• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hey there,
just stopping by to say I support Takamarau in Smash.
He'd have some stiff competition with so many sword wielders and another Japanese inspired character in the game (Greninja, even though Ninja and Samurai are totally different) but I feel he deserves his place as a retro rep, and I'd love to see a revival of his series similar to Kid Icarus.
I downloaded Nazo no Murasame Jo on my 3DS the very day it was made available on eSHop and I've absolutely loved it. it's so fast paced and crazy and hard, but so much fun. I've only reached Akasame Jo so far but I'm still loving it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey there,
just stopping by to say I support Takamarau in Smash.
He'd have some stiff competition with so many sword wielders and another Japanese inspired character in the game (Greninja, even though Ninja and Samurai are totally different) but I feel he deserves his place as a retro rep, and I'd love to see a revival of his series similar to Kid Icarus.
I downloaded Nazo no Murasame Jo on my 3DS the very day it was made available on eSHop and I've absolutely loved it. it's so fast paced and crazy and hard, but so much fun. I've only reached Akasame Jo so far but I'm still loving it.
Welcome to the club! <3

We shall call you Zairā-Kun.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the club! <3

We shall call you Zairā-Kun.
Thank you very much Senpai ^_^

by the way, I had an idea for what a potential Takamaru reveal trailer could be like.

Since some trailers reveal some veterans as well I've chosen to include a veteran reveal in this idea too.
Using the same graphical style as the Megaman reveal trailer we see Gannondorf (confirming his return) the camera zooms out showing him floating above a village in peril, it's a dark and stormy night, there are buildings on fire, people are crying and screaming, monsters are rampaging (all very grim and dark, also the buildings being on fire and/or destroyed makes it hard to tell what kind of a village/town this is) Gannondorf laughs as he watches the chaos unfold. he sees the flash of something metallic glittering from the ground, the metallic object (Kunai) is thrown at him and he deflects it. he looks to see who threw it and see's a young warrior wielding a sword obscured by the darkness. Believing the warrior to be Link, Gannondorf begins throwing dark energy balls down at the young hero, who dodges some, deflects some and even knocks some back at Gannondorf (similar to his fight in Ocarina of time where Link deflects Gannondorf's projectiles) The Dark lord throws another projectile and right before it hits the sword wielding warrior vanishes, causing the projectile to merely hit the ground where he was. The character now re-appears in mid-air leaping towards Gannondorf, sword drawn and ready to attack. Gannondorf draws his own sword (confirming that his moveset has been altered to include sword moves now) now that the warrior is right in front of Gannondorf he can see it's not Link, but in fact Takamaru (Cue the intro card "TAKAMARU いざ出陣!/Takamaru Iza Shutsujin/ Takamaru Into the frontlines of battle") Their swords clash and lightning strikes illuminating the area momentarily showing the silhouette of Murasame castle in the background. cut to some gameplay footage of Takamaru and also Showing a few of Gannondorf's new moves. before returning to the CGI cutscene where Takamaru has vanquished Gannondorf and piece has returned to the village and the sun has come out. a women runs up to Taka to thank him, causing him to get a nosebleed and run away. END

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

by the way, I had an idea for what a potential Takamaru reveal trailer could be like.

Since some trailers reveal some veterans as well I've chosen to include a veteran reveal in this idea too.
Using the same graphical style as the Megaman reveal trailer we see Gannondorf (confirming his return) the camera zooms out showing him floating above a village in peril, it's a dark and stormy night, there are buildings on fire, people are crying and screaming, monsters are rampaging (all very grim and dark, also the buildings being on fire and/or destroyed makes it hard to tell what kind of a village/town this is) Gannondorf laughs as he watches the chaos unfold. he sees the flash of something metallic glittering from the ground, the metallic object (Kunai) is thrown at him and he deflects it. he looks to see who threw it and see's a young warrior wielding a sword obscured by the darkness. Believing the warrior to be Link, Gannondorf begins throwing dark energy balls down at the young hero, who dodges some, deflects some and even knocks some back at Gannondorf (similar to his fight in Ocarina of time where Link deflects Gannondorf's projectiles) The Dark lord throws another projectile and right before it hits the sword wielding warrior vanishes, causing the projectile to merely hit the ground where he was. The character now re-appears in mid-air leaping towards Gannondorf, sword drawn and ready to attack. Gannondorf draws his own sword (confirming that his moveset has been altered to include sword moves now) now that the warrior is right in front of Gannondorf he can see it's not Link, but in fact Takamaru (Cue the intro card "TAKAMARU いざ出陣!/Takamaru Iza Shutsujin/ Takamaru Into the frontlines of battle") Their swords clash and lightning strikes illuminating the area momentarily showing the silhouette of Murasame castle in the background. cut to some gameplay footage of Takamaru and also Showing a few of Gannondorf's new moves. before returning to the CGI cutscene where Takamaru has vanquished Gannondorf and piece has returned to the village and the sun has come out. a women runs up to Taka to thank him, causing him to get a nosebleed and run away. END
That's incredible the best if I may be so bold.
Except for the nosebleed, not a big fan of the way he was represented in Captain Rainbow.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
That's incredible the best if I may be so bold.
Except for the nosebleed, not a big fan of the way he was represented in Captain Rainbow.
Thank you, I'm glad you like my idea :)
yeah I'm not really a fan of the nosebleed thing either, and it wasn't in my original idea, but I knew it was a part of Taka's personality (at least in captain rainbow) and some trailers for smash get some sort of silly scene at the end of the trailer (Mac and Doc eating chocolate as Samus rolls by, Chrom on the ground talking about not getting his chance, Dark pit crashing Lady Palutena's party, etc) So I wanted to throw something in at the end there.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Can someone link me to the old pre-Brawl voting results with all the Japanese nominees on the list? I need it for a GAF post. :p

Edit: Nvm, found it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Dat trailer idea. Just awesome, especially with the nostalgic Ocarina of Time reference with Ganondork. I'd like to see this

Nice! I like it.

Anyway, I finished my own personal batch of costumes. Not the best, but, good enough for an hour's work.
happen for real just to show that Murasame Castle and The Legend of ZElda are related.

Perfect, especially the pink outfit due to irony (it's the color of death in Japan).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Link to my post on GAF. I think I might have sold some more folks on Taka. lol
Sweet, that ought to teach the non-believers to not call him "another generic swordsmen". They do need to be educated on the history of the character and Murasame Castle's universe in order to see the appeal of the formerly forgotten samurai.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Still very much supporting Takumaru but if he gets in I think it will be as one of the probably few hidden unlockables. Not going to get my hopes up on a reveal trailer (although that would be the dream).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still very much supporting Takumaru but if he gets in I think it will be as one of the probably few hidden unlockables. Not going to get my hopes up on a reveal trailer (although that would be the dream).
I agree, a trailer would have been nice to hype Takamaru character for a non-Japanese audience and get people interested in the game. But I can respect the decision behind Sakurai choosing to not do so for a character like him and decided him to be a hidden character.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, would you be up for Takamaru fighting Ghirahim in their trailers? Since Ghirahim is a demon it makes sense.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, would you be up for Takamaru fighting Ghirahim in their trailers? Since Ghirahim is a demon it makes sense.
It actually depends if Sakurai actually considers him as a worthy candidate of being the next Zelda rep. I wouldn't mind either way since it would be a pretty flashy and dramatic trailer.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Takamaru's trailer should just have him fighting Snake with no explanation whatsoever. Takamaru would be stylized with the classical Japanese painting look while Snake would have his typical stylization from official art. An interesting clash of two different yet similar art styles wile also incorporating the whole east/west and old/new thing that people keep going on about.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
How about the classic West vs. East match-up? Little Mac vs. Takamaru for the trailer.
Takamaru's trailer should just have him fighting Snake with no explanation whatsoever. Takamaru would be stylized with the classical Japanese painting look while Snake would have his typical stylization from official art. An interesting clash of two different yet similar art styles wile also incorporating the whole east/west and old/new thing that people keep going on about.
Also, we already got Mac, Mac.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hell yeah! We need more trailers with high artistic value other than the same bland CGI ones that mostly everyone had.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just because we got Mac doesn't mean he can't appear in another newcomer trailer.
Have any of the newcomers played any significant role in new-newcomer videos? I mean in the actual animated segments, not the gameplay snippets.
Villager: First newcomer so nope.
Mega Man: Nope.
Miss Fit: Mario, Link, Kirby. Nope.
Rosalina: Nope.
Little Mac: Samus ain't no joke.
Greninja: No, Charizard is not an instrument.
Miis: Only had Reggie and Iwata slapping each other.
Palutena: ButmurDarkPittoo.
Pac-Man: The only one, and it's only because Mega Man is also third party. Even so, it was still a gameplay snippet.
Robin/Lucina: Two newcomers premiering together doesn't count.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom