT32 (right click SD card in Windows, select "Format..." choose FAT32 from the list and click "Start") and then try again.
3. You may have an incompatible SD card. Try buying a different 2GB standard size SD card.

SD card is too small
1. Go to the PMVE For Fun Build you downloaded, use the Brawl Song Manager to delete some brstm files.
2. Reformat your SD card to FAT32 (right click SD card in Windows, select "Format..." choose FAT32 from the list and click "Start") and then try again.
3. You may have an incompatible SD card. Try buying a different 2GB standard size SD card.

Freezing, weird sounds, etc.
1. Try reformatting your SD card to FAT32. Make sure it's set to the 2GB capacity.
2. Move the files over again.

Special thanks to the playtesters davidvkimball, Axia, ROYPLAYER and mamimami, sinistersnakesennin for the cBliss and Stage Expansion template, davidvkimball for helping me sharing the build and making a trailer, HyperL!nk for making the netplay build.

Hope you guys enjoy this pack! Let me know if you encounter any bugs or issues.

Last edited:

TheRebel908

Smash Rookie
I've downloaded this and I am having 2 problems. Every time I grab and throw someone in any direction its an instant kill, they die no matter what. And Ike's forward sword dash attack does not hit at all you just pass right through the enemy. HELP!

Last edited:

TheRebel908

Smash Rookie
Don't worry bringo, superheroes and supervillains will be back eventually since I'm going to implement 14 costumes per character in future versions.
it happens when I use any character and any skin

Last edited:

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
I just came up with a fun gametype that I am calling "RaidBoss" Rules are as follows:

-Must be played on Stamina Mode
-Team Battle (1 vs 3)
-The lone player is as Giga Bowser (By holding R and pressing A on Bowser) and have his HP at max (990HP)
-Team Attack on Off
-The team of three must be as listed*
*Tank (500HP)
*DPS (400HP)
*Support (300HP)
-Smash Ball only and Item setting on high
-Must be only played on Vs Bowser 64 stage
-Set Stamina settings to Stamina 2 (Set knockback with no blastzones)
-Once Boss HP reaches 0, team must knockout the boss from the stage to win
-No two of the same fighter and no more then one Star Fox character in the team (Due to the tank being OP as f**k)

Now I have tested this and it's loads of fun! You really have to think on who you have to be in order to beat the boss. Not just by brute strength but by what final smash the character has. If you have no one to play with the play as the "Boss" and if you wanna challenge then be part of the team. It's a thousand times better with friends. I call it Raid Boss cause it reminds me of those good times playing WoW and just destroying giant monsters. So give it a try ^^ I would love some feedback on all this thanks to this amazing mod.

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
I'm going to wait for the EX version....is that smart? or will it take a year or two?

P.s. roy is facing the wrong way in the menu

Last edited:

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
Will we be able to play this on its own without using a complicated process to get it on a disk or an emulator?

Chag0

Smash Cadet
great build, some bugs:
-Ics freezes after selecting a stage
-Goomba has weird lightining
-Kratos lacks BP (has blue Ike)
and all the smash 3 characters have been released, so you might want to use those for the characters that use an outdated/alternate version

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
great build, some bugs:
-Ics freezes after selecting a stage
-Goomba has weird lightining
-Kratos lacks BP (has blue Ike)
and all the smash 3 characters have been released, so you might want to use those for the characters that use an outdated/alternate version
Which ICs skins freeze after selecting a stage, all skins or just the default costume.

And in For Fun -02, Goomba weird lighting issue will be fixed, even Kratos' missing BP. The reason why I used the old Smash 3/3C skins is because I completed the build before Smash 3 was updated, but don't worry, -02 will have the Smash 3/3C skins updated which I'm releasing soon.

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Which ICs skins freeze after selecting a stage, all skins or just the default costume.

And in For Fun -02, Goomba weird lighting issue will be fixed, even Kratos' missing BP. The reason why I used the old Smash 3/3C skins is because I completed the build before Smash 3 was updated, but don't worry, -02 will have the Smash 3/3C skins updated which I'm releasing soon.
in the update is Roy's picture in the menu switched around right?:gw:...sorry I'm a bit OCD.

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, the wait is over! PMVE For Fun -02 is finally released! I've spent 4 weeks adding some new content as I can, adding Smash 3/3C Texture updates and polishing the build!

CHANGELOG:

CHARACTER SKINS
Replaced Kratos Aurion with Smash 3C Awakening Roy
Replaced Amy Rose over Peach with Shelly
Replaced Ralph over Wolf with Knuckles
Replaced Hoopa (Confined) over Lucas with Dr Neo Cortex
Replaced Sonic Link Costume with Amy Rose
Replaced Kat over Marth with Corrin
Replaced Nack the Sniper over Fox with Peppy Hare
Replaced Shadow Mewtwo with Pokken Shadow Mewtwo
Replaced Phantom Ganon with Pig Ganon
Updated Aiai over Diddy Kong to newer model
Updated Shadow over Sonic to newer model
Updated Travis over Lucas to newer model
Replaced Beck over Mario with Mickey Mouse
Replaced Katamari Prince over Olimar with Celebi
Replaced Wallace over Luigi with Popeye
Updated Raichu to Smash 3C
Updated Blaze over Lucario with Brawl styled textures
Replaced Fairy Jigglypuff with Glaile Removed Fairy Effect on Glaile (shoutouts to KingJigglypuff for helping me on how to remove the fairy effect, not a moveset change, cosmetic only)
Fixed shading issues on the following skins: Nabbit over Wario, Goomba over Kirby, Waddle Doo over Kirby, Snivy over Squirtle, Turtwig over Ivysaur, Blaziken over Captain Falcon, Ninja over Mario and Caterpie over Giga Bowser
Updated Smash 3/3C textures Updated PM alts to Smash 3C except Commander Lucas because Smash 3C Commander Lucas freezes the game for some reason.
Sword Trails for Ike, Roy and Marth
Updated Pokemon Trainer over Snake with Smash 3 textures
Updated Slippy Toad to newer model
Updated Wii U Ike and Roy to Smash 3
Replaced Phoenix Wright over Ike with Auron
Replaced Jack Skellington over Marth with Lyn
Replaced Yoh over Pit with Isaac
Replaced KK Slider over Toon Link with Zack from Zack & Wiki
Updated Skull Kid over Wolf to newer model

STAGES
Replaced PM Green Hill Zone with Generations styled PM Green Hill Zone
Replaced Chemical Plant Zone (Green Hill Zone L alt) with Chemical Plant Zone remastered
Fixed a spelling error in Lineland Road title in the SSS
Added a Secret stage over Corneria & Hanenbow

OTHER
Added MK:DD and Wario World voice to Wario
Updated Theytah's menu
Replaced and removed certain songs to save space
Added HD SSS textures for Dolphin and portable netplay

And it has no leaked content obviously!

Download
Reformat your SD Cards before installing!

Please let me know if you are having issues or of any bugs and I will do my best to resolve it. I really hope you all enjoy it!

Last edited:

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
When are you going to add FNAF skins?
I was originally thinking about adding FNAF skins in PMVE For Fun, but scrapped them because some people will get angry, but the skins feel so polished, maybe they won't be added in -03 as I already planned the last 4 skins per character sadly.

Kasicraizy

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm new, and I want to say that in my opinion better than Patt Edition. I´ts funny!!!!
But I have a question. Is normal that when any kirby skin eat an other character, the game freeze?
Because I was playing, and the CPU ate me. And the game freeze.

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
Hello! I'm new, and I want to say that in my opinion better than Patt Edition. I´ts funny!!!!
But I have a question. Is normal that when any kirby skin eat an other character, the game freeze?
Because I was playing, and the CPU ate me. And the game freeze.
So which Kirby skin you're fighting and which character skin you're playing as, so I might recreate this bug, if is false, I suggest you to format the SD card and redownload the build again.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
So, I probably missed this but is the "For Glory" version up yet? I ask, as I went to the download link in mega but they're all still labeled as "For Fun", so--I'm unclear if the "For Glory" version is available as of yet.

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
So, I probably missed this but is the "For Glory" version up yet? I ask, as I went to the download link in mega but they're all still labeled as "For Fun", so--I'm unclear if the "For Glory" version is available as of yet.
Well, For Glory version is still not avaiable at the moment. But it will come soon alongside the PMEX variation. Right now, I'm doing a break before working on For Fun -03, For Glory and PMVE EX.

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
Love this pack! Do you think you'll add team color glow in the future?
Good idea, but not sure if it exceeds the common3.pac filesize as I added some custom items, if it exceeds the common3.pac filesize, I'll scrap the idea.

404House

Smash Cadet
Hey Vinci, I'm having a bit of a problem. I'd like to ask if there is a way you can upload the files to Google Drive, as MEGA is giving me a lot of issues. First, the download was giving me "out of memory" because Firefox didn't work, which was alright. I just had to switch to Chrome. However, I realized that MEGA decided to say "Hey! You've hit the free quota!" and told me I'd have to come back in five and a half hours to download.

Thanks for reading!

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just released an update for PMVE For Fun , PMVE For Fun -02.1 is out! With Banjo-Kazooie.

Changelog and Installation instructions provided in the download

FrisbeeMD

Smash Rookie
Can anyone upload just a single folder with everything in it and set up? I can't get it to work and all these separate parts are a hassle. One single folder ready for netplay would be sick :pikachumelee:

Thunderstrike

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thunderstrike7
Hey, the build seems amazing so far but I've been having a bit of a problem.

Whenever I press one of the triggers the shield input stays down for up to a few seconds after I let go, this is a huge pain when wavedashing, L-cancelling and the like since I occasionally just roll and have to stay in shield for a while or until I press the trigger again a few times.

I run it on a wii and have checked my controller and other builds and games but it only seems to be an issue when playing with this build. Any ideas?

Vinci2000

Smash Cadet
Hey, the build seems amazing so far but I've been having a bit of a problem.

Whenever I press one of the triggers the shield input stays down for up to a few seconds after I let go, this is a huge pain when wavedashing, L-cancelling and the like since I occasionally just roll and have to stay in shield for a while or until I press the trigger again a few times.

I run it on a wii and have checked my controller and other builds and games but it only seems to be an issue when playing with this build. Any ideas?
Unfortunally, I couldn't check this issue as my Wii no longer reads SD cards for some reason, even my Wii U, so I think the build is quite problematic on Wii as it was primarily tested on Dolphin

Xikrio

Smash Rookie
Nice work!
It freezes randomsly (Kirby's Chain Chomp texture is on the most games). If I avoid him, is pretty funny!
Thanks for the edition, and i´m waiting patiently for the For glory

SmashRyu

Smash Rookie
-Thanks Vinci2000 and all contributors for this build-

Can anyone help??: In 'Vinci 2.0' and in 'Vinci 2.1' in the character select screen I can't select >None< while the controller is plugged in. I want to have multiple controllers plugged in and be able to cycle through Cpu-Player-None so that I can play 1v1's with all controllers plugged in.

Does anyone know what to do to get what I want?

Top Bottom