• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(黒の魔女 シア) Black Witch, Cia! The Warriors' Foe!

Who would "Shia" most likley be a last-minute semi-clone of, if Sakurai decided to add her this way?

• Total voters

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I have no idea why Takamaru is getting so much scorn. It's not Nintendo's fault the fans jumped at the fact that he could be in the game. If we weren't just so god damn good with predictions, (And keep in mind that I'm referring to the ENTIRE SMASH BROS. FANDOM, because there are outliers on every side,) then Takamaru wouldn't have worn out by now. People would love him when (and if) he was announced.
Ah, how hype backlash SUCKS.
Some people also dislike him because he's a sword-user. No, really.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Some people also dislike him because he's a sword-user. No, really.
Yet I haven't heard a single player complain about gun users. Keep in mind that there were just as many gun users as sword users in Brawl. 5, to be exact. This number gets higher when you realize that bow users aren't all that different: So, the number rises up to 8, 9 if you count Zelda and her Final Smash. They're basically giant hypocrites: The kind of people who complain about Tharja, justifiably so, without complaining about Walhart, who very clearly abuses Morgan. There are other factors at play, and they never acknowledge them. This isn't even mentioning that with sword users, there's just as much potential to be unique.

andimidna

Smash Master
Usually talking about Takamaru on other character's threads wouldn't be recommended, but honestly, it kind of makes sense here :p

I've recently starting both liking and expecting Takamaru again. I just needed 1 last sign that Nintendo was using his popularity-- marketing him. And, well, that's what we just got. The VC release isn't much, but it's enough for the popular retro to stay the frontrunner.

Some Hyrule Warrior leaks:
http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/244602628/#244618058

Actually would make me excited for this game.

Does anyone remember that one Hyrule Warrior leak with Takamaru, Pit, and Samus playable.
Well... Vaati, Midna, Ralph, Takamaru, and Prince Richard actually make some good sense and would be hype.

Can't say the same for... that other guy...

(I also like the idea of Pit and Samus)

Other less-obvious/traditional characters I want are Crazy Tracy (Link's Awakening and Captain Rainbow), and... maybe Marth. I don't want too many non-tradition characters, there are so many Zelda characters with playable potential that I love.

Also, I still hope that once the stronger power betrays Shia (with Wizro's description, that's probably going to happen), she becomes a playable character to try to kill whoever the Ganon guy is.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Well... Vaati, Midna, Ralph, Takamaru, and Prince Richard actually make some good sense and would be hype.

Can't say the same for... that other guy...
That other guy being playable would hype me the most.
Imagine what weird moves he will use. Maybe he even gets to use his baloon? :3

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Characters I'd love to play as in HW would be:

ZELDA:
-Ricky (the boxing kangaroo)
-Veran
-Onox
-Ralph
-Oracles Impa
-Midna
-Zelda
-Great Fairy (OoT/MM)

Nintendo, but not Zelda
-Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame)
-Mike J. (StarTropics)
If Zelda is worldwide, and Nazo no Murasame is the Zelda of just the east, then StarTropics is the Zelda of just the west. Would be cool to play as the protagonists of all 3 sister games with similar game mechanics.

andimidna

Smash Master
Characters I'd love to play as in HW would be:

ZELDA:
-Ricky (the boxing kangaroo)
-Veran
-Onox
-Ralph
-Oracles Impa
By any chance, do you like Oracles games? :laugh:

-Mike J. (StarTropics)
If Zelda is worldwide, and Nazo no Murasame is the Zelda of just the east, then StarTropics is the Zelda of just the west. Would be cool to play as the protagonists of all 3 sister games with similar game mechanics.
I hadn't considered that...
Hmm... I think that makes sense, from what I've heard, Startropics (or at least 1 game) plays similarly to the original LoZ, and may have been based off it? Or the other way around?
Either way, that would be interesting.

----------------------------------

I'd like to see each Zelda game represented by at least 1 character. Villains/playable

Zelda 1- Old Man
Zelda 2 AoL- Error
ALttP- Agahnim, Sahasrahla, Flute Boy
LA- Marin, Crazy Tracy, Prince Richard
OoT- Nabooru, Rauru, Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Twinrova, Malon
MM- Skull Kid, Kafei
OoA- Nayru, Veran, Queen Ambi, Ralph
OoS- Din, Onox, Ricky, Dimitri, Moosh, Blaino (the last 4 would be hilarious)
WW- Tetra, Tingle, Aryll,
MC- Vaati
TP- Midna, Zant, King Bulblin, Ilia, Ashei, Agitha, Ganondorf
PH ST- Alfonzo, Chancellor Cole, Jolene, Byrne, Linebeck, Oshus
SS- Ghirahim, Groose, Fi, Demise
ALBW- Ravio, Hilda, Yuga, Irene, Ganon

I'll continue my list later, can't right now, and the rest is arguably more interesting

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Why's Palutena even an option?
Well, she's almost unanimously considered a guarantee. And out of every veteran, the 6 newcomers, and Palutena-- she's the only one with a staff/scepter. And Shia/Cia has a staff/scepter. So after Roy was a clone of the newcomer Marth in Melee, and after Ganondorf was a clone of a character not from his series, Palutena needed to be on the list.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Cia's going to be a Geno clone

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Should I revive the thread... well, there will probably be Hyrule Warriors news at E3 so I don't really need to... but people will be focused on the confirmed characters for Smash... I'll go ahead and post.

So what do you guys expect at E3? More Hyrule Warriors characters? A Shia/Cia cutscene? Just a basic commercial-type trailer? A flood of reveals?

I hadn't considered that...
Hmm... I think that makes sense, from what I've heard, Startropics (or at least 1 game) plays similarly to the original LoZ, and may have been based off it? Or the other way around?
Either way, that would be interesting.

----------------------------------

I'd like to see each Zelda game represented by at least 1 character. Villains/playable

Zelda 1- Old Man
Zelda 2 AoL- Error
ALttP- Agahnim, Sahasrahla, Flute Boy
LA- Marin, Crazy Tracy, Prince Richard
OoT- Nabooru, Rauru, Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Twinrova, Malon
MM- Skull Kid, Kafei
OoA- Nayru, Veran, Queen Ambi, Ralph
OoS- Din, Onox, Ricky, Dimitri, Moosh, Blaino (the last 4 would be hilarious)
WW- Tetra, Tingle, Aryll,
MC- Vaati
TP- Midna, Zant, King Bulblin, Ilia, Ashei, Agitha, Ganondorf
PH ST- Alfonzo, Chancellor Cole, Jolene, Byrne, Linebeck, Oshus
SS- Ghirahim, Groose, Fi, Demise
ALBW- Ravio, Hilda, Yuga, Irene, Ganon

I'll continue my list later, can't right now, and the rest is arguably more interesting
Oh and I updated this a little bit, still not done.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
A demo of HW and zelda's new model, i dont expect new characters but will be good to se a few.

Im more curious about Zelda U personally, who knows and is somehow connected to this game :L

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
A demo of HW and zelda's new model, i dont expect new characters but will be good to se a few.

Im more curious about Zelda U personally, who knows and is somehow connected to this game :L
Yea, Zelda U will be interesting.

(pls Twilight Princess sequel pls Twilight Princess sequel pls pls pls)

We've been waiting a pretty long time for it. I just hope it doesn't get delayed a 3rd time. :laugh:

MM3d will be hype too

Burigu

Smash Ace
That rumor was debunked since the current plot turned out way different than what was speculated to involve link's childhood friends. This rumor seems a little more likely since it focuses only on the characters. Having Ralph in the roster would be great since he was a ****.

Fix'd to match the entire Zelda fanbase's possible reaction to this rumor. :troll:
I see you have a thing with fixing, you could call it a FIXATION :troll:

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
In another attempt to keep this thread going-- what do you think of Zelda Wiki's new description for Cia? :p

Cia

Title(s) The Black Witch
Gender Female
Game(s) Hyrule Warriors
Cia is a major antagonist and villain in Hyrule Warriors.

Biography
Cia is a witch tasked with maintaining the balance of the Triforce. Although a good person at heart, she comes to harbor serious affections for Link which in turn becomes deep-seated jealousy directed towards Princess Zelda. Cia then becomes possessed by a dark force. This leads to her waging war on the kingdom alongside her companions Valga and Wizro.

Cia has a very strong sense of self, being clear about what she wants and displays an unusually aggressive and provocative personality. While she desires the world itself, she desires Link moreso, wanting to make him hers.[1]

Gallery

• Cia guarding the Triforce

• Cia becoming corrupted

References
  1. [1], Hyrule Warriors Japanese Webpage.

Names in Other Regions
Language Name Meaning
Japanese 黒の魔女 シア (Kuro no Majo Shia) Black Witch Shia

So I guess we learn that those 2 pictures are definitely Cia-- and that it's probably early in the prologue where she's guarding the Triforce, but the picture where she's becoming corrupted might be near the end.

This makes me think this game is definitely not canon-- Shia has guarded the triforce and nobody ever told any Link ever? Really? That seems a bit too important to skip. And doesn't work with the story of Skyward Sword OR Ocarina of Time. Thought on it being canon?

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Geno was disconfirmed before smash came, yet people still want him. Thankful your guys's normal moves do not effect me!
Regarding Cia, The only way I can see her being done is a darkness clone of Palutena, unless they give Ganondorf a swine, in which case it could be a combo of the 2 (oh god). I still back my argument of Impa > Cia though, sorry.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I bought some fashion tape today and I couldn't help but think of Cia lol.

I think this with a lot of LoZ antagonists, but I hope/wonder if we'll ever see her again outside of her debut game.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Geno was disconfirmed before smash came, yet people still want him. Thankful your guys's normal moves do not effect me!
Regarding Cia, The only way I can see her being done is a darkness clone of Palutena, unless they give Ganondorf a swine, in which case it could be a combo of the 2 (oh god). I still back my argument of Impa > Cia though, sorry.
No he wasn't? Fake article on a joke site unless you've got better intel than us.

Impa is always more likely than Cia but we can all still wish right?

andimidna

Smash Master

RIDLEY CONFIRMED FOR HYRULE WARRIORS=SHIA CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

But seriously, Argorok is one of my favorite dungeon villains in the Zelda series and makes a lot of sense as a boss here.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I admit that was too Oracles biased. XD
But what the heck, I haven't LOVED a Zelda game since them.

I don't know what it was, maybe the completely different adventures which both build up for the grand climax... Or the rings (man, I loved those rings. Especially the one that allowed Link to PUNCH!) Or the characters (loved all of them).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

RIDLEY CONFIRMED FOR HYRULE WARRIORS=SHIA CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

But seriously, Argorok is one of my favorite dungeon villains in the Zelda series and makes a lot of sense as a boss here.
First King Dodongo, now Argorok? *Prays for Koloktos from Skyward Sword as a boss*

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
For Hyrule Warriors Characters, I would say:
Link, Impa, Sheik, Zelda, Ganondorf, Tingle, the Seven Sages from OoT, Malon, Talon, Ingo, Skull Kid, Vaati, Onox, Veran, Zant, Midna, Ghirahim, Demise, Groose, Fi, Linebeck, the Happy Mask Salesman, Dampe, Makar, Medli, Agahnim, Sahashrala/Old Man, & Shadow Link. Plus the three bad guys. I could also see a bunch of alternate Links happening: Wolf, Deku, Goron, Zora, Fierce Deity, and maybe even the Hero's Shade, the most badass Zelda character of all.

If there are non-Zelda characters, I can really only see Pit, Samus, and maybe Takamaru. Those are the other "1987" series, and Takamaru really only gets in because he's already been in a Warriors game. Samus is the most likely seeing as she's a very popular character who Team Ninja has already been affiliated with. Pit probably won't show up, but he would fit pretty well if he did. Mike Jones and Prince Richard aren't happening, they wouldn't add guest characters that nobody would recognize, Takamaru notwithstanding. This is not Smash, where unexpected retros turn up, this is a fanservice Zelda game. And I have nothing against StarTropics or For the Frog the Bell Tolls, but that doesn't make them any more than a footnote in Nintendo's history. StarTropics has no significance to Zelda, and For the Frog the Bell Tolls has only a very tentative connection since it essentially served as the prototype for Link's Awakening.

With regards to Cia, I can think of only two reasons the character already has such a big fanbase.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
"Startropics has no significance to Zelda"

Yeah you know... other than the tiny fact that the creator of StarTropics CREATED the Save File system that from Zelda 1 on were used, in order for you to not have to input a paragraph-long password back then. :p
(And the fact that the save screens and overall games look like they run on the same engine, the heart pieces, the stars, the upgradeable weapons, etc)

Anyway, realistically speaking I just want ONE Oracles character and I'm cool, but if not, the game already looks pretty good.
...Ok and Malon attacking with a flock of Cuckos would be pretty amusing too. :p
....And the Great Fairy too.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I only expect one character per race like the ocarina sages really.
Any other would be original and created for this game.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I only expect one character per race like the ocarina sages really.
Any other would be original and created for this game.
...why?
That would be a huge mistake.

Forget about all of the fan-favorites that actually fight like Skull Kid and Midna, and instead throw in Ruto?
And then a bunch of characters nobody knows about?
That'd be the equivalent of Mario Kart 8 having a roster that was only Mario, Luigi, every Koopaling, and a bunch of (let's face it) over-sexualized nobodies. I've liked all of the original characters so far, but if they make up the majority of the playable characters, no.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
...why?
That would be a huge mistake.

Forget about all of the fan-favorites that actually fight like Skull Kid and Midna, and instead throw in Ruto?
And then a bunch of characters nobody knows about?
That'd be the equivalent of Mario Kart 8 having a roster that was only Mario, Luigi, every Koopaling, and a bunch of (let's face it) over-sexualized nobodies. I've liked all of the original characters so far, but if they make up the majority of the playable characters, no.
I agree, but really, seeing not only 1 but 3 new characters inspired in previous zelda characters is enough fanservice at my eyes, they can very well be thinking in something like that.

And i said "every race", skullkids and twilights could also be considered :p the sages where just an example.
I mean, seeing saria using arrows or something could be fun.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Cia butthurt is as delicious as tears. Tumblr was under fire since her reveal and Zelda fangirls/ pro-female extremists are hating Cia for the wrong reasons:

• They are whining about her breasts yet they fail to realize that characters like Telma and the OoT/MM Great Fairies existed.
  • They think she gets in the way of Link x Zelda, the most childish excuse as expected from most shippers.
  • They also argued that she's TOO out of place, yet Zelda had changes art styles various times before.

If anything, she's the most original Zelda villain we had in a while and has a way better design than the likes of Zant. Hell, she screams "Fabulous!" WAAAAAY more than freaking Ghirahim. :troll:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Yea, Zelda U will be interesting.
(pls Twilight Princess sequel pls Twilight Princess sequel pls pls pls)

We've been waiting a pretty long time for it. I just hope it doesn't get delayed a 3rd time. :laugh:
MM3d will be hype too
yes pls :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom