• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

緑天龍 (Green Heavenly Dragon) Fire Emblem's Green-haired Lethal Beauty, Lyndis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So, some people in the Roster Discussion Thread are saying Lyn may be more likely due to the Rosalina reveal. Thoughts?
Would be sweet if that actually happened, but i'm worried that "unique" characters like the tactician, flipping micaiah :ohwell: , and even a decloned roy with a better sword of seals portrayal would still out prioritize lyn. (even though lyn is unique) the rosalina thing helps "unique" characters that have almost no competition/its hard to decide who to choose. In FE there's loads of competition (at least in smash 4)

But i'm confident lyn will be playable in smash one way or another. (either 4 or PM)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Would be sweet if that actually happened, but i'm worried that "unique" characters like the tactician, flipping micaiah :ohwell: , and even a decloned roy with a better sword of seals portrayal would still out prioritize lyn. (even though lyn is unique) the rosalina thing helps "unique" characters that have almost no competition/its hard to decide who to choose. In FE there's loads of competition (at least in smash 4)

But i'm confident lyn will be playable in smash one way or another. (either 4 or PM)
Yet, Lyn has more things that makes her more important than the others
-First International lord in Fire Emblem
-Assist Trophy in Brawl. (when Micaiah already existed so she could of been considered)
-Eh, I don't see a decloned Roy more likely than Lyn, if Luigi is still a semi-clone, and Toon Link a clone, I don't think something like that will be considered
-Her only competition is Chrom (DULLy McBLANDerton) and the Avatar. So I think she has niche tieing with Robin in chances. It all depends on Sakurai wanting classic or recent.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yet, Lyn has more things that makes her more important than the others
-First International lord in Fire Emblem
-Assist Trophy in Brawl. (when Micaiah already existed so she could of been considered)
-Eh, I don't see a decloned Roy more likely than Lyn, if Luigi is still a semi-clone, and Toon Link a clone, I don't think something like that will be considered
-Her only competition is Chrom (DULLy McBLANDerton) and the Avatar. So I think she has niche tieing with Robin in chances. It all depends on Sakurai wanting classic or recent.
True: Note I want lyn more than anybody, i'm being pessimistic. I'm just worried that sakurai would take a melee vet and bring him back, if people think sakurai is going to bring back mewtwo, what's to stop him from bringing back roy? Seeing that rosalina is sort of recent, i'm kinda worried he's gonna take the recent route and go with an awakening character :/

But again like I said, we'll see lyn playable in a smash game. I'm leaning more towards PM but we'll see, it's only a matter of time.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah im planning on playing FE 8 when I get a little more free time. And if I ever get a 3DS I'll pick up FE: Awaking.
Too bad, Path of Radiance is almost impossible to find, or I would recommend that. Yet, that is just showing how great the game is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If anyone has the chance to play Path of Radiance, play it. You won't regret it, it's too good.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Too bad, Path of Radiance is almost impossible to find, or I would recommend that. Yet, that is just showing how great the game is.
Well there is one other way to get it.... *cough cough*. That is if he wants to, Its an awesome game, the only thing that annoyed me was Ike can be broken so he just just solo stuff's (ragnell+aether+good stats... lolololo).

At least hector had lowish skill and res. But ike....yeah he's a beast.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well there is one other way to get it.... *cough cough*. That is if he wants to, Its an awesome game, the only thing that annoyed me was Ike can be broken so he just just solo stuff's (ragnell+aether+good stats... lolololo).

At least hector had lowish skill and res. But ike....yeah he's a beast.
That's the best thing about Ike he's OP :awesome:

....Oh yeah, this is the Lyn thread, Katanas and ****

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
As for Lyn, the great thing about her is that regardless of her being a sworduser, the uniqueness of her compared to what we already have as our Fire Emblem characters is so vast an obvious by a mere glance at her nimble, swift, acrobatic and agile fighting style, like a cross between a ninja and a samurai along with her nomadic character design. Combine that with a katana, a weapon that none of the established FE characters have, and you got yourself a recipe for a solid Smash character.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
As for Lyn, the great thing about her is that regardless of her being a sworduser, the uniqueness of her compared to what we already have as our Fire Emblem characters is so vast an obvious by a mere glance at her nimble, swift, acrobatic and agile fighting style, like a cross between a ninja and a samurai along with her nomadic character design. Combine that with a katana, a weapon that none of the established FE characters have, and you got yourself a recipe for a solid Smash character.
I always wanted a flashy sword user like vergil in smash, lyn could provide something similar with her lai style. I really hope she's chosen for a smash game, she's got great potential.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Thoughts on having the bow in her moveset?

I think it adds to her uniqueness, so it should be added in.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I certainly support.
With all of the Roy vs Chrom (vs Robin?) stuff going on, I feel that Lyn is the one person that everyone can agree on. Everybody likes her, and nobody would complain about her inclusion.
That being said, I became a huge Lyn supporter yesterday. I added her to my roster, and I decided that Lyn is quite possibly the best (not most likely, but best) possible candidate for a playable role in Smash 4.
So add me to that list please. I'm a big fan now, expect me on here a lot.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lyn getting into Smash would definitely be an awesome thing. I hope Sakurai looks back at some of the more viable assist trophies he made in Brawl and promotes some of them into playable characters. And hopefully Lyn is one of them. ^_^

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think Lyn has a lot going for her.
-She is very important, specifically for westernizing Fire Emblem (she's the first character many people in the west got to see).
-She is popular, specifically pre-Brawl.
-She can be very unique. I don't know if this alone warrants a spot, but it seems like uniqueness is the way Sakurai is heading this time around.
-Assist Trophy status in Brawl proves that Sakurai has considered her in the past.
-She's a female, which would be great for balancing out the Fire Emblem representation and possibly the roster as a whole (if Sakurai is trying to do that too).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think Lyn has a lot going for her.
-She is very important, specifically for westernizing Fire Emblem (she's the first character many people in the west got to see).
Unless you looked at the box art and saw Eliwood's majestic body taking up 40% of it.
-She is popular, specifically pre-Brawl.
Perhaps in the context of smash. But still. Why not also Hector or Eliwood?
-She can be very unique. I don't know if this alone warrants a spot, but it seems like uniqueness is the way Sakurai is heading this time around.
Yeah thats always a plus.
-Assist Trophy status in Brawl proves that Sakurai has considered her in the past.
Assist trophy proves that sakurai thinks she can be a good assist trophy. Out of the three FE lords I think its pretty obvious why. Adding another person who runs around and hits people does not add variety and is a heck of a lot more to animate.
-She's a female, which would be great for balancing out the Fire Emblem representation and possibly the roster as a whole (if Sakurai is trying to do that too).
hmm k. Thats true.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
That's because Eliwood and Hector, IMO, would feel redundant next to Marth and Ike.

(Yes I know Hector uses an Axe, but functionally there isn't much difference between an Axe and a big, heavy sword).
I get Eliwood and I can see what you're saying with Hector. But honestly if you tapped in to Hector's animations as source material for a moveset. I feel you'd get a very different character from Ike.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Unless you looked at the box art and saw Eliwood's majestic body taking up 40% of it. In game that is.
Perhaps in the context of smash. But still. Why not also Hector or Eliwood? Because Lyn is more popular in the context of Smash. When taking characters into consideration for SMASH BROS, I feel like it is important that they work well within the context of Smash.
Yeah thats always a plus.
Assist trophy proves that sakurai thinks she can be a good assist trophy. Out of the three FE lords I think its pretty obvious why. Adding another person who runs around and hits people does not add variety and is a heck of a lot more to animate. I suppose Little Mac, Samurai Goroh, and Isaac work best as assist trophies too.
hmm k. Thats true.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Because Lyn is more popular in the context of Smash. When taking characters into consideration for SMASH BROS, I feel like it is important that they work well within the context of Smash.
Yes I get that. But my question is, why aren't more people talking about Eliwood and Hector in smash? They're clearly popular outside of smash. Why now just lyn?

I suppose Little Mac, Samurai Goroh, and Isaac work best as assist trophies too.
Advanced wars got an assist trophy because they deserved a reference in the game and was feasible as a good assist trophy. That does not mean, however, that they were about to be on the roster before being cut out and demoted to assist trophy status.
But lets say there was character like that for a moment. Then yeah, they might get an assist trophy IF they also work well as one. That does not necessarily mean that every or any assist trophy was like that.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yes I get that. But my question is, why aren't more people talking about Eliwood and Hector in smash? They're clearly popular outside of smash. Why now just lyn?

Advanced wars got an assist trophy because they deserved a reference in the game and was feasible as a good assist trophy. That does not mean, however, that they were about to be on the roster before being cut out and demoted to assist trophy status.
But lets say there was character like that for a moment. Then yeah, they might get an assist trophy IF they also work well as one. That does not necessarily mean that every or any assist trophy was like that.
Lyn was popular ever since her debut. And Lyn has more potential to be unique than the others I feel, which automatically makes her a popular choice.

And the Advance Wars assist trophy, I've thought about this, may be because the series was considered during development, but didn't get a character.
Fire Emblem obviously did get a character, so I feel that Lyn was definitely considered, but then bumped out due to Ike's new and fresh game and huge popularity.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Everybody likes her, and nobody would complain about her inclusion.
Most everyone except for some of those who have been here around from Pre-Brawl speculation era. From what I hear, Lyn had quite a rabid fanbase pre-Brawl, and continues to receive some hate because of it. Luckily, it has mostly subsided.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Most everyone except for some of those who have been here around from Pre-Brawl speculation era. From what I hear, Lyn had quite a rabid fanbase pre-Brawl, and continues to receive some hate because of it. Luckily, it has mostly subsided.
Hate because it's popular.

That's why you shouldn't treat your character of choice as a definite shoo. Take it too far and they may develop a bit of a hatebase if they don't wind up making it in :/

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I heard pretty much all the fanbases were like that during pre-brawl, especially the Fire Emblem, though. I heard there were always Ike and Sigurd fights.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sigurd had a deluded fanbase who claimed they where best Lord Sakurai's favorite character. When this is later revealed being Nabarl / Navarre.

The Fire Emblem wars in pre-Brawl where kind of beautiful in it's own way. The best part I think was the Hector fans, when they literally laughed at defeat by the hands of Ike (they wanted a powerful character in anyway, and got one!). I was there rooting for Ike, as FE9 is the first Fire Emblem I actually bought, and FE9 was just awesome, and so was Ike. Ike was bashed a lot for him being 'another blue haired sword Lord', but was 'okay if he replaces Marth'.

It's funny how the Lyn fans are the most honorable of all right now. This was clearly not the case in the pre-Brawl days. :laughL

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You know, I love being a Lyn fan.
You can support the character without being ridiculed, you have good evidence to back up the character's importance, and Lyn is just awesome.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hector and Eliwood are kind of redundant with Ike, Marth and Roy around. Lyn sticks out formher originality in this purpose.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I would like her with a bow as a little nod to her blade lord class.

But i'm fine with whatever they go with.

Also Eliwood would similar to roy (because I don't expect a horse in smash lol), Chrom would get the same treatment if his game wasn't new.

As for Hector, he'd play like an Ike, no doubt about it. even with an axe its still the same heavy hitting, high attack lag playstyle.

@gingerbreadman: Lyn is the best choice other than roy to represent the GBA series, plus she can have a very flashy playstyle (ala vergil). She'd be a glass canon aggro character that has good combo potential but lightweight and easy to launch if hit. That sounds more intriguing to me than chrom, lucina, hector, and eliwood imo. She can bring an awesome moveset to smash, which is why she's supported.

I know I've sorta repeated what others said before, but I thought I'd just say something.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread. I definitely support Lyn, she was such a great and honest character to introduce people to Fire Emblem to. Not to mention she had great fluid animations within that game and was generally a likeable character. I feel like the bow would make her feel more unique as a character, but hopefully it's not something as bland as Link's. Maybe she could have a random chance to have a critical-hit style arrow with the animation that did more damage than regular arrows. I feel like she would make a solid addition to the Smash team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom