• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da/EA presents: Gauntlet APRIL29 wtf is this ****

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
A NEW LOCATION:226 WEST 4 STREET AT 7TH AVE NEW YORK, NY 10009
NAME OF PLACE IS : " NYCLAN" THERE WEBSITE WWW.NYCLAN.NET

That being said, here are the Gauntlet rules as usual:

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination

•All matches are best of 3, with semi-finals best of 5 and finals best of 7.

•4 stock, 8 minute limit

•Ties broken by Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead starting at 300%. both players will restart the SD and start other match with each 1 stock and 0% on a random stage.

•20 bux entrance fee for singles

•20 bux entrance fee for each team 10 bux for each teammate

Single Stages

•Single stages on random select: yoshi story, fountain of dreams, pokemon staduim, battlefield , dreamland, dk 64, final destination

•counter pick stages : brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk64, final destination, rainbow cruise Mute City, green greens,onett, jungle japes and poke floats

•Stages banned: venom, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, green greens ,Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Great Bay, MK1, yoshi’s island and Yoshi's Island 64

Teams Stages

•Stages on random select: pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk 64, dreamland yoshi story, final destination, Stages at Random

•Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's story 64, Kongo Jungle great bay, fourside, venom ad yoshi’s island, fountain of dreams AND MUTE CITY( cuase of lag)

•Counter Pick Stages :peaches castle , brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, onett, mk2, rainbow cruise, green greens, jungle japes ,poke floats
final destination,dk64and battlefield

•Other Rules - Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

•Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

•Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

•Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match .NEW RULE!!!

•NEW COUNTER PICKING RULE:

loser of the match is allowed one or the other not both ( either counter pick character or counter pick stage when u lose not be able to counter pick stage and character if you lose the match). If losing player counter picks character the next stage will be picked at random from the random select stage list. THIS RULE GOES FOR TEAMS AND SINGLES

•Knock out rule: players on both sides are allowed to knock out 1 stage out of the whole set whether its on the random select or counter picks stage list

•also the stage on random select cannot come more then once only the counter picked stages can .

•cash prizes: cash prizes depends on how many people participates in the events the money is then divided by the top 3 places in singles and 2 in teams

(1vs1)singles: 1st: 70% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot, 3rd 10% of pot
(2vs2)teams: 1st: 80% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot if there is enough teams there will be a 3rd place THEN IT WILL BE 70 20 10

*THE TOUREY WILL START AT 12:00pm SHARP teams 1st then singles last everyone be there by 12:00pm or else*

registration starts at 10:00 to 11:00 and ends at 12:00

*TEAMS WILL START 1ST THEN SINGLES AFTERWARDS SO DONT BE LATE*
-Once $$ is taken AND given to the owner of the place to take his/her cut NO REFUNDS can be made.
-no FIGHTING IF CAUGHT WILL BE BANNED FROM PLACE AND DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REFUND AND ASK TO LEAVE BUILDING IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT REFUND NOOO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!

If anyone has any questions, IM or PM me.
Hope to see you all there!!

The tourney will start early this time since we have a lil time to end it so reg starts at 10 and ends at 11 tounrey starts at 11:30

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
(i <3 the mages rule)

AND ALSO SINCE THIS GAUNTLET IS SO FAR FROM NOW WE WILL MAY HAVE BIWEEKLIES TO RAISE MONEY TOWARDS THE POT AND TO RAISE PPLS SKILLS TOO FOR GAUNTLET SO THIS CAN BE THE HARDEST GAUNTLET EVER. MORE DETAILS WILL BE POSTED LATER

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Are you Fifteen? I think I remember reading somewhere that you were Fourteen, but that was a long time ago.

I'll try to make it to this but I don't know my plans yet.

Alukard

Smash Hero
U Kno I'm Gonna B There Going For Top 4 This Time... Also U Owe Me A Match WeS -_-

Mooplet

Smash Journeyman
This IS far away but thats alright...

bringing everyone i can because we didnt make it in to the city recently...
what happens to gauntlet when brawl hits?

italianplayer has to be like... twenty. or older. *guesses randomly*

phish-it

Smash Champion
Eww. Sunday Tournaments are pretty bad, I mean they're ok for small tournaments, but for something as big as a Gauntlet, it's probably a bad idea.

richie137

Smash Cadet
OK, phish-it, time to bring this into light, the reason why this is a sunday tournament, first of all NYCLAN, has HALO and Gears of War, on Saturday, which is insanely popular, so for now, they are not going to change that, so thats is why it is on a sunday. Anyways, I do agree with you, it should have been on a Saturday, so it could be flexible with some of you guys, because some of you have school, college or even work the very next day when a tournament is placed on sunday, so this could cause a big problem and it is also on a regular school night, but also this is on a regular day, plus there will be no time to move this to a later day, because of EVO East is three weeks later, in Stamford. So they have to get this tournamentiin, before the big one in EVO. This will be pretty big around 50-70 people, but this could get a major conflict with some of you guys, hopefully I will see you guys there.

thx

Smash Ace
i might be going there but idk im pretty sure things can change within like the span of 2 months =/ lol

thx

Smash Ace
o also i might need a teams partner for teams so if anyone doesnt have a partner pm me so we could get good practice before the tourny im much better in teams but never enter =(

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm definitely hitting this up with the rest of the KF family. KF is gonna be ready to ****, all dai. I wonder what are team names are gonna be, lol?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
ok i always say im going to try to come 2 this tourney but my mom never lets me go to any >.> >|0 so if some 1 lives in harlem near 101 st and broodway. meet me at that location theres a game store called cyber games meet me there BUT!!! that place can get packed. and if u do wanna play me send me a PM and ill tell you what day to meet up on i would say friday at around 3. [] :laugh: :laugh: :confused: :) :( :dizzy: :embarrass :mad: :ohwell: :lick: :chuckle: :p :urg: :psycho: :cool:

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
yeah I'll be there.

Also I might need a team partner, I dunno if tetra is my team partner anymore....I haven't talked to him in a while.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
can u please.........

how about you guys make teams 70 20 10 or 65 25 10 cuz we all know pc and wes are taking it again so hogging the $ is wack. Same for singles......we all know PC is winning it might as well give PC his own **** pot.

Pot is 65 20 10

PC pot is 200 bux =D

After 200 everything is split :-D

I stll love you pC but **** has become gay. I say PC enters guantlet with KIRBY or NESS. LETS DO THIS PEOPLE VOTE FOR PC TO USE KIRBY OR NESS CUZ HIS ROBOT FINGERS CANT CONTROL THOSE CHARACTERS AS WELL.. *thinks.....ill stil lose to pcs kirby :(*

Just asking for some leniency guys. Teams sux getting 10 dollars and **** for 3rd or 2nd. Even it out papa. Make teams and singles more even that 80 20 **** is wack. G-let alwaus gets mad people so that well wait to see how many teams is BS. Just do the **** thang. WUTANG.

PS: WOBBLING HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone start practicing ur wobbling. LETS MAKE THIS GAME A PIECE OF SH*T LIKE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

= Papa Dav3 All Day

Bailey

Smash Hero
LOL at Dav3 I love that. Wobbling and PC's Ness/Kirby this is gonna be so good. Well is Wobbling aloud because you know Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is kinda starting to sound like Super Smash Bros Melee you know????

Cia

das kwl
Oh wow, It's obvious that i'm the last to know about this gauntlet tournament. needless to say, i'm highly embarrassed. But i will be going. Besides, this will be a good chance to see if there's any new talent. as far as trying to predict the outcome of this tournament, don't count out the many other people who place really well at these things. i'm mean, the singles winner could very well be pc chris.. but it could also be KDJ, Bum, or even myself (lmfao.. that was just for us) but yeeeeah.. so umm. i really don't know how to wrap this one up. i talk too much. last time i did this, cort ended up challenging me to a money match <_<.. ummmm.. <poof>

*also, i'm still not sure who i'm teaming with yet. so if anyone knows me and is interested. hit me up on AoL (SN is in profile)

Top Bottom